Best Buy - 16GB Memory Card for PlayStation Vita $29.99

• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

#181 Nucking Futs

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

I'll be close to the area tomorrow, maybe I'll stop by. I currently have three 4GB cards that I picked up Sears for $1.97 each. I feel like 12GB of memory is enough considering most of my media is and will be physical, just need to decide if the convenience is worth the price.

I think it's much more convenient especially for the sale price. Oh yeah, she said they also have the new Harvest Moon (3DS) on sale for $20.
- Jimmy

Love me some arcade sticks!

#182 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

I'm currently using an 8GB (I prefer physical to digital, as well) and I have another 8GB and a 4GB (from the Assassin's Creed: Liberation bundle) that I have yet to open. I plan on eventually having Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, PSASBR, and Final Fantasies VII, VIII, and IX on a card (they're already on my PS3 waiting to be transferred to the Vita). Do you guys think I should get a 16GB via this deal (likely PMing at Target)? If so, what should I do with the cards I have yet to use?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/28]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Extreme] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#183 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

I'm currently using an 8GB (I prefer physical to digital, as well) and I have another 8GB and a 4GB (from the Assassin's Creed: Liberation bundle) that I have yet to open. I plan on eventually having Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, PSASBR, and Final Fantasies VII, VIII, and IX on a card (they're already on my PS3 waiting to be transferred to the Vita). Do you guys think I should get a 16GB via this deal (likely PMing at Target)? If so, what should I do with the cards I have yet to use?

I'd definitely get the 16GB card if I were you. The other cards can be used to download PSP games that are offered through PS Plus. Always a good idea to have more memory then you need because you never know.

#184 rbanez

rbanez

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

If I were you I would first go PM the 16GB target cards if the pm is a success then sell the two 8GB for around $20. sell the 4GB too, but i doubt if someone wants it as every vita owner already has it.

What im playing: 
|  :ps3: Dark Souls II :pray:   |  :vita: Spenlunky |

Recently completed:
- Grand Theft Auto V ( Great game, one of the best this gen )
The Last of Us  ( incredible game. gets the "Most honest and appropriate ending ever" award and goty )

#185 Solh0und

Solh0und

King of the backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

Bookmarked. Will pick up one next weekend.

#186 Littledgn

Littledgn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:06 AM

I'm curious if Target will still PM, as it says Not Available for Shipping and it's supposed to be in stock when they PM. I know you can Add to Cart and Store Pickup technically, but it seems like they'll just argue.

EDIT:Well, looks like I can't really confirm as the Guest Service guy didn't even bother to check bestbuy.com. Just changed it for me.
Supervisor override was required but they just came over and did it without a second thought.

Edited by Littledgn, 31 March 2013 - 01:46 AM.

#187 intuition

intuition

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:17 AM

Target pricematched for me yesterday, they just checked the price online on their IPad at the store. Thanks OP
Go Pack Go!!!!!!

#188 Llamaw00d

Llamaw00d

Don't Panic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:30 AM

This may be tangential but CEX ( webuy.com ) has the 32GB cards for $60. Shipping kills that deal (something like $12 shipping), but they have free shipping for over $100. So you could snag 2 32GB cards for $120 flat. I am still pissed at them for raising their price from $50, but this is still better than I have seen it elsewhere.

#189 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

Just checked my local BB and dont know if they restocked or found them in the back, but they had one 16gb card on display. Asked them to check the price and sure enough it was still ringing up as $29.99. Might wanna check to see if yours restocked in case you werent to PM at Target.

#190 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

Just price matched at a random target. Had to show them their own policy twice before they did it but now i can retire the 4 gig

#191 itzknickknac

itzknickknac

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

Just checked my local BB and dont know if they restocked or found them in the back, but they had one 16gb card on display. Asked them to check the price and sure enough it was still ringing up as $29.99. Might wanna check to see if yours restocked in case you werent to PM at Target.

Just price matched at a random target. Had to show them their own policy twice before they did it but now i can retire the 4 gig

How does the PM work at Target? As in, the same way BB does it? Just look it up and say "yes"? Or do I have to print a copy of the price from online to PM (like my Walmart does)?

#192 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

How does the PM work at Target? As in, the same way BB does it? Just look it up and say "yes"? Or do I have to print a copy of the price from online to PM (like my Walmart does)?

They looked it up with an ipad

#193 itzknickknac

itzknickknac

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

Thanks. Will have to stop by my target when I get the chance

#194 Borellius

Borellius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

Price Match Guarantee

If you buy a qualifying item at a Target store then find the identical item for less in the following week’s Target weekly ad or within seven days at Target.com, Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, BabiesRUs.com or in a competitor’s local printed ad, we’ll match the price. Price match may be requested at Guest Services prior to your purchase with proof of current lower price or by bringing in your original Target store receipt and proof of the current lower price.

Price Match Guarantee: the details

The item must be the identical item, brand name, size, weight, color, quantity and model number.
Limit of one competitor online price match per identical item, per guest.
Price must be valid at the time the price match is requested.
Retail price must be shown on the website or print ad. Online prices will be validated by a Target team member.
Competitor online items must be in stock at the time a price match is requested.
Competitor catalogs can be matched as long as the catalog displays a current date, retail price and meets all other competitor ad match qualifications.
If item is not available in a Target store, a rain check will not be issued to match the online price or competitor’s print ad.
We reserve the right to verify a competitor’s advertised price and the availability of the item.

So, they can technically deny the PM if its not instock, but if they don't look to into the not available for shipping thing there is no reason why they shouldn't deny it.

#195 jimbobolowskie

jimbobolowskie

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

Hey All,

Just a friendly FYI- on a whim i just thought i'd try to price match at pc richards for this 16gb VITA memory card and it worked.

