Photo
- - - - -

For BB RZ members who have used the Facebook app- Get 500 points for spending $10

• Please log in to reply
785 replies to this topic

#391 vikasbpai

vikasbpai

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

Mine Facebook App says "Members who interact with this app by March 23 get 500 points on one qualifying transaction over $10. Online & in-store. Excludes Gift Card purchases."

With so many people discussing about buying gift cards worth $10 or more, I am not sure if they would get the 500 points.
Or does the message mean vice-versa. Things brought using gift card are not eligible?

#392 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

The only thing that you cannot buy to get the 500 points is a Best Buy gift card. All of this is covered in the OP.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#393 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

If I use about $16 from a best buy gift card and $10 in reward certificates on this would it still qualify? The way I figure the rewardzone certs just lowers the total price to $15 and so the purchase would still be officially $15.

I just want to make sure that using any rewardzone cert doesn't automatically disqualify the order. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Read the OP....

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#394 golf1410

golf1410

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:09 AM

I did order eshop prepaid card 20 $ and chatted with rep online. He said eshop card is considered as a gift card. Better buy product, not some kind of cards.

#395 Gedemer

Gedemer

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:16 AM

I did order eshop prepaid card 20 $ and chatted with rep online. He said eshop card is considered as a gift card. Better buy product, not some kind of cards.

Then they are lying and you should correct them...

It states that you CAN use a Best Buy GC towards the purchase of the 10$ AND there is nothing stating you cannot buy Gift Cards (other than Best Buy ones)

#396 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:28 AM

It has been said time and time again that any gift card BESIDES Best Buy gift cards can be purchased to get the 500 bonus points. So long as the total of the purchase is $10 or more....Why are so many people unwilling to read the OP??

EDIT:

To show proof that using gift cards AND buying a $10 PSN card actually give the 500 bonus points:
Spoiler

Edited by Saix_XIII, 16 March 2013 - 12:57 AM.

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List

#397 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:20 AM

my reciept doesn't say anything about 500 points. Did I do it wrong? Like did everyone else's come up immediately?

And you gotta admit, compared to the usual fare, and given Best Buy's track record, this promotion is more confusing than most.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#398 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:28 AM

my reciept doesn't say anything about 500 points. Did I do it wrong? Like did everyone else's come up immediately?

And you gotta admit, compared to the usual fare, and given Best Buy's track record, this promotion is more confusing than most.

No purchase ever made with a RZ card shows you the points on the receipt besides your current balance. It does not tell you what you earned in the transaction at all. The Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered promotion doesn't say "You earned 1000 points as a bonus this transaction" or anything of the sort.

It isn't confusing at all. Verify you are eligible for promotion. Buy an item that is $10 or more. Wait...

~fin

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List

#399 uEih

uEih

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:32 AM

Hmm... what should I buy? I was thinking of a game but maybe the $10 PSN card is the best since I could wait for a PSN sale and it'll be heavily discounted since i have PS+ also. What are some good deals people bought? I have GC and $10 reward certificate but I rather use the certificate since that expires and it'll just go back to my account with points.
Get Free Xbox360 Games quick and easy: Sign up here! PM me if you have any questions. http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=236921

#400 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:37 AM

Well I mean how do I get to this screen then, where it says 500 points earned:

Spoiler

You're saying there's no knowing whether it went through or not until 20 days from now, and that isn't confusing? Not even a confirmation?

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#401 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:39 AM

You're saying there's no knowing whether it went through or not until 20 days from now, and that isn't confusing? Not even a confirmation?

That screen is in my RZ history...just like every other transaction I have from my RZ history. It takes 2-4 days (usually) for a transaction to show in general. As soon as my $10 PSN card purchase hit my RZ account it was listed with the 500 points.

Not a SINGLE Best Buy purchase made online or in store has any confirmation about ANY of the points earned. It is all seen within your RZ account. It has ALWAYS been like this, or at least for the last 2-3 years.

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List

#402 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:40 AM

Points are never "confirmed" till they are pending and even then till 35 days pass.

Selling GTA V and Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#403 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:54 AM

Cool thanks Saix. That's a good way for people to check if they should be expecting the points.

#404 Lt Dan

Lt Dan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:09 AM

So I just saw on the FB page that you CAN'T buy a gift card to get the 500 bonus points. I'm positive that it didn't say that yesterday or the day before. Anyone buy a gift card and get the 500 points before today?
Currently Playing -
:pc: Marvel Avengers Alliance
:360: Halo 4/Assassins Creed 3/Skylanders Giants/ZOE HD
:ps3: White Knight Chronicles 2
:psp: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
:ds: Pokemon White 2
Vita: AC3 Liberation

#405 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:21 AM

So I just saw on the FB page that you CAN'T buy a gift card to get the 500 bonus points. I'm positive that it didn't say that yesterday or the day before. Anyone buy a gift card and get the 500 points before today?

That has been there shortly after the promotion started, but it was not there at the start of the offer. You can buy gift cards, just not a Best Buy GC.

