MOH: Warfighter (PS3/360) $9.99 + FS @ GameFly

[quote name='nddave']Dont forget this is an EA game and requires an Online pass for multiplayer[/QUOTE]An online pass which comes with every used copy bought from Gamefly, guaranteed.

Edit: ^ Beaten to it. :razz:

I think used Gamefly games come with the online passes as well as any other extra codes new copies would have.

Depends on how much you can tolerate 3rd rate shooters I guess. And the fact that you can walk like 5 feet, triggering the next area and enemies will spawn behind you out of thin air is hilariously awful.

[quote name='Vigilante']Thanks for posting. FYI, you have the links backwards (PS3 link goes to the 360 version and vice-versa).[/QUOTE]

Fixed!

I played the multiplayer for a few hours the other day. It's hobo CoD, but I had fun with it.

One thing to be aware of... I'm not sure if these are the LE or not, but I played without the Zero Dark Thirty map pack that's free with the LE installed and was constantly getting booted back to the main menu for not having the maps. Really annoying.

[quote name='roundhouse']Depends on how much you can tolerate 3rd rate shooters I guess. And the fact that you can walk like 5 feet, triggering the next area and enemies will spawn behind you out of thin air is hilariously awful.[/QUOTE]

Never had this problem, or any other glitch for that matter, on PS3.

Beat the campaign in a couple nights, never touched multiplayer. It wasn't amazing but it's entertaining enough at this price.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']I played the multiplayer for a few hours the other day. It's hobo CoD, but I had fun with it.

One thing to be aware of... I'm not sure if these are the LE or not, but I played without the Zero Dark Thirty map pack that's free with the LE installed and was constantly getting booted back to the main menu for not having the maps. Really annoying.[/QUOTE]

I bought one from GF a few weeks ago and it was the LE version. Probably all GF's will be LE but that's just my guess. Is the zero dark thirty DLC just multiplayer?

[quote name='cancerman1120']hmmm to buy for the BF4 Beta?[/QUOTE]
Can't wait for 3/26 announcement!
[quote name='Greybeard']I bought one from GF a few weeks ago and it was the LE version. Probably all GF's will be LE but that's just my guess. Is the zero dark thirty DLC just multiplayer?[/QUOTE]
Zero dark thirty is just multiplayer DLC.
[quote name='FlyingAce39']Does it come with the original case/manual?[/QUOTE]
Yes.

To people on the fence, it was better than most of the haters make you think, though the cut scenes get way too close to uncanny valley for me. And if you're interested in bf4 these may have the beta code still, so for ten bucks it might be worth it to some people

[quote name='tuffguycore']To people on the fence, it was better than most of the haters make you think, though the cut scenes get way too close to uncanny valley for me. And if you're interested in bf4 these may have the beta code still, so for ten bucks it might be worth it to some people[/QUOTE]

Haters? Go to metacritic and look at the scores. Universally this games was criticized on so many levels

[quote name='oasisboy']Haters? Go to metacritic and look at the scores. Universally this games was criticized on so many levels[/QUOTE]

I mean people who haven't played and base it off of YouTube videos. Plus I don't really worry about critic reviews usually I like to judge games for myself usually.

Was the main campaign anywhere near as good as the original MOH game? This is the first that I've read from you guys here who actually liked the campaign of Warfighter. The original MOH campaign is awesome!

[quote name='blindinglights']Never had this problem, or any other glitch for that matter, on PS3.

Beat the campaign in a couple nights, never touched multiplayer. It wasn't amazing but it's entertaining enough at this price.[/QUOTE]

Generally I'm one to point to metacritic scores, but I don't really agree with the trashing this game received, or rather, I don't understand how this got trashed and CoD got solid marks. The reviews I read say "well, it does have solid mechanics, but it's the same old tired game." That's certainly true: if you are sick of these linear FPS games then you certainly won't enjoy this... I just don't see how critics hated that kind of gameplay in MoH but loved it in BLOPS 2.

