Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

If anyone could grab me an AC3 (sealed) for $15 I'd appreciate it

both guides are shipping again.

#182 snakeinthegrass

snakeinthegrass

CAGiversary!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

Shipping is greyed out for me - if you want to ship one to my address for cost let me know :P

#183 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

All I see is Halo 4 CE for shipping, AC3 is sold out. Perhaps it was in stock then sold out again.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#184 NovaKane

NovaKane

On the real...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

My NYC ppl, the one in Union Square has two more Ass Creed 3 hardcovers. Saw at least four Halo 4 hardcovers. Maybe more, but I only glanced. There's a good amount of paperback AC3. Not sure about Halo 4 paperback.

#185 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

Was going to try to see if preordering Bioshock would get me 15% off - but the preorder wasn't scanning. Said it wasn't available for sale or something.

#186 breakingcustoms

breakingcustoms

Rule The Air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

went to my local store and they had a ton of each...got both

596772.png

#187 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

All I see is Halo 4 CE for shipping, AC3 is sold out. Perhaps it was in stock then sold out again.

Since the sale runs until 3/30, there is a chance AC3 will come back in stock. Add it to your cart and just check on it a few times a day to see if 'Shipping' becomes clickable.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#188 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

the Best Buy still has that exclusive lithograph in the AssCreed CE guide?

#189 gundie

gundie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

Was at a nearby BB this morning. Saw at least 4-5 copies of each on the shelves.

#190 NovaKane

NovaKane

On the real...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:02 PM

the Best Buy still has that exclusive lithograph in the AssCreed CE guide?

The paperback and CE include the BBY lithograph at the one I went to.

#191 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

I stopped at Best Buy to grab an AC3 guide for a friend and grabbed a second if someone needs it. It's the CE, still sealed. Includes litho.

PM me to claim. Total should be around $12 shipped.

#192 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

Atwater Village store on Los Feliz in LA/Glendale has at least 5 of the Halo CE guides still sealed in the guide section as of an hour ago. Also, saw one AC3 CE guide in the register area in the game section, but it was open. I did store pickup on one of each. Most LA stores are still showing availability on these for in store pickup, as well as the slightly cheaper $4.99 regular guides.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#193 Silico3

Silico3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:49 AM

Tried to PM at Walmart for the Halo CE Guide but was turned down by the General Manager. The conversation went like this:

Me:"I'd like to Price Match to Best Buy please"

GM: "We don't Price Match, we Ad Match"

Me: "What does that mean?"

GM: "If they have the price in a PRINTED (emphasis added) advertisement, we price match."

Me: "Ok...You don't price match at all?"

GM: "Listen, I told you already. We don't price match at all. Nothing. No price matching period. We AD MATCH (emphasis added). If a store has a printed ad and the price is listed, then we price match. If you want to Ad match, bring their ad next time."

Me: "To be honest, it's ridiculous that I have to bring in a physical ad since we have the benefit of modern technology. I'll buy my things elsewhere."

I didn't appreciate him being condescending, so I left all my items at the checkout and left.

#194 lkx

lkx

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:15 AM

It's not a good idea to argue in a Wal-mart.

#195 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Judoka on a CAG Hiatus due to new job

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:06 AM

got the last AC guide at my store - passed on the couple Halo 4 guides they had. Saw a FF Xii-2 CE guide and managed to get that for $14.99 (since it was pennied and dude just used the SKU for reg edition)

They wouldn't sell one to me (came up as not in system) and they had 8 copies >.>

got one of ~20 copies of ACIII guide, and the final copy of Pikmin 2 :D

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#196 Silico3

Silico3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:20 AM

He is right. You are wrong.
But then you had to embarrass yourself by posting it.

I didn't argue, respond sarcastically, nor did I indicate that he wasn't right. You read the posted conversation. His demeanor was the issue. I've never heard of Ad match so I asked for clarification and he responded in a disrespectful way.

Clearly, you missed the point of my post since you're trying to insult. If you're going to reply to anyone, refrain from throwing insults as those kind of responses damage the integrity of this board.

