Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy AD 3/17-3/23 (100% Trade In Credit, Far Cry 3 $29.99...UPDATED)

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#91 ziomatrix

ziomatrix

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

well thats disappointing i hoping to get a boxed copy of far cry 3 PC for cheap guess i'll end up getting it on steam instead

#92 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

Picked up Assassin's Creed 3, Ratchet and Clank collection and Ico & SotC collection with the b2g1 new coupon for doing gamers club unlocked

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#93 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:03 AM

Just picked up 3 copies of Far Cry 3 (2 Xbox, 1 PS3) using my GCU welcome pack B2G1 free coupon. They had no idea how to ring up the coupon so they charged me $30 for one game and $15 each for the other two. Works for me as long as the total is right!
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#94 hamiltito

hamiltito

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

I don't think anyone has pointed this out yet...

The picture in the ad for the Skylanders singles, even though the sale price is for the smaller figures, is Ninjini. I found one in store (College Park, MD) and got them to honor the price no problem after explaining to the manager that the Giants aren't actually bigger versions of identical smaller figures.

#95 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:08 AM

Damn shot down at 2 different stores when trying to pricematch targets B2G1F for Ass Creed 3 Far Cry 3 Dead Or Alive 5 oh well can't win them all

It's really up to the MOD, you can try and talk to them and see if they will allow it but it's really YMMV. I've been able to make it work in the past but I'm sure results will always vary.

#96 Ric Flair

Ric Flair

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:38 AM

I recently signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked and received a buy 2 get 1 free on new games under $39.99. Could that coupon be used on sale items? I'd like to pick up Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed 3.

#97 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:48 AM

I recently signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked and received a buy 2 get 1 free on new games under $39.99. Could that coupon be used on sale items? I'd like to pick up Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed 3.

Yes.

#98 Ric Flair

Ric Flair

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:08 AM

Yes.

Thanks for the quick response. Wasn't sure if the coupon could be used on sale items. Again, I appreciate it.

#99 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:02 AM

I got shot down as well, but I'm pretty sure I've been able to match a B2G1 promo at BBY from another retailer before. I wonder if they changed up their policy. Supposedly they can only match prices but not promos?

it's always been their policy.. they just probably learned to enforce it better

#100 tao838

tao838

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

Would Target PM Far Cry 3 and Assassins Creed 3 while still honoring their B2G1 free promo??

#101 proKoyeon

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

Would Target PM Far Cry 3 and Assassins Creed 3 while still honoring their B2G1 free promo??

I think this is extremely YMMV...I tried at two Targets on Sunday and it wouldn't work.

#102 hamiltito

hamiltito

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

It's possible - I haven't tried this before, but their computers in the past have continued to honor gift card promotions even when a price match is done. (Edit - see above)

#103 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

Just picked up 3 copies of Far Cry 3 (2 Xbox, 1 PS3) using my GCU welcome pack B2G1 free coupon. They had no idea how to ring up the coupon so they charged me $30 for one game and $15 each for the other two. Works for me as long as the total is right!

Did they actually scan the coupon and hit total? Coupon discounts from the welcome packet work just like @Gamer ones. The discount won't show until the very end.

#104 MeteoSparkZero

MeteoSparkZero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

Any chance of a way to price match Pikmin 2?
Posted Image

#105 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

I used my welcome coupon on Assassin's Creed III, Far Cry 3 and Forza 4 and they had no idea how to scan my coupon even though it had a barcode. They had to ask another cashier and call a manager over. Finally I said I wonder if it will work if you press total and guess what, it worked.

#106 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

Any chance of a way to price match Pikmin 2?

I've seen reports of CAGs being able to PM the $4.99 price at Target, so as long as you have proof of BBY's price and Target has at least one copy in stock, you shouldn't have any problems (they should PM BBY.com).

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS3 HD  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Rogue Legacy
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/28]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Extreme] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#107 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

Did they actually scan the coupon and hit total? Coupon discounts from the welcome packet work just like @Gamer ones. The discount won't show until the very end.

