John Cena Experience

$12.96 Blu-ray Deals
WrestleMania 28
True Story of WrestleMania
Epic Journey of The Rock
CM Punk Best in the World
OMG! Top 50 Incidents
WCW Clash of the Champions

Before anyone asks, Wrestlemania I-XIV appear to be repackaged Anthology releases. Wrestlemania XV does appear to have the WWF logo unblurred, but has numerous other edits to the program that involve spots involving choking and the hanging of Big Boss Man. Also, when I saw this sale at my Wal-Mart, each disc had a Vudu code to get a free eCopy of "any" Wrestlemania event. When I put in the code, only I-XV and 27 and 28 were available to choose from. For I-XV, you have to count the box arts in order to select the one you want, since they all have the same Anthology box set picture and are not named.

The CM Punk blu ray is by far the best doc they've put out and worth every penny at $25...actually most of those are great sets. I'll have to snag the clash blu next time I'm out.

The heck? I was at Wal-Mart today and there were none of these. I would have noticed the CM Punk BD since I've been wanting that for a while. :(

Edit: Oh, I just saw the part about it starting next week... Still wish these were online so I could PM at BB.

I would have got some of the old ones for nostalgia, but I cannot abide revisionist editing, theme changes, and weird logo blurs. Just give it to me the way it really was. I feel the same way about Star Wars.

[quote name='Will']Dont wanna own any but wouldnt mind watching alot of em.[/QUOTE]

Netflix instant has the majority of the docs on streaming.

I stopped by my Walmart today and they had their display and pricing all set up nice. I mainly wanted the CM Punk blu because I heard it was the best doc WWE has ever made, according to a bunch of people I've talked to, and since it was cheap, I picked it up. They had everything listed above I think. It was hard to just walk away with one, lol.

[quote name='Kaiser499']So is this live or does this start next week? I wouldn't mind picking up the CM Punk DVD.[/QUOTE]

It was live at my walmart. CM Punk only had bluray from what I saw.

Went a couple days ago. Got Clash of the Champions Blu for 13 bucks and Starrcade collection for 10. Wanted the Undertaker double pack but none were there. They had "Deadliest Matches" but that's included in the double pack, so I passed for now.

To my surprise, almost all of the Wrestlemania discs were 5 bucks. I know for sure 1-23 were, after that memory gets fuzzy. The more recent ones were not, but they were still discounted to the prices in the OP.

All of the discs (not just the WM ones) had the Vudu redemption code to download a Wrestlemania event of your choice, as well.

EDIT - Just got back from a different Wal-Mart and the Wrestlemania discs were the usual 10 bucks, so YMMV. The one that had them for 5 bucks was in Shelby Township, MI and the stickers on the shelves underneath them all said $5.00.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm... no Ladder Match 2? That's one of the few I really want as I was there at BJC in State that night when E&C faced The Hardyz for the tag titles on the first Raw on TNN.

The CM Punk doc is great. If you have a Blu-ray player, definitely get that version. There are a ton of Blu-ray exclusive features.

I went to Kmart yesterday and they had many of the 3-disc sets for $10 and a few more for $5. The Undertaker double pack was one of the $5s if I remember correctly. It's YMMV, I guess.

[quote name='Andami']I went to Kmart yesterday and they had many of the 3-disc sets for $10 and a few more for $5. The Undertaker double pack was one of the $5s if I remember correctly. It's YMMV, I guess.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. K-Mart is like a mile from me so I'll give it a shot.

Just so you all know, Amazon has the Wrestlemania Anthology sets under $20 (except for one I think). I just ordered Vol. 1 and 2 along with the Hulk Hogan Unreleased set for $45 total (FSS). IMO a much better deal than buying them separately, and takes up less room.