If it's your kind of game, I'd say it's definitely worth a shot for $10.

I do refer to Metacritics for information about a game that I may be interested in. I look at both the critics' average score and the users' average score, which are very help to me. Take Aliens Colonial Marines, the newly released game for example, Metacritic was spot on that piece of $hit.

[quote name='iamsmart']Generally I'm one to point to metacritic scores, but I don't really agree with the trashing this game received, or rather, I don't understand how this got trashed and CoD got solid marks. The reviews I read say "well, it does have solid mechanics, but it's the same old tired game." That's certainly true: if you are sick of these linear FPS games then you certainly won't enjoy this... I just don't see how critics hated that kind of gameplay in MoH but loved it in BLOPS 2.

If it's your kind of game, I'd say it's definitely worth a shot for $10.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='iamsmart']Generally I'm one to point to metacritic scores, but I don't really agree with the trashing this game received, or rather, I don't understand how this got trashed and CoD got solid marks. The reviews I read say "well, it does have solid mechanics, but it's the same old tired game." That's certainly true: if you are sick of these linear FPS games then you certainly won't enjoy this... I just don't see how critics hated that kind of gameplay in MoH but loved it in BLOPS 2.

If it's your kind of game, I'd say it's definitely worth a shot for $10.[/QUOTE]

This is how I feel. I don't really enjoy multiplayer and I was sick of the hamfisted narrative that call of duty always presents so for ten dollars(15 when I originally bought it) it was a good run through as long as you aren't expecting some kind of open world terrorist shooting gallery.

[quote name='Greybeard']I bought one from GF a few weeks ago and it was the LE version. Probably all GF's will be LE but that's just my guess. Is the zero dark thirty DLC just multiplayer?[/QUOTE]
Dang they did not send me a LE....

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']I wouldn't play this shit, but would pay $10 for beta[/QUOTE]

Multiplayer was not very good, but graphics and campaign was amazing! Getting a copy for ps3!

Really tempting as I've heard multiplayer is solid. My fear is it'll be empty as people either move back to CoD, or not buy it because of metacritic reviews. I'm also loving Battlefield 3 so not having vehicles wiuld be a step back for me.
Reviews are decent to look at but its best to make your own decision. Otherwise if we all went by metacritic you'd think Mass effect and halo 4 were the best games around.

[quote name='tuffguycore']I mean people who haven't played and base it off of YouTube videos. Plus I don't really worry about critic reviews usually I like to judge games for myself usually.[/QUOTE]

This is generally how I am. Reviews are pointless and dumb. No one else can predict what I will like. I play a lot of games that supposedly have "bad reviews or metacritic" scores and they are actually good.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I ordered a copy since at this price it is obviously worth it if you like shooters.

[quote name='Investor']Was the main campaign anywhere near as good as the original MOH game? This is the first that I've read from you guys here who actually liked the campaign of Warfighter. The original MOH campaign is awesome![/QUOTE]

I liked the first MoH that came out a few years ago. I didn't like the one in MoH:W. It was very mediocre, and there were no memorable moments at all. Could've been made by a no name amateur studio and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

But for $10....you guys can decide for yourself.

If you're a FPS fan and aren't slavishly devoted to COW or BF, give it a shot. As a single player campaign, it's at least worth a one shot play thru when it's only $10.

[quote name='ultramanJ']Really tempting as I've heard multiplayer is solid. My fear is it'll be empty as people either move back to CoD, or not buy it because of metacritic reviews. I'm also loving Battlefield 3 so not having vehicles wiuld be a step back for me.
Reviews are decent to look at but its best to make your own decision. Otherwise if we all went by metacritic you'd think Mass effect and halo 4 were the best games around.[/QUOTE]

I played a fair bit of the multiplayer since launch, and I'd say it would be solid if it wasn't so goddamn glitchy, plus the menus are HORRIBLE. The campaign isn't as good as the first one but definitely worth $10 if you like dudebro FPS.

I put a review up a while ago on my blog. /shamelessplug

bread's done
Back