Photo
- - - - -

Yellow Pikachu LE 3DS XL $199.99 MSRP (Preorder's up at GS) Target $159.99 on 3/24

• Please log in to reply
1318 replies to this topic

#721 panzerjedi

panzerjedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

I got the delay email from target, and I'm willing to wait. I just called to pricematch the sale this week, how long will it take the site to change to the new price on my order?

Wait what delay email? I pre-ordered on March 20 and I have no email ...

Depends on when he ordered. His calling in to get a price adjustment might have also played a part in getting a delay email. I purchased one on the 21st - still waiting to see if it'll be shipped.

#722 hotpocket

hotpocket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

Local Target only received four and supposedly there was a long line before they even opened.

Ended up picking up a regular 3DS XL on sale and ponying up the $199 for the Pikachu Edition at Gamestop, in case it becomes a collector's item. I dislike colors so much (I just want a black XL) that I think I'd rather own the Pikachu Edition than the blue one now. The blue/red somehow seem more childish than the Pikachu Edition. At least there's a character on it, and I'd just look like a geek instead of a little kid with a blue 3DS. Plus, whether someone is into Pokemon or not, everybody loves Pikachu. Girls will definitely flock.

Only reason I got a 3DS XL was because of the sale though, so I don't think I can justify keeping it for $200.

Yeah, I loathe the look of the red/black blue/black systems (blue and black?? these two colors don't even go together).

I picked up a Pikachu one, and I plan on buying a skin to throw over it. Then if I ever resell it I might make some money/get my money back on it. I wish we had an all white one though, I would have picked it up instead (Fuck you Reggie).

#723 Egos

Egos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:00 AM

indeed wtf is with them not giving a white one or a black one?

Oh americans don't like ipods

Oh americans don't like black electronics :(

#724 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:01 AM

Girls will flock to a yellow Pikachu 3ds? If you believe that any girl will flock to a guy playing a handheld system in public you are dillusional.

Sounds like you're insecure.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#725 NeedMoreMoney

NeedMoreMoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:03 AM

Haha, didn't say not to play it, just don't expect puss to be lining up for your number. Thought the dude was serious. Funny though.

#726 hotpocket

hotpocket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

indeed wtf is with them not giving a white one or a black one?

Oh americans don't like ipods

Oh americans don't like black electronics :(

lol yeah I think all black/white models should be staple colors for any of their handhelds.

I really loved the way my old DS Lite looked. All white just seems right to me. Sucks when they market their system for kids and ignore everyone else.

#727 DarkClown12

DarkClown12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

I got a pikachu 3ds today took 3 diff Walmart but found one & Luigi mansion!

#728 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:48 AM

TRU Pricematching is impossible. " We don't accepted target Print out AD or use your phone to pull up the ad or It's today AD. Oh, We can't look it instore up on the computer" we don't price matching online. You mean i have to spend $2.00 plus taxes buy today newspaper. Yes we want actual ad. Only 1 Pikachu 3DS XL left too risky to take off buy the ad & come back is GONE. End up buying it.
"Evil is Funs"

#729 h8b1llg8ts

h8b1llg8ts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

Mentioned before that I got one but have a cool CAG story:

The nearest stores are about 75 miles away and we got a late start, of course (married w/ children). By the time we got in it was already 10:30 and I knew Target and Wal-Mart were a long shot so Toys R Us was my plan. But as I passed Wal-Mart I had a feeling to stop and I was right.

I looked around to no avail but saw a kid asking an associate about something who went in back. I asked him what they were grabbing and he said Luigi's Mansion. When he came back I asked him if he had one and he said he had one left. The guy informed me someone came on at 8am and grab the first one and had the Target ad. The associate is a fellow CAG and kept it and he asked me where I had heard about the sale and bam, $159.99 price adjustment.

Ended up going to Target and TRU just to check afterwards and all informed me they were long sold out.

The Pokemon Force was strong today, I do declare ...

#730 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

TRU Pricematching is impossible. " We don't accepted target Print out AD or use your phone to pull up the ad or It's today AD. Oh, We can't look it instore up on the computer" we don't price matching online. You mean i have to spend $2.00 plus taxes buy today newspaper. Yes we want actual ad. Only 1 Pikachu 3DS XL left too risky to take off buy the ad & come back is GONE. End up buying it.

