For BB RZ members who have used the Facebook app- Get 500 points for spending $10

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800fbd2a

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Points...e-You-voted-Now-it-s-time-to-shop/td-p/666446

Offer expires: 03/23/2013
Shop all of your favorite products ranging from cameras, TVs and appliances and get 500 bonus points on one transaction over $10.

Don't forget to try out the new Reward Zone Facebook App and vote on three new Members Choice offers on 3/24/13.

Offer available online and in store.

Shop BestBuy.com® and use your member number.

Or shop a Best Buy® store near you. To redeem, provide Reward Zone member number at purchase.

Reward Zone members who have interacted with the Reward Zone App on Facebook are eligible to get 500 bonus points on qualifying purchases. Offer is non-transferable. No cash value. No copies. May not be combined with other bonus point offers. Limit 1 bonus point offer per membership. Valid 3/13/13 – 3/23/13 in Best Buy stores and at BestBuy.com.

INFO FROM FORUM LINK

Thank you for voting on the latest Member’s Choice offer. Eligible Reward Zone members who have interacted with the Reward Zone app on Facebook can get 500 Reward Zone points on a single qualifying transaction over $10 between 3/13/13 and 3/23/13.

As a reminder, this offer is subject to our full Program Rules. This means purchases of Best Buy Gift Cards and other non-qualifying purchases are excluded (see Program Rules for what is considered a non-qualifying purchase).

As an exception, this one-time offer can be combined with other bonus point offers. Also members can pay using Best Buy Gift Cards and/or Reward Zone Certificates toward the $10 to qualify for the offer.

This offer applies to purchases made in a Best Buy store or online at BestBuy.com. Just make sure to use your Reward Zone Member ID at the time of purchase in-store, or have your Member ID synced with your BestBuy.com account.

Below are answers to a few more questions you may have. Otherwise, please refer to the full Program Rules for additional disclosures surrounding offers.

What is an interaction?
Any action taken within the app including taking a poll, building an Ultimate Space, invite a friend or voting on Member’s Choice. Simply downloading or logging into the app does not qualify as an interaction.

Do Marketplace purchases qualify?
Yes. Marketplace purchases qualify as long as all other terms of the offer are met.

Do pre-orders qualify?
Yes, if the pre-order is released on/before the end of the promotion and the payment is thus received before the end of the promotion.

Do purchases of other gift cards, such as Xbox LIVE, PSN, or iTunes qualify?
Yes, as long as all other terms of the offer are met.

When will the points be received?
Just as with all other purchases, points will post to your Reward Zone account in about 20 days.

Thank you for being a Reward Zone member!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ferrari Racer']It has been confirmed on Slickdeals that you can buy a $10 gift card and get $10 in points :D[/QUOTE]

How is that possible when the deal just started today? I doubt anybody has gotten any bonus RWZ points yet to confirm it working, plus it states that the transaction has to be over $10. Anyway, I plan on picking up The Who Framed Roger Rabbit Blu today so hopefully that qualifies for the bonus points.

I clicked the link on facebook and bought a $10 PSN card. Hopefully it works out, either way Best Buy has been pretty good with the app and the rewards so don't mind spending the $10.

[quote name='bruceg']Shoot, another deal where you have to sign up for facebook. I would rather avoid that site entirely.[/QUOTE]

just sign up for a fake account with a throwaway email. My fake account is named "fakeme smith". ;)

The OP link didn't work for me, here's what I used:

BestBuy on Facebook

I just added/accepted the FB app a few minute ago and I have not participated in any prior polls, etc. And the page shows a banner right in the middle of the page for getting 500 bonus points with a $10 purchase. I ordered Roger Rabbit blu-ray for $16.99, which is already a good deal.

It looks like the OP link may be dead. Is the link to sign up to get the points or did you have to sign up in the past and are now just claiming the points?

[quote name='jkam']I clicked the link on facebook and bought a $10 PSN card. Hopefully it works out, either way Best Buy has been pretty good with the app and the rewards so don't mind spending the $10.[/QUOTE]

I think I'll do the same. Great idea.