[quote name='thundarr']Just so you all know, Amazon has the Wrestlemania Anthology sets under $20 (except for one I think). I just ordered Vol. 1 and 2 along with the Hulk Hogan Unreleased set for $45 total (FSS). IMO a much better deal than buying them separately, and takes up less room.[/QUOTE]

Any chances of Benoit getting edited out of the later ones? If they do I'll just get vol 4 now and just get X7 on blu ray whenever they do the re-releases.

[quote name='HeightsBound']Is this deal dead?[/QUOTE]

The WWE DVD section at Wal-Mart itself is permanent, not sure if the prices are holding.

Semi-related note, saw a couple of good deals at K-Mart last night, I posted a separate thread in this forum for what I found. If you're after the Dead or Alive 2-pack, it may be easier to find there.

[quote name='HeightsBound']Is this deal dead?[/QUOTE]

Just picked up Starcade, History of the Heavyweight Championship, Rise and Fall of WCW, and CM Punk Blu for the prices mentioned. They had the prices on the slots for the discs but not on the actual cases.

I watched the doc portion of the CM Punk blu I bought a few days ago from WM...all I can say is: wow! That really was the best doc I have seen from a WWE release. It was filled with tons of career-spanning info and stories and clips. It was emotional. Just very good overall. I highly recommend it!

Couldn't stop. Between K-Mart & Wal-Mart, over the laat few days I picked up the Punk, Story of Wrestlemania, and Clash of the Champions Blus, and Dead or Alive, Hogan Unreleased Collector's, and Starrcade DVD sets for like 65 bucks total. May grab the Hart Family Anthology at K-Mart before I'm done as well.

I'll chime in and say that the Punk documentary is probably the best they've ever made. It seemed unedited and real. There were parts that made me say "This guy is a real asshole" and then 30 minutes later I could see a part and be like "Wow. That's a really nice thing to do!". The guy is very polarizing and that's probably what makes the documentary so great.

I would say which sections in particular I am talking about but I don't want to spoil anything for those who have yet to see it.

[quote name='cdeener']Just picked up Starcade, History of the Heavyweight Championship, Rise and Fall of WCW, and CM Punk Blu for the prices mentioned. They had the prices on the slots for the discs but not on the actual cases.[/QUOTE]

The Rise and Fall of WCW documentary is trash IMO. It came off rushed and half-assed. It could've been a lot longer, more in-depth, and informative. I had more questions than answers when I finished watchin' it.

The CM Punk doc is the shit though. One of the best I've seen in a long time.

[quote name='NovaKane']The Rise and Fall of WCW documentary is trash IMO. It came off rushed and half-assed. It could've been a lot longer, more in-depth, and informative. I had more questions than answers when I finished watchin' it.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention, much like the old Monday Night Wars "documentary," it's basically WWE's version of how stuff happened. No thanks.

The Starrcade, Clash of the Champions, and two Nitro sets are all good WWE releases related to WCW history since they are mostly just big match collections with not a lot of revisionist history necessary/included.

I went to Walmart today to buy a new vacuum, and I couldn't resist walking back to the WWE dvd/blu section again. I decided to grab the True Story of Wrestlemania on bluray. I had previously seen the doc portion on Netflix and enjoyed it, so I picked it up to check it out again and see the matches. I didn't see this listed in the OP, but I also grabbed the Undertaker 20-0 Streak bluray for $12.96 as well. I can't wait to check that one out.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Just got back from WM and got the COTC Blu for $13. Excellent deal.[/QUOTE]

Wish I held out a bit on COTC a few nonths. Still a great set. Hopefully my local Wally's will have the Punk Blu in stock.

My Wal-Mart in town as the first 15 Wrestlemania's listed as $9.96. What the heck!

Did nab CM Punk Blu Ray, I have it on DVD, but I wanted to see all the extras on Blu-Ray. Well worth it.

The cool part is the Walmart ones at least also have a Vudu sticker with a code on the back for any Wrestlemania event on Vudu!

