Photo
- - - - -

Yellow Pikachu LE 3DS XL $199.99 MSRP (Preorder's up at GS) Target $159.99 on 3/24

• Please log in to reply
1318 replies to this topic

#751 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:29 AM

I noticed in the target ad that it does not say "no rainchecks" next to the pikachu 3ds.
Has anyone asked for a raincheck? Seems like a good way to ensure you get one .

Not surprising they would sell out if each store got 3-6 of them at most. Especially with the sale price.

Yeah for people like me who might jump on the 3DS XL even just at the 159.99 price, getting the Pikachu theme is just a nice little bonus. I really like the finish on the XLs over the regulars.

I probably will be picking up a pink XL for my little sister.

#752 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:29 AM

I noticed in the target ad that it does not say "no rainchecks" next to the pikachu 3ds.
Has anyone asked for a raincheck? Seems like a good way to ensure you get one.

Yes, and I *did* get a raincheck. Price is good until May 9th.
Posted Image

#753 Dental

Dental

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:32 AM

Brought one from Nintendo World. Really hoping for the Charizard version though, my most favorite pokemon when I used to play Pokemon Red back in the days.

#754 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:39 AM

Yes, and I *did* get a raincheck. Price is good until May 9th.

I got one. The guy in electronics printed one from the register for me.

#755 Trogdor469

Trogdor469

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:49 AM

Walmart still has these online.....now if you bought one could you have it sent to the store and get them to price match target? Kind of a long shot.

#756 CodeTrader

CodeTrader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:50 AM

They still have it at Walmart.com if want one.

http://www.walmart.c...ndheld/23052627

Might be able to do a price match with an in store pick-up. YMMV.

#757 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:53 AM

They still have it at Walmart.com if want one.

http://www.walmart.c...ndheld/23052627

Might be able to do a price match with an in store pick-up. YMMV.

I tried doing that on M&L Bowzer's story last year and they couldn't do a price match or a return/rebuy as a couple weeks later, it dropped $2. So I just ended up returning it.

#758 ninjaculate

ninjaculate

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:55 AM

did you call to get a price match?

No net yet - why bother to mess with the order at all until it ships? Price matching will work until the Sunday after next.

#759 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:02 AM

Walmart still has these online.....now if you bought one could you have it sent to the store and get them to price match target? Kind of a long shot.

I ordered and will try to get them to do a price match over the phone on the online order tomorrow. Worse comes to worst I will return it in a store but for now this is a way for me to get the actual system and I have a GC to burn.

Anyone know how Walmart Packs it's items?

#760 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:05 AM

Has anyone here have their Target preorder ship? I ordered on the 20th and the status is still "not yet shipped".

Nope, I ordered on Weds also. Keeping my fingers crossed.

#761 JediDeath

JediDeath

Casual Fribsday 2024

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:19 AM

I thought the pink ones were holiday limited editions. Are they still for sale?

Pink and white? Yes, they're still for sale (and quite plentiful too).

#762 Nesboy43

Nesboy43

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:41 AM

I witnessed something very sad today and thought I'd share here.

I had already picked up my Pikachu 3DS XL, but I had to stop by Best Buy this morning to pick up something else. I happened to come right when they're about to open at around 10:55am. To my surprise, a group of people - 10 or so - were in front waiting. I wondered, "What could they possibly be waiting for?"

When the doors opened, almost half of them went towards the gaming section and started poking around everywhere with urgency. Soon after they realized they couldn't find what they wanted on the floor, they formed a line. When the first employee approached the register and asked "How can I help you?", a kid in high school (my best guess) asked for what I was afraid he was looking for. He asked for the 3DS XL Pikachu edition. When the Best Buy employee informed him that they only have blue or red 3DS XL and do not have the Pikachu edition, the disappointment in the kid's face nearly killed me.

Do you want to know what the worst part is? He was wearing a Pokemon shirt with Ash, Pikachu, and Bulbasaur under his hoodie. I ran the scenario in my head. The kid probably was stoked a special Pikachu edition was being released in the states. He woke up on a Sunday morning earlier than usual, put on his favorite Pokemon shirt, and got to Best Buy only to find out they're not a participating retailer. :cry:

-----

On a side note, the others were all adults who were in their 20s and up. Internet, you are right today. It's not the little kids who pick up Pokemon games and toys, it's us who are all grown up.

Sorry for the downer. Hope I read more successful stories on this thread and good luck to anyone else still looking. :D

That's pretty sad to hear, I can only imagine how excited he was since when I am really excited for certain games/movies coming out a day I will wear a shirt of it even though most people wouldn't care or realize what it was for. Also I have to say, 10:55 is far from early. That really sucks though. It is stupid that pretty much all the major retailers besides Best Buy are getting it. Hopefully he was somehow able to find another one in the area but I doubt it.

While Pokémon is very popular amongst kids (and gamers) to this day, it is nothing like how it was in 99/2000. I can not think of another toy/series that has surpassed that craziness since. Pokémon was everywhere and they had any kind of toy imaginable, I would have to wake up early and get to the store I wanted and wait in line for a pack of cards and if not they would sell out of booster packs. It was madness and left an impact on a lot of kids, including myself. I was just 8 during the Pokémon craze but now Im 21 years old. The kids that grew up with it during Pokemania are now all adults. So that is why I do not find it surprising that a lot of the people were in their 20s. The games are incredibly well made and Red and Blue still stand the test of time.

#763 Jnubs

Jnubs

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:53 AM

So, I have a question about Wal-mart's ad / price match guarantee; hopefully someone with experience can help.