I grabbed Scott Pilgrim on Blu Ray.

You should also note that you can't use certificates or gift cards to pay for the whole purchase or you will not get the reward points. At least $10 of it has to be paid in cash/credit card (at least as far as I understand)

Just my luck....

Was in Best Buy on Sunday, bought some stuff for $20. Then bought Gears of War Judgment online on Monday. And then yesterday bought God of War Ascension CE in store. I really don't want to go back to Best Buy a 4th day in a row for this, so on the phone now seeing if they can do something.

[quote name='TeamSwish']I think I'll do the same. Great idea.[/QUOTE]

Thanks again. I'll probably just snag a $10 BBGC since I'll be spending the money either way, lol.

Edit: I wonder if I buy the e-gift card, will I still get the points?

[quote name='WNYX585AM']It looks like the OP link may be dead. Is the link to sign up to get the points or did you have to sign up in the past and are now just claiming the points?[/QUOTE]

If you participated in the poll (that was up for about a week or 2) you are now eligible.

So if you didn't vote for the current choice of 500 points for spending $10, I want to say you won't get it... but YMMV.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Thanks again. I'll probably just snag a $10 BBGC since I'll be spending the money either way, lol.

Edit: I wonder if I buy the e-gift card, will I still get the points?[/QUOTE]

The purchase has to be over $10 so how is that going to work?

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Thanks again. I'll probably just snag a $10 BBGC since I'll be spending the money either way, lol.

Edit: I wonder if I buy the e-gift card, will I still get the points?[/QUOTE]

Just to be safe (and this is merely based off my slight perusing of SlickDeals' site), I went ahead and got a physical card $15 card. According to some of the weiners over there in the thread regarding this "deal", it's gotta be over ten bucks.

Edit: Ah, I see Gamer beat me to it.

[quote name='BadBoy787512']Just to be safe (and this is merely based off my slight perusing of SlickDeals' site), I went ahead and got a physical card $15 card. According to some of the weiners over there in the thread regarding this "deal", it's gotta be over ten bucks.

Edit: Ah, I see Gamer beat me to it.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm going to do. I'll just grab a $15 GC. I'll use it eventually. I can't do store pickup for any of the gift cards...Quite odd.

Not seeing a link anywhere on best buys Facebook, the link from the op won't load for some reason. Anybody willing to give me instructions on where to go to activate or redeem this?

[quote name='jle7385']Not seeing a link anywhere on best buys Facebook, the link from the op won't load for some reason. Anybody willing to give me instructions on where to go to activate or redeem this?[/QUOTE]

The original poll is this

https://www.facebook.com/bestbuy/app_187400188063684

But if you did not vote during the time, you are inelligible as the poll has closed.

Tried this by ordering a $10 GC. Hopefully works. If not, I'm gonna spend the $10 there anyways.

Errrrrr, went back and canceled and did $15 GC to be safe.

If this does show in your active offers on the RZ site then it is impossible for you to be eligible. Basically this is another membership program like Premiere Silver/GCU. If you are not a member of either of those programs the offers are not applicable to you.

Is anyone seeing any kind of confirmation that this worked? I followed the link through the FB app, but didn't see anything when I confirmed the purchase of something over $10. I paid with a BB credit card... didn't use any reward zone points or anything.

[quote name='midloo']Is anyone seeing any kind of confirmation that this worked? I followed the link through the FB app, but didn't see anything when I confirmed the purchase of something over $10. I paid with a BB credit card... didn't use any reward zone points or anything.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious about this too. The Facebook page gives a link for the 500 points which just takes you to the "Hottest Deals" page of the Best Buy website. If the deal is only open to previous voters, why do they show the link? But if the deal is open to whoever signs up, where is the confirmation that you qualify?

