Photo
- - - - -

For BB RZ members who have used the Facebook app- Get 500 points for spending $10

• Please log in to reply
785 replies to this topic

#631 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:12 PM

My purchases from last week finally showed up and one of them has the 500 bonus points. I never got the offer under "My Offers" on RZ.com, so no need to worry about that despite what everyone was saying a few days ago. As long as you see the Facebook poll points (14) then I think you are good.

It also have a line on my account that says "Spring Bonus Reward Certificate" dated today (3/21) with 0 points. Not sure if anything happened though - no new certs are there.

Earlier this month I received a "Bonus Reward Cert" that appeared to be worth zero points.

Few days later a $5 cert showed up and ready for print. It was never added into my account, just presented itself as a printable credit. Maybe this spring cert will be one of those random surprises again. Who knows.

Anyhow... like you I also received this "Spring Bonus Reward" and I will wait patiently to see if anything comes of this. Even if I receive nothing, I'll be happy. BB RZ has been very good to me the past year or so.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#632 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

I think my purchase of an Amazon gift card worked as I now have 500 pending points that are otherwise unaccounted for.

#633 RoninChaos

RoninChaos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

I want to do this with the 1600+400 xbl bonus but best buy's site says its unavailable. Are they just sold out?

So it says online and instore for the promotion for the gears 1600+400 point card thing. I can't order this online, so do I go in and mention the best buy app on facebook to get 10 bucks?

Also, can I just do three seperate purchases of 10 or more and get 2 certs?
I don't mean to sound cold, or cruel, or vicious... but I am so it comes out that way.
-Bill Hicks.

I'm your Huckleberry

#634 indef

indef

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

I think my purchase of an Amazon gift card worked as I now have 500 pending points that are otherwise unaccounted for.

Same for me, but with a $20 EA game card. Hope they count by next week when SimCity is on sale for $39.99

#635 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

Just ended up getting a $10 PSN card - couldn't really find anything else. Figure it will good to have the extra points because I'll be getting a certificate when I buy a Pikachu 3DS anyway.

Currently Playing - :3ds:  Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan

Recently Completed -   :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Reborn 7/12   :pc: Divinity II: Ego Draconis 7/23  :pc: Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut 8/12

#636 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

Just ended up getting a $10 PSN card - couldn't really find anything else. Figure it will good to have the extra points because I'll be getting a certificate when I buy a Pikachu 3DS anyway.

Unfortunately, Best Buy won't be carrying the Pikachu 3DSXL.

#637 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

My points posted today from my purchases on the 17th. Great deal, thanks OP!

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#638 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

Trying to find something to order for this. I think I'm going to order one of the following: Dead Rising 2, Lego Indiana Jones, or Lego Pirates of the Caribbean. I've read that alot of the appeal of the Lego games comes from good knowledge of the source material. Is this the case? Need some help making my decision.

laboy229.png

#639 jmarano7836

jmarano7836

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

Trying to find something to order for this. I think I'm going to order one of the following: Dead Rising 2, Lego Indiana Jones, or Lego Pirates of the Caribbean. I've read that alot of the appeal of the Lego games comes from good knowledge of the source material. Is this the case? Need some help making my decision.

I would agree with this - since they do put extra effort into rewarding the astute observers of a genre or theme (my girlfriend points many little aspects of the LoTR game - since she just finished re-reading all 3 books and the hobbit!)

Lego Indiana 2 was actually my favorite so far though - while the camera can get wonky at times in all lego games, i found it most frustrating in harry potter versions, followed by indiana, then LoTR. But also - I'm also always co-oping locally so split screen which makes it more tempermental. I feel like the overall flow of Indiana Jones 2 was more straight forward then LoTR though, and also what items / characters had certain tools to use was more straightforward too.
Rule#2: Double-Tap :twoguns: :
690874.png

#640 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

I would agree with this - since they do put extra effort into rewarding the astute observers of a genre or theme (my girlfriend points many little aspects of the LoTR game - since she just finished re-reading all 3 books and the hobbit!)

Lego Indiana 2 was actually my favorite so far though - while the camera can get wonky at times in all lego games, i found it most frustrating in harry potter versions, followed by indiana, then LoTR. But also - I'm also always co-oping locally so split screen which makes it more tempermental.

Thanks, I'm not a big movie guy, and it's been years since I've watched the one Indiana Jones movie that I have seen. The timed events in Dead Rising 2 are the only thing that have kept me from just pulling the trigger on it so far. I liked the first Dead Rising, but that was one aspect that really bugged me.

laboy229.png

#641 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

I haven't played the others, but Lego Pirates is a blast. If you liked any of the movies at all it's easily worth a buy at $20.

I picked up the Avengers set, Halo 4 CE guide, and a Blu for my gf at BB last night, hoping I can get the double 500 points others here have mentioned.

#642 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

Used a GC to pay off a $12.99 balance on Zero Dark Thirty. Hope the points post!
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:

#643 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

Unfortunately, Best Buy won't be carrying the Pikachu 3DSXL.

haha oops. That is pretty surprising. Thanks for letting me know guess I'll go straight to Target. Hard to complain about $10 for $10 PSN/$10 Best Buy Rewards though.

