(DEAD) Best Buy Avengers Blu-ray 3D Exclusive Set $19.99 - In Store Only

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#91 batman1939

batman1939

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:24 AM

Thanks for the heads up OP. Just ran and grabbed one from the store by my house.

I'm never going to use this sideshow card, basically because of the high prices on the eligible items, if anyone wants my code:

Spoiler

Thanks for the code. Looks racist if you only look at middle of the code. "People that annoy you."
Spoiler

#92 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:37 AM

Um, what is the $30 (card/coupon) thing inside the marvel set use for? Is it like a gift card or something?

#93 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:49 AM

I opened this last night and was also very impressed by the high quality/durable feel of everything included.

Saix, you're right- the code cannot be stacked, and I too was initially disappointed that it appears you can only use it on cheap toys or super expensive figures when I initially went to the webpage listed on the gift card. However, you actually have several more options than what is listed if you go to the webpage listed on the gift card.

If you look on the left side of the Sideshow page, it shows two current filters for search results: "Gift Card Eligible" and "Marvel." If you get rid of the "Marvel" filter, you'll see that the amount of items eligible for your gift card goes up from 25 to 107. Maybe you already knew about this, but I was pleasantly surprised when I realized this and then saw this figure as eligible: http://www.sideshowt...earnmore_901809

I think the pictures of it on Sideshow make it look like absolute garbage, so I Googled it to read some reviews and see some other pictures of it, and it looked MUCH nicer than Sideshow's pictures on EVERY other site I found, and the reviews I read were very favorable. It's still a little pricey even after applying the gift card to its price (it came to $43.42 total for me after applying the gift card but adding over $13 for shipping), but I was glad to find something to use the gift card on that wasn't cheap Lego's or $300 collectibles.

Plus, I love the irony of spending an Avengers-marked gift card on a Batman figure! :)

Nice post on that batman. That looks sick, but is there any real pictures in 360? Also, so from reading it sounds like you cant apply two ($30) promo codes in your account? Is that correct?

Does anyone know how amazon trade in works? Like when it says ,new, like new, good. Does new and like new mean the item most be sealed to get full trade in?

#94 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:53 AM

Nice post on that batman. That looks sick, but is there any real pictures in 360? Also, so from reading it sounds like you cant apply two ($30) promo codes in your account? Is that correct?

Does anyone know how amazon trade in works? Like when it says ,new, like new, good. Does new and like new mean the item most be sealed to get full trade in?

When I was doing my trade-in of the regular Blu-Ray combo earlier I read the "new" description as it must be sealed with original packaging. I submitted mine as like new instead since I've watched the movie a couple times. Going to see how the set I pick up from BB looks tomorrow since I'm really only interested in the extras.

#95 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:55 AM

When I was doing my trade-in of the regular Blu-Ray combo earlier I read the "new" description as it must be sealed with original packaging. I submitted mine as like new instead since I've watched the movie a couple times. Going to see how the set I pick up from BB looks tomorrow since I'm really only interested in the extras.

If yours is the one with the yellow cover, then its the same inside the box.

#96 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:04 AM

I was waiting for you to check in on this one!

I was going to text you to ask if you can check that store... nevermind now!

Ha yeah man, zilch! Supposedly best buys in Brooklyn had stock. Called them and nothing available. Looks like NYC area is sold out. Dang!

#97 Raider209

Raider209

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:05 AM

Got 2 one for me and a gift thanks op!

#98 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:16 AM

If yours is the one with the yellow cover, then its the same inside the box.

Yeah, just noticed that. I bought the regular Blu-Ray combo at release from the Disney Store for their lithos/gift card.

#99 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:58 AM

Um, what is the $30 (card/coupon) thing inside the marvel set use for? Is it like a gift card or something?

It is a giftcard for Sideshow Collectibles.

#100 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:20 AM

It is more of a coupon code than a gift card IMO.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#101 mike568

mike568

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:53 AM

I broke my rule of not buying a Disney movie until they join Ultra-Violet. I bought one for me to keep and to sell to my boss at cost (not for profit) since he really likes The Avengers merchandise.

#102 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

Man these things are flooding ebay. I see some going for only $29.99 with like 3 hrs leWouldnt it be better off to hold it until the next upcoming movie?

#103 cbulas1

cbulas1

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

You can find lots of pics of it online, but there are several good ones here: http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=47614.

You are correct- you cannot apply two promo codes on one order. I tried to apply the $30 Avengers code and a $10 code that was emailed to me just for signing up for their newsletter, but it only applies the coupon code you most recently entered and they cannot be stacked.

I selected Good on Amazon's trade-in. My copy definitely wasn't New; it seems like it fit the Like New description, but I decided against taking any risk of them sending it back to me since Like New only had a $1 trade-in value higher than Good!

But holy crap- the trade-in value for New on Amazon has jumped up to almost $18! That's even more incentive for someone to buy the exclusive BBY set even if they already own the 3D Blu-Ray!

#104 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

You can find lots of pics of it online, but there are several good ones here: http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=47614.

You are correct- you cannot apply two promo codes on one order. I tried to apply the $30 Avengers code and a $10 code that was emailed to me just for signing up for their newsletter, but it only applies the coupon code you most recently entered and they cannot be stacked.

