Best Buy - 16GB Memory Card for PlayStation Vita $29.99

Is this a good deal? I picked one up at the AT&T store for the same price and haven't decided if I want to keep it yet. Now with Best Buy clearancing these as well, I'm thinking prices for Vita memory cards will drop after E3.

Thanks OP. I really hope they follow through on these orders...I really hope that they don't ship me an 8 gb memory card or instead of a 16 or cancel my order and claim that it was a pricing error on their site or something. After the At&t fiasco I've had little faith for actually receiving my vita memory card. But in for one anyways!

[quote name='tacoman132']Thanks OP. I really hope they follow through on these orders...I really hope that they don't ship me an 8 gb memory card or instead of a 16 or cancel my order and claim that it was a pricing error on their site or something. After the At&t fiasco I've had little faith for actually receiving my vita memory card. But in for one anyways![/QUOTE]
You can always go in store and match. BB matches their website 100% of the time.

I'm still sporting a 4GB, might be a good time to upgrade. Damn, and here I was thinking BB would let me down before the $10 promo offer ended.

[quote name='orcishlad']Tempting, but I think I'd rather have a 32GB card instead.[/QUOTE]
Honestly any one would prefer more space. Still, the 32GB is so overpriced it's crazy. I jumped on the 16GB because its like $25 off msrp and my stock 4GB has about 400 MB free at this point and I only have 4 games installed.

[quote name='orcishlad']Tempting, but I think I'd rather have a 32GB card instead.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but the $/gb is pretty good at this price. Considering the crazy ATT deal at $50 was still $25/16gb paying $30 is pretty good.

Was in for 2, but wow, in store pick up only, and 10 stores in my area say "unavailable". And this after I bought the 32GB one for $72 at Newegg, only to have it lost in the mail by USPS. Showed delivered on March 7th, hasn't showed up, and post office doesn't have it either. WTF.

[quote name='whitereflection']Is this a good deal? I picked one up at the AT&T store for the same price and haven't decided if I want to keep it yet. Now with Best Buy clearancing these as well, I'm thinking prices for Vita memory cards will drop after E3.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering that too... Does going on sale in multiple places mean a price drop is coming? Hopefully! These things are way overpriced. But just in case it doesn't, I went ahead and grabbed one...

[quote name='Magic_Knight']Was in for 2, but wow, in store pick up only, and 10 stores in my area say "unavailable". And this after I bought the 32GB one for $72 at Newegg, only to have it lost in the mail by USPS. Showed delivered on March 7th, hasn't showed up, and post office doesn't have it either. WTF.[/QUOTE]

It seems to be available for shipping again... When I first looked, it was store pick-up only and the closest store that had them in stock was a bit out of my way, so I almost skipped it, but then when I looked again it was available for shipping. Placed an order, will see if I get it I guess.

I don't own a Vita yet but I've been "purchasing" the free games with Plus. Roughly how many full Vita games (not minis, etc) would a 16gb card hold?

[quote name='mark_IV']I don't own a Vita yet but I've been "purchasing" the free games with Plus. Roughly how many full Vita games (not minis, etc) would a 16gb card hold?[/QUOTE]

It really depends on which games you're talking about... They range in size from a few hundred megabytes to a couple of gigabytes. The biggest that I know of are BlazBlue, which is about 3.1GB, and Uncharted: Golden Abyss, which is about 2.7GB.

[quote name='whitereflection']Is this a good deal? I picked one up at the AT&T store for the same price and haven't decided if I want to keep it yet. Now with Best Buy clearancing these as well, I'm thinking prices for Vita memory cards will drop after E3.[/QUOTE]
If a price drop on memory cards is coming, it'll most likely be during e3 this year. Either way the MSRP right now is $60, so even if it does get a price drop, I can't see Sony lowering it past $30-$40. So at any rate you're getting a good deal here.

[quote name='arcane93']It really depends on which games you're talking about... They range in size from a few hundred megabytes to a couple of gigabytes. The biggest that I know of are BlazBlue, which is about 3.1GB, and Uncharted: Golden Abyss, which is about 2.7GB.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I should be able to get by with 16GB all though PS+ has turned me into a digital hoarder. Worst case scenario, if there is a better sale or a price drop on memory, I'll have 60 days to return it with RZ Silver and buy a larger card or re-purchase at a lower price. Now all I need is for Sony to drop the price on the Vita.