Let's say I buy the Pikachu XL online from Wal-Mart tonight (3/24), and print out the order invoice / receipt. In addition, I have a physical copy of a competitor's ad that has the XL at a lower price, but the ad lasts 3/24 - 3/30.

The thing with the online order is that both the "site to store" option says they will send it on 4/1. So that the ad price for the competitor is already expired, and thus WM will probably not honor it.

But again, I would have an invoice / receipt for 3/24 along with the physical ad from the competitor.

If I pick the XL up from WM on 4/1, do you guys think they'll honor the price match guarantee if I show them the original order date + competitor's ad?

#764 Tdog987

Tdog987

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:01 AM

So, I have a question about Wal-mart's ad / price match guarantee; hopefully someone with experience can help.

Let's say I buy the Pikachu XL online from Wal-Mart tonight (3/24), and print out the order invoice / receipt. In addition, I have a physical copy of a competitor's ad that has the XL at a lower price, but the ad lasts 3/24 - 3/30.

The thing with the online order is that both the "site to store" option says they will send it on 4/1. So that the ad price for the competitor is already expired, and thus WM will probably not honor it.

But again, I would have an invoice / receipt for 3/24 along with the physical ad from the competitor.

If I pick the XL up from WM on 4/1, do you guys think they'll honor the price match guarantee if I show them the original order date + competitor's ad?

No. I don't they PM their online orders

#765 garrett9418

garrett9418

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:05 AM

Sorry for being off topic but what does the term "PM" mean? I always thought that meant personal message.
:hot::hot::hot::ps3:PSN Trade List:ps3::hot::hot::hot: http://www.cheapassg...7&postcount=996

:hot::hot::hot::360:XBL Trade List:360::hot::hot::hot:http://www.cheapassg...3&postcount=962

#766 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:06 AM

Price Match.

Selling GTA V and Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#767 JediDeath

JediDeath

Casual Fribsday 2024

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:06 AM

Sorry for being off topic but what does the term "PM" mean? I always thought that meant personal message.

Price Match

#768 Slixshot

Slixshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:14 AM

I know I'm on this site to score some sweet deals, but when it came down to making this purchase, I was just happy to have it. Snagged mine on Walmart.com earlier today after waking up to them all being sold out elsewhere. Really happy to have it.
Posted Image

#769 nsanchez1

nsanchez1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:28 AM

Also, and as you said bkforyou, I don't think it's weird grown ups are going after this system. I'm 25, Pokemon first came out here when I was 11, and I've loved the series every since.

Thats what I am saying. A little nostalgia is a good thing. Even my mom was happy to see the pika 3DSXL she used to watch pokemon with me. I love my mom.

#770 247

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:32 AM

Private message

#771 strikeratt

strikeratt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:32 AM

Pissed right now ... I bought two of these on Walmart.com and apparently my credit card company decided it was fradulent activity, even though this is a common type of buy for me. Now they're sold out and I can't get them
Asus P5W DH Deluxe / Core 2 Duo e6550 with Big Typhoon Cooler / Sapphire 3870 2x (the 2 in one) / 2x 2GB OCZ Reaper Memory / Sound Blaster Xtreme Gamer / 20x Lite-ON DVD Burner with Lightscribe / 400GB WD with Windows XP Home / 500 GB WD Green Power with Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit / 700w OCZ PSU / Razer Diamondback Mouse / Zboard

Posted Image

#772 smellmybutt

smellmybutt

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:26 AM

When I bought my pikachu 3DS XL, I also bought a 16 gig SD card so I could have more space. I did the 3DS to 3DS XL system transfer with the new SD card in the pikachu system only to find out that the pikachu system didn't read it right so now I lost all my saved game data and have to redownload everything. :(

That will teach me not to rush through system transfers again.

#773 smokeyjoey8

smokeyjoey8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:30 AM

I'm confused. The original memory card, the one in your source system, should have all of the data on it. Thats the one you put in your new XL once the transfer is complete.

#774 smellmybutt

smellmybutt

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:35 AM

Wow, you're a life saver. I'll blame that one on sleep deprivation from running around this morning.

#775 GodofGambler

GodofGambler

God of Gambler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:49 AM

Pissed right now ... I bought two of these on Walmart.com and apparently my credit card company decided it was fradulent activity, even though this is a common type of buy for me. Now they're sold out and I can't get them

I got the message too. Discover card. But after I placed my order, I immediately check my order and showed canceled. Fixed everything and order is in. I would thought Walmart would decline right away, not after an order was placed.

#776 smokeyjoey8

smokeyjoey8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:54 AM

Your credit card companies don't call you when they suspect something? I've bought things, notably Minecraft and various things from Japan, and occasionally they'll think something is wrong and they'll call to confirm I bought it.

#777 GodofGambler

GodofGambler

God of Gambler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

Companies are saving money by using machine instead of people on weekends.

#778 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:40 AM

Guyds.. just an FYI but there is a chance that if you are having problems with orders getting cancelled on Walmart for no real reason (i.e. they say your card was declined by your bank and the bank says everything was good on their end) that Walmart is declining the transaction because your account has been flagged.

This actually applies to quite a few retailers.

#779 GodofGambler

GodofGambler

God of Gambler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:43 AM

Interesting. Didn't know UK is getting Fire Emblem 3DS limited edition bundle...XL version that is.

http://www.amazon.co...aw_bottom_links

#780 Liquid Metal

Liquid Metal

hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:48 AM

That looks nice. Are the 3ds xls region locked?