Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy AD 3/17-3/23 (100% Trade In Credit, Far Cry 3 $29.99...UPDATED)

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#31 poker360

poker360

The AWD Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

Having never traded in at BB, when it says '100% Trade-Credit on Any Game' in the original post, does that mean if GOWJ is worth $30 trade-in, you'd actually get $60 for it?
Do you have to be a Gamer Unlocked member to get this deal?
Apologies if these are stupid questions, but I rarely trade my games in, and am probably due to have at least one extra copy of GOWJ left over for trade-in.
Any assistance that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time.

You don't have to be gamer unlocked.

No game will be $30 TIV when 100% TIV is going on, all TIV prices are generally lowered.

splintercelll.jpg
Check out the Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread!
fss.png

#32 fenixrisingxl

fenixrisingxl

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

No game will be $30 TIV when 100% TIV is going on, all TIV prices are generally lowered.

Lol.
Damn it.
Was hoping the TIV would hold at $30 for at least the first day of release.
Thank you for the information.

#33 bluelark

bluelark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

FC3 is tempting there... the 400 MSP deal sounds alright but then it's not really because that's buying 20$ of MSP plus 25 for 3+1 XBL... so a discount of 15 essentially? Gotta pass on that even though I'll be getting the season pass unless it's slightly different from stated here.

#34 Sanges99

Sanges99

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck...?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

FC3 is tempting there... the 400 MSP deal sounds alright but then it's not really because that's buying 20$ of MSP plus 25 for 3+1 XBL... so a discount of 15 essentially? Gotta pass on that even though I'll be getting the season pass unless it's slightly different from stated here.

Yeah... this is probably one of the most-involved-deals-involving-points-that's-hardly-a-deal I've seen in the years I've been a CAG; it's terrible enough I don't think it's even worth mentioning in the ongoing Points thread. Now where's that vomit emoticon....

:puke: Found it. :D

Posted Image

#35 ElPichi931

ElPichi931

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

Will pick up Far cry 3 and Assassin's Creed 3. Gonna use my Buy 2 get 1 free coupons from signing up with GCU last month.. Now to pick another game under $39.99. Probably X-Com if they have it.

Is it a Buy 2 Get 1 Free for any games or used games? Also, did you get it just for signing up?

#36 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

I should have too, since mine broke =[ (black ops controller)

I've logged in 100+ hours on my Rock Candy so far, no troubles [yet]

Thanks for the input, maybe I'll just do it. I have a wireless MS one but not receiver (don't really want to support a chinese knockoff on feeBay) and I"m getting sick of waiting for a wired MS to be on sale for $30 (can't believe that, I paid that much for my wireless one).

#37 bluelark

bluelark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:37 PM

Yeah... this is probably one of the most-involved-deals-involving-points-that's-hardly-a-deal I've seen in the years I've been a CAG; it's terrible enough I don't think it's even worth mentioning in the ongoing Points thread. Now where's that vomit emoticon....

:puke: Found it. :D

Hah yeah. And on top of that it's not really a deal because if you hold out for deals you can get a year for 35-40 anyway and at best that puts it at spending 20 for the season pass and 10 for the XBL time, if you want to look at it that way (which I can't justify, I'm more apt to see it as a 25% back on the season pass and save 10 on the XBL).

#38 bluelark

bluelark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

This is the case. They lower trade value for 100% and raise it for 50% or base trade. They also do this likely because of the points you get for trading isn't applied to the bonus.

For example, BO2 traded in for 17 with 100% bonus (34 total) but then when they switched it to 50% bonus it was 22 base (33 total). In the end it usually comes out about the same assuming the end value doesn't change too much but they do alter them to account for the bonuses. It'd be silly if they didn't. You'll also often see games for under 30 base value at BB regardless of the release day BECAUSE of these bonuses. You're more likely to see them for 28 or 25 with 50 or 100% bonuses. I spend enough time watching the trades and everything that I've noticed the trend lol

#39 Skooba81

Skooba81

Baby Cheesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

WIll be grabbing FarCry and AC3 finally!

#40 I need help badly

I need help badly

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

If you liked red dead or the tomb raider reboot than you will really enjoy far cry 3 and at 30 bucks its a no- brainer. Yeah the co-op and m.p. are nothing special but the single player is top notch.

#41 Shadow Blade

Shadow Blade

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:22 PM

I should have too, since mine broke =[ (black ops controller)
[yet]

Did the RB button break on yours? That is what happened to mine.

