Amazon: Oblivion GOTY / Fallout 3 GOTY $12.50 (New:360+PS3)

[quote name='GALATIANSv220']Amazon has both ESIV: Oblivion GOTY and Fallout 3 GOTY for $12.50 on 360 and PS3. Both qualify for Prime/FSSS.
This is a great deal for anyone who is looking to pick these games up.

Fallout 3 GOTY: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001REZLY8/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_10?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Oblivion GOTY: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FDUSTA/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER[/QUOTE]

Nice find, too bad amazon is fucked up for me at the moment

PS3 freezes more then 360 when your file size gets huge. A+ game but expect a lot of beeps when you got alot of stuff done. I recommend for strong willed people. They adv owns so it keeps you going after the freezes galore. Save often!

Good find OP. Getting old in the tooth (like this console generation) but those are easily two of my favorite single player games of that decade. How time flies.

Is this perhaps part of a larger bethesda sale at Amazon?

I noticed they are both also $12.49 for PC.

Also Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition PC is $9.99 but the console editions are still $19.99.

Doom 3 BFG PC is the same thing as NV, $9.99 for PC, $20 on consoles.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']PS3 freezes more then 360 when your file size gets huge. A+ game but expect a lot of beeps when you got alot of stuff done. I recommend for strong willed people. They adv owns so it keeps you going after the freezes galore. Save often![/QUOTE]

totally agree, avoid ps3 version, and get the xbox 360 or pc version if you can.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']PS3 freezes more then 360 when your file size gets huge. A+ game but expect a lot of beeps when you got alot of stuff done. I recommend for strong willed people. They adv owns so it keeps you going after the freezes galore. Save often![/QUOTE]
I beat this a few months ago and I had no problems with the PS3 version. I think it froze once but that's it. I guess they patched it pretty well.

Does this version have the horsey armor? :lol:

Sounds like it just has Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine which honest are the only two add-ons with real content that are worth it anyway, I was just curious if they are still trying to get people to pay for that damned horse armor.

[quote name='Shifty Effect']Why are PC games so much cheaper than console games? Makes me really want a PC![/QUOTE]

Well for one thing you can't trade in PC games generally or sell them used so there's go to be some trade off, but yeah if you have a PC that can run a game and it's not a new release then it's probably cheaper to go that route in many cases.

i got Fallout 3 GOTY on steam for $5, so if you want to wait longer, I'm sure a steam sale would beat this

[quote name='GALATIANSv220']Amazon has both ESIV: Oblivion GOTY and Fallout 3 GOTY for $12.50 on 360 and PS3. Both qualify for Prime/FSSS.
This is a great deal for anyone who is looking to pick these games up.
sig.jpg

Fallout 3 GOTY: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001REZLY8/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_10?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Oblivion GOTY: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FDUSTA/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER[/QUOTE]

Great find OP. Fallout 3 gotta be snapped up

Last edited by a moderator:
Played 400 hours of these games. So memorable, crazy amount of gaming for $12.50
Wish Fallout Vegas was $12.50 too - never played any of the expansions in that one.

[quote name='Shifty Effect']Why are PC games so much cheaper than console games? Makes me really want a PC![/QUOTE]

I read somewhere the reason is because on consoles they have to give the console company a royalty fee to have their game on it, where on PC there are no such fees. However I'm prety sure these fees don't amount to the 10$ - 20$ discrepancy we see between console and PC pricing.

Damn, if I had about 6 more bucks in Amazon credit, I'd be all over Fallout.

That is a really nice price on either of those, I think a used price for a complete one is in the $10 or so range.

I wish Amazon took Paypal. :( I got plenty of cash there.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaptainEnforcer']I beat this a few months ago and I had no problems with the PS3 version. I think it froze once but that's it. I guess they patched it pretty well.[/QUOTE]
There are a select few with not much freezes i read. They 360 i finished everything on other tag and towards 60-80 hours in it got bad. I read ps3 posts on gf and others sites saying still huge freezes for ps3 when you get most things done. I want ps3 ver but people scared me away since almost all say ps3 freezes way more. I got super slim bet this will be a noisy disc reading mess. :lol:

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']There are a select few with not much freezes i read. They 360 i finished everything on other tag and towards 60-80 hours in it got bad. I read ps3 posts on gf and others sites saying still huge freezes for ps3 when you get most things done. I want ps3 ver but people scared me away since almost all say ps3 freezes way more. I got super slim bet this will be a noisy disc reading mess. :lol:[/QUOTE]
I've been playing Skyrim on a superslim, it's not super noisy and it crashed twice in 80 hours of gameplay. I heard it was hard to play in the beginning.

