GGT 225 doesn't want ActionKazimer to buy the WIIU he found on CraigsList

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Watch me learn Darkstalkers on the fly (video 1 of a couple I'll be posting)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqgecjMMQCs

I have yet to lose in Ranked or Quick match (7-0 in Ranked and about 15-0 in Quick) but I don't think I'm good at the game.[/QUOTE]
Your mistake was picking Jedah. You should see the matches where Frosty and I tried him. We both didn't do too well and I think he was the first character we both picked off the bat.

BFaw4AiCcAAjHT-.jpg:large

[quote name='ActionKazimer']Dude on Craigslist is selling a 32gb deluxe bundle with Nintendoland for $250. I think it's mostly the number that's tempting me at this point.[/QUOTE]

NO.

[quote name='whoknows']It also helped that there was no horrible boss fight at the end of 3.
When I think of worst boss fights ever the end of Uncharted 2 always comes to mind.[/QUOTE]

It was bad. It was really bad on hard. It was fucking infuriating (and I had to do it twice) on crushing.

Ugh. fuck HIM.

[quote name='dmaul1114']So far I'm liking the 2nd one a good bit more than the first. No stupid jet ski section, haven't had any random super hard fights I got stuck at for a long time yet etc. Maybe that will come though as I'm just past the first time you have to fight some of the natives in Shamballah (however it's spelled) and that was pretty tough.

[/QUOTE]

(1) I'm pretty sure Uncharted 2 was catered to gamers with similar tastes as you usually express, so of course you like it better than the first, which means you'll not like Uncharted 3 as much (or you'll hate it entirely).
(2) Not sure what difficulty you're playing on, but those fights with the fucking gorillas and Liquid Drake's men in Shambala? Some of the hardest shit ever in an Uncharted game if you play on anything above normal. Even on normal, those fights are annoying.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Waste of $250.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

[quote name='eldergamer']Yup. Oh, so it's only near the end of the game that everyone gets a sniper rifle in order to stop Drake? (Okay, one guy with a laser sight couldn't stop him. Now EVERYONE gets laser sights! Ha ha!)

The boss fight at the end of 2 isn't even a fight, really. You never attack him directly.

Yup. Drake is an Indy Jones expy. (Thanks TV Tropes!). The supernatural bad guys fit in fine with the first one, and even the plot that someone wanted to re-create them to use as an army.

I even forget what the deal with Yeti's were in 2 anyway. Explorers corrupted by Shambalah? Something like that. They looked like Yetis. Oh wait, there were Yetis and the Shambala citizens which were like tall purplish gorillas or something too, right?[/QUOTE]

Correct.
And while it's a played out pattern, games tend to find ways to ramp up the difficulty at the end to remain challenging once a player has learned and mastered the game's mechanics... this is why suddenly everyone's a laser sighted sniper, as stupid as it is.

And just because a boss fight doesn't involve direct attacks doesn't make it not a boss fight. ;)

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Watch me learn Darkstalkers on the fly (video 1 of a couple I'll be posting)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqgecjMMQCs

I have yet to lose in Ranked or Quick match (7-0 in Ranked and about 15-0 in Quick) but I don't think I'm good at the game.[/QUOTE]

I'm 2-0 in ranked... You have years of fighter training and probably a good amount of some version of SF2 as a basis. Combine that with things from other fighters I know you like (chains from UMvC3) and I'm pretty sure you'd be good even if you're playing it wrong.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Your mistake was picking Jedah. You should see the matches where Frosty and I tried him. We both didn't do too well and I think he was the first character we both picked off the bat.[/QUOTE]

Jedah is not the best entry character for a beginner, no matter how good he is. He's fucking complex and has a bunch of quirks that just taking him and trying to win is going to be a challenge. Even when Hank took Jedah, he got trounced. As cool as he is, to get good with him requires work (and probably checking out how to play him from people who have mastered him).

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Seriously, bro.

Just, no.

[/QUOTE]

Joel is exactly right. When it comes to that $250 WiiU on CL...
NO NO NO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Frosty, I agree with literally every single thing you're saying about Uncharted. I disliked so much about 2. Also, while I would like to learn to play Jedah, I'm too into Taliban and Laughy Tummy to put any sort of work into learning him.

