Photo
- - - - -

Yellow Pikachu LE 3DS XL $199.99 MSRP (Preorder's up at GS) Target $159.99 on 3/24

• Please log in to reply
1318 replies to this topic

#31 YellowGameboyColor

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:12 AM

check out heroes of ruin 3ds xl. now that looks bad ***
http://www.destructo...in-206336.phtml

Oh my god.

#32 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:17 AM

I guess people have known this was coming for a while since your listings haven't sold in a while.

I bet there are a lot of people who are going to be kicking themselves in the ass once this officially comes out. I remember there was a CAG here trying to sell for damn near $500.

I read from a reputable source on GameFAQs that they are only manufacturing 5000. O_O

I doubt they're going produce such a low number... given how pretty much every new color/iteration of Nintendo portables provides an instant boost to sales and this being a Pikachu one, I'm guessing it'll have a pretty high production run. No question that it'll sell out though.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#33 YellowGameboyColor

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:18 AM

I guess people have known this was coming for a while since your listings haven't sold in a while.

I bet there are a lot of people who are going to be kicking themselves in the ass once this officially comes out. I remember there was a CAG here trying to sell for damn near $500.

I read from a reputable source on GameFAQs that they are only manufacturing 5000. O_O

Oh my god please don't tell me that 5000 is true. PLEASE PLEASE. Must sell my Earthbound now just to buy this once Target opens.

#34 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:33 AM

I guess this qualifies when you register your XL for a free game? :)
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#35 Pinecallado

Pinecallado

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:35 AM

A Walmart near me still has 3ds xl Mario kart bundles for $199.99. Once the target sale for $159.99 xls is active do you think ill be able to price match at Walmart? $159.99 for the Mario kart bundle would be amazing!

I'm curious too. Can someone answer this question?

#36 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:43 AM

I doubt they're going produce such a low number... given how pretty much every new color/iteration of Nintendo portables provides an instant boost to sales and this being a Pikachu one, I'm guessing it'll have a pretty high production run. No question that it'll sell out though.

I doubt they will sell out, it is very ugly, i'm not being a troller or whatever, it is true. I can imagine a lot more designs that would look much better ): and why is pikachu's face so rounded? what happened too him? :(

#37 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:43 AM

I guess this qualifies when you register your XL for a free game? :)

I don't see why not.

#38 Deathmore10

Deathmore10

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:50 AM

I doubt they will sell out, it is very ugly, i'm not being a troller or whatever, it is true. I can imagine a lot more designs that would look much better ): and why is pikachu's face so rounded? what happened too him? :(

I definitely understand that you're not a troller, nor that you're trying to troll. However, you severely underestimate the sheer amount of Pokemon fans that would be interested in this if you believe that it wont sell out. I can say with the utmost confidence that it would most definitely will sell out.

#39 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:51 AM

I definitely understand that you're not a troller, nor that you're trying to troll. However, you severely underestimate the sheer amount of Pokemon fans that would be interested in this if you believe that it wont sell out. I can say with the utmost confidence that it would most definitely will sell out.

But I love Pokemon... and I am not interested in that ugly design... but okay I understood what you meant, sorry for my post if it was "mean." :/

#40 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:53 AM

Anyone have a clue what this is limited to?

Virgins.

#41 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:54 AM

Will be trying to grab one of these. Glad it made its way across the water, especially for a Pikachu.

#42 Deathmore10

Deathmore10

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:59 AM

But I love Pokemon... and I am not interested in that ugly design... but okay I understood what you meant, sorry for my post if it was "mean." :/

No, it wasn't mean. I'm just simply stating that it will sell out. Every LE 3ds that had been made has sold out, there hasn't been a case yet where they haven't. How long it takes is a different story entirely though. It could take one day or three weeks, no one knows.

Of course many Pokemon fans wont like the design, but that doesn't mean that all Pokemon fans wont like the design.

#43 rbanez

rbanez

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:05 AM

I think they printed the pikachu on it upside down. Good thing the other colors are on sale too, tempted to get a blue one.

#44 Inf^Shini

Inf^Shini

is Han Cholo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:07 AM

virgins.

\\:D/

Posted Image

The face of a pleased man =D

#45 caca13

caca13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:09 AM

Would this LE Pikachu 3DS XL be a great collected item? I am thinking of buying one to keep and buy a black/blue 3DS XL to play every day.

#46 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:10 AM

Resellers, alone, are gonna wipe this thing out! It's an investment for the future.

Hmmm... This one or the pink one...:-k

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#47 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:14 AM

How many of these are you guys buying? :)
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#48 h8b1llg8ts

h8b1llg8ts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:14 AM

So in other words this will be right next to the Zelda 3DS plus the red and blue Wii?

#49 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:17 AM

Reggie said they would only do blue and red in the US. Then the pink showed up. Now this. WHERES MY SOLID BLACK XL?!?!

cagSig.png515886.png

#50 captainenforcer

captainenforcer

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:18 AM

I have some Gamestop credit to burn, might as well, these Nintendo themed consoles always sell out quick.

#51 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:19 AM

I wish the design was more similar to the Pikachu SP which I thought was way more :3

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#52 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:29 AM

Why couldn't they bring the Charizard edition to the US ... at least then I could be seen out in public with it as a grown man ...

If you aren't man enough to play with Pikachu in public then you aren't a man at all.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#53 ProudLoz

ProudLoz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:32 AM

How many of these are you guys buying? :)

Already pre-ordered two. One for me and another for a good friend of mine. :D

#54 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:44 AM

Already pre-ordered two. One for me and another for a good friend of mine. :D

you are a good friend.

#55 NEP

NEP

Oogaboogabooga

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:49 AM

Reputable and GameFAQS don't go together. That guy is just wrong.

#56 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:53 AM

if you aren't man enough to play with pikachu in public then you aren't a man at all.

+1

#57 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:06 AM

I actually ended up selling that one off ebay to avoid fees. =P

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#58 illucio

illucio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:06 AM

If you aren't man enough to play with Pikachu in public then you aren't a man at all.

Mister, are a gentleman and a sir. I find your aura of manliness quite impressive.

#59 bkforyou

bkforyou

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:12 AM

is best buy stocking this at all? I have some best buy gc I can use if I can PM.

#60 yokofox33

yokofox33

House Stark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:16 AM

I might put in a pre-order at GS just to be safe, but I'm really banking on the Target sale. I think I should be good as long as I'm there when the Target opens.