Photo
- - - - -

Yellow Pikachu LE 3DS XL $199.99 MSRP (Preorder's up at GS) Target $159.99 on 3/24

• Please log in to reply
1318 replies to this topic

#421 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

I think some places will sell out asap, while others will be good all day, YMMV for sure. The Target deal is Awesome, but some consumers are ordering online, some are going to GS, TRU and others are shopping Walmart. I'm just not seeing a mad rush nationwide for this. Several people won't even bother with the Pikachu at Target, and will be getting other colors which I'm sure they will have several. I'm still planning to get to my Target at 8am, and I'm hoping they even have these out in the display case by that time. I'll also do my early morning recon on here and Gamefaqs, and see how things have been going for east coast CAG's, and see if I need to adjust my game plan in anyway.

Agree with this 100%.

#422 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

When it first saw the Pikachu XL I thought nobody would want it. I personally think the cameras make Pikachu look a little wonky. I just bought my XL with Mario Kart last time Best buy had a sale and I don't really "need" one. Now I'm thinking of making a trip to Target to get one for my brother but I can't help but wonder what other special edition XL will come out with. (Please be a Smash Bros!)
Posted Image

#423 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

Saw three in the case at Walmart today.

Plus with PS3 remote play you can basically PLay your PS3 games on your PSP Go anywhere you are basically making it a Portable PS3

But Metroid sucks. I consider it Gunpei Yokoi's worst creation, even beating the Virtual Boy.

RE: XBox ONE

at least they change their name and not name their systems 1,2,3,4

#424 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

FYI - local gamestops have received an average of three (this includes two preorders and one extra) and local TRU received four.

Two of the GS near me with no preorders got only 2 units each.

#425 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:55 PM

Is Walmart getting this the same week? I just checked the store inventory and they say its available to ship starting March 29th - April 1st.

I really hope the store itself has some tomorrow so I can price match if Target doesn't have any.

#426 HenDoggy

HenDoggy

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

can i just preorder this at target.com and then call them for a pricematch?

#427 Sivarticus

Sivarticus

Kentucky Fried Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

I would assume Walmart will have them also but it's always YMMV. I only assume because some CAGs have reported seeing them in the case already.

I'm really hoping to find a physical ad to price match at Walmart tonight. My wife works at one and she said her stores policy is you need a physical ad.

However if you look up the price match policy on their website it does say you do not need it. I have a picture of the ad on my phone, and I will be printing one also, along with a copy of the policy. I hope it goes smooth.

I will report later of my success or failure after midnight. Good luck guys!

#428 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

I would assume Walmart will have them also but it's always YMMV. I only assume because some CAGs have reported seeing them in the case already.

I'm really hoping to find a physical ad to price match at Walmart tonight. My wife works at one and she said her stores policy is you need a physical ad.

However if you look up the price match policy on their website it does say you do not need it. I have a picture of the ad on my phone, and I will be printing one also, along with a copy of the policy. I hope it goes smooth.

Good luck, I would go at midnight, but the only 24 hour store is pretty far.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#429 Tyeforce

Tyeforce

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

This is my plan as well. I called a Walmart near me, and I got the same answer about price match. Is it even possible to get Target's Sunday ad before they open on Sunday? Hopefully this will work out, otherwise I'll be waiting outside Target before they open in the morning.

#430 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:10 AM

Scouted my local Target. Only 8 or so blue Xls on the shelf. No pikachu ones. Clerk said people we asking him about those all day. Good thing I'm not interested it the ugly thing. Depending on how bad the snow is in the morning I may be making a trip when they open to get a blue one.

#431 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:25 AM

Tried to see if I could get them to sell me the one they had at Wal-mart, but of course the machine didn't let them. To be honest I didn't think it'd work, but I heard people already got them and I wanted to try.

I'm gonna drop by at 11:30 until 12 to see how this goes, I gotta have it.

Gonna print out the screen of that target ad, and that guy who said he's gonna print their ad match guarantee has the right idea, so I'm gonna go ahead and do that as well, since I just know they're gonna present a problem.

#432 Chedeng88

Chedeng88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:35 AM

Here's the tally of Pikachu units at my local area:

Walmart - 0
Target - 3
GS - 2
TRU - 4

Is it really this limited or will there be more units trickling down in the next few days/weeks?

#433 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:37 AM

the pikachu 3ds xl will def be rare, especially with the SD effect. Most ppl who have been members here long enough knows how SDers can affect deals. They have a whole thread about getting it, and profiting off of it.