Saints Row IV looks good to me, I actually wanted the ability to just turn on the super powers in SR3 and be able to just run around scewing with those, so this is basically my wish but in an entirely new game, She-Hulk is going to fit in perfectly.

[quote name='Indignate']Ooooooooooooooh.

I thought you were talking about the trailer.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='icebeast']You and me both Indignate.[/QUOTE]

If it has CheapyD in it and I can kill him with super powers, sure, I'll get it for

The double XP weekend will be a recurring event. This weekend will the be the first week and the following three weekends after that will also have double XP.

Also, the d/l size is about 18 gigs, it just installs larger than 25 gigs.

If any of you plan to play PM me, we get benefits if I send you an invite versus just you making your account (it totally just benefits me, but I will totally help you out if you do let me send the invite :D ).

Also the server to be on is The Bastion West Coast-PvP

[quote name='j-cart']SWTOR double XP starts this weekend!

Crotch, you should relearn your love for PvP...[/QUOTE]
It's also double XP weekend in Planetside 2. And I'll probably watch some SC2 streams from MLG. Someone in that group has to be good at HotS.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
(1) I'm pretty sure Uncharted 2 was catered to gamers with similar tastes as you usually express, so of course you like it better than the first, which means you'll not like Uncharted 3 as much (or you'll hate it entirely).

(2) Not sure what difficulty you're playing on, but those fights with the fucking gorillas and Liquid Drake's men in Shambala? Some of the hardest shit ever in an Uncharted game if you play on anything above normal. Even on normal, those fights are annoying.[/QUOTE]

1) Definitely. It's definitely aimed at a more casual gamer like me that likes good action, not overly difficulty and a decent story presentation.

Add in my love of cover based shooters (Gears and ME series are my favorite games this generation) and it's right up my alley.

I did enjoy the first one, so I'd guess I'd like the third one ok too--just maybe not as much as this one.

2) Normal of course. Its very rare for me to turn up the difficulty in games. I'm more apt to turn it down than up since I don't have much patience and don't care about trophies/achievements.

[quote name='MoCiWe']Ah, well that's definitely a good price....I got mine at launch, and have used it a fair amount in total. If you do end up going for it, Target has a B2G1 next week you could use on Monster Hunter (if you want both versions), and another Wii U game if you want any others.[/QUOTE]

B2G1 starts sunday, then the next week has $30 Sony Smash. :whistle2:k

Also, Rayman Origins is on sale on Steam for $6.79. I've seen mixed impressions here so I'm not sure whether I'll pull the trigger on it.

[quote name='BlueScrote']B2G1 starts sunday, then the next week has $30 Sony Smash. :whistle2:k

Also, Rayman Origins is on sale on Steam for $6.79. I've seen mixed impressions here so I'm not sure whether I'll pull the trigger on it.[/QUOTE]

Mixed impressions? It's the best 2D platformer since Super Mario World and SMB3, IMO. It's worth $20 easily. I've bought the game 3 4 times already. It's fucking good. GET IT.

Problem solved.

[quote name='dmaul1114']1) Definitely. It's definitely aimed at a more casual gamer like me that likes good action, not overly difficulty and a decent story presentation.

Add in my love of cover based shooters (Gears and ME series are my favorite games this generation) and it's right up my alley.

I did enjoy the first one, so I'd guess I'd like the third one ok too--just maybe not as much as this one.

2) Normal of course. Its very rare for me to turn up the difficulty in games. I'm more apt to turn it down than up since I don't have much patience and don't care about trophies/achievements.[/QUOTE]

(1) It's definitely more geared to be a shooter than what it started out as, which is one of my huge problems with it. I didn't like Uncharted because I wanted a cover based TPS. I liked it because it was like Indiana Jones... a better kind of Tomb Raider, perhaps. I liked the sense of exploration a bit and the feel of treasure hunting. Most of Uncharted 2 is geared toward "we're having major fights with the bad guys in various locations. shoot shoot shoot." Hell, given the amount of time they spent giving the game multiplayer, no wonder it's geared towards that. But for me? If I wanted cover-based TPS, I'll go play gears. I don't need Uncharted for it and it's not why I like the series. 3 is more like 1 than 2 is, at least with the option to do some sections in stealth and the story is much better, IMO.

