Photo
- - - - -

New Best Buy Clearance Starting 3/17 (YMMV in Stores)- LIVE ONLINE NOW!

• Please log in to reply
990 replies to this topic

#901 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:16 AM

There's a weekend sale now with a few new discounts:

wii u basic : $250
zombi u: $40
kirby return to dreamland: $30
prototype 2: $4.99
a few others

#902 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:34 AM

Well you are right since that list has games that are either games people didnt care for as much, mass produced games, or games we were waiting for the sweet price range. The only one that doesnt make sense is Xcom on ps3. I mean it just came out less than 6 months ago. Why would it be on the chopping block for the ps3 version?

A lot of games hit low prices, at least on sale, after 6 months. Particularly ones that barely managed 100K units on release. XCOM might be doing well on digital/PC sales, but I haven't seen one report yet that indicates it did well on consoles.

#903 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:46 AM

There's a weekend sale now with a few new discounts:

wii u basic : $250
zombi u: $40
kirby return to dreamland: $30
prototype 2: $4.99
a few others

Aw hell yeah! I'd much rather have the Collector's Edition of any game, but $5 is the insta-pounce price for just about any decent game. Prototype 2, here I come! THANK YOU.

I'd love Return to Dreamland but should probably just keep the $30 for now... alas

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#904 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:51 AM

Traded in my Aliens: Cornhole Marines for $22 (100% TIB Baby!) and picked up Darksiders 2 for $15. Still have $5 left over. Now that was a pimp decision.

Depends on how much you paid for aliens.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#905 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:31 AM

Need more Clearanced Games. :lol:

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#906 KnightRobby

KnightRobby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:51 AM

Thanks Scottman! Just ordered Prototype 2. I only got to rent it from GameFly and I did honestly enjoy it for what it was. To me, it was a lot of mindless fun and I really enjoyed the combat as well. So this is a great deal imo.

Any other awesome deals like this? I'm big into open-world games, like Saint's Row, etc.

And yes, definitely need more clearanced games!
NOTE: WebQuad Out On eBay!
Posted Image

#907 deathfromace

deathfromace

Sega Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:58 AM

Well you are right since that list has games that are either games people didnt care for as much, mass produced games, or games we were waiting for the sweet price range. The only one that doesnt make sense is Xcom on ps3. I mean it just came out less than 6 months ago. Why would it be on the chopping block for the ps3 version?

I can only really speak to what I've seen at my store and it's that people bought the game when it first came out then no one has touched them for the past few months. I personally loved Xcom and when people are looking for a game I recommend it but few people I've talked to want a game like it and just want a shooter. Could just be that genre is mostly on PC and a vast majority of people that know what the game is already bought it on console or just bought it on PC as PC has had it on sale already...hell I got it for 17 bucks on GMG with a steam code.

Trade List - http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330011

All the Sega games I own. Box 16,17,18 (updated 6/13/2014) - https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

#908 TKSJOHN

TKSJOHN

The Dumpster Diver!

• Silenced

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

Went to pick up baller beats, but the price went up to $29.99, oh well. I also did not know Prototype 2 was $4.99, or else I would have got a copy for 360!

#909 Bount

Bount

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

Just got back from Best Buy and had a print out of SR3 from Monday when it was 9.99. I tried using the stock locator during the week and it said "Unavailable" everywhere so I didn't bother. Went in today to try and find Prototype 2 for $5 but instead found a copy of SR3: The Full Package and had them price match no problem. Super YMMV, but it might be helpful for someone to post a screenshot of the website so some of us can print out when it's uncertain that we can use the "Pick Up at Store" option when inventory counts seem to be off.

#910 TKSJOHN

TKSJOHN

The Dumpster Diver!

• Silenced

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

Just got back from Best Buy and had a print out of SR3 from Monday when it was 9.99. I tried using the stock locator during the week and it said "Unavailable" everywhere so I didn't bother. Went in today to try and find Prototype 2 for $5 but instead found a copy of SR3: The Full Package and had them price match no problem. Super YMMV, but it might be helpful for someone to post a screenshot of the website so some of us can print out when it's uncertain that we can use the "Pick Up at Store" option when inventory counts seem to be off.

Do you happen to have a screen shot for baller beats?!