#434 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:51 AM

Anybody wanna call me when this price updates?
http://www.target.co...1_1&term=3ds xl

Spoiler
-588-
Spoiler

Welp. No sleep for the next 12 hours or until I get my Pika 3DS. Whichever comes first.

I will find 1 of those SquareTrade warranty codes for 40% off.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#435 hotpocket

hotpocket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:57 AM

Is the ad out for this yet (@ Target)?

#436 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:21 AM

Saw this pikachu 3ds at PAX yesterday... not impressed. The girl who owned it and gave me my (empty) swag bag was hot as hell though. The Nintendo booth is selling them today and tomorrow if anyone is going.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Link's Awakening, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#437 JediDeath

JediDeath

Casual Fribsday 2024

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:35 AM

Scouted my local Target. Only 8 or so blue Xls on the shelf. No pikachu ones. Clerk said people we asking him about those all day. Good thing I'm not interested it the ugly thing. Depending on how bad the snow is in the morning I may be making a trip when they open to get a blue one.

You should have picked one up and then done a price adjustment afterwards. I had three people do just that today. At the very least, you should be able to get a raincheck if they run out.

the pikachu 3ds xl will def be rare, especially with the SD effect. Most ppl who have been members here long enough knows how SDers can affect deals. They have a whole thread about getting it, and profiting off of it.

LOL! Yep.

"In for 12!"

#438 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:56 AM

lol if you think it will be rare you're being played by nintendo. It will be rare the first day sure, but these things will trickle in stock for months, we'll be getting those posts every week about target just getting their new shipment in, even though it will be MSRP it will still be a deal

they will keep doing this until everyone gets one.. or 5

#439 thetruth1983

thetruth1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:56 AM

Yes it's going to be bad for the next couple of weeks and I wouldn't be surprised if the resale value goes up to $300. Even people over on SD are reporting that their stores are only getting 2 or 3....

#440 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:04 AM

lol if you think it will be rare you're being played by nintendo. It will be rare the first day sure, but these things will trickle in stock for months, we'll be getting those posts every week about target just getting their new shipment in, even though it will be MSRP it will still be a deal

i hope you are right, so ppl who actually wants it can get one.

#441 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:11 AM

Can we all stop the rarity talk, please? I miss the days when CAG was more about deals and less about how much value a product will have down the road. I mean the Pikachu 3DS XL will be rare, but it might only be rare in the sense it has a unique design. I think we all know the US doesn't get many of them and scoring it for $160 is a good enough deal. Also I would like to point out that we've seen plenty "this will be rare" CE's / items prove to be more common (biggest offender being Bioshock 2, which had people convinced it would follow suit with the first CE and Duke Nukem Forever since it was numbered. Honorable mention to Catherine too, as I recall tons of people claiming a preorder only Atlus CE is money in the bank.) and I've seen just as many people say "ill buy it when it's $10 dollars", yet the item became rare. It will be whatever it will be. I just want the system and don't want to play the waiting game to find out if I got screwed or lucky.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#442 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:17 AM

I just want the system for my girlfriend because she wants it badly.

even going to target at 6am to camp out, lol.

Selling Call of Duty: Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#443 JediDeath

JediDeath

Casual Fribsday 2024

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:28 AM

I just want the system for my girlfriend because she wants it badly.

even going to target at 6am to camp out, lol.

I probably should have brought this up sooner. There's a chance it won't be on the shelf because there was no internal communication about it and there's no spot for it on the shelf (yet). There's also a chance that the person who's opening Electronic won't know what you're talking about (or can't find it on the PDA). If that happens the DPCI is: 207-01-0203

I don't know if it was posted yet, but hope it helps.

Oh yeah! When I get a chance tomorrow I'll check into the possibility of rainchecks and further replenishment

#444 AngryNerdJosh

AngryNerdJosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:28 AM

has anyone verified if walmart currently has this? they've been clueless in my area.

#445 Sivarticus

Sivarticus

Kentucky Fried Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:33 AM

Assuming my Walmart has this, things just got a ton easier for me. Got my hands on the ad. Was in my Saturday/early Sunday paper at the gas station. Best of luck to you all. I'll post if I got it.

#446 SMBScooby

SMBScooby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:34 AM

You can't pre order it from the Target site anymore.

#447 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:36 AM

Has anyone picked one up from Walmart yet? I should probably go and try to get one but don't want to waste a trip only for them to not even have it or have no clue what I'm talking about.

#448 nsanchez1

nsanchez1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:45 AM

http://twitter.com/N...1513345/photo/1

#449 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:48 AM

http://twitter.com/N...1513345/photo/1