Photo
- - - - -

Yellow Pikachu LE 3DS XL $199.99 MSRP (Preorder's up at GS) Target $159.99 on 3/24

• Please log in to reply
1318 replies to this topic

#361 chrislaustin

chrislaustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:53 AM

I don't know, I just feel that if they planned on larger / huge production run, they would do more than announce it one week and release it the next.

I agree, but Nintendo has just been way out in left field lately(at least NOA). They had the Pink XL out during the holidays with no announcements what so ever(limited release). Then once they sold out, who knew if it would ever be released again, and surprise, then came the announcement. Now it's available everywhere.

I personally hope it is limited, as I can make a few quick bucks, and help pay for mine. If not, the Target sale is still killer(and the TRU deal isn't to bad either), so I'm getting one no matter what(if I can of course).

I think between the online sales, and even the few most stores are due to get, everyone who wants one should be able to get one within the first week. After that, who knows what to expect. Nintendo is far from predictable at this point.

#362 abbabaab

abbabaab

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:10 AM

Pokémon is just about the biggest thing Nintendo does here in the states. If they make one run of these, and are hurting in the financial department currently(every week I read how stocks and sales are down), then they deserve to go out of business. The first rule of business is supply and demand. If consumers want this, and you don't at least make enough for those who want them, why the Fuck are you in business? What is the point? I understand the "limited" aspect to retail items, but one delivery for "Pokémon" anything is just dumb.

I remember when the "limited edition" Pokemon DS Lite came out, and despite that there were copies sitting around at nearby stores for months. Thanks to snow & stuff I won't be able to get out to look for it until at least Monday, but based on past experience I'm not too concerned about missing out. Worst comes to worst there's always online.

Thankfully I live near an area with a Target, Walmart, and a TRU all right next to each other, so I should be good. 8-)

I will grab whatever extra units I can in my area, and if Nintendo doesn't want to meet demand, I have no problems selling to the highest bidder. LOL

:bomb:

#363 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:16 AM

The 3DS is at the height of hype I think, it's already established itself as a thing people really want and it's still relatively young.

What may happen is that there are plenty of these but demand far exceeds it, and so they sell out. Another thing that may happen is that they restock it after that happens, having some occassionally.

This is all just speculation but I have a feeling once they're gone, they'll be selling for a little bit over MSRP and no longer be in stores.

That being said I don't have anything really solid to prove one way or the other, and this may be a bit of a gamble.

However I really want this and do not care a single bit if it gets ultra rare at all.

#364 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:31 AM

I don't know, I just feel that if they planned on larger / huge production run, they would do more than announce it one week and release it the next.

this is pokemon and nintendo, they will produce a TON of these, why would they give up free money? and if they sell out, they will do a 2nd production.

has no one learned from past nintendo productions? Like the mario 25th anniversary wii they reprinted and sold tons of them.

#365 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:36 AM

While this is typically true, I think you're wrong here. I've yet to see a Fire Emblem 3DS (system) restock and it has almost been 2 months. This system was also pretty rare in Japan, plus I can't even find it listed on Gamestop or Walmart anymore. The Pikachu 3DS also sold out in 1 day over in Japan, though I have no clue of the EU situation. I could very easily see Nintendo keeping this one low and only doing 1 run.

fire emblem is a niche game, pikachu/pokemon is one of the biggest games that nintendo has they have no reason not to produce tons of these, they would just be giving up free money if they didn't.

I would bet $1,000 this will not be hard to find, and if it does sell out they will produce more. From a business standpoint there is no reason for nintendo not to milk this for all it's worth, they have in the past why stop now?

expect ebay to be flooded with these. It won't be worth anything until it goes out of print, which could be months or more.

#366 Airdar

Airdar

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:34 AM

fire emblem is a niche game, pikachu/pokemon is one of the biggest games that nintendo has they have no reason not to produce tons of these, they would just be giving up free money if they didn't.

I would bet $1,000 this will not be hard to find, and if it does sell out they will produce more. From a business standpoint there is no reason for nintendo not to milk this for all it's worth, they have in the past why stop now?

expect ebay to be flooded with these. It won't be worth anything until it goes out of print, which could be months or more.

I agree with a lot of your points.But from what I heard UK out within a month so by that logic they would have kept restocking.