They need to staple the "Sunday paper" ad to the receipt I believe. I PMed it and she cut the page out to keep for proof. I just stopped by Target before I wen in and got one at the Customer Service dek for the ad

#731 bkforyou

bkforyou

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:36 AM

I witnessed something very sad today and thought I'd share here.

I had already picked up my Pikachu 3DS XL, but I had to stop by Best Buy this morning to pick up something else. I happened to come right when they're about to open at around 10:55am. To my surprise, a group of people - 10 or so - were in front waiting. I wondered, "What could they possibly be waiting for?"

When the doors opened, almost half of them went towards the gaming section and started poking around everywhere with urgency. Soon after they realized they couldn't find what they wanted on the floor, they formed a line. When the first employee approached the register and asked "How can I help you?", a kid in high school (my best guess) asked for what I was afraid he was looking for. He asked for the 3DS XL Pikachu edition. When the Best Buy employee informed him that they only have blue or red 3DS XL and do not have the Pikachu edition, the disappointment in the kid's face nearly killed me.

Do you want to know what the worst part is? He was wearing a Pokemon shirt with Ash, Pikachu, and Bulbasaur under his hoodie. I ran the scenario in my head. The kid probably was stoked a special Pikachu edition was being released in the states. He woke up on a Sunday morning earlier than usual, put on his favorite Pokemon shirt, and got to Best Buy only to find out they're not a participating retailer. :cry:

-----

On a side note, the others were all adults who were in their 20s and up. Internet, you are right today. It's not the little kids who pick up Pokemon games and toys, it's us who are all grown up.

Sorry for the downer. Hope I read more successful stories on this thread and good luck to anyone else still looking. :D

#732 style_unseen

style_unseen

Crooked Smile

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:38 AM

Hey, was that the one on N 5th street? I called earlier, and the guy said they had 4, but there where some people waiting, so I said Fuck it. Then I called back 15 minutes later, and a different guy gave me that BS "we can't give qty over the phone". So I figured by the time I could drive there, it would be gone, plus I didn't want to go and get the "we can't price match" crap.

I had already gotten one at Target, but I wanted to take advantage of the price match and GC, so I could get Luigi today, instead of waiting for my preorder to arrive. I figured it was to much effort, plus I figured someone who had missed out would get, so all is good.

I couldn't get the price match and gc, woulda made the deal sweeter.
But it was the TRU near Meadow's Mall. That TRU on N 5th street is pretty far! :shock:

What's funny is I always thought there was only 1 toysrus in Vegas.

#733 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:41 AM

I had already picked up my Pikachu 3DS XL, but I had to stop by Best Buy this morning to pick up something else. I happened to come right when they're about to open at around 10:55am. To my surprise, a group of people - 10 or so - were in front waiting. I wondered, "What could they possibly be waiting for?"

When the doors opened, almost half of them went towards the gaming section and started poking around everywhere with urgency. Soon after they realized they couldn't find what they wanted on the floor, they formed a line. When the first employee approached the register and asked "How can I help you?", a kid in high school (my best guess) asked for what I was afraid he was looking for. He asked for the 3DS XL Pikachu edition. When the Best Buy employee informed him that they only have blue or red 3DS XL and do not have the Pikachu edition, the disappointment in the kid's face nearly killed me.

Do you want to know what the worst part is? He was wearing a Pokemon shirt with Ash, Pikachu, and Bulbasaur under his hoodie. I ran the scenario in my head. The kid probably was stoked a special Pikachu edition was being released in the states. He woke up on a Sunday morning earlier than usual, put on his favorite Pokemon shirt, and got to Best Buy only to find out they're not a participating retailer. :cry:

-----

On a side note, the others were all adults who were in their 20s and up. Internet, you are right today. It's not the little kids who pick up Pokemon games and toys, it's us who are all grown up.

Sorry for the downer. Hope I read more successful stories on this thread and good luck to anyone else still looking. :D

The story actually made me laugh (I assume it shouldn't have?). I mean, I just find it comical that said kid is such a fan, yet it never crossed his mind to go to a place that would "100%" have it, like Gamestop.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#734 bkforyou

bkforyou

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:47 AM

The story actually made me laugh (I assume it shouldn't have?). I mean, I just find it comical that said kid is such a fan, yet it never crossed his mind to go to a place that would "100%" have it, like Gamestop.