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List

#406 Lt Dan

Lt Dan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:38 AM

That has been there shortly after the promotion started, but it was not there at the start of the offer. You can buy gift cards, just not a Best Buy GC.

Shit! I bought a bb gc the other day :(

Guess I'll have to buy something else. Wonder if I could buy something with that BB gc I bought and get the points?
Currently Playing -
:pc: Marvel Avengers Alliance
:360: Halo 4/Assassins Creed 3/Skylanders Giants/ZOE HD
:ps3: White Knight Chronicles 2
:psp: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
:ds: Pokemon White 2
Vita: AC3 Liberation

#407 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:44 AM

Shit! I bought a bb gc the other day :(

Guess I'll have to buy something else. Wonder if I could buy something with that BB gc I bought and get the points?

Yes, I bought a $10 PSN card with $10 in BB gift card credit and my 500 points are pending.

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List

#408 io

io

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:53 AM

Incorrect, it will show there if you qualify If you are not seeing this in your active offers...it is not an active offer for you.

I voted yesterday and got the 14 points immediately (so I know the Facebook App linked to my RZ account). Still no "offer" for the 500 though. I think you guys are all making this shit up ;). The Facebook side of it tells me I should get this offer - but without seeing it on the RZ account I'm not going to spend money there I wouldn't spend otherwise.

#409 lobito72

lobito72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:54 AM

this is a sweet deal, I'm on it!

#410 Gedemer

Gedemer

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:59 AM

I voted yesterday and got the 14 points immediately (so I know the Facebook App linked to my RZ account). Still no "offer" for the 500 though. I think you guys are all making this shit up ;). The Facebook side of it tells me I should get this offer - but without seeing it on the RZ account I'm not going to spend money there I wouldn't spend otherwise.

It most likely wont come up on your offers page. If you did vote, just go buy something with your reward name and you should get it.

Although mine doesnt show the offer for me, it specifically states that ANY member of Reward Zone can interact with the FB App and will get the 500 points with a 10$ purchase.

#411 uEih

uEih

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:04 AM

Yes, I bought a $10 PSN card with $10 in BB gift card credit and my 500 points are pending.

I know the first post says you can use the rewards certificate but can someone confirmed they did this?
Get Free Xbox360 Games quick and easy: Sign up here! PM me if you have any questions. http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=236921

#412 nsanchez1

nsanchez1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:39 AM

I did the poll ? On the day voting ended and bought a movie on Wednesday night and it just showed up on my BB Rz today. Patience is key especially when you are getting free money.

#413 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:41 AM

Confused now.

If you use a Reward Zone certificate during the purchase it will not void the promotion. However, the total amount of the purchase, before tax and Reward Zone certificate, must be $10.

So, if you bought a $20 item, before tax, and used a $10 Reward Zone certificate you should qualify. If you bought an item for $19.99, before tax, and used a $10 Reward Zone certificate you would not qualify for the promotion.

From a BBY mod.
Posted Image

#414 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:47 AM

Confused now.

From a BBY mod.

$20-10=10. 19.99-10=9.99

Certificates can be used on the purchase, but the total AFTER certificates needs to be at least $10.

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List

#415 zzamaro

zzamaro

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:51 AM

I asked the employee about this deal and he asked another employee in the other checkout lane, she said it was fake. That anything related to FB is fake. THen I told her that bestbuy.com has linked FB to their site. She still said it was fake, and I wasn't going to get any extra points. I left w/o purchasing anything :(
[This signature was deleted at the request of the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.]

#416 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:51 AM

$20-10=10. 19.99-10=9.99

Certificates can be used on the purchase, but the total AFTER certificates needs to be at least $10.

Another BBY person.

Say I get an item that costs exactly $10 and then after tax it ended up costing $10.XX If I give the cashier $10 in Reward zone and basically pay the .XX of tax in cash I should be eligible for this offer. YES or NO?

Yes, that would be eligible. However, in your example I want to make sure you know that $10 is the bare minimum of a subtotal that would qualify (as in an item for $9.99 would not, even if sales tax brings the total above $10). The link below should clear up other popular questions, but let me know if you're unsure of anything else!

Posted Image

#417 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:55 AM

RWZ Certs always bring down the total amount paid in their system. So if you bought a $10 PSN card and used a $5 cert to help pay for it your total ammout paid is only $5 to them. Its the reason why I had problems price matching in the past when I used RWZ certs. Just be safe and pay at least $10 in cash or in gift cards.

#418 uEih

uEih

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:58 AM

Now does that apply for gift cards too? Or can I use a full $10 gift card and pay $0 and still get the promotion?

#419 heratio

heratio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:01 AM

I bought an Amazon Kindle Card and after about 2 days, the 500 points appeared in my reward zone account under pending.

#420 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:03 AM

So supposedly this should be clear as water now.

Paying $10+ (cash) = 500 pts.
Paying $9.99 or less = 0 pts.

Another BBY person.

But according to BB, supposedly using your cert (I'm assuming a GC would be okay too) to drop the total down (from anything over $10+) doesn't negate the promo now?

Luckily I still have time to wait and see how this works out. Don't even know what to buy atm.