Best Buy Halo 4/Assassin's Creed III Collector's Guides 80%+ off - $6.99 each

The regular guides are $4.99, but for $2 more, why not get the hardcovers?

EDIT: Someone talk me out of these. I've already played and beaten ACIII, but I plan on getting it again somewhere down the line. The same goes for Halo 4. I know the guides will likely just sit and sit, but I want them for collection purposes. Decisions.

STOP MAKING ME SPEND ALL MY MONEY $%$^#@^&$@&*****
I didn't need this stuff but now that I saw the sale... I do...

This is just funny read all these BBY deal threads where people are spending all this money they never intended to do. Self control goes out the window when it's clearance time! \\:D/

So tempting ... I like guides but I don't have either of those games, not sure yet if I'll bite. Thanks anyway for sharing!

Thanks OP! Used a $5 reward cert. to get the Halo 4 CE guide for $2 plus tax with free shipping!

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up ACIII. Not a big guides person but for $7 I will use it when I eventually get to the game.

I need to stop now though.

I already beat ACIII 100% and I have no intent to play Halo 4. I'm not going to order these. If my local BB has them I'll pick them up(ACIII for friend and H4 for his younger brother). If they don't have them then no worries. I think my BB has H4, maybe an ACIII. I'll check on Monday when I'm next in.

Thanks for the heads up!

Darn, I have beat AC3 but bought the guide anyway. Guide looks well made and I might need it if I ever decide to plat the game.

Thanks, OP.

Used a Reward Zone certificate which expires Tuesday and somehow still a Silver member, so price out of pocket was $2.16. Happy to have the Halo 4 Collector's Edition guide!

[quote name='Dund3r']This is just funny read all these BBY deal threads where people are spending all this money they never intended to do. Self control goes out the window when it's clearance time! \\:D/[/QUOTE]

Hahah this.

AC1 + 2 CE's are worth good money nowadays fwiw.

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']^ Is the AC III guide just not as popular?[/QUOTE]

AC 1 and II are out of print so their value had nowhere to go but up since the series is very popular. III should go up too since sales show this sequel was well received despite the "mixed reviews." But I don't think it'll go for a lot like the previous guides.

Most hardcore collectors will have learned their lesson and snapped up III by now.

[quote name='Vigilante']...

*looks at unopened Halo 4 and ACIII CE guides bought at $19.99 and ~$23*

*cries silently*[/QUOTE]
I just ordered the assassin's creed 3 ce guide but I have a quick question:

Is the ACIII hardcover guide one of those guides that come with dlc or extra content or something? I seem to remember stickers or something on the covers saying "extra" something or other. But I may be mistaken.

[quote name='PublikDefender']I just ordered the assassin's creed 3 ce guide but I have a quick question:

Is the ACIII hardcover guide one of those guides that come with dlc or extra content or something? I seem to remember stickers or something on the covers saying "extra" something or other. But I may be mistaken.[/QUOTE]
The best buy version comes with a lithograph I think.

I love Collector's Edition guides.

I bought both even though I've never played AC III.

Thanks OP! Total came to just under $10 when I used my last $5 RZ cert.

Best Buy came out of no where and is killing it with these deals. I got that ac3 ce guide for 50% off at gamestop, but bam i feel the cag effect now.

What the heck! Bought 1 of each. Couldn't resist CE hardcover guides for $6.99 each, especially after watching a couple of unboxing videos and reading the relatively positive reviews on Amazon. Chose the free shipping option since most of the guides at my local BB are relatively beat up.

Nice, just added to my Collection. Starting to notice the collectors editions are easier to collect for cheap than the regular.

Damn missed out on the AC3 guide since I just realized I could use paypal but I did pick up the Halo 4 guide so I'm happy with that :D

Both are still available for shipping. I just placed my order for both of them but I don't even have the games yet! I'm a sucker for CE guides. I still need to finish ODST and AC:2 ....

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well my in store pick up order for AC3 was just confirmed as ready for pick up. Hopefully it is in decent shape.[/QUOTE]

Same for me on both CE editions. I was just there yesterday picking up the $0.99 Disney Kinect game I got with an RZ cert. :D

bread's done
Back