Crossing my fingers that I'll grab this at the store tomorrow! Great deal. Been finding more and more classics I want to download onto the Vita so I'm sure I'll need another card eventually.

[quote name='mark_IV']I don't own a Vita yet but I've been "purchasing" the free games with Plus. Roughly how many full Vita games (not minis, etc) would a 16gb card hold?[/QUOTE]

i have a full 32g (not 16). it has 660mb free, and i'll need to delete stuff to grab disgaea 3 and future ps+ releases (which is never fun, i already deleted some ps1 games, lol, as well as games i've beat).

It currently has (all dls from the store):

5 'big' vita titles (sly, oddworld, all stars, rayman, gravity rush)
16 psn vita titles (along the lines of sine mora, super stardust, lumines, dokuro, pinball, etc)
2 vita demos
4 psmobile games
8 psp games (valkyria chronicles 2, disgaea, etc)
14 ps1 games (ff, etc)
17 minis

and several apps like netflix, sony music unlimited, youtube, etc.

so... roughly divide that in half for a 16.

games like sly and uncharted:ga are like 3-4 gigs. oddworld and rayman are closer to 1-1.5. super stardust is 215mb, sine mora 672mb, lumines 755. so it's a wide spectrum... but it definitely adds up, especially with ps+. heck, even ps1 games are generally 200-400mb.

oh, and since you mention you have ps+, i'd say you already have enough games to warrant grabbing a vita when you can. just the ps+ games alone have been fantastic.

and finally, just fwiw, if they sold bigger than 32 i'd do my best to get one. my library only grows, especially with ps+.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if the store inventory checker is fairly accurate?

Since AT&T dropped the ball and obviously has no obligation to fill their orders. I'd like one of these, but of course I slept at midnight and missed out on this.

I don't mind going to check our single location, but it says unavailable so I dunno if it's worth bothering.

BB site usually says unavailable for store pickup when there's 2 or less of an item in stock. It's possible it'll be there but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

With all of those polls giving free points on top of the current 10 dollar RZ offer I basically got this for free anyway, now I just need an actual Vita.

[quote name='Psybuster']BB site usually says unavailable for store pickup when there's 2 or less of an item in stock. It's possible it'll be there but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

With all of those polls giving free points on top of the current 10 dollar RZ offer I basically got this for free anyway, now I just need an actual Vita.[/QUOTE]

My Best Buy legitimately might as well not exist because any time stuff like this happens it's always unavailable at my location and most of the ones surrounding my towns in other states, but maybe one or two and I'm not driving 3 hours. (one way)

The one time I managed to do Pick up In store they literally didn't have what I ordered at the front after I got conformation it would be sitting there. Trying to get the deals at this place is infuriating.

Ordered one for instore pickup a few hours ago and now the site says its unavailable. Glad I was able to score one after the disappointment with the ATT fiasco.

Decided to get one, thanks for the post. I am more into physical copies of games, so 16GB is all I really need. I used a 8GB on my PSP, and that was always plenty.

[quote name='ZForce']How hard is it to transfer all the data from one card to another if I decide to upgrade?[/QUOTE]

Very easy. Backup your vita to a PC/mac using content manager, then just restore to the new card.

Good find. This is a pretty good price. I would def. get one to store all the free games on Playstation Plus but I lucked up and got a couple 4gb cards on clearance at Sears for $2!

Unavailable everywhere in my state..no shipping offered. :/ watch how when the sale ends.. they'll magically have an endless supply. How about a better 32gb card sale?!

Wow, unavailable pretty much everywhere. Snagged one near Chicago for in store pick up, but gone everywhere in NYC and NJ.

[quote name='lm009']fml bought a 8gb same price just 2 days ago -_- cant find my receipt[/QUOTE]

If you bought it from BB and are a RewardZone member you can print your receipt off the RewardZone site.

awesome ive been wanting to get a bigger card for my japanese account. pso2 wont fit on my 4gb and id just like a bigger one. got a 32 already for my us account

Thanks OP! Only 1 of several stores was in stock locally, but I ordered for store pickup and got the email that it's ready for pickup. A very needed upgrade from my 4gb starter card that came with the system.

bread's done
Back