Photo
- - - - -

Yellow Pikachu LE 3DS XL $199.99 MSRP (Preorder's up at GS) Target $159.99 on 3/24

• Please log in to reply
1318 replies to this topic

#1291 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:22 AM

I got a raincheck for the Pikachu one because the computer wouldn't allow them for the red or blue models. The manager said she would call nearby stores and let them know to accept it. You could try to use it since the same thing may have happened in other areas. I'm in central NJ, so if you are nearby then you may be near one of the stores she called. I'm still holding out in hopes of a reprint of the Pikachu model.

You got a rain check for the Pikachu because they were being a mess and didn't want you to buy a 3DS XL. Let alone the mythical, discontinued Pikachu.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#1292 JediDeath

JediDeath

Casual Fribsday 2024

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:22 AM

You got a rain check for the Pikachu because they were being a mess and didn't want you to buy a 3DS XL. Let alone the mythical, discontinued Pikachu.

Actually it didn't allow us (at least my store) to manually create rain checks either. Key word is manually, that doesn't mean they couldn't have done it the correct way, however.

#1293 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

just wondering has anyone tried using this http://www.amazon.co...=I27A72WP729ZW8

to protect their 3ds XLs? I'm thinking of getting them.

I didn't want a hard case because they can scratch the system. So i looked for zagg or skinomi but they didnt have. So... that's exactly what i ordered. This will be the first ds that i've put a skin on. Wish me well.

On topic - moving thread to graveyard.
gwensigol8.png

#1294 Nesboy43

Nesboy43

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

I played Luigi's mansion on the XL at gamestop and came home and played it on my launch 3ds and I actually think it looked better on my 3ds and realized how pleased I was I didn't jump in and buy the XL. No excuse for nintendo to use crappy speakers they should have made the screens a bit smaller so the original speakers would work or make the case larger. I emailed nintendo and others should too to let them know we do care about this and it does hurt their sales.

Of course the 3DS XL will look slightly worse than the original, it is a larger screen of the same resolution. If they made another 3DS that was smaller than the original, it would look better than the original. However the difference between the 3DS XL and 3DS is very slight in my opinion. I thought DSi XL looked horrible but 3DS XL looks very close to the original, they may be using some sort of filtering but I am not sure.

The speakers are worse than the original because they went for a slim design and wanted to price the system as cheaply as they could to make a profit. They earn some money for every 3DS XL sold but lose money on the original 3DS. It's a trade off, better 3D viewing angle, bigger screens, better battery, slim design, vs better looking small screen and better sound. The audio output would be the same in either systems so headphones would sound the same on the original 3DS as they would on the XL.

#1295 DukToonz

DukToonz

CAG Newbie

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:23 AM

for all those who dont believe these are discontinued at target i took a picture of the pda while i was at work today *clipped for space*

I signed up for this forum just to thank you for this post. I guess I just really needed the dose of reality. I was sorta hoping against hope that Target might actually get more in for those of us who pre-ordered and got unceremoniously put on a back-order list.

The most recent e-mail from Target stated as follows:

We just found out about an unexpected delay that affects your order. We're sorry, but we may not be able to deliver your item(s) by the estimated delivery date you received with your original order. New estimated delivery date(s) are included below. If we can't deliver your item(s) by this new estimated delivery date, we will automatically cancel your order. Here's what you can do:

If you'd like us to keep trying to deliver these item(s) beyond the new estimated delivery date, visit the order detail page and approve future delivery updates. We will do our best to fulfill the delayed item(s) from your order, but if we can't we will let you know as soon as possible.

If the item(s) is on backorder and you no longer want the delayed item(s), you can cancel them from the order detail page.

You will not be charged for any items until they ship. If items need to be shipped separately, your shipping charges will not increase.

Thanks for shopping at Target.
Team Target

The new target delivery date is 4/17/2013 - 5/3/2013. Now either they're expecting another shipment, or they just really enjoy messing with my head. At this point, I don't really care which it is, I'm just ready for it to be over. Ready to be told there's no Santa Claus, no Easter Bunny.

So yeah, thanks again for the post ^ up there. I feel released it a strange way. ;)

#1296 testaroo

testaroo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:22 PM

I was at two different targets and both had the price label for Pikachu 3DS at 199.99 even though they were all sold out. So they actually changed the label from 159.99 sale price to normal 199.99.
Maybe they're getting more? Otherwise why bother putting those changed labels up?

#1297 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:59 AM

I was at two different targets and both had the price label for Pikachu 3DS at 199.99 even though they were all sold out. So they actually changed the label from 159.99 sale price to normal 199.99.
Maybe they're getting more? Otherwise why bother putting those changed labels up?

The $159.99 was the sale price, so they probably put those large sale tags over the smaller MSRP tag. They wouldn't have changed the label.

In any event, I was finally able to pick up my Walmart Order and I absolutely love it. I'm really glad I was able to get this after my local GS kind of screwed me when they told me they would hold one for me but didn't.

#1298 Jnubs

Jnubs

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:59 PM

The 199.99 label was made because stores probably didn't expect the Pikachus to sell out so fast.

#1299 Winkin

Winkin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:01 AM

Has anyone used a rain check to pick up a blue/red one after the sale? Did they allow the substitute?

#1300 leungw

leungw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

My target.com order disappeared as expected.

Did not ship, did not get cancellation. Just disappeared.

#1301 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

My target.com order disappeared as expected.

Did not ship, did not get cancellation. Just disappeared.

:lol:

So did mine....classy!

#1302 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

Did anybody ever get one shipped from Target? Kind of sucks that some of you missed out but most of you know Targets track record online.