[quote name='burritoman']I've been playing Skyrim on a superslim, it's not super noisy and it crashed twice in 80 hours of gameplay. I heard it was hard to play in the beginning.[/QUOTE]
Nice but was talking about fallout 3. Skyrim rules got ce on 360 and 100+ hours 1-2 freezes. I love skyrim never tried on ps3 yet.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']So some people say that this is still too buggy on PS3?[/QUOTE]

I would also like to know this before pulling the trigger

Awesome! I keep losing "Like New/ Very Good" auctions on Ebay; this makes me glad that I did!!! I never got around to finishing DLC after Operation: Anchorage.

[quote name='Sleipnir']I would also like to know this before pulling the trigger[/QUOTE]

Its all over the place for PS3, just as it was for 360. Some people have minimal/no issues whatsoever (a friend of mine just had his freeze a few times, for example) but the first thread on the gamefaqs FO3 board is one saying the DLC content is pretty much unplayable (and I believe the poster is playing witht he newest PS3 model)

idk if this means anything, but for what its worth I played New Vegas on a 2010 PS3 Slim 120GB and it froze maybe once or twice in my 40 or so hours. I save literally all the time though, so freezes wouldnt have been a big deal anyway

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']How does Oblivion GOTY compare to Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition? :)[/QUOTE]
I think it's the same game in a different package. Not 100% sure though, but I think that's it.

I'm tempted to get Oblivion, it's a much more enjoyable game than Skyrim imo. Although, I have a self-imposed embargo on buying Bethesda games on PS3 on principle alone. Hmm.

[quote name='loomis1975']Good find OP. Getting old in the tooth (like this console generation) but those are easily two of my favorite single player games of that decade. How time flies.

Is this perhaps part of a larger bethesda sale at Amazon?

I noticed they are both also $12.49 for PC.

Also Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition PC is $9.99 but the console editions are still $19.99.[/QUOTE]

Damn. Looks like the New Vegas PC deal is over already. I was about to jump all over that. Shows up as 13.01 though.

Strange how 3 bucks can hold me back.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']So some people say that this is still too buggy on PS3?[/QUOTE]
I did research since i was gonna buy and most say it freezes more on ps3 even with last patch. It only gets bad when you put 60+ hours into it and dlc makes it real bad if you do later. I read this all over not just sometimes. I suggest searching google to see what i seen. The game is amazing and easy 80-120 hours of fun until you get so far. I recommend the game but 360 better but still freezes when you get 60-80 hours in but i kept trucking. To addicting.

These are pretty good prices, but no matter how many times I try them, I just can't get into it. I'm pretty gameplay focused, and Bethesda games are kind of insulting in the combat department.

[quote name='Flowstance']These are pretty good prices, but no matter how many times I try them, I just can't get into it. I'm pretty gameplay focused, and Bethesda games are kind of insulting in the combat department.[/QUOTE]
I felt the same way the first 2 times i tried it. I ended up trying for 3rd time and it clicked. The combat rocks later on if you give it more of a chance.

I ended up buying ps3 copy now i just had to for the price.I just hope the super slim helps in less freezes. I recommend this game just know about freezes way later in the game and will save you a liitle omg my console is dying.

woah thanks for this tip, i purchased fallout 3 for 360 right away

never played this so perfect time to pick it up

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Never played any of the Elder Scrolls games. If I had the option of playing only Oblivion or Skyrim which would it be?[/QUOTE]

I'd say Skyrim is a better game overall. Pretty big age difference in the games so if your a graphics guys Oblivion will seem very dated. On the flip side for the price its hard to beat 100 plus hours of gameplay for 13 bucks.

[quote name='Indiana']Fall Out 3 was awesome. If I buy the 360 GOTY will I be able to play from my old non GOTY save?[/QUOTE]

I would believe so, the second disc is just to copy the DLC to your hdd, the game disc should be the same except for the artwork.

I love Fallout 3, one of my absolute favorite games. So much stuff to do, if you enjoy exploration and games that don't take themselves too seriously, this game is for you. If you are one of those gamers who like to speed run every game you play, the humorous subtleties and atmosphere of the game will be lost to you.

[quote name='Indiana']Fall Out 3 was awesome. If I buy the 360 GOTY will I be able to play from my old non GOTY save?[/QUOTE]

Can't say for sure for the 360 version, but I do know I was able to continue my vanilla save on the PS3 with the GOTY version.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']How does Oblivion GOTY compare to Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition? :)[/QUOTE]

5th Anniversary Edition is the GotY version, plus Making of DVD and Steelbook.

[quote name='Motoki']Does this version have the horsey armor? :lol:

Sounds like it just has Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine which honest are the only two add-ons with real content that are worth it anyway, I was just curious if they are still trying to get people to pay for that damned horse armor.

[/QUOTE]

In this age of Real Racing and Dead Space 3, who complains about horse armor anymore?

bread's done
Back