#42 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

Is it a Buy 2 Get 1 Free for any games or used games? Also, did you get it just for signing up?

There are two B2G1 Free coupons in the welcome pack:

1. B2G1 Free on new games (console or PC) valued up to $39.99.

2. B2G1 Free on Pre-owned games

These are welcome pack coupons so you get them for the initial sign-up or renewal.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#43 isr34l

isr34l

The Business Bitch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

The only thing I look forward to from Best Buy these days is the Pre-Owned deals of the week
I hope next week has better deals for me

#44 ElPichi931

ElPichi931

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

These are welcome pack coupons so you get them for the initial sign-up or renewal.

For the first one, do you mean that the 3 games have to total $39.99 or each game can be up to $39.99?

#45 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:55 PM

For the first one, do you mean that the 3 games have to total $39.99 or each game can be up to $39.99?

Each individual game can be $39.99 or less. Best time to use this coupon IMO is when there are good sales such as this upcoming deal.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#46 Ahkward

Ahkward

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:59 AM

Do you think I could use the first one on Far Cry, and two other $30 games and then return the other two to get 33% off Far Cry?

#47 N4M3LE5S

N4M3LE5S

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:24 AM

Do you think I could use the first one on Far Cry, and two other $30 games and then return the other two to get 33% off Far Cry?

WTF? :applause: really? They are not going to allow that, you'll have to abide by the rules, not break them otherwise you'll be refused. use a bit of common sense here? :roll:

#48 Ahkward

Ahkward

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:44 PM

WTF? :applause: really? They are not going to allow that, you'll have to abide by the rules, not break them otherwise you'll be refused. use a bit of common sense here? :roll:

My bad. I didn't think that was anything out of the ordinary. I read some guys talking about doing that for the Target B2G1 next week so I thought it was a recognized technique.

#49 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

My bad. I didn't think that was anything out of the ordinary. I read some guys talking about doing that for the Target B2G1 next week so I thought it was a recognized technique.

Only at Target, because they split up the return value.

#50 Neorub

Neorub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:11 AM

Allright Farcry 3 will be mine.

#51 nickdoods

nickdoods

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:36 AM

Damn when will Best buy do 100% trade in on systems

#52 SunDevil77

SunDevil77

Host With the Most

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:44 AM

I wonder...would Best Buy price match Target on the $160 Pikachu 3DS XL?

#53 zyk

zyk

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:47 AM

I wonder...would Best Buy price match Target on the $160 Pikachu 3DS XL?

Do they even have it? IIRC it was Target, TRU, Gamestop, and Walmart only

#54 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:28 AM

Dude just dump them on eBay or sell them elsewere, no need to do sketch shit. Honestly, returning the game wouldnt be maximizing the coupon. Just buy 3 Far Cry and sell the other 2, worst case scenario you break even and essentially are doing the return without a sketch technique. 3 Far Crys would be about $70 after tax (overestimating the tax on purpose), which is 23.3 for Far Cry 3....

Hell, Ill take a PS3 copy off your hands for $27 shipped.

#55 saetia

saetia

Skyrim 11/11/11

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:51 AM

Sweet. Far cry to use for the 500rz points bonus with use of my $15 in certs thank you very much

Why didn't you pay for your item in Pooky's lowball?
NieR = my GotY.

#56 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

I can at least get 18 back on Borderlands 2 with the 100% TIV that I just got for 29 and couldn't stand. Might think about FC 3 but if its another game that sucks single player and you have to play co-op or it's a waste like BL 2 ill pass.
[URL="http://exophase.com/gamercards/"]Posted Image[/URL]

#57 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

I can at least get 18 back on Borderlands 2 with the 100% TIV that I just got for 29 and couldn't stand. Might think about FC 3 but if its another game that sucks single player and you have to play co-op or it's a waste like BL 2 ill pass.

Borderlands 2 was great and Far Cry 3 story is good.

#58 ng6584

ng6584

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

For those who use the reward zone facebook app, you get 500 bonus points on any purchase over $10 makes it a little better deal

#59 bluelark

bluelark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

Anyone familiar with the Afterglow controllers? They don't look bad and I'm potentially interested in one for my PS3 since I can't stand the PS3 controllers for shooters... domed sticks and location of them as well as shape of the controller is asstastic... so I've kinda gotta resort to third party if I want something similar to a 360 controller... such a pain in the ass lol.

#60 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:30 AM

I didnt like BL 2. Sucked playing solo. I am not into co op of any sorts.
[URL="http://exophase.com/gamercards/"]Posted Image[/URL]