If anyone doesn't want their codes, I'll take them, just throwing that out there ;-)

[quote name='Andami']I went to Kmart yesterday and they had many of the 3-disc sets for $10 and a few more for $5. The Undertaker double pack was one of the $5s if I remember correctly. It's YMMV, I guess.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, ever since WWE started that deal with K-Mart their DVD prices have been pretty solid. I picked up the Edge Decade of Decadance set for $5 there. I believe The Rock Electrifying set was $5 as well. The other ones I remember were a Stone Cold one (Truth, I think but it was sold out) and Taker's 15-0.

[quote name='JTHuffy']The cool part is the Walmart ones at least also have a Vudu sticker with a code on the back for any Wrestlemania event on Vudu!

If anyone doesn't want their codes, I'll take them, just throwing that out there ;-)[/QUOTE]

Just a heads up

The vudu codes are good for manias 1-15, 27, & 28 and if im not mistaken the wm1-15 are from the butchered anthology collection :cry:

I was very happy that the Wal-Mart in town I went to had the display with every single thing in-stock. Picked up the CM Punk Blu-ray and watched it tonight. I kind of wished they had more of his earlier career focused on a bit more. I thought it was funny how they just ignored the fact that he became the leader of the New Nexus. Nonetheless, it was a great documentary.

[quote name='bigdaddykyler']Just a heads up

The vudu codes are good for manias 1-15, 27, & 28 and if im not mistaken the wm1-15 are from the butchered anthology collection :cry:[/QUOTE]

so which of those 1-15 are butchered exactly? are any not butchered?

[quote name='kayne2000']so which of those 1-15 are butchered exactly? are any not butchered?[/QUOTE]

I have 5, 6, 8 and 10 so far. There's some entrance theme changes like Flair's at 8 and Piper running Brother Love off at Wrestlemania V is edited out. Not sure what else as I haven't noticed it.

[quote name='bigdaddykyler']Just a heads up

The vudu codes are good for manias 1-15, 27, & 28 and if im not mistaken the wm1-15 are from the butchered anthology collection :cry:[/QUOTE]

The thing that really sucks about redeeming the codes is that they just show the range of years, without clearly showing which Wrestlemania you're getting.

[quote name='Mr. Brown']Anyone know if this deal is still good, in-store? I'm interested in the CM Punk blu-ray.[/QUOTE]

Should be. The section itself is permanent and it seems unlikely they'd mark up the prices on them.

[quote name='mitch079']I have 5, 6, 8 and 10 so far. There's some entrance theme changes like Flair's at 8[/QUOTE]

Ha! Is that the one where they actually overdubbed the soundalike theme that he was using at the time with the real 2001 theme?

[quote name='JTHuffy']The thing that really sucks about redeeming the codes is that they just show the range of years, without clearly showing which Wrestlemania you're getting.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and I fucking suffered because of it. Wanted WM8 and wound up with WM9. That's about as night and day as it gets. UGH.

[quote name='Mr. Brown']Anyone know if this deal is still good, in-store? I'm interested in the CM Punk blu-ray.[/QUOTE]

Yup! Just got back from my local Hell Hole, I mean Walmart, with my CM Punk Blu. Selection is a bit sparse though at this point.

[quote name='Clan Mc']Yup! Just got back from my local Hell Hole, I mean Walmart, with my CM Punk Blu. Selection is a bit sparse though at this point.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! I just got back from my local Walmart where I picked up the CM Punk blu-ray. There was a pretty good selection there. Thought about getting one of the Wrestlemanias, Best of Clash of the Champions, or Best of Starrcade but I decided to just stick with the BITW Bluray until I did some research on the others. Any recommendations on the Wrestlemanias?

yea wal mart still has plenty mine does anyway. ive bought so far punk, wrestlemania 26-28(cause i had 25 on blu ray and these are the only ones on blu ray yea sad collectors logic there lol), ladder matches and the undertaker 20-0.

Got the CM Punk bluray a while ago but have to ask, did anyone else have to fight the urge to back out of the store holding the Punk video over your head yelling "Best in the wooooooorld!"?

bread's done
Back