#1303 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

I wasn't planning on digging up this thread but since it's already been brought to the top I'll update. I checked the inventory system last night at work (Target) and the 73 I previously mentioned as being listed as "on order" have now completely disappeared from the system. This thing is as good as gone, it would seem.

#1304 DukToonz

DukToonz

CAG Newbie

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

I didn't know Target's track record prior to pre-ordering this item. Had I known, I certainly would of avoided them and will do so in the future. For a company that deals so much in Nintendo Exclusivity, you'd think they'd be a little more on it than this. Shame.

I was able to land a Pikachu 3DS XL however via the Wal-Mart In Store Pickup route. Still ... bleh.

#1305 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:13 AM

I didn't know Target's track record prior to pre-ordering this item. Had I known, I certainly would of avoided them and will do so in the future. For a company that deals so much in Nintendo Exclusivity, you'd think they'd be a little more on it than this. Shame.

I was able to land a Pikachu 3DS XL however via the Wal-Mart In Store Pickup route. Still ... bleh.

target/walmart/toys'rus have the reputation of the worst online retailers in fulfilling online orders.

#1306 Maximus Prime

Maximus Prime

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:13 AM

I have a quick question I know a store by me that has the system in stock now. I have a rain check for the 159.99 price for the pikachu edition now do you think I could use that to pricematch? It would be sweet if it was possible

#1307 shawnmelo

shawnmelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:15 AM

I have a quick question I know a store by me that has the system in stock now. I have a rain check for the 159.99 price for the pikachu edition now do you think I could use that to pricematch? It would be sweet if it was possible

they probably arent gonna price match the rain check. You better just grab it at msrp before you lose the opportunity.

#1308 YOUR BASE

YOUR BASE

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:17 AM

I found one at PC Richard. I tried to get a price match on my Target raincheck, but the manager said it was too much off and Target wasn't selling for that price anymore. He did take $20 off, so I'm happy with that.

#1309 thetruth1983

thetruth1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:21 AM

They should give it to you for that price. That is the whole purpose of the rain check. If an item is OOS during the time it's on sale, the rain check allows you to get it for that price even after the sale is over. It also depends on when the rain check expires.

#1310 DukToonz

DukToonz

CAG Newbie

• CAG in Training

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:34 AM

At this point, count your blessings that you found one that isn't at a scalper rate. If I owned a store with one in stock, I wouldn't price match a rain check on this item because there is no way the store you got the rain check at will never get the systems back in.

My advice, buy it for $200 and thank them very kindly on your way out. :)

#1311 thetruth1983

thetruth1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

I just got a email from Target saying that my order has been cancelled.

#1312 Maximus Prime

Maximus Prime

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

Well they wouldn't honor the rain check but I took back some bottles and cans etc and paid only 130 and picked it up! So awesome :)

#1313 Onyok

Onyok

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

^I've found one at its Erwin store by using its store locator but when I called the store, sales rep there say they don't carry 'em anymore! Maybe, they were instructed by their store manager to hoard 'em stocks so they can scalper!?!

Epic fail! :-#

I'm glad those peeps who got 'em for a good price esp those who were able to PM! Kudos!

#1314 Chrushev

Chrushev

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

Anyone know of any deals for just blue or red 3dS XL right now? or coming up?

#1315 kantut

kantut

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

Casting Thread Necromancy...

Just wanted to get this off my chest. I found a 3DS XL Pikachu out in the wild as I was wandering around after work, right beside a Fire Emblem 3DS. I almost bought it at MSRP, but I decided against it because I wasn't sure I was going to be playing it, and if I was going to sell it I didn't want to be accused of being a scalper if I tried to put a bit of a profit on it.

At the end of it, I just left it there sitting behind the glass case.

#1316 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

Casting Thread Necromancy...

Just wanted to get this off my chest. I found a 3DS XL Pikachu out in the wild as I was wandering around after work, right beside a Fire Emblem 3DS. I almost bought it at MSRP, but I decided against it because I wasn't sure I was going to be playing it, and if I was going to sell it I didn't want to be accused of being a scalper if I tried to put a bit of a profit on it.

At the end of it, I just left it there sitting behind the glass case.

Had to of been at a Gamestop...

Walmart didn't carry the FE 3DS Consoles at their B&M locations (at least not that I'm aware of) and neither did Target.

Anyways I would of bought them.... both.

#1317 kantut

kantut

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

Had to of been at a Gamestop...

Walmart didn't carry the FE 3DS Consoles at their B&M locations (at least not that I'm aware of) and neither did Target.

Anyways I would of bought them.... both.

The thought had occurred to me, but I wasn't prepared to shell out 400USD for two consoles that day. Maybe next payday and if they're still there.

#1318 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

The thought had occurred to me, but I wasn't prepared to shell out 400USD for two consoles that day. Maybe next payday and if they're still there.

I understand.

Not that it would matter to you (it would bother me) but if you decide to purchase either of the consoles check and make sure the seals are in tact. I have been to a gamestop before where employees have opened LE consoles just so they could see what they looked like. and then put them back in the box after examining them.

Although now that I think about it the Nintendo handhelds are only sealed by circle stickers and of course Gamestop stores have rolls of those so I suppose they could reseal them easily enough.

#1319 kantut

kantut

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:11 PM

I understand.

Not that it would matter to you (it would bother me) but if you decide to purchase either of the consoles check and make sure the seals are in tact. I have been to a gamestop before where employees have opened LE consoles just so they could see what they looked like. and then put them back in the box after examining them.

Although now that I think about it the Nintendo handhelds are only sealed by circle stickers and of course Gamestop stores have rolls of those so I suppose they could reseal them easily enough.

Sound advice. Thanks very much.