Photo
- - - - -

New Best Buy Clearance Starting 3/17 (YMMV in Stores)- LIVE ONLINE NOW!

• Please log in to reply
990 replies to this topic

#601 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:04 AM

Xcom question:

I got the last copy of Xcom ps3 from my local store with the sticker "Includes the Elite Sodier Pack." The rest of the copies didn't have the sticker. I don't remember xcom having first-run limited edition copies so I'm a bit confused.

Is the "elite soldier pack" really limited to copies with the sticker or does every copy come with it?

The pack-in code is limited to those with the sticker ie first print run. The pack can be purchased seperately for $5.

#602 RussellC

RussellC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:47 AM

Bought Saints Row 3 and Pikmin 2. Entered the code for SR3's online pass and it let me download Saints Row 2 as well. This deal just got better!

#603 diishen

diishen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

for those in WA:

grabbed the last Xcom left on shelf in Burlington, WA (Bellingham was out, but had plenty of ACIII and Halo 4 CE guides, not much of anything else) which also had 4x Pikmin 2 and several DS2, Halo 4 CE guides left by the end of the day
Posted Image

#604 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

Pikmin 2 back in stock. Just ordered one. Shows out of stock in search results but in stock on the product page. Winning!
www.bighugenerd.com

#605 Jasonlydon

Jasonlydon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

Pikmin 2 back in stock. Just ordered one. Shows out of stock in search results but in stock on the product page. Winning!

Thanks for this, just got an order in.

#606 SackAttack

SackAttack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

Heh. Got yoinked out of my cart as I was ordering. Oh well.

#607 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

Picked up Pokemon Rumble Blast (:3ds:), Rayman Origins (:3ds:) and Dragon Age II (:360:).

There were TONS of copies of Dragon Age 2 at my local Best Buy. (Maybe about 20)

Got the only copy of Pokemon and got one of the last 3 of Rayman. Paid 3.xx out of pocket with a $20 RZC.

xivpads.png

#608 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

Sweet got in on Pikmin. Thanks for the heads up, y'all.

#609 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

u do know once microsoft announces their new console, you will see those deals for the 360. the reason why so many ps3 games are being cleared out from bby is because the ps4 is a certainty, until something is announced, the retail store will not begin to remove stock.

this explains why tekken tag tournament 2 for the ps3 is not an active item at bby anymore, whereas the 360 version seems to be.

That's a good point

#610 shiningslade

shiningslade

Master Of Pinball

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

Look at this reseller, at least take the sticker off asshole!
http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f233f6947
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=93861"
Last Updated on 11/11/06
http://www.cheapassg...005#post8226005
Guides For Trade/Sale Updated 3/3/11

#611 shiningslade

shiningslade

Master Of Pinball

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

Double post
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=93861"
Last Updated on 11/11/06
http://www.cheapassg...005#post8226005
Guides For Trade/Sale Updated 3/3/11

#612 evuong

evuong

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

Calibur11 vault is back in stock

#613 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

Calibur11 vault is back in stock

Not Available for Shipping

And none available anywhere locally.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#614 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

Not Available for Shipping

And none available anywhere locally.

It was like that for a long time from the last summer blowout sale when it was $15. I would like them to bring back gears of war, but I got lucky when this pop back up with free shipping. Keep a eye on it and it may change.

#615 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

You should all check best buy's Facebook page. They have a clearance sale post and the quality of posts is hilarious. Too much love for amazon with your typical "I go to best buy to look and then amazon to buy it" or "clearance sale?, are you going out of business" and "customer service sucks ass" or "I couldn't return a product so Fuck you".

I thought GameStop haters were bad , these guys are much worse.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#616 Manifest95

Manifest95

Every Dollar Counts!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

Look at this reseller, at least take the sticker off asshole!
http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f233f6947

Well to his defense, he is offering free shipping. So by the time it ships, eBay take thier fees, and then Paypal take THIER fees, he is probably only making $5 off the game if that.

Edited by Manifest95, 18 March 2013 - 02:32 PM.
I don't know how to spell.

Posted Image

#617 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

Well to his defense, he is offering free shipping. So by the time it ships, eBay take there fees, and then Paypal take THIER fees, he is probably only making $5 of the game if that.

Yep.

