Big Walmart WWE DVD/Bluray Sale

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:46 AM

I'll chime in and say that the Punk documentary is probably the best they've ever made. It seemed unedited and real. There were parts that made me say "This guy is a real asshole" and then 30 minutes later I could see a part and be like "Wow. That's a really nice thing to do!". The guy is very polarizing and that's probably what makes the documentary so great.

I would say which sections in particular I am talking about but I don't want to spoil anything for those who have yet to see it.

komentra.png card.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: Murdered: Soul Suspect, The Wolf Among Us, Outlast: Whistleblower 

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)

#32 NovaKane

NovaKane

On the real...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:14 AM

Just picked up Starcade, History of the Heavyweight Championship, Rise and Fall of WCW, and CM Punk Blu for the prices mentioned. They had the prices on the slots for the discs but not on the actual cases.

The Rise and Fall of WCW documentary is trash IMO. It came off rushed and half-assed. It could've been a lot longer, more in-depth, and informative. I had more questions than answers when I finished watchin' it.

The CM Punk doc is the shit though. One of the best I've seen in a long time.

#33 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:21 AM

I bought WM 25,26 & 28 on Blu-Ray, WM 23 on DVD, and the CM Punk Blu-Ray today.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#34 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

The Rise and Fall of WCW documentary is trash IMO. It came off rushed and half-assed. It could've been a lot longer, more in-depth, and informative. I had more questions than answers when I finished watchin' it.

Not to mention, much like the old Monday Night Wars "documentary," it's basically WWE's version of how stuff happened. No thanks.

The Starrcade, Clash of the Champions, and two Nitro sets are all good WWE releases related to WCW history since they are mostly just big match collections with not a lot of revisionist history necessary/included.

#35 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:25 AM

I went to Walmart today to buy a new vacuum, and I couldn't resist walking back to the WWE dvd/blu section again. I decided to grab the True Story of Wrestlemania on bluray. I had previously seen the doc portion on Netflix and enjoyed it, so I picked it up to check it out again and see the matches. I didn't see this listed in the OP, but I also grabbed the Undertaker 20-0 Streak bluray for $12.96 as well. I can't wait to check that one out.

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#36 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:33 AM

Just got back from WM and got the COTC Blu for $13. Excellent deal.

Wish I held out a bit on COTC a few nonths. Still a great set. Hopefully my local Wally's will have the Punk Blu in stock.

New sig coming soon.

#37 batman1939

batman1939

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

I went to Walmart today to buy a new vacuum, and I couldn't resist walking back to the WWE dvd/blu section again. I decided to grab the True Story of Wrestlemania on bluray. I had previously seen the doc portion on Netflix and enjoyed it, so I picked it up to check it out again and see the matches. I didn't see this listed in the OP, but I also grabbed the Undertaker 20-0 Streak bluray for $12.96 as well. I can't wait to check that one out.

I grabbed the Undertaker 20-0 bluray as well, says all 20 matches hopefully not edited or too much blur out. Also got CM Punk one.

#38 HCHecxz

HCHecxz

The Hecxzellent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

My Wal-Mart in town as the first 15 Wrestlemania's listed as $9.96. What the heck!

Did nab CM Punk Blu Ray, I have it on DVD, but I wanted to see all the extras on Blu-Ray. Well worth it.
The Hecxz-ellent One of CAG.com

Posted Image

#39 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:53 AM

My parents just paid a little over $20 for the Punk Blu-Ray on Amazon for my birthday last month. Worth every penny.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#40 JTHuffy

JTHuffy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:23 AM

The cool part is the Walmart ones at least also have a Vudu sticker with a code on the back for any Wrestlemania event on Vudu!

If anyone doesn't want their codes, I'll take them, just throwing that out there ;-)

#41 pyoobez

pyoobez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:56 AM

I went to Kmart yesterday and they had many of the 3-disc sets for $10 and a few more for $5. The Undertaker double pack was one of the $5s if I remember correctly. It's YMMV, I guess.

Yeah, ever since WWE started that deal with K-Mart their DVD prices have been pretty solid. I picked up the Edge Decade of Decadance set for $5 there. I believe The Rock Electrifying set was $5 as well. The other ones I remember were a Stone Cold one (Truth, I think but it was sold out) and Taker's 15-0.
Posted Image

#42 bigdaddykyler

bigdaddykyler

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:05 AM

The cool part is the Walmart ones at least also have a Vudu sticker with a code on the back for any Wrestlemania event on Vudu!