#911 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

I did a store pickup for 2 prototype and spiderman. Bestbuy sent me an email that the items were ready to pick up. I went to the store and after waiting 30 minutes while they looked all over the store they told me they couldn't find them, they told me they were "lost". I said fine i've been waiting for too long I have to go can you please just cancel my order. (I'd rather pay full price for the games then wait any longer). The guy said ok and then typed some stuff in the computer. 2 receipts came out and he quickly hid them under the desk, I thought that was weird but he told me that the order was canceled. I said ok well do you have a cancellation receipt or anything? Hoping that one of the receipts that came out was proof I would be refunded. He told me no but I should get a cancellation email within 24 hours. As I was walking away I checked my phone to see if I received anything and i saw I got an email from bestbuy saying my order was picked up! I was like woah wait it says I picked up the order how can that be? He said oh sorry I must have pushed the wrong button? I think he did that on purpose so that the store would not look bad for losing the order. He called some bestbuy number to try to get me refunded and he said they told him they can't do anything until tomorrow because it hasn't registered in the system yet?

Anyone know what I should do? I don't have the games, bestbuy thinks I picked up the order and I have no proof otherwise. I tried calling bestbuy 1-888 number and they told me I had to work it out with the store tomorrow. Is there anyway to complain about the store? My store is constantly having store pickup problems and I have no idea who to complain to. I'm sort of annoyed not only that they didn't have the games but that they processed the order so their store wouldn't look bad and then they lied to me.

Edited by jrr6415sun, 22 March 2013 - 09:46 PM.

#912 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

Went in to buy Baller Beats yesterday, basically for the ball, and it rang up $29.99 so I showed the guy the $9.99 sign so he switched the price to $9.99

#913 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

I did a store pickup for 2 prototype and spiderman. Bestbuy sent me an email that the items were ready to pick up. I went to the store and after waiting 30 minutes while they looked all over the store they told me they couldn't find them, they told me they were "lost". I said fine i've been waiting for too long I have to go can you please just cancel my order. (I'd rather pay full price for the games then wait any longer). The guy said ok and then typed some stuff in the computer. 2 receipts came out and he quickly hid them under the desk, I thought that was weird but he told me that the order was canceled. I said ok well do you have a cancellation receipt or anything? Hoping that one of the receipts that came out was proof I would be refunded. He told me no but I should get a cancellation email within 24 hours. As I was walking away I checked my phone to see if I received anything and i saw I got an email from bestbuy saying my order was picked up! I was like woah wait it says I picked up the order how can that be? He said oh sorry I must have pushed the wrong button? I think he did that on purpose so that the store would not look bad for losing the order. He called some bestbuy number to try to get me refunded and he said they told him they can't do anything until tomorrow because it hasn't registered in the system yet?

Anyone know what I should do? I don't have the games, bestbuy thinks I picked up the order and I have no proof otherwise. I tried calling bestbuy 1-888 number and they told me I had to work it out with the store tomorrow. Is there anyway to complain about the store? My store is constantly having store pickup problems and I have no idea who to complain to. I'm sort of annoyed not only that they didn't have the games but that they processed the order so their store wouldn't look bad and then they lied to me.

Wow that employee deserves to be fired.
tl

#914 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

You didn't ask to speak to a supervisor on-site? That guy should have been canned for that. The fact that he lied to you and the receipts are there without your signature is enough.

#915 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:08 PM

You didn't ask to speak to a supervisor on-site? That guy should have been canned for that. The fact that he lied to you and the receipts are there without your signature is enough.

I should have, but I was already in the store waiting for so long I had other things I had to do. I didn't have time to wait for the supervisor to come who knows how long that would have taken. With how slow everything was going it easily could have been another 15 minutes. Also I saw the supervisor try to help him find the games so he knew what was going on which for some reason I thought maybe the supervisor told him to process the order as picked up. I didn't know if the supervisor would be able to tell me any more than what he told me that I had to wait 24 hours for the order to register? I'm sure if I would have asked for the supervisor the employee would have just told him he made a mistake anyway.

I don't know my bestbuy is shady and I don't know if I feel like shopping there anymore. I would like to be able to report/complain to BB about this but calling the 1-888 # didn't do anything.

#916 darken

darken

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

It kind of seems like he purposely did all that to keep your merchandise for himself. He probably hid the games somewhere in the back (his locker).

#917 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

I should have, but I was already in the store waiting for so long I had other things I had to do. I didn't have time to wait for the supervisor to come who knows how long that would have taken. With how slow everything was going it easily could have been another 15 minutes. Also I saw the supervisor try to help him find the games so he knew what was going on which for some reason I thought maybe the supervisor told him to process the order as picked up. I didn't know if the supervisor would be able to tell me any more than what he told me that I had to wait 24 hours for the order to register? I'm sure if I would have asked for the supervisor the employee would have just told him he made a mistake anyway.