(2) It's not always about the trophy or being casual. Some people might be okay with "press x to win", but I like things that are challenging to me or at least require a little bit of skill or effort... (read: not easy mode). So usually I'll play on the lowest difficulty a game has that is deemed to be "not easy" (example: lots of people were saying how easy "normal" was on MGR:R was before I got started ... so my first playthrough was on hard so I'd enjoy the game instead of being bored by how easy it was). God, the worst game I ever remember getting was some Genesis Street Figther ripoff. I found a broken move and had beaten it with no effort on the hardest difficulty 20 minutes after I got home and opened it. I was so disappointed. :lol:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Raymang Origins is fucking good. Get it.[/QUOTE]

Yup. It's a crime NOT to play it. :)

[quote name='corrosivefrost']It's not always about the trophy or being casual.[/QUOTE]

But with you Frosty it's almost always about the trophies. And with dmaul it's almost always about the casual.

[quote name='icebeast']But with you Frosty it's almost always about the trophies. And with dmaul it's almost always about the casual.[/QUOTE]

*sigh*
I feel like I need to make this disclaimer:

I'm not the kind of achievement whore that rented The Last Airbender to get 1000/1000 in 5 minutes. I will not play Hannah Montana's Magical Adventure for the platinum.

But if I decide to play a game, I usually *try* to get the trophies/achievements.
If I like a game (or if it's easy enough), I'll go for 100%.
If there's a challenging trophy/achievements in a game I love (see: MGR:R or Vanquish, currently), I'll work my ass off to get it.

But it's not all about the trophies/achievements.
I play Darkstalkers, for example, because it's fun. Will I try to get some of the trophies, sure.
Do I have the *need* to 100% it? No. Does that make me mad? Not really. (I saw some childish posting over on x360a where people were bitching about Darkstalkers, and fighters in general, having achievements for getting the trials/challenges done... throwing a fit because they couldn't get them and wouldn't be able to hit 100%... I found this sad. :|)

My point is more I can't count the number of times you've commented on the difficulty or more often the awfulness of a game due to acquiring some type of trophy in it; I'm not saying you farm stupidly easy games, but you certainly seem to play some fun games to the point of not enjoying them anymore. It's not like I'm saying that's a bad thing or anything but it isn't the standard viewpoint that a lot of gamers approach a game with. And dmaul is super casual, which also isn't a bad thing, but it gives him a very different viewpoint especially when it comes to game difficulty. It's just really funny watching someone who is extremely hardcore about getting trophies to the point of sometimes making games unfun, talking to a guy who plays games on the easiest settings without any care about trophies because that's how he has fun playing games.

Yeah. I've looked at Frost's trophy list. Its not a bunch of shitty games that he has platinums for.

And he's right. UC2 is the worst of the three.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']*sigh*

I'm not the kind of achievement whore that rented The Last Airbender to get 1000/1000 in 5 minutes. I will not play Hannah Montana's Magical Adventure for the platinum.

But if I decide to play a game, I usually *try* to get the trophies/achievements.
If there's a challenging trophy/achievements in a game I love (see: MGR:R or Vanquish, currently), I'll work my ass off to get it.

But it's not all about the trophies/achievements.
I play Darkstalkers, for example, because it's fun. Will I try to get some of the trophies, sure.
Do I have the *need* to 100% it? No. Does that make me mad? Not really. (I saw some childish posting over on x360a where people were bitching about Darkstalkers, and fighters in general, having achievements for getting the trials/challenges done... throwing a fit because they couldn't get them and wouldn't be able to hit 100%... I found this sad. :|)[/QUOTE]
I feel the same about trophies. But if a game like MGS4 gets them patched in after I already did everything that would've given me a plat, I'm going to forget about it just like the times I got plats and lost a couple because I didn't update them before my multiple fatty PS3s died.

[quote name='Indignate']Leda is getting her new tattoo today.

Be Excitebike.[/QUOTE]
She's getting closer and closer to being a Planescape Torment character. Just needs to start working on the scars.

[quote name='whoknows']Yeah. I've looked at Frost's trophy list. Its not a bunch of shitty games that he has platinums for.