I selected Good on Amazon's trade-in. My copy definitely wasn't New; it seems like it fit the Like New description, but I decided against taking any risk of them sending it back to me since Like New only had a $1 trade-in value higher than Good!

But holy crap- the trade-in value for New on Amazon has jumped up to almost $18! That's even more incentive for someone to buy the exclusive BBY set even if they already own the 3D Blu-Ray!

Thanks for the link. I didnt know you can move the legs/arms. I kind of like it, but the face. I just dont know. Catwoman looks good too. It sucks that the codes dont stack and no free shipping on min. orders.

#105 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

Went to three Bb's to find this damn set. The last one I went to had 10+ on top of a cardboard display for The Hobbit right in front of the entrance door. I was also able to pick up Zero Dark 30 steelbook which I also couldn't find at the first two Bb's. It was about an 1 1/2 hours of frustration.

Posted Image

I am currently playing the following games-
Xbox 360- Gears of War Judgment

I am currently watching the following shows -
Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -
The Wheel of Time/A Memory of Light- Robert Jordan

#106 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

Thats what I'm doing, trading in the new/sealed copy from the BB set and keeping my used 3d copy I got for 20 from amazon at launch.

#107 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

Thats what I'm doing, trading in the new/sealed copy from the BB set and keeping my used 3d copy I got for 20 from amazon at launch.

Did the regular edition of 3D bluray, bluray, dvd & digital copy come with the digital soundtrack? I know the Best Buy version has it listed on the top of packaging. Just saying if you want the soundtrack.

#108 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

Did the regular edition of 3D bluray, bluray, dvd & digital copy come with the digital soundtrack? I know the Best Buy version has it listed on the top of packaging. Just saying if you want the soundtrack.

Its the exact same package, same upc. Also my $30 (card/coupon) Sideshow Collectibles is up for trade if anyone is interested in it.

#109 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

Its the exact same package, same upc. Also my $30 (card/coupon) Sideshow Collectibles is up for trade if anyone is interested in it.

Ok I just have this set so I didn't know if the soundtrack was just for this set. Glad to hear people can upgrade for next to nothing.

#110 leichstein

leichstein

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

Managed to nab myself one of these. The BB I went to had 5. It's a smaller store that less people go to so it's easier to find hard-to-find items.

#111 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:29 AM

Well, the copy I had placed on hold yesterday for pickup tonight was gone when I got to BB, but there were 2 more in-store. First one I found on top of a display for the Hobbit and was somewhat beat-up, was debating on it as I walked around the store and then found another in mint condition with some tv season collections! Rang up $19.99, what a deal! This was at the Nashua, NH Best Buy.

#112 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:36 AM

I really dislike the a-hole from the Milwaukee area who happened to buy all of the copies from every BB in the area.

I was considering getting one and just selling off the 3d Combo Pack since I already have the Target version with the extra disc and a lenticular slipcover to spare... I hope he makes virtually NO money on reselling them and I'm sure it will be difficult to make anything after doing the math: paying $19.99+tax and (if lucky) selling for $29.99-shipping, eBay/PayPal fees works out pretty much as a wash considering the weight of the set.

Karma can be a beotch!

#113 Trojann

Trojann

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:00 AM

Noob here, How do you trade it into Amazon? Do they give you a amazon credit or money?

Edit: I saw over 15 of these box sets last weekend I called my Best Buy and they where bone dry, I looked online and all the Best Buys within 100 miles are sold out, dammit! I can never get good deals in California.

#114 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

Checked the site and not one within a 100 mile radius. Guess I'll just go check anyways just in case.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#115 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

Here is the SKU, that way you can call the store to ask about stock and put one on hold if interested.

Thank you for posting the SKU #. I went to check it yesterday to see if it was at a store I was going to pick up my B1G1 on the $9.99 movies and it was showing as "in-store only" without the ability to do in-store pickup.

This morning, was able to do an in-store pickup order, so hopefully it'll get pulled and everything will be good.

#116 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

Well, that was a bust. Called four stores with no luck. Guess this credit will just still be unused for awhile.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#117 Rictor

Rictor

I like big butts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

The Best Buy I was at over the weekend had a ton of these. I remember admiring the set and thinking I would get it if it was cheaper. At $20, it's a no-brainer. I have a couple clearance games to pick up, so I'll see if they still have any. This price is still in effect, I assume? I need to check for Pikmin 2 as well.

#118 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

Edit: I saw over 15 of these box sets last weekend I called my Best Buy and they where bone dry, I looked online and all the Best Buys within 100 miles are sold out, dammit! I can never get good deals in California.

Exactly. Had them check in store and not a single store in SoCal seems to have any. Anyone interested in selling me one?

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#119 dchrisd

dchrisd

F.U. Rosalina! ~ Daisy <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

If anyone is interested in just the book, amazon sells it for like $9

#120 jphillips10

jphillips10

Go Cubs Go!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:52 AM

Was able to snag one from a best buy 3 hours away. I have family near by and they picked it up for me. Heck of a deal. I just wanted it for the combo pack, the rest is a bonus. I have been looking for the combo pack for a couple weeks and nothing under $30. Always good to be a CAG.