If anyone doesn't want their codes, I'll take them, just throwing that out there ;-)

Just a heads up

The vudu codes are good for manias 1-15, 27, & 28 and if im not mistaken the wm1-15 are from the butchered anthology collection :cry:

#43 Raye

Raye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

I was very happy that the Wal-Mart in town I went to had the display with every single thing in-stock. Picked up the CM Punk Blu-ray and watched it tonight. I kind of wished they had more of his earlier career focused on a bit more. I thought it was funny how they just ignored the fact that he became the leader of the New Nexus. Nonetheless, it was a great documentary.

RayeKasai.png

#44 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

Just a heads up

The vudu codes are good for manias 1-15, 27, & 28 and if im not mistaken the wm1-15 are from the butchered anthology collection :cry:

so which of those 1-15 are butchered exactly? are any not butchered?

#45 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

so which of those 1-15 are butchered exactly? are any not butchered?

I have 5, 6, 8 and 10 so far. There's some entrance theme changes like Flair's at 8 and Piper running Brother Love off at Wrestlemania V is edited out. Not sure what else as I haven't noticed it.

#46 JTHuffy

JTHuffy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

Just a heads up

The thing that really sucks about redeeming the codes is that they just show the range of years, without clearly showing which Wrestlemania you're getting.

#47 Mr. Brown

Mr. Brown

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

Anyone know if this deal is still good, in-store? I'm interested in the CM Punk blu-ray.

#48 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

Anyone know if this deal is still good, in-store? I'm interested in the CM Punk blu-ray.

Should be. The section itself is permanent and it seems unlikely they'd mark up the prices on them.

I have 5, 6, 8 and 10 so far. There's some entrance theme changes like Flair's at 8

Ha! Is that the one where they actually overdubbed the soundalike theme that he was using at the time with the real 2001 theme?

The thing that really sucks about redeeming the codes is that they just show the range of years, without clearly showing which Wrestlemania you're getting.

Yes, and I fucking suffered because of it. Wanted WM8 and wound up with WM9. That's about as night and day as it gets. UGH.
Posted Image

#49 Clan Mc

Clan Mc

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:36 AM

Yup! Just got back from my local Hell Hole, I mean Walmart, with my CM Punk Blu. Selection is a bit sparse though at this point.

#50 Mr. Brown

Mr. Brown

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

Yup! Just got back from my local Hell Hole, I mean Walmart, with my CM Punk Blu. Selection is a bit sparse though at this point.

Thanks! I just got back from my local Walmart where I picked up the CM Punk blu-ray. There was a pretty good selection there. Thought about getting one of the Wrestlemanias, Best of Clash of the Champions, or Best of Starrcade but I decided to just stick with the BITW Bluray until I did some research on the others. Any recommendations on the Wrestlemanias?

#51 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:58 PM

yea wal mart still has plenty mine does anyway. ive bought so far punk, wrestlemania 26-28(cause i had 25 on blu ray and these are the only ones on blu ray yea sad collectors logic there lol), ladder matches and the undertaker 20-0.

#52 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:05 AM

Got the CM Punk bluray a while ago but have to ask, did anyone else have to fight the urge to back out of the store holding the Punk video over your head yelling "Best in the wooooooorld!"?

#53 JTHuffy

JTHuffy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:25 AM

Yes, and I fucking suffered because of it. Wanted WM8 and wound up with WM9. That's about as night and day as it gets. UGH.

I put in a support request because the stupid things keep moving around, and you can't tell which is which. I've redeemed WM1 3 times and WM3 twice! I have more codes to put in, but I'm gonna wait until they fix it.

#54 GinsuVictim

GinsuVictim

Arcade Cabinet Builder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:35 AM

Broken record here, but the CM Punk doc is WELL worth owning. I stopped watching wrestling in the early 2000s, so I was only vaguely aware of him, but I'm a fan now. All of my wrestling watching habits are old DVDs and documentaries these days, but this set is GOLD.
If you have Netflix, the main documentary is available. The blu-ray, however, gives you tons of extras and full matches.