[quote name='EricXC']The original poll is this

But if you did not vote during the time, you are inelligible as the poll has closed.[/QUOTE]

I did not participate in the poll, but I do still see the link on my facebook app page tho..
When I click it (GET OFFER), it takes me here: [cant post links] 36 items found for " hottest_deals_2013 " in All Categories

Is that where it takes everyone else that is eligible for the offer or is it just taking me there because I'm not? I'm not clear on how this offer works :s

[quote name='midloo']Is anyone seeing any kind of confirmation that this worked? I followed the link through the FB app, but didn't see anything when I confirmed the purchase of something over $10. I paid with a BB credit card... didn't use any reward zone points or anything.[/QUOTE]

Nothing with my order. You're probably going to have to wait until the transaction posts to your RWZ account to see if you qualified.

[quote name='paynekiller']I did not participate in the poll, but I do still see the link on my facebook app page tho..
When I click it (GET OFFER), it takes me here: [cant post links] 36 items found for " hottest_deals_2013 " in All Categories

Is that where it takes everyone else that is eligible for the offer or is it just taking me there because I'm not? I'm not clear on how this offer works :s[/QUOTE]

Yes - it's where I was taken as well. I took the poll and should be eligible.

There is not a real way of knowing if you are eligible or not besides knowing if you voted in the poll.

The vote is linked to your account, and you can see if you got the 25 points by logging into your account and checking.

Basically if you go into your account history and you got 25 points by voting on the poll called "Crowdsourcing", you are eligible.

Also, that link takes everyone to the hot deals.

Well, I already had a five-dollar RZ certificate, and there's still that Buy Two Get One Free deal going on with pre-owned games. On top of that there's a few 360 game two-packs that count as a single game. So...

Fallout: New Vegas (PS3) - $7.99
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts (Xbox 360) - $7.99
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance + Forza 2 (Xbox 360) - $7.99 FREE
Reward Zone Certificate: - $-5.00

Total: $10.98
Sales Tax: $0.66
Shipping: FREE
Combined Total: $11.64

Unless Best Buy finds some way to screw us over I just got four games essentially for 41 cents each.

[quote name='midloo']Yes - it's where I was taken as well. I took the poll and should be eligible.[/QUOTE]
Ok thank you. Hope your order works out for you, cause beyond "Get Offer" I don't see anything beyond that, like an enter coupon or whatever. Maybe it somehow checks to see if your RZ account has a facebook association and applies the bonus points.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']If this does show in your active offers on the RZ site then it is impossible for you to be eligible. Basically this is another membership program like Premiere Silver/GCU. If you are not a member of either of those programs the offers are not applicable to you.[/QUOTE]
Interesting.. cause I didn't participate in the poll, but I am a Premiere Silver member, and the offer does appear on my page still.

[quote name='EricXC']There is not a real way of knowing if you are eligible or not besides knowing if you voted in the poll.

The vote is linked to your account, and you can see if you got the 25 points by logging into your account and checking.

Basically if you go into your account history and you got 25 points by voting on the poll called "Crowdsourcing", you are eligible.
[/QUOTE]

Okay that specific "Crowdsourcing" does not appear in my history, but no matter, I was still planning to go to best buy today, have this bonus $5 reward certificate I need to use by the 19th. I'll just buy something and hope for the best. If I don't get the bonus 500 points, then I needed a case for my phone anyway.

Quick question: Does renewing the gamer's club unlocked count towards this promo? My sub is about to expire this month and this'll be a great opportunity to renew.

[quote name='EricXC']There is not a real way of knowing if you are eligible or not besides knowing if you voted in the poll.

Also, that link takes everyone to the hot deals.[/QUOTE]

I don't think voting has anything to do with eligibility for the 500-point deal. The voting was basically BB's way of asking RZ members (who used their app), "What one-time deal would you like to see being offered?" The 500-point perk won the most votes (that's why it says "Winning Offer"), so that is what BB is offering all RZ members who used their new BB app.

Using the app seems to be the important thing for being eligible because it links your app usage to your RZ account. I didn't vote, but I still have the offer listed in the app, which asked me to sign into my RZ account prior to viewing the offer.

[quote name='parKer']I don't think voting has anything to do with eligibility for the 500-point deal. The voting was basically BB's way of asking RZ members (who used their app), "What one-time deal would you like to see being offered?" The 500-point perk won the most votes (that's why it says "Winning Offer"), so that is what BB is offering all RZ members who used their new BB app.

