Demon Souls or Dark Souls or both?

jkam

CAGiversary!
Feedback
258 (100%)
I'm thinking about picking up one of these. Should I get Demon Souls first before Dark Souls or just go with Dark Souls?

Demons souls is more hardcore meanwhile Dark souls is a bit easier but they both depend on your skills, get ready to spend ~30h each if you want to finish them.

Dark Souls.

I will fully recommend Demon's Souls but it is far less user-friendly in comparison. (buy and play both...given the proper price...the time/price on Demon's is ticking-away)

If you can score Demon's Souls for ~$20 while the servers hold then buy-away. (otherwise be aware that the online component may not be there)

I would say play Demon's Souls first as the game is getting older and by the time you finish Dark Souls, play a pallet cleanser, and then get back to it the multiplayer population may have decreased or Atlus may have shut down the multiplayer server. It was recently reinvigorated because Demon's Souls was released on PSN 2 months ago. It is $20, FYI PSN currently has a promotion, for every $50 you spend in March, you get $10 added back to your wallet in April.

By the time you are ready to play Dark Souls an ultimate edition with the story DLC included at a reduced price may be available to purchase on PSN.

I have a question: Does Dark Souls have the item grinding that Demon's Souls had?

I gave up on Demon's Souls because the items I needed to level my equipment were way too rare and tedious to acquire. I did beat it once, though. Was incredibly fun until I decided to upgrade my equipment before New Game +.

The fact that you havent played either makes me jealous.

Jesus...thinking about being able to play Demon's Souls then Dark Souls back to back.

Answer: Both

imo Demon's Souls is the better of the two and throws you into things much more excitingly. it also doesn't have nasty framerate issues like Dark Souls does.

[quote name='ID2006']I have a question: Does Dark Souls have the item grinding that Demon's Souls had?

I gave up on Demon's Souls because the items I needed to level my equipment were way too rare and tedious to acquire. I did beat it once, though. Was incredibly fun until I decided to upgrade my equipment before New Game +.[/QUOTE]
Or you could do like I did, I beat it legit twice, then just duped the hell out of the ores to get what I needed.

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']If you can score Demon's Souls for ~$20 while the servers hold then buy-away. (otherwise be aware that the online component may not be there)[/QUOTE]

Demon's Souls got a PSN digital release at $20, and the online servers will be up indefinitely as far as I heard.

That said, a physical copy should be fairly easy to find at $15, maybe $10 if used.

[quote name='ID2006']I have a question: Does Dark Souls have the item grinding that Demon's Souls had?

I gave up on Demon's Souls because the items I needed to level my equipment were way too rare and tedious to acquire. I did beat it once, though. Was incredibly fun until I decided to upgrade my equipment before New Game +.[/QUOTE]
Pure bladestone? There is nothing approaching that annoying in Dark Souls. If it is not a pure bladestone, there is a pretty easy item duping glitch you can do with stockpile Thomas to multiply chunks.

bread's done
Back