I would think within a month is a solid guess. On top of that people are saying it is getting stocked as much as Zelda/FE 3DS did. Which might make it sell out a lot faster. I'd say maybe by the 2-3 week it becomes a scavenger hunt.

#367 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:56 PM

Wait. Does the US version NOT come with a charger, as well? I can't tell from the GameStop photo and there's no writing in the spot where it is on the unboxing video(that says adapter not included) I am watching on YouTube.

SOOOOOO excited to get a 3DS XL! I will NOT be crushed by an AC adapter!!!!!!!!!! Serenity nowwwwwww!!!!!!!:whee:

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#368 ProudLoz

ProudLoz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

Wait. Does the US version NOT come with a charger, as well? I can't tell from the GameStop photo and there's no writing in the spot where it is on the unboxing video(that says adapter not included) I am watching on YouTube.

SOOOOOO excited to get a 3DS XL! I will NOT be crushed by an AC adapter!!!!!!!!!! Serenity nowwwwwww!!!!!!!:whee:

If I remember correctly on the GameStop product details it says it comes with an AC adapter. What it doesn't come with is that charging cradle the original 3DS came with.

#369 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

If I remember correctly on the GameStop product details it says it comes with an AC adapter. What it doesn't come with is that charging cradle the original 3DS came with.

OMG!:-#

Forgot I read that part on GameStop's site! Thanks!:D

Too much researching, lack of sleep...

Don't understand how they sent other people these things without a charger.

Spoiler

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#370 chrislaustin

chrislaustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

Ac adapters are standard with all US XL models. Japan and UK come without. That video clip was from a UK unit.

#371 tEhLoNeR

tEhLoNeR

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

JPN and EUR didn't get a charger included to cut costs. Its only in the Americas that get a charger with a 3ds xl

Most of the unboxing videos on youtube of the pikachu version are from those regions that didnt get a charger.

Anyone know what's the earliest I should go to Target Sunday morning? I don't know how many they will have. Should I call first on Saturday?

#372 chrislaustin

chrislaustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

JPN and EUR didn't get a charger included to cut costs. Its only in the Americas that get a charger with a 3ds xl

Most of the unboxing videos on youtube of the pikachu version are from those regions that didnt get a charger.

Anyone know what's the earliest I should go to Target Sunday morning? I don't know how many they will have. Should I call first on Saturday?

You can call on Saturday, or stop by, but information will depend on who you get in that department(and that can be great, or very poor). I'm not going to go early, but I do plan to get there when they open. Which is 8am in my area. I'm guessing they may only have 2-5 units at most, but I'm pretty sure I can get one.

If not, I have 2-3 other Targets within 5-10 minutes of one another, so I'll just drive to the next store and try my luck. I'm also going to get up early, and check here and gamefaqs for east coast qty and crowds. I'm on the west coast, so it's always good to see what is happening elsewhere before I begin my journey.

#373 goeagles5039

goeagles5039

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

Is it possible to get the physical target ad before sunday?

#374 Kirnzee

Kirnzee

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

My local Wal-Mart and Target have know idea what I'm talking about when I ask about the "yellow pikachu 3DS XL" :( they always think I just want a Pikachu 3DS game.

#375 Nesboy43

Nesboy43

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

Posted Image

walmart in Lansing IL would not sell, even though there is no street date in their system, the sell was blocked. Almost had an override, but then the cashier decided to "google" it and saw the march 24th date. Someone May be able to get it early VERY YMMV

I'm tempted to check mine but I know that Walmart does not price match after a purchase so if someone did want to get this and then price match later it would not work.

#376 tEhLoNeR

tEhLoNeR

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

You can call on Saturday, or stop by, but information will depend on who you get in that department(and that can be great, or very poor). I'm not going to go early, but I do plan to get there when they open. Which is 8am in my area. I'm guessing they may only have 2-5 units at most, but I'm pretty sure I can get one.

If not, I have 2-3 other Targets within 5-10 minutes of one another, so I'll just drive to the next store and try my luck. I'm also going to get up early, and check here and gamefaqs for east coast qty and crowds. I'm on the west coast, so it's always good to see what is happening elsewhere before I begin my journey.

