Photo
- - - - -

Samsung Galaxy S4....did you suffer through the unveiling?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:47 AM

I'll give Samsung a little credit, they've been doing better with the updates. they recently just updated some of the older Galaxy S2 models to Jelly Bean. Granted it's not the very newest version (that's 4.4.2 I think), but It's better than they've done in the past.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#32 Yagami

Yagami

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

Yeah they only really do that with the flagship Galaxy series though. So they are a somewhat safe bet. They still do the usual release + drop support on plenty of their other non Galaxy phones.

#33 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

I just tell people that they should be happy with the phone as it is when they buy it, because that may never change. Expecting updates and bug fixes shouldn't be such a big deal , but it seems like it is.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#34 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

The Droid Charge got an update but no OS update...ever since then it feels slower than before.

#35 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

I've still got my Charge somewhere. That was the replacement I received for suffering through the Fascinate.

#36 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

I am wondering what I can do with my two droid charges in wifi mode once I get the S4?

#37 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

I am wondering what I can do with my two droid charges in wifi mode once I get the S4?

I've used my original Droid as an alarm clock since getting the Thunderbolt which in turn has been replaced with the Stratosphere, Droid RAZR, and now Galaxy Note 2.

New sig coming soon.

#38 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:31 PM

They should make nice paperweights.

#39 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

I was reading on life hacker somewhere that if you just use GPS mode, it can still track you on Navigator but the maps will be blurry until you enable data..meh.

#40 Yagami

Yagami

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:51 AM

My nephew loves my old Samsung Moment. He only just recently broke it after having it for a couple years. He would play "maps" all the time

Even more amazing is how easily entertained 3/4 year olds are.

#41 seolondon

seolondon

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

I'm okay with my previous Samsung after all new apps are being introduce after months and what is new now will become old after months because another apps will come.

#42 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

I was reading on life hacker somewhere that if you just use GPS mode, it can still track you on Navigator but the maps will be blurry until you enable data..meh.

Not a whole lot you can do with it to be honest. Portable video/music player, you could install retroarch on it and have an emulator device. I never did find a use for mine, probably should have sold it.

#43 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

I ordered an S4. Getting it Saturday. The benchmarks are not far off the octa.

Read the S4 vs HTC One comparo on GSMArena if you haven't.

My EVO 3d was a HTC flagship when it launched and they have overheating, bad digitizers, and battery compartment and connections hardware flaws.

And as my 3d decided to remind me of these when the pre order was announced last week, sealed the deal

#44 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

:hot: Holy cow..... does one need an invisishield installed after that?

#45 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:08 AM

:hot: Holy cow..... does one need an invisishield installed after that?

Lol at the comments, yeah the guys tries pennies AFTER the serrated blade?

Rumor is the Motorola X phone that Google heads are personally overseeing will have something called "sapphire glass" that is 3 x stronger than gorilla, *which is what the S4 has.

If all the rumors are true about the X phone though(2.4 Ghz s800(bigLITTLE possible), 2 GB or more DDR3, 5000 mah or more battery while have a profile similar to all the other flagships), not one would want anything else, lol. I know I would probably be selling my S4 this fall
PS3, 360, Wii, DS,3DS, Vita
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#46 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:14 AM

http://www.droid-lif...ks/#more-106039

HMM....

I am really starting to wonder if I should just skip the HTC One/S4 and wait for something else that's coming up that will be faster?

#47 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:25 AM

HMM....

I am really starting to wonder if I should just skip the HTC One/S4 and wait for something else that's coming up that will be faster?

thats is interesting, and yeah, Samsung isnt that good at secrets.

look at this one. the xperia Z gets wasted.

#48 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:41 AM

thats is interesting, and yeah, Samsung isnt that good at secrets.

look at this one. the xperia Z gets wasted.

More like the screen protector is getting wasted. He mentions in another video that the phone doesn't have the Sony logo on it, but that the screen protector does. Also, you can tell that he's being a lot more careful when chopping at the Samsung. Frankly, I'm surprised he didn't slice his hand open.
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#49 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:39 AM

More like the screen protector is getting wasted. He mentions in another video that the phone doesn't have the Sony logo on it, but that the screen protector does. Also, you can tell that he's being a lot more careful when chopping at the Samsung. Frankly, I'm surprised he didn't slice his hand open.

He said it was part of the phone didn't he? I think he meant that was the layer that makes it shatterproof?

HMM....

The problem is, as a guy at work pointed out to me, what the heck are most people going to do with that power? And he has a point. My EVO 3D can play NOVA 3 pretty well. little to no lag. So, the best games are running good on 2 year old designs. They HAVE to do that to get good sales anyway, and the GPU'S themselves are being released faster than dev can optimize games for anyway. Think of it, it will take a few years before Vita hits its potentiall, and its using a ARM and has a ton of AAA studios working on it. If you are running fine with an older phone NOW, then you probably aren't someone who would use that phone to its max potential anyway(not that you could anyway unless you are a benchmark maker)

#50 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:02 AM

He said it was part of the phone didn't he? I think he meant that was the layer that makes it shatterproof?

Nope. Sony actually ships their phones with screen protectors already applied along with a spare. That's why the keys and knife were "catching" on the Z and not on the S3. A key should not be able to gouge the screen like that and he couldn't consistently scratch it anyways, which is weird to begin with.

The shatterproof material is the actual glass underneath that he doesn't really get to. Considering the way he was going at it with the carving knife on the Z, I'm not surprised that it shattered a bit. I just wish he had the same gusto on the S3. If the screen of the Z was really that bad, the screen would turned into a spiderweb.

Don't get me wrong, the S3 still fared pretty well and is a tough little bugger. I just wish the test was more even.
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#51 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

The problem is, as a guy at work pointed out to me, what the heck are most people going to do with that power? And he has a point. My EVO 3D can play NOVA 3 pretty well. little to no lag. So, the best games are running good on 2 year old designs. They HAVE to do that to get good sales anyway, and the GPU'S themselves are being released faster than dev can optimize games for anyway. Think of it, it will take a few years before Vita hits its potentiall, and its using a ARM and has a ton of AAA studios working on it. If you are running fine with an older phone NOW, then you probably aren't someone who would use that phone to its max potential anyway(not that you could anyway unless you are a benchmark maker)

I am still on the Droid Charge right now but hate that it lags so bad with other non stock launchers. This so pisses me off that I can't upgrade the OS and stuck with GB. The S4 in combination with an otterbox defender case looks like it could last me more than 2 years with not only it's specs but durability as well..