I just printed the online page from bestbuy.com with the 29.99 price. I brought it to customer care desk in pc richards and BAM! they immediately discounted it and i got it for 30$ without any questions.

just wanted to let everyone know you can still get these from other stores as long as they price match.

Happy Caging!

P.s. the bestbuy.com printout i brought in to show...i did photoshop out the unavailable stock info and left it blank....this is how i got it since they wont PM for out of stock items...i was lucky enough the manager/clerk didnt look into it. but worth a shot. just play dumb if they question you.

#196 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:07 AM

LOL
I had them do it too but man they have the most non-tech savvy employees ever. Couldn't turn the Ipad on, "the case is too big it's getting in my way", can't find the item on BB.com...in the end they just used my phone.

Did Amazon ever match this or do they not match OOS items

Edited by Enuf, 17 April 2013 - 08:43 AM.

#197 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

Hey All,

Just a friendly FYI- on a whim i just thought i'd try to price match at pc richards for this 16gb VITA memory card and it worked.

I just printed the online page from bestbuy.com with the 29.99 price. I brought it to customer care desk in pc richards and BAM! they immediately discounted it and i got it for 30$ without any questions.

just wanted to let everyone know you can still get these from other stores as long as they price match.

Happy Caging!

P.s. the bestbuy.com printout i brought in to show...i did photoshop out the unavailable stock info and left it blank....this is how i got it since they wont PM for out of stock items...i was lucky enough the manager/clerk didnt look into it. but worth a shot. just play dumb if they question you.

You're bragging because you successfully ripped off a retailer with shady underhanded tactics? Disgusting.

#198 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

My local Florida Best Buy is transferring one of these from Iowa for me. Really amazed they were willing to do this.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#199 raikaze

raikaze

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

I've been looking for it for awhile but my bestbuy didn't have, when I asked if they'll restock they said its being discontinued...weird. target PM which was awesome. now I can finally fit more than 1 game in my vita.

#200 jimbobolowskie

jimbobolowskie

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

You're bragging because you successfully ripped off a retailer with shady underhanded tactics? Disgusting.

ummm yeah. i thought that was obvious?

#201 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

I wish they would make this available online. No local BB. Closest one is like 1h15m, closest one that has one is 2-2 1/2 hrs.

#202 slimklp

slimklp

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

I wish they would make this available online. No local BB. Closest one is like 1h15m, closest one that has one is 2-2 1/2 hrs.

Pricematch it at Target.

#203 paulton

paulton

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

Did everyone try to pricematch at Target?

#204 jessesixto

jessesixto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

yes it works 100 percent
they might limit you to one thou..

#205 Kenmeii

Kenmeii

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

I was able to pick one up at Target with a price match. The sales guy knew what I was doing and tried to keep me from getting it but I just took it up front to a manager who handled it easily. It's really the only way to get it at this price now as all the Best Buy's in my area sold all of theirs long ago.

#206 Borellius

Borellius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:52 AM

FINALLY! something good happened to me today.

SO i ordered a 16gb from BB through OMS, guy was super cool about it and was really helpful, said it would take about two and a half weeks, i said fine cause i thought it was a good deal. So estimated delivery date came and went and i was curious about what happened to it, i go to the store and guy says they are doing inventory all over the country so it would take a bit longer, I said ok thats fine so i left.

I got the email saying my order was ready for store pick up, so i didn't have time for about 3 or 4 days until this morning when i actually waited outside the store for 2 hrs cause i wasn't going to have time later. So, i go in and i had a $30 reward cert and $20 my dad gave me to buy my kids breakfast " by the time i got out breakfast was over and my kids were still asleep" so i decide to buy soul sacrifice. :) (ended up paying 10 for it)

So after that purchase i head over to CS and talk with the same guy, a couple minutes later he give me the bad news " the warehouse sent an 8gb, we can cancel the order or you can get the 32gb". Me disappointed, thought about it and went ahead with the 32 gb, so the guy says he can take $30 off for me cause well thats what i was saving in the other one, i tried to push for 50% but he wouldn't budge cause it needed manager override. He says its a $43 difference , i say ok, return SS and ill take the card, so he does I don't know what for like 10 min and comes back.

Summary of my reciept and what he said:
$30 for 16gb ($25 for RZ cert)
$40 for SS ($30 Cert after return said i couldn't use them right away)

$100 for 32 gb
-$30
-$10
-$60 (manually input a discount $30 for 16gb f* up and $30 for unusable Cert)

so i got it for 40 paid 15 out of pocket after $25 cert. and I got my original $30 for SS back. YAy ( i went to gamestop, had a couple bucks from GC and trade in bought SS for $2 out of pocket.)

#207 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:45 AM

If you're near hhgregg, try there for the 16GB card. It's $25, YMMV.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#208 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:08 AM

If you're near hhgregg, try there for the 16GB card. It's $25, YMMV.

yeah but we assume everyone on CAG has BB GC's ;)

#209 Gumshoe

Gumshoe

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:13 AM

From Target's Website:
"Competitor online items must be in stock at the time a price match is requested."

All BB's in my area... hell, probably Northern California... are out of stock. How have people gotten this price matched at Target? I'm now in the market for a Vita memory card and don't want to break the bank more than necessary.

Currently Playing:
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Legend of Zelda: OoT
:ps3: Nothing
:wii: Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story

#210 TKSJOHN

TKSJOHN

The Dumpster Diver!

• Silenced

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:26 AM

Thats it, im PM'ing Target tomorrow for this. Quick question, do I NEED to print out BB's ad, or can they/ do they just look it up themselves? I would also like to PM for Assassins Creed 3 CE, but Best Buy does not have the link up of the $69.99 price :(