Buy SimCity Get Free Game (List)

omgitsjg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.simcity.com/en_US/blog/a...amazing-mayors-a-free-pc-download-from-origin

How to get your free game FAQ

List of games to choose from

Battlefield 