I would do the same thing, but theres only one Target in my area. So if I want one for sure, then I shouldnt take any chances.
Yeah, I guess I should stop by tomorrow

My local Wal-Mart and Target have know idea what I'm talking about when I ask about the "yellow pikachu 3DS XL" :( they always think I just want a Pikachu 3DS game.

Give them the sku maybe? For target at least, I think its 207-01-0203 (That's what it said online). Try that next time

#377 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

I'm tempted to check mine but I know that Walmart does not price match after a purchase so if someone did want to get this and then price match later it would not work.

If someone can get them to sell one, you could always return/rebuy.

#378 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

I know people who work at 2 of my local GS locations (one of which is the 2nd highest volume store in the city) and they got only 2 each of the Pikachu systems as they had no preorders on them. Looks like this is as limited if not more than the Fire Emblem systems. Good luck to those wanting to get them.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#379 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

I know people who work at 2 of my local GS locations (one of which is the 2nd highest volume store in the city) and they got only 2 each of the Pikachu systems as they had no preorders on them. Looks like this is as limited if not more than the Fire Emblem systems. Good luck to those wanting to get them.

At Gamestop maybe, but it's at Walmart, Target and Toys R Us as well which are retailers that did not carry the FE system at all.

#380 coolrust

coolrust

Kupalizm Mode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

i saw some at target too! but i have gamestop credit, and im hoping that they'll have a trade in promo for trading an old 3ds.

#381 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

First off, the FE was a regular 3DS right? Who evens wants one of those with the XL available?

Generalizing much?

oIi9lub.png

#382 Nesboy43

Nesboy43

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

If someone can get them to sell one, you could always return/rebuy.

So they would be OK with me returning the 3DS to purchase it again at the discounted price? Is this a standard practice or would I have to do some convincing?

#383 rockstarnati

rockstarnati

PlayStation 4 Day One Owners Club

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

I guess I'm going to have to buy this at TRU if they have an in store pickup option Sunday, since I'm stuck paying PayPal.

PSN: rockstarnati | XBL: rockstarnati

Check out this thread to get an Xbox One or $480 cash/gift card for FREE! This is 100% legit!

The more CAGs who do it, the more CAGs who get free Xbox Ones, cash or gift cards!!!

Here. Have another! FREE Wii U or $350 cash!

But wait, there's moreFREE PS Vita or $300 cash!

And more still! FREE iPad Mini or $430 cash!

#384 tEhLoNeR

tEhLoNeR

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

I guess I'm going to have to buy this at TRU if they have an in store pickup option Sunday, since I'm stuck paying PayPal.

Last I checked, it was shipped only, otherwise I would have done it as well

#385 leungw

leungw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

Hmmm, already showing up on eBay. I guess some stores started selling them early?

#386 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

Ac adapters are standard with all US XL models. Japan and UK come without. That video clip was from a UK unit.

I know it's a vid from outside the US. Didn't know theirs came without adapters. Wow! I'd be too hyper to go adapter hunting.:-#

#387 rockstarnati

rockstarnati

PlayStation 4 Day One Owners Club

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

Last I checked, it was shipped only, otherwise I would have done it as well

I assume a store pickup option will pop up Sunday. Hopefully.

PSN: rockstarnati | XBL: rockstarnati

Check out this thread to get an Xbox One or $480 cash/gift card for FREE! This is 100% legit!

The more CAGs who do it, the more CAGs who get free Xbox Ones, cash or gift cards!!!

Here. Have another! FREE Wii U or $350 cash!

But wait, there's moreFREE PS Vita or $300 cash!

And more still! FREE iPad Mini or $430 cash!

#388 leungw

leungw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

EDIT: Never mind. As others have pointed out, looks like seller posted pictures of the box from another region.

Looking at pictures on eBay, it does not come with an AC adapter.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171011442085

Edited by leungw, 22 March 2013 - 05:19 PM.

#389 Bumslie

Bumslie

Positive Mental Attitude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

That's the EU version. Only US XL comes with an A/C adapter.

BumslieOG.png

#390 wbc1228

wbc1228

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

look at the pictures again.
first picture, under the "this set includes" section, it reads "European Version"
so the seller is either lying (selling EU version as US) or stole the photos from a random site.