55 replies to this topic

#1 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:49 AM

Posted ImagePosted ImageHitman: Absolution $18.99 + Free Shipping

Credit goes to Baddogdaddy from SD

Edited by htz, 21 March 2013 - 11:00 PM.
Dead Deal

#2 NightCat

NightCat

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

What shipping courier do they use and are they reliable?

#3 SilentBob50023

SilentBob50023

Kneel Before Zod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:54 AM

Groupon coming through with a couple decent deals lately. Thanks for the heads-up, OP.

#4 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:03 AM

What shipping courier do they use and are they reliable?

Courier? Lol. Well, old chap, in my experience they favour the USPS. Bit dodgy at times but they usually pull through in the end. Cheerio.

#5 Big D.

Big D.

Sac City Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

Courier? Lol. Well, old chap, in my experience they favour the USPS. Bit dodgy at times but they usually pull through in the end. Cheerio.

LMAO! :applause:

Thanks for the deal OP!

#6 djpookie2000

djpookie2000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

Lol, I needed that. I wonder of the game is worth playing. I didn't like any of the previous ones.

#7 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:54 AM

Lol, I needed that. I wonder of the game is worth playing. I didn't like any of the previous ones.

I'm currently playing through the game, and I can't put it down. It's quite different from the other games in the series. In the other games, you would always go back to your mansion before every mission so you can pick your personal load out. In the latest one, the missions are intertwined so you pick up weapons along the way. Lastly, the objectives can be completed in any order. So essentially you can kill your target, and continue to the next level right away.

#8 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

$18.99 is a no-brainier. Don't hesitate.

#9 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

I bit. Probably not going to play it for a while, but $20 was my price for this.

#10 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

I didn't like the older 3 either. I picked this up awhile ago to transfer GS credit to BB credit, but I enjoyed it so much I kept it instead.
If I were you I'll at least pick it up at GS used to give it a shot.

Square enix has been kicking ass lately with sleeping dog, hitman and Tomb raider.

#11 neo_anomaly

neo_anomaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

I played hitman 3 and never got into it. Price seems good though. On the fence....

#12 investor

investor

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

I'm definitely aren't going to play it anytime this year with a huge backlog, so why not wait until it hit $10?

I bit. Probably not going to play it for a while, but $20 was my price for this.

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#13 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

I bit it was something I wasn't super into it when I tried it a couple of months ago, but I had so many games on my backlog, now since I'm concentrating maybe ill like it more.

#14 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

I cannot believe how quickly this game's price dropped. Even late November it was already 20 bucks off.
It was one of my favorite games last year. Sure, it was different than previous Hitman games, but I still enjoyed it.

Highly recommended for those that like sneaky murders with a plethora of awesome cinematics.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png

#15 Esphyrian

Esphyrian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

How long does it usually take b4 their orders ship? My Bejeweled 3 order from the 9th is still waiting.

#16 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

The bug that corrupts game saves still hasn't been fixed. Fair warning.

#17 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

Are Groupons games Region 1?

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check out my Gaming Stream.

#18 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

i think it's a great game for $20 - ain't gonna happen under $20 unless it's part of a black friday deal or clearance, and at that point good luck finding one.

#19 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

I cannot believe how quickly this game's price dropped. Even late November it was already 20 bucks off.
It was one of my favorite games last year. Sure, it was different than previous Hitman games, but I still enjoyed it.

Highly recommended for those that like sneaky murders with a plethora of awesome cinematics.

I thought it was WAY too linear. There are a few standout levels but most of them had 1 clear way to beat it. Not to mention that the intuition ability was just stupid and the AI were the worst in the series. That's not even including the game ending bug that will eventually be fixed. If you like sneaky murder games pick up the older ones. After my rental I wouldn't pick this up for any price.

#20 Troutyogurt

Troutyogurt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

Are Groupons games Region 1?

I'm assuming its region 1 because the features list on Groupon says "Made in USA"

Troutyogurt.png487267.png

#21 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

Good price, but I still have the whole Hitman HD collection to play through. I can wait for this to hit $10ish.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#22 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

Keep the game deals coming Groupon. This is the first I've wanted, so hopefully that's the first of many.
FadeToOne.png

#23 dillonfan28

dillonfan28

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

Thanks OP been waiting for a cheaper price on this. :applause:

#24 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

Thanks OP, grabbed one

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#25 Sanges99

Sanges99

And Ya Know That's Right

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

How long does it usually take b4 their orders ship? My Bejeweled 3 order from the 9th is still waiting.

Not only does Groupon ship using UPS Mail Innovations (UPS picked up and dropped off at a Postal Service sorting facility of their leisure) so it already takes forever to be delivered and the tracking is rarely updated, but when I bought Wheel of Fortune from their first game offer back in November/December, it took them nearly two weeks to start shipping; BE PREPARED TO WAIT.
25u01gl.gif

!!! CAG DISTRESS SIGNAL !!!
Fellow CAGs hear my desperate plea! I started a GoFundMe to help cover emergency vet bills,
please see
the link for details. Even donating a dollar would be a help to pay my massive debt.

#26 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

Bride of _____

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

this a great price for this game, I already have it on steam otherwise I would of jumped on it

300px-Titan_esports.jpg

#27 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

my god imo the stealth mechanics for this game were soooooo broken ! desguises ? pft please even from 1000 miles away everyone was alerted by you dispite looking like everyone else !!!! i would end up having to use up that meter thing (forgot what its called) just to slip past guards but that would run out quickly and then boom, another fire fight. this game just fustrated me to no end. this is a good price for those who want it though and i hope others enjoyed it much more than i did.
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#28 Dijital

Dijital

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

Will amazon or bestbuy price match groupon?

#29 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

Not only does Groupon ship using UPS Mail Innovations...

I've seen them ship FedEx and DHL Global Mail. I suspect they use whatever carrier costs them less at the time.

#30 Manifest95

Manifest95

Every Dollar Counts!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

I just saw this on Groupon and figured to pay CAG a visit since I knew someone would have posted it!

I'm still on the fence here though. I've heard good things about the game that makes me want it, especially the bonuses for replaying the level a certain way which is one of my favorite things in a game.

However, #1 Im a little broke right now thanks to a suprise $2,400 bill
#2 Too many good games coming out this year I want, which I'll wait for THOSE games to drop in price (mainly because of #1)
#3 My backlog is around 50 games deep and includes games like Dead Space 1&2, Mass Effect 2&3, Witcher 2, etc.
Posted Image