Currently Playing - :3ds:  Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan

Recently Completed -   :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Reborn 7/12   :pc: Divinity II: Ego Draconis 7/23  :pc: Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut 8/12

#644 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

I've got two backordered items that bought for the promo yet none of been posted on my RZ page. Does this usually happen? Its been more than 5 days for both orders.

#645 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

I've got two backordered items that bought for the promo yet none of been posted on my RZ page. Does this usually happen? Its been more than 5 days for both orders.

They won't post till after the orders ship, I would contact Best Buy via Facebook about this and see what they say.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#646 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

They won't post till after the orders ship, I would contact Best Buy via Facebook about this and see what they say.

oh wow. Thanks for the quick response. I'll do that and just to be safe I'll most likely buy something else. I know this has been asked 1000000000x but if Im preordering Bioshock tomorrow, that won't count right?

#647 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

oh wow. Thanks for the quick response. I'll do that and just to be safe I'll most likely buy something else. I know this has been asked 1000000000x but if Im preordering Bioshock tomorrow, that won't count right?

Correct it won't count, same reason the backordered and in-store pick-up items more than likely won't unless the order completes during the promo window. The pre-order isn't a purchase until the game is actually released and it ships/you go and pick it up.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#648 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

Correct it won't count, same reason the backordered and in-store pick-up items more than likely won't unless the order completes during the promo window. The pre-order isn't a purchase until the game is actually released and it ships/you go and pick it up.

yet again, thank you good sir for the responses.

#649 RenoVatio

RenoVatio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

what's a good 10 dollar item?

Got boondocks season 1. A 9.99 item should apply right? It's 10.59 w/ tax.

#650 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

Per the Best Buy Facebook, purchase must be $10 or more BEFORE tax.

#651 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:37 PM

I think it should be $10 pre tax right?

And Royal High Knight:
I once had something back ordered for 2 weeks. It then got cancelled. If you want to get in on this deal I would suggest buying something else before the window on this deal closes.
Posted Image

Now playing:

#652 RenoVatio

RenoVatio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

I think it should be $10 pre tax right?

And Royal High Knight:
I once had something back ordered for 2 weeks. It then got cancelled. If you want to get in on this deal I would suggest buying something else before the window on this deal closes.

It says one transaction over $10. Tax is part of a transaction right?

#653 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:51 PM

Thanks, I'm not a big movie guy, and it's been years since I've watched the one Indiana Jones movie that I have seen. The timed events in Dead Rising 2 are the only thing that have kept me from just pulling the trigger on it so far. I liked the first Dead Rising, but that was one aspect that really bugged me.

Are you considering vanilla Dead Rising 2, or Off the Record? They seem to be the same price on bb.com. If you go for off the record, they have a sandbox mode that gets rid of the timer completely and allows you to run around and kill zombies/do challenges at your leisure. It is probably the most fun I've had playing a Dead Rising game. I would definitely recommend it over the lego games, especially if you aren't a big fan of their source material.

#654 WolfmanASTN

WolfmanASTN

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

It says one transaction over $10. Tax is part of a transaction right?

No it is not

#655 Chuck Stank

Chuck Stank

Colts/Hawkeyes Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

My points posted today from my purchases on the 17th. Great deal, thanks OP!

Same here.
Posted Image

#656 io

io

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

You can look at your transactions and figure that out for sure since the 500 points will be listed not by itself but under a specific purchase.

#657 the Gooseler

the Gooseler

Damon Baird

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:08 PM

Question, MLB 13 The Show is $49.99 for RZ gamers club members. I believe it also comes with a $12 movie ticket to see 42. Would I still get the 500 points from Reward Zone? I don't think this is an example of combining two promotions is it?

It should work. I used the @gamer coupon on ZOE and the 500 points are already pending in my account.

#658 kdiddy1989

kdiddy1989

2011 NBA Champions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

Per the Best Buy Facebook, purchase must be $10 or more BEFORE tax.

This is NOT true. I had a debate quite a few pages ago whether or not this was the case, but now I can confirm this.

My order was Dragon Age 2 and Red Faction: Armaggedon for 4.99 each. Subtotal 9.98. The tax, however, does have this note (Sales Tax does not earn points) before it displays my tax of 0.81. Regardless, I received 9 points from "Purchases", 9 from "RZGC Everyday Bonus Point Promo" and 500 from "Facebook Member Choice 500 Bonus" after a total of $10.79

So in summary, I can confirm that, while tax doesn't reward you with points, it does in fact count towards this deal. I was ready to make a purchase if this didn't go through by tomorrow but my points are pending now. :) 9.99 items WILL work for the points.

#659 chris00cm

chris00cm

Deal Connoisseur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

I made my purchase on 3/16 and yet I still don't have anything on my Rewards account. Should I be worried?

#660 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

anyone know if I ordered items that were backordered if they will count? Not sure when Best Buy charges you. I ordered two of he blurays that are part of the buy1get1 sale going on but they were both on backorder.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif