Photo
- - - - -

Yellow Pikachu LE 3DS XL $199.99 MSRP (Preorder's up at GS) Target $159.99 on 3/24

• Please log in to reply
1318 replies to this topic

#1261 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:32 AM

Just got my pickup at Walmart. Also managed to PM Targets right before closing. I'm a very happy man

aren't you jetlagged? cuz i remember you saying you were going to take a plane to another state to pickup it up, while visiting your relatives.

#1262 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:36 AM

aren't you jetlagged? cuz i remember you saying you were going to take a plane to another state to pickup it up, while visiting your relatives.

Yep, arrived at 10, got it at 11, losing consciousness any minute now on the couch

#1263 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:38 AM

Yep, arrived at 10, got it at 11, losing consciousness any minute now on the couch

you are a true cag, the ultimate deal hunter. i would vote you for Cag community award 2013, if i could, LOL

#1264 Jnubs

Jnubs

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:01 AM

OT: What do the AR cards do? And besides being packaged with the XL system, where else can we find AR cards?

#1265 feroca

feroca

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:07 AM

OT: What do the AR cards do? And besides being packaged with the XL system, where else can we find AR cards?

Play a few mini-games and/or take pictures in the included 'AR Games app'. The included ones are the main/only ones and used only in that.

Games that use AR Cards (Kid Icarus, Kingdom Hearts, etc.) need their own/specific cards and can only be used in their respective games.

#1266 GodofGambler

GodofGambler

God of Gambler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:33 AM

This is my first time with an XL system so now I am on he hunt for a nice case without bulk. I spotted one in Five Below today but wanted to know if anyone had recommendations.

I just use a clear case from eBay. Not wanting to ruin exterior design after such hard find.

#1267 GodofGambler

GodofGambler

God of Gambler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:35 AM

To be honest, I think it depends on the person handling the case.

Obviously, it's not a computer handling every case, picking and choosing who to PM and who to reject.

Trogdor got a PM. I got a PM. Unfortunately, I think GBAstar got the short end of the stick when it comes to WM Online customer service.

So true. They've been getting too many PMs, online and phone.

#1268 ps2emotions

ps2emotions

8 bit heaven

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

Alright, able to buy a 3DS XL next week. Don't care which one it is, but want a new one. Where is the cheapest place to get it?

Get a regular 3ds. I went to kmart last night to pick up luigi's mansion and was thinking of getting the red XL. Since I like my launch 3ds I figured I better try out a 3ds XL for m yself so my nephew and I went over to gamestop and tried the display XL out. The speakers are complete rubbish my 3ds blows it away in sound quality. I'd played NSMB2 on the gamestop display unit a few months ago and remember thinking it looked pixelated but been reading that that game and shinobi are the worse ones for that and the other games look good on the XL. I'm so happy I didn't open one of my pikachu XL's if the sound is still this bad on the new XL's. People say use headphones but I don't like using headphones and I've eve read that they used a bad audio chip in the XL so headphones don't help. I'm not hard to please so I figured people who were complaining about the audio was picky but I'm sure glad I tried it to see for myself. If I'm going to pay this much to upgrade then everything should be an upgrade nothing should be a downgrade. I mean with the smaller screens at least you are still getting everything on the larger one but with the sound you either have it or you don't and it plain sucks on the XL. I played Luigi's mansion on the XL at gamestop and came home and played it on my launch 3ds and I actually think it looked better on my 3ds and realized how pleased I was I didn't jump in and buy the XL. No excuse for nintendo to use crappy speakers they should have made the screens a bit smaller so the original speakers would work or make the case larger. I emailed nintendo and others should too to let them know we do care about this and it does hurt their sales.

#1269 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:12 PM

To be honest, I think it depends on the person handling the case.

Obviously, it's not a computer handling every case, picking and choosing who to PM and who to reject.

Trogdor got a PM. I got a PM. Unfortunately, I think GBAstar got the short end of the stick when it comes to WM Online customer service.

So true. They've been getting too many PMs, online and phone.

I got a PM from walmart online by phone on Friday and when she saw my order she knew exactly who I was PMing it to and for how much. I honestly think I only said about 8 words the whole time I was on the phone because she was so used to doing it. She said I wouldn't believe the amount of calls that she got today for this one item. She told me it is NOT their policy but she would make a one time exception. I guess it depends who you talk to. I purchased 2 of them and she did it for both of them.

My walmart is hell on earth. I did a site to store order for pikachu, and the pickup is located across from the bathroom :roll: I pushed the button for service and had to wait 30 minutes for someone to come help me. During that time I walked around the store trying to get someone to help me get my order. Most people said they couldn't help me or said they would find someone and then ignored me and went back to doing their "work". I heard on the PA system a couple times "customer assistance needed in site to store" while I just stood there and no one did anything. I guess if you don't tell these people specially what to do they will assume someone else is doing it.

After 30 minutes a manager finally decided to come back and help me. This is a normal occurance with my walmart which is why I hardly every shop there, but 2 Pikachu 3DS for $159.99 is the only time I would ever consider the torture.

When I picked up my order the manager said if I wanted to PM (by returning the item and then buying it again with the ad) I have to go to customer service. I left the bathroom and walked over to customer service. The line was over 20 people long with 2 people working. Customer service is located in the front and the line was actually blocking people from coming in. I didn't think walmart.com would refund me but I just called while I was waiting in line because I knew I would be there awhile so it didn't hurt to try. Luckily I got a nice girl who was willing to do it and was already knowledgeable about the situation.

Saved me a ton of time and hassle because I know my walmart would have fucked it up some how and I got out of waiting in that 20 person line.

Edited by jrr6415sun, 31 March 2013 - 02:23 PM.

#1270 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

I just use a clear case from eBay. Not wanting to ruin exterior design after such hard find.

I got a clear 1 from eBay, too. Very nice! Especially for $3.xx. Not sure what I was expecting, but it was better than expected!

Also got a set of matte screen protectors from eBay.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#1271 caca13

caca13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

This is my first time with an XL system so now I am on he hunt for a nice case without bulk. I spotted one in Five Below today but wanted to know if anyone had recommendations.

Here is the case I got for my 3DS XL.

http://www.amazon.co..._pr_product_top

I like this a lot. With shipping it will be about $4 something.

#1272 The 2nd Coming

The 2nd Coming

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

@ dgwillia006. I'm glad you were able to get yours with the price match, what games did you pick up? You already got my vote for cag of the year, what you did was some hardcore dedication

#1273 Kitoro

Kitoro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

Be careful with those plastic shell casings, guys. They have been known to actually scratch, chafe, and/or damage the sides/front/back of the XL.

My Pikachu XL rests safely inside my Club Nintendo pouch within my new Hori XL case. Double protection! :P

#1274 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

@ dgwillia006. I'm glad you were able to get yours with the price match, what games did you pick up? You already got my vote for cag of the year, what you did was some hardcore dedication

Already had a DS/3DS XL. So I already have like 20 games plus the Ambassador stuff lol.

Probably gonna sell my old XL to Gamestop if none of my friends are interested

#1275 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

I'll keep my PIKACHU Safe & Secure in my collection. It'll be Rare & Hard to Find soon enough :)
"Evil is Funs"

#1276 Jnubs

Jnubs

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

I'll keep my PIKACHU Safe & Secure in my collection. It'll be Rare & Hard to Find soon enough :)

This.

I almost don't want to take mine out of the box. #Inviolate

#1277 Rohsiph

Rohsiph

True Dark ending

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:47 PM

(Walmart horror story.)

Oy. Occasionally our movies vendor tells us about one of the other locations on her route and it sounds about the same. Small town or metro area? I'm at a small town Walmart, and I'd say about 75% of the 100+ workers care about their jobs. Most of our sales floor people are great. There aren't many places to work around here . . . it makes a difference.

Rohsiph.png

#1278 GodofGambler

GodofGambler

God of Gambler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

Sorry, I should've posted the link. I have clear case and protector screen for my DSi XL 25th Anniversary as well. Clear cases aren't Nerf armor but they are nice to look at. ^_^

http://item.mobilewe...Id=390526483893

#1279 ninjab0yyyy13

ninjab0yyyy13

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

just wondering has anyone tried using this http://www.amazon.co...=I27A72WP729ZW8

to protect their 3ds XLs? I'm thinking of getting them.

#1280 chrislaustin

chrislaustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

just wondering has anyone tried using this http://www.amazon.co...=I27A72WP729ZW8

to protect their 3ds XLs? I'm thinking of getting them.

Take notice, this is a "wet" install application. I personally use Skinomi full body skins, or zagg from time to time, but this one seems similar. "Wet" is the way to go, but it takes practice and patience. Look at Youtube videos before purchase.

These allow better placement, due to the "wet" aspect of the install. It also allows for a better and more durable final fit, but you need to make sure you can do the install before purchasing.

#1281 Maximus Prime

Maximus Prime

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

Well after seeing this has been discontinued at Target my rain check means nothing, ugh. Just sucks this came out between my pay checks. I will never stoop to scalper prices.

#1282 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Take notice, this is a "wet" install application. I personally use Skinomi full body skins, or zagg from time to time, but this one seems similar. "Wet" is the way to go, but it takes practice and patience. Look at Youtube videos before purchase.

These allow better placement, due to the "wet" aspect of the install. I also allows for a better and more durable final fit, but you need to make sure you can do the install before purchasing.

Good warning! I bought a skinomi wet screen protector for my previous cellphone, and bungled the install. Had to take it off and trash it. Would never buy a wet install screen protector again. Now I use static screen protectors, and have had much better success with them.

On topic, if I bought one of these XLs, I would just keep it sealed for collecting. Or just get an extra to open.

#1283 ImpurePhoen1x

ImpurePhoen1x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

These allow better placement, due to the "wet" aspect of the install. I also allows for a better and more durable final fit, but you need to make sure you can do the install before purchasing.

Ah, wet applications, a true test of patience. I spent hours fighting with my Persona 4 Skin for my Vita, was not a fun time. The 3DS might be even harder to apply on
Posted Image

#1284 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

Just posting a friendly reminder that the 3DS XL's sound settings have it set to Surround by default, and that changing it to Stereo (you'll find the options under System Settings > Other Settings) will make the speakers sound much, much better.

As someone with both systems (the 3DS and the XL), I can say that the only difference I can tell between the two is that the XL's speakers are a little bit quieter when both are set to Stereo (as they should be - Surround stinks for both systems, as I remember being appalled at how bad Netflix sounded on my original 3DS before I changed it).

#1285 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

Just posting a friendly reminder that the 3DS XL's sound settings have it set to Surround by default, and that changing it to Stereo (you'll find the options under System Settings > Other Settings) will make the speakers sound much, much better.

As someone with both systems (the 3DS and the XL), I can say that the only difference I can tell between the two is that the XL's speakers are a little bit quieter when both are set to Stereo (as they should be - Surround stinks for both systems, as I remember being appalled at how bad Netflix sounded on my original 3DS before I changed it).

If this works, thanks. I had heard the XLs speakers sucked or were at least more quiet than the regular 3DS so maybe that's the reason for it.

#1286 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:28 PM

If this works, thanks. I had heard the XLs speakers sucked or were at least more quiet than the regular 3DS so maybe that's the reason for it.

The reason for it is the XL uses inferior speakers. You can adjust the settings all you want but an inferior product is an inferior product.

That being said just about everything else (except the lack of color choices) is better on the XL. Personally I think it was stupid they didn't add a second analog stick (God knows there is room) but people will defend Nintendo just because it is Nintendo and will happily spend $200 on the next 3DS iteration because like Apple Nintendo knows how to get people to buy the latest version of their handhelds even when the differences between releases is very minor.

#1287 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

I don't see enough support on games for Nintendo to add a second analog stick. There are only a handful of games that take advantage of it and it was something Nintendo should have done from the beginning. I've noticed between the PS EYE, Wii Motion Plus, Circle Pad Pro, balance board and Kinect that game publishers won't give as much support to peripherals because it caters to a niche market.

#1288 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:07 AM

I don't see enough support on games for Nintendo to add a second analog stick. There are only a handful of games that take advantage of it and it was something Nintendo should have done from the beginning. I've noticed between the PS EYE, Wii Motion Plus, Circle Pad Pro, balance board and Kinect that game publishers won't give as much support to peripherals because it caters to a niche market.

I agree but games like RE Revelation MGS and even Luigis Mansions would work much better if you had one stick to control the character and another to control the camera so you didn't have to use ABXY buttons to look up down and all around.

Granted some of the games work fine (I had no problems with RE Revlations sans the circle pad pro) but it is very clumsy and awkward.

#1289 YOUR BASE

YOUR BASE

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:13 AM

Well after seeing this has been discontinued at Target my rain check means nothing, ugh. Just sucks this came out between my pay checks. I will never stoop to scalper prices.

I got a raincheck for the Pikachu one because the computer wouldn't allow them for the red or blue models. The manager said she would call nearby stores and let them know to accept it. You could try to use it since the same thing may have happened in other areas. I'm in central NJ, so if you are nearby then you may be near one of the stores she called. I'm still holding out in hopes of a reprint of the Pikachu model.

#1290 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:16 AM

Back on Topic:

I submitted a price match request again (third time) through the walmart.com website and they finally issued a credit in the amount of $42 ($40 price difference + 5% tax). I submitted it last night at about 11:00PM EST.

I was going to not pick the order up but I'll keep it now.