#618 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:09 PM

You should all check best buy's Facebook page. They have a clearance sale post and the quality of posts is hilarious. Too much love for amazon with your typical "I go to best buy to look and then amazon to buy it" or "clearance sale?, are you going out of business" and "customer service sucks ass" or "I couldn't return a product so Fuck you".

You should see the posts about the Reward Zone surveys. Talk about a bunch of entitled cry-babies. It really makes you weep for the future of this country, knowing these people exist.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#619 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

:fridge:

I'm as dissapointed as anybody that I missed all the games on my list and can find nothing but a lame crappy Pokemon spinoff. But really, $5 for Pikmin 2? That wasn't going to last, and everyone should know it. I hate that I miss it, and I really wish Best Buy would start a "limit one per customer" rule on these sales like they did with WiiU's launch, but I don't have any ill-will towards Best Buy (still my favorite retailer by far). I just wish policies would be put in place to stop El Hoardo, reading in this very thread about how people walked out with 3 or 4 copies of Pikmin 2 does indeed piss me off. :boxing:

Still, I am questiong this "clearance sale" in that there are far older games like Twilight Princess, Dead Space, and Arkham Asylum that are still being sold. Why are titles as new as Starhawk, Kirby's Mass Attack, and Pikmin 2 being cleared out? Surely AA/DS/TP aren't still selling tons of titles?

Edit: The stock on the website JUST went from "Out of Stock" to "available in 5-7 days". But the OP says this won't be restocked? It processed my order, should I expect a cancellation or is there any chance this will actually go through?

Edited by rcerboss, 18 March 2013 - 02:25 PM.

http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#620 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

You should see the posts about the Reward Zone surveys. Talk about a bunch of entitled cry-babies. It really makes you weep for the future of this country, knowing these people exist.

Then we got people like you crying about the other cry babies. :drool:

#621 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

Then we got people like you crying about the other cry babies. :drool:

So people cannot complain about the feeling of entitlement some have? I hope you were being sarcastic.:roll:
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#622 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

Thanks OP, will check tomorrow on these prices. Finally can pick up NBA Baller Beats and MLB The Show 12 to play with my vita :)

Ordered a copy of NBA Baller Beats. I almost bought it when it was $19.99. Now I can have a basketball when I want to hoop during the summer. Thanks OP!

#623 proKoyeon

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:17 PM

Ordered a copy of NBA Baller Beats. I almost bought it when it was $19.99. Now I can have a basketball when I want to hoop during the summer. Thanks OP!

I actually use that basketball, if anyone needs one I'd recommend buying it just for that...lol

#624 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

I actually use that basketball, if anyone needs one I'd recommend buying it just for that...lol

Lol, thanks for that! I might even play the game too since I love music-rhythm games. I can't wait to see my coworker's faces when I leave with all of that loot today.

NBA Baller Beats
Assassin Creed Guide
Halo 4 Guide
Dragon's Dogma
Doom BFG PC $10
And two of the Vita accessories, lol.

#625 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

I was curious about the ball myself. I assumed it was a cheap plastic "Walmart" type ball. If it's decent I may give it a look.

#626 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

I wish they would have had more pikmin 2 stock, but I guess thats why its a clearance...I feel like sometimes they have these megasales on rare games just to get you into the store :)

#627 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

Yesterday I went to my local BB, picked up my in store pickup of adventure time and an AC3 guide. They didn't have any xcom in stock but the guy at gaming went ahead and ordered me one to ship (probably from the wearhouse since the online has been sold out) and this morning got the confirmation that it shipped with a tracking number!

Awesome sale again from BB and awesome customer service since I didn't have to waste the gas to go to another BB to pick up xcom.

Also went home decided to use a $5 cert on the halo guide. Can't deny that $2.18 after tax for a well done hard cover is another solid deal.

If others are trying to get xcom the same way I did YMMV since stock is probably much lower but it might be possible.

#628 mabuhay13

mabuhay13

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

Always, always, ALWAYS check in-store on anything clearance and/or otherwise. The store locator is unreliable when updating stock.

#629 tingram83

tingram83

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

Anyone have luck trying to get BB to match Target on the clearance plus B2G1? I was able to do it at Target but called BB store and was told no. Just wondering it is worth it for me to run to the store and see if they would honor this for my receipt from yesterday?

#630 supergamekh1

supergamekh1

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

I'm so pissed off that saints row the third for 360 isn't $10, oh well guess I'll try out darksiders 2