Battlefield 4 out on OCT 29th

fatmanforlife99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nJY7n8KaOY&list=PLLpjKzWIuEfmHcyTF7Qxuh1gIZoF3pxWS&index=2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZTeVnM5Sw&list=PLLpjKzWIuEfmHcyTF7Qxuh1gIZoF3pxWS&index=3

Last edited by a moderator:
Just watched the teasers. That tank firing up looks ridiculous.

I hope for the sake of my backlog that this is still a year out. Sunk (and still sinking) way too much time in BF3.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Just watched the teasers. That tank firing up looks ridiculous.

I hope for the sake of my backlog that this is still a year out. Sunk (and still sinking) way too much time in BF3.[/QUOTE]

From what I understand it's coming this year, but who knows. I guess we will find out tomorrow maybe. I took a long break from BF3 when Halo 4 came out and now I am back into BF3. The DLC is great, those damn assignments are addicting as well. Also, I am loving 1911 s-tac, that thing is a beast for a pistol.

Added the air teaser trailer. I hope the main trailer is not just all of teasers put together.

image_299132_thumb_wide940-610x342.jpg

From IGN
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/25/battlefield-4-release-window-reportedly-outed

Only 2 more days until the announcement =D

If the new systems can extend users in 1 game on console version then I'm definitely in.

Huge console person and I can't stand that BF series is so limited on consoles.

Let's wait till Activision (COD) series show us their stuff. But BF4 is looking pretty nice. I'm liking the Frostbite engine.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']If the new systems can extend users in 1 game on console version then I'm definitely in.

Huge console person and I can't stand that BF series is so limited on consoles.[/QUOTE]
I can't remember what site posted it, but dice did talk about this. I should say EA, they want to do this with the rest of the games.

[quote name='Methoes']Let's wait till Activision (COD) series show us their stuff. But BF4 is looking pretty nice. I'm liking the Frostbite engine.[/QUOTE]

haha cod.:lol:

If the next gen consoles get at least 32-36 people, at the very least, I'll be happy. 8 - 12 more people per match would easily make all the big maps more playable. Hoping for 40, 50 or 64 people per match of course.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Next gen and PC are definitely going to 64 player. I guess they want 60fps over 1080p on the new consoles. Ha I am sure BF 5 will have it.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather have 60 fps and 720p than 30 fps and 1080p. The whole 1080p vs 720p thing is way over blown

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Updated the op, officially coming out October 29th.[/QUOTE]
Source?
I could google it, but too lazy at the moment

Lol dude check the first link in the op. It was a sneaky announcement done on Facebook. It is coming to the Xbox one and ps4 as well the ps3, 360 and pc

Don't know if I should keep my 360 preorder or cancel and go with One/PC.

On Wired they mentioned that each game will have dedicated servers, so you might be able to increase the player limits up to standard 32-64 player PC sizes, but obviously Dice/EA haven't said anything about doing that yet for consoles.

[quote name='KrizB']Don't know if I should keep my 360 preorder or cancel and go with One/PC.

On Wired they mentioned that each game will have dedicated servers, so you might be able to increase the player limits up to standard 32-64 player PC sizes, but obviously Dice/EA haven't said anything about doing that yet for consoles.[/QUOTE]

Dedicated servers have never been an issue in Battlefield games. Battlefield 3 has dedicated servers. They just rent them out to people to use. The problem has always been the lack of ram on the consoles. They weren't able to handle the amount of players. These new consoles should alleviate that and we should see 32-64 players

Beta is out if you're a premium member, pre-ordered BF 4 etc... 

It should be up for everyone

Beta is out if you're a premium member, pre-ordered BF 4 etc... You may have to use some odd means to find the beta right now because it's still not showing up for some people. Took this from the BF 4 beta comments section. It works.

1. Go to console settings, change your locale to United Kingdom and sign back in. 2. Sign out of your profile 3. you should see the bf4 exclusive beta now in the games tab. Click it. 4. now hovering over the bf4 beta tab, sign back into your account via the Home button on the Xbox controller, otherwise the beta tab will disappear when you sign in( if you sign in a different way) 5. Now the beta should be downloading!
thanks. downloading now...

1.65 GB

I love the beta. It's not a huge step forward for the 360 but it is a blast. So many improvements over BF 3. Only complaint is that they switched the controls up for a lot of things. 64 players will be fun as hell on the X1

Downloading the demo for 4 now. Is anyone playing it? Pretty easy to find a game? I just preordered it so with it and Ghosts coming in the next few weeks, can't wait for all the gunplay..lol.

Yea plenty of people playing it. As far as finding games it can be hard but once you're in you are fine. If you switch the server setting filter to 15+ players it's supposed to help

I got the email from Origin about having access to the beta because of my MOH LE but when I go to the dash where it says I will find it I don't see it :whistle2:(

Any help?

Feels like BF 3.5. Prob looks and feels a lot better on the Xbox One but seems minor changes for the 360 and I can't blame them for putting more work into the next gen console. Not sure why but I expected more and may have to rethink my preorder or just postpone it till the price drops.

I got the email from Origin about having access to the beta because of my MOH LE but when I go to the dash where it says I will find it I don't see it :whistle2:(

Any help?
Can't do it either. Today was a terrible day for online gaming...GTA Online has huge troubles, and Battlefield 4 has troubles. I was excited about my birthday too :(

so i played the beta on 360, and pc... am i the only one who doesnt like the map? i did get too experience a skyscraper falling, which was awesome. but the map itself as far as gameplay.... im not loving it. it seems too be too, "up in the air" sniper friendly, which i understand we are playing on skyscrapers, but its just more frustrating then fun.. kind of tired of getting snipped and playing hide and go seek on the many towers too find the guy, and i keep getting shot by grenade launchers, not sure if thats a fluke though. i really hope this beta is like bf3, where the map they show off is (in my opinion) the worst of the bunch, because i hated metro, but loved bf3. i dont know i shall wait and see how it pans out, but i honestly am not having much fun with the beta... and i may just hold out for the xbox one version and see what people are saying instead of getting it for pc. any of you guys have an opinion of the beta so far? 

It'll be enough to tide me over until the Xbox 1 version. It's a beta so I'm giving it a pass on the visuals. The BF 3 beta was the same way. I like the map, but there are a lot of sniper spots on it. It can get pretty hectic with 24 people, so 64 people should be insane. The xbox 1/ps4/pc will have more flags on conquest and boats so there is that. If I only had a 360 I would still play BF 4 hardcore, but wouldn't be nearly as excited as I am for the next gen version. 

The control switch is still my biggest complaint. Controlling the tanks is an adventure. Still not too sure about the way vehicles work as far as damage goes and shutting down now. Getting used to tiered reloading is interesting. I seem to run out of ammo a lot and barely anyone plays support, but that's nothing new really. 

bread's done
Back