I don't know my bestbuy is shady and I don't know if I feel like shopping there anymore. I would like to be able to report/complain to BB about this but calling the 1-888 # didn't do anything.

http://forums.bestbu.../Gaming-Support
^Make a thread on that forum, and a BB connector from corporate will help you out.

P.S. It's Friday so you might not get a response until Monday.

#918 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

It kind of seems like he purposely did all that to keep your merchandise for himself. He probably hid the games somewhere in the back (his locker).

Even if that was not his initial intention and they truly couldn't find the games, he can now keep them if they do show up. I mean they're paid for, picked up and everything.

#919 darken

darken

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

Definitely call BB, email them, and post on their forum. If you go to the specific store's website, you can email the store manager to complain. Lastly, contact your credit card company/bank if nothing else works.
Posted Image

#920 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

Did you at least get those pick up receipts?

#921 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

Thanks scottman for the heads-up, picked up Kirby's Return to Dream land for only $5 + tax after the $25 Reward zone certs earned from the free FB app. Feels good to buy that game after waiting so long...

#922 Bount

Bount

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

Do you happen to have a screen shot for baller beats?!

Sorry man. Only printed SR3 and XCOM.

#923 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

well i called the bestbuy just now and asked to speak to the manager. The manager said he wasn't aware of any problems and that there wasn't any notes or instructions about my order. He also said the person that helped me went home for the day.. so now I think i'm screwed. I guess i should have talked to the manager while i was there, my mistake. I dont have any receipts but I didnt sign any pickup receipt either, unless he forged my signature

#924 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:56 PM

Wait and see if u get a email that says if u pick it up. it should pop up within a day. That sounds like the bb guy try to pull something. U could have just refuse pickup and let it drag 7 days and the system would auto cancel after 7 days. Let us know what happens. If u get the email that u did pick up go talk to lp. Video will have evidence showing u when u try to pick it up and left empty handed.

#925 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

well i called the bestbuy just now and asked to speak to the manager. The manager said he wasn't aware of any problems and that there wasn't any notes or instructions about my order. He also said the person that helped me went home for the day.. so now I think i'm screwed. I guess i should have talked to the manager while i was there, my mistake. I dont have any receipts but I didnt sign any pickup receipt either, unless he forged my signature

I would call the manager back immediately and tell him that you believe the employee was engaged in fraud and theft. They have surveillance cameras all over the store, so you should tell the manager you want to come down and see the footage showing your transaction. This is a very serious situation as that employee literally stole from you.

#926 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:48 AM

Wait and see if u get a email that says if u pick it up. it should pop up within a day. That sounds like the bb guy try to pull something. U could have just refuse pickup and let it drag 7 days and the system would auto cancel after 7 days. Let us know what happens. If u get the email that u did pick up go talk to lp. Video will have evidence showing u when u try to pick it up and left empty handed.

I believe he stated he received the "picked up" email while he was still in the store. This is how he knows the CS rep did not cancel his order, but rather processed it as the customer picked it up. Hence the two receipts the CS rep was trying to hide.

#927 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:51 AM

call the BBB. i know people here will say the BBB cant do jack shit to a company but i was told i was going to get 10 bucks for some reason best buy Fuck up my order... 4 months went by and i was kept telling you will get that 10 bucks sooner or later.... I called up the BBB and filed a report 48 hours later i had a 10 buck best buy gift card fed ex next day ....
WOOOO I STINK

#928 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:53 AM

I would call the manager back immediately and tell him that you believe the employee was engaged in fraud and theft. They have surveillance cameras all over the store, so you should tell the manager you want to come down and see the footage showing your transaction. This is a very serious situation as that employee literally stole from you.

I truly believe the CS rep (and other employees) really could not find the games and that the rep made a mistake with the pick up and not cancelling the order...but I believe the mistake could have been reversed by a manager. Correct me if I'm wrong on the latter.

#929 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:59 AM

The bastards gave me pokemon rumble instead of rabbids rumble the other day, I got a $5 giftcard out of it but it was a pain to deal with. If I didn't already have Pokemon Rumble I would have kept it and I didn't know anybody that would want it.

I don't think they can cancel a store pickup at the store, I would have been livid if that was me.

#930 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:07 AM

The bastards gave me pokemon rumble instead of rabbids rumble the other day, I got a $5 giftcard out of it but it was a pain to deal with. If I didn't already have Pokemon Rumble I would have kept it and I didn't know anybody that would want it.

I don't think they can cancel a store pickup at the store, I would have been livid if that was me.

Wait, how does that happen? Dont they look at the paper title to see it match?