I used my welcome coupon on Assassin's Creed III, Far Cry 3 and Forza 4 and they had no idea how to scan my coupon even though it had a barcode. They had to ask another cashier and call a manager over. Finally I said I wonder if it will work if you press total and guess what, it worked.

I know, you wouldn't think it would be that hard to figure out, right? There are even step by step instructions on these coupons.

1. Enter reward zone member number.
2. Scan coupon.
3. Scan products.
4. Press TOTAL.

Ah well, I got the price I wanted and overall my Best Buy is very good to me.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#108 canvasch

canvasch

El Chi Po

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

just went to my local best buy and they got new guys in charge of the gaming section.. they were awesome and were more than happy to pricematch target's b2g1 deal... i picked up two copies of far cry 3 and ac3 as my freebie.... used 20$ in reward certs i got from facebook promo, ended up paying $43 and change after taxes... just gonna ebay ac3 and one of the far cry 3....

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#109 InsaneGame

InsaneGame

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

Hey guys this my first time posting here and I had a question about the Best Buy trade ins. The prices on Best Buys trade site is that with the 100% on trade ins or do they add onto that prices?

#110 zyk

zyk

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

Hey guys this my first time posting here and I had a question about the Best Buy trade ins. The prices on Best Buys trade site is that with the 100% on trade ins or do they add onto that prices?

Without the 100%. The prices on the website are base values.

#111 .Virus

.Virus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

just went to my local best buy and they got new guys in charge of the gaming section.. they were awesome and were more than happy to pricematch target's b2g1 deal... i picked up two copies of far cry 3 and ac3 as my freebie.... used 20$ in reward certs i got from facebook promo, ended up paying $43 and change after taxes... just gonna ebay ac3 and one of the far cry 3....

YMMV its policy you must of been blessed to get new employees. I got turned down at my BB. Picked up Dragons Dogma and Mass Effect Trilogy for $2.07 after Certs and RewardOffer... still used my gift card to pay for that 2 bucks HARHAR!

EDIT: I was able to PM Mass Effect Trilogy for $30 from the Origin store (:

#112 Ric Flair

Ric Flair

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

Having to walk a Best Buy employee through ringing up a sale is frustrating. I understand most of these people are part timers but come on!

#113 guessed

guessed

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:17 AM

Somehow I didn't even know I had those coupons. I tried matching Target's B2G1 at BB, and, after verifying the ad, he was willing, but when he saw the games I wanted (Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed 3) were on sale, he said it would be double-dipping and wouldn't do it. I guess I'll be going back to use the coupon. Hopefully they still have the 1 copy of Far Cry 3 for PS3. Thanks.

P.S. I guess I may use the guide coupon to get the Assassin's Creed III LE guide for $3.50.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#114 daver16

daver16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

How long does it take for you to get the welcome pack coupons or are you supposed to get them when you sign up for the GCU?

#115 guessed

guessed

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

How long does it take for you to get the welcome pack coupons or are you supposed to get them when you sign up for the GCU?

I got an email with the title "Welcome to Reward Zone Gamers Club Unlocked". I'm not sure the exact date I re-upped, but I think the email came within 2 days (I am a member through 11/16/2013, and the email came 11/18/2012). It will be an email regardless of your subscription type, physical or digital.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#116 maskmanx

maskmanx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:28 AM

Rented Far Cry 3 on gamefly and really enjoy it. Really good game. Saw the sale and had to get it. $30 is a good price.

#117 Twitter

Twitter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

When do BestBuy's trade in values usually change, anyone know?

#118 Sanges99

Sanges99

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

When do BestBuy's trade in values usually change, anyone know?

From my understanding, they can change daily and virtually at any time. Someone correct me if I'm totally wrong.

Posted Image

#119 newfire01

newfire01

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

Can the Gears Of War season pass plus the 400 bonus points be purchased in-store?

#120 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

From my understanding, they can change daily and virtually at any time. Someone correct me if I'm totally wrong.

They usually don't change them multiple times in a day (although I wouldn't be surprised if they have done this) but yes, values can drop on any day.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.