#197 The Prize Fighter Inferno

The Prize Fighter Inferno

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:42 AM

GM: "We don't Price Match, we Ad Match"

Me: "What does that mean?"

GM: "If they have the price in a PRINTED (emphasis added) advertisement, we price match."

Me: "Ok...You don't price match at all?"

I'm not surprised that he took on a condescending tone when you asked the same question he had just answered.

#198 htz

htz

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:58 AM

I'm not surprised that he took on a condescending tone when you asked the same question he had just answered.

Posted Image

#199 Silico3

Silico3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:16 AM

To be honest, the way he explained Ad Match sounded just like a different policy of price matching. I wasn't sure why he strongly emphasized that they don't price match when he said that they do price match only with printed ads.

It's like going to Smash Burger to get a hamburger and they say they don't sell hamburgers, only Smashburgers. You'd like to know what is a Smashburger compared to a hamburger and you're told that it's a hamburger with different condiments...but that they still don't sell hamburgers.

I get that they're exclusively using the term "Ad Match" but it was still confusing at the time since I hadn't heard it before.

If I was disrespectful toward him, then it would make sense for him to respond in a condescending tone; however, since I wasn't disrespectful, there was no need to respond that way.

Perhaps the way I wrote the conversation didn't accurately convey his demeanor but it was clearly over the top. Even if I inquired into the same point twice, it's not good practice to respond that way.

Anyways, the point of the post was to give an offer of proof that price matching at Walmart is definitely YMMV and also to vent to other CAGs. I didn't expect that I would get criticism for the post.

#200 squishface

squishface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:23 AM

*sigh looks like best buy is gonna get some more of my money lol
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#201 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:41 AM

My BB is the only one close to me and the only one that said AC3 CE guides were unavailable. They didn't have them when I went in yesterday. Now the site is saying they are available so I'll stop in again on Thursday when I head back into work to see if they are in.

#202 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:02 AM

My BB is the only one close to me and the only one that said AC3 CE guides were unavailable. They didn't have them when I went in yesterday. Now the site is saying they are available so I'll stop in again on Thursday when I head back into work to see if they are in.

From all the people in the Vita Memory stick thread, I think that's a glitch, and all stores are showing up as having inventory.

Is it only that one store that says it has it?

#203 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

You could place an order online for in store pick up. You'll know for sure if they can't fulfill the order.

16Z462z.jpg

#204 GuitarMan

GuitarMan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:44 PM

Thanks YBX87,

Picked up both Halo & AC3.
When I went to pick it up, they almost gave me the softcover AC3 but I told them it was supposed to be hardcover; thankfully they still had one HC available. Beautiful books.

:)
Posted Image

#205 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

very cool i love reading through strategy guides. i bought the $5 one, i was going for the CE but they aren't shipping that and im not traveling 40 mins to the closest best buy for it.
Posted Image
I was half cut, im not slippin man i slipped! - Max Payne

#206 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

From all the people in the Vita Memory stick thread, I think that's a glitch, and all stores are showing up as having inventory.

Is it only that one store that says it has it?

No, all the other stores EXCEPT mine had it as available. When I went there they didn't have any at all. Now it says my BB has some.

Plus practically every other person in this thread said their BB has loads of them.

I'm not super worried about getting one. If I get one then that's great. If I don't then no worries. I'm trying to avoid using my CC too so I'm limiting myself to cash for the time being.

#207 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:37 PM

Got my Collector Edition guides in the mail today. SUPER impressed with the art quality. Best Buy shipped very fast too, although thy came in really huge boxes. My Halo one has a slight impression on the cover, but I don't care too much about it.

#208 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

Thanks YBX87,

Picked up both Halo & AC3.
When I went to pick it up, they almost gave me the softcover AC3 but I told them it was supposed to be hardcover; thankfully they still had one HC available. Beautiful books.

:)

I see you hail from Georgia. What store did you go to?

660090.png 660091.png

#209 GuitarMan

GuitarMan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

I see you hail from Georgia. What store did you go to?

McDonough, GA.
Posted Image

#210 Organ Donor

Organ Donor

Watch his Bull Charge!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

The Halo 4 guide is awesome. Glad I picked it up.