Using the app seems to be the important thing for being eligible because it links your app usage to your RZ account. I didn't vote, but I still have the offer listed in the app, which asked me to sign into my RZ account prior to viewing the offer.[/QUOTE]
Same here.

Well dosn't hurt to buy a $10.01 gift card just in case.

:D (unless you never shop at best buy... then again, you wouldn't be in this topic then).

Yeah the wording "Reward Zone members who have interacted with the Reward Zone App on Facebook are eligible to get 500 bonus points on qualifying purchases. " seems like there coud be all sorts of problems.... it won't matter for me as I have interacted with the app since it's debut, but for new members, i'm nervous....

[quote name='parKer']I don't think voting has anything to do with eligibility for the 500-point deal. The voting was basically BB's way of asking RZ members (who used their app), "What one-time deal would you like to see being offered?" The 500-point perk won the most votes (that's why it says "Winning Offer"), so that is what BB is offering all RZ members who used their new BB app.

Using the app seems to be the important thing for being eligible because it links your app usage to your RZ account. I didn't vote, but I still have the offer listed in the app, which asked me to sign into my RZ account prior to viewing the offer.[/QUOTE]

If you look in the offer details under the offer as it appears in the RZ account, the terms are as follows:

"Reward Zone members who have interacted with the Reward Zone App on Facebook are eligible to get 500 bonus points on qualifying purchases. Offer is non-transferable. No cash value. No copies. May not be combined with other bonus point offers. Limit 1 bonus point offer per membership. Valid 3/13/13 – 3/23/13 in Best Buy stores and at BestBuy.com."

So it is definitely only available to those who have linked the facebook app, but the big question is, does "interacted" mean voted in the poll, or just using the app.

Hmmm...I think I'll pick up a $20 PSN card this weekend. I have that one $5 cert that's about to expire, and then $15 cash should qualify me. :)

[quote name='nuuuuj']If you look in the offer details under the offer as it appears in the RZ account, the terms are as follows:

"Reward Zone members who have interacted with the Reward Zone App on Facebook are eligible to get 500 bonus points on qualifying purchases. Offer is non-transferable. No cash value. No copies. May not be combined with other bonus point offers. Limit 1 bonus point offer per membership. Valid 3/13/13 – 3/23/13 in Best Buy stores and at BestBuy.com."

So it is definitely only available to those who have linked the facebook app, but the big question is, does "interacted" mean voted in the poll, or just using the app.[/QUOTE]

The fact that the offer is showing up in my account tells me that "interacted" means just that. USED the app, not VOTED FOR THIS SPECIFIC DEAL TO WIN. Again, I did not vote.

This is what it says in-app:

We have a winner: Members who intereract with the Reward Zone Facebook app by March 23 get 500 points on a single transaction over $10. Online and in-store. Offer expires: 03/23/2013.

Interact by March 23. Make sense to you now?

I went to order an E-card and this shows up at the very top of the page:
"E-Gift Cards are not eligible for Reward Zone points unless purchased with a Reward Zone MasterCard."
So YMMV

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Quick question: Does renewing the gamer's club unlocked count towards this promo? My sub is about to expire this month and this'll be a great opportunity to renew.[/QUOTE]

I want to know if this works for anybody. Mine just expired :(

[quote name='parKer']The fact that the offer is showing up in my account tells me that "interacted" means just that. USED the app, not VOTED FOR THIS SPECIFIC DEAL TO WIN. Again, I did not vote.

This is what it says in-app:

We have a winner: Members who intereract with the Reward Zone Facebook app by March 23 get 500 points on a single transaction over $10. Online and in-store. Offer expires: 03/23/2013.

Interact by March 23. Make sense to you now?[/QUOTE]

No, it doesn't since all you did was repeat what I said. Read my post again, I never said you had to vote for that deal, I am questioning whether you had to vote at all. But then again, your use of caps was the first tip for me that reading comprehension failed you.

bread's done
Back