And he's right. UC2 is the worst of the three.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='icebeast']My point is more I can't count the number of times you've commented on the difficulty or more often the awfulness of a game due to acquiring some type of trophy in it; I'm not saying you farm stupidly easy games, but you certainly seem to play some fun games to the point of not enjoying them anymore. It's not like I'm saying that's a bad thing or anything but it isn't the standard viewpoint that a lot of gamers approach a game with. And dmaul is super casual, which also isn't a bad thing, but it gives him a very different viewpoint especially when it comes to game difficulty. It's just really funny watching someone who is extremely hardcore about getting trophies to the point of sometimes making games unfun, talking to a guy who plays games on the easiest settings without any care about trophies because that's how he has fun playing games.[/QUOTE]

I don't know that dmaul is "super" casual... I think he just finds things I would consider challenging to be frustrating and avoids it. I have some personality tic where when I set my mind on something, I'm going to get it done... so when I played the Uncharted games or the Call of Duty games on the hardest difficulty for that last trophy/achievement I was missing, I was going to keep trying until I got it done, no matter how frustrating a few parts of it were, because I will ultimately get satisfaction out of it.

And that's fine... the only reason I asked is cause I remember the end of Uncharted 2 having some balls to the wall fights (fuck the boss battle on the train was bad too). And I did some speed runs to get rid of that game as fast as I could to get my money back on reselling it, so all the runs blurred together... still, I remember some damn room with a big open area and a tree and a river towards the end of Uncharted 2 that wasn't exactly easy on normal. :lol:

And yes... I have had achievements/trophies ruin some games. Like Shadows of the Damned. It was okay the first time through. I didn't mind it the second time through, but the game really showed it's flaws. By the third time through it was one of those "fuck, I already have the rest of the stuff, the completionist in me is going to be bothered if I don't finish it." and so I did. But now I really don't think Shadows of the Damned was a good game. :rofl:

[quote name='dohdough']I feel the same about trophies. But if a game like MGS4 gets them patched in after I already did everything that would've given me a plat, I'm going to forget about it just like the times I got plats and lost a couple because I didn't update them before my multiple fatty PS3s died.[/QUOTE]

I know someone who 100% burnout paradise before the patch... he didn't go back and play it again. I'm not sure I have either.

But as I only took 1 run through MGS4 and have been meaning to play it again? I might go for some trophies in that... plus they add variety or get you to do things you might not normally try for... and I like that. I mean, I got all of the skill points in Resistance and basically would've had a platinum in that game... so it's not just the actual trophy... I like working towards goals and stuff.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']trophies and achievements are the measuring stick
of any true gamer[/QUOTE]

It has nothing to do with that, at least for me.
I don't care about comparing trophies or achievements.
I just like getting/collecting/earning them. So I do.

[quote name='The Crotch']She's getting closer and closer to being a Planescape Torment character. Just needs to start working on the scars.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure she has plenty of emotional scars to make up for her lack of physical ones.

Used and abused.

[quote name='The Crotch']It's also double XP weekend in Planetside 2. And I'll probably watch some SC2 streams from MLG. Someone in that group has to be good at HotS.[/QUOTE]

But that is Planetside 2, this is lightsabers...

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Can't wait for double XP SWTOR!! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Do it!!

[quote name='panzerfaust']this gen is coming to a close and i still can't relate to anyone who pursues trophies.[/QUOTE]

That is because they can't relate to you on why you like FF13.

[quote name='Indignate']
They're just a ripoff of achievements.[/QUOTE]

That is like the truest statement you have ever written...

[quote name='CaptainJoel']How have we gotten so many new people lately?[/QUOTE]

Because you touch yourself at night.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']How have we gotten so many new people lately?[/QUOTE]
GGT got new people but it lost uraizan. =[

[quote name='mrspicytacoman'] sometimes late at night
I like to have conversations with myself in the ggt[/QUOTE]

Go touch yourself.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']*sigh*

If there's a challenging trophy/achievements in a game I love (see: MGR:R or Vanquish, currently), I'll work my ass off to get it. [/QUOTE]

I'm the same way. I mean, I do have like 3 or so games on my achievement list that were clearly for whoring. My friends and I refuse to do Avatar or Hannah Montana though. They aren't even fun.

I feel like getting all the achievements is one of the best ways to know I've done everything there is to do in the game. Well, some at least. Final Fantasy XIII's achievement list is a great example of this. Some lists are pretty fun, too. Fighters do tend to have annoying lists that include challenge modes or whatever, but not playing the game because of that? That's ridiculous.

[quote name='whoknows'] And he's right. UC2 is the worst of the three.[/QUOTE]

lolk.

bread's done
Back