Haha yea. the kid should have done his research, but that shirt... that shirt got me.

#735 kipz

kipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:04 AM

I got one on hold at Wal-Mart, hoping they'll price match when I get there. I may take it either way and see if I can get it cheaper before I open it.

Only problem I had was that the guy that was there when I arrived didn't know where the guy I called hid it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#736 chrislaustin

chrislaustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:22 AM

I couldn't get the price match and gc, woulda made the deal sweeter.
But it was the TRU near Meadow's Mall. That TRU on N 5th street is pretty far! :shock:

What's funny is I always thought there was only 1 toysrus in Vegas.

WOW, I actually called the Meadows store after dealing with the N 5th location(I'm an equal distance from both actually), and they put me on hold indefinately, so I said Fuck em, and decided to stay home. The meadows store was where I actually got my Wii on release day so many years ago.

That store is probably the oldest and most run down in town, but for that reason, I think it's the last one anyone ever goes to. Plus the staff there is also the worst, so I'm sure that's another reason most customers steer clear.

#737 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:33 AM

I went to Target this morning, got there about 10 minutes after it opened and I had to ask someone to get one from the back since they didn't put them out yet. I was debating buying another one but I didn't. I hope people who wanted them to keep got theirs because this thing is selling out everywhere.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#738 abbabaab

abbabaab

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:33 AM

Wow...so many stores sold out...

I can't wait for the story of the guy who slept in and walks into his target at noon to pick one up.

I walked into mine at 10. Does that count?

To be fair, it was the last one, but still. Price matched Pikmin 2 for $5 while I was there, too. :D

Went over to TRU & Walmart for fun, didn't see any at all there. Either they never had any or they all sold out.

As a side note, I noticed them advertising a free copy of Nintendo Land with the purchase of a Wii U Basic. YMMV?

#739 20Grand

20Grand

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:36 AM

Thank you everyone that bought this special edition 3dsXL :applause:. Maybe Nintendo will see the $ signs and start releasing more colors and LE. I am still holding out for another LE release
Posted Image

#740 SuperSonic128

SuperSonic128

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:48 AM

I managed to get mine at 4 PM because Walmart didn't put the console out and it took them 20 minutes of searching in the back to find the only 2 units they had. According to the manager I was talking to, their system says they will never get anymore shipments of the system, and I was lucky to get one. I bought one of them. (The cashier actually assumed I wanted both of them, and his face lit up when I said I only wanted one.)

Edit: I also had no issue price matching Target even though they were sold out.

#741 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:48 AM

Yeah, hopefully this selling out so fast will get the Charizard one released here, THATS the one that will make me camp out at a store.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#742 ninjaculate

ninjaculate

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:57 AM

God I'm gonna feel so horrible if Target cancels my order because I wanted to get this for my fiancee ...

#743 Bioterror

Bioterror

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:04 AM

God I'm gonna feel so horrible if Target cancels my order because I wanted to get this for my fiancee ...

did you call to get a price match?

#744 thetruth1983

thetruth1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:09 AM

-----

I don't know why but a tear rolled down my cheek when I read that story.

#745 thetruth1983

thetruth1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:13 AM

Has anyone here have their Target preorder ship? I ordered on the 20th and the status is still "not yet shipped".

#746 gatordeve86

gatordeve86

CAG Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:15 AM

was hoping to find one in store for my son but no luck =( o well

Gator%20Deve%2086.jpg

Currently Playing:

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8

#747 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:21 AM

Guess I won't be getting this. Sold out at all the Targets near me and I won't have time to hunt around for somewhere else to price match. Oh well, guess I'm waiting for the Charizard 3DS XL

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
ifqh2N3.pngyErIY3s.png2q1uoso.jpg

#748 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:24 AM

I noticed in the target ad that it does not say "no rainchecks" next to the pikachu 3ds.
Has anyone asked for a raincheck? Seems like a good way to ensure you get one .

Not surprising they would sell out if each store got 3-6 of them at most. Especially with the sale price.

#749 shadowneko003

shadowneko003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:28 AM

i lucked out and my sis found one for me =]

#750 RedK

RedK

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:29 AM

true but we are never gonna go those again. Thats y they are called limited editon. With nintendo once we get them and sell out thats it. After that if u want it u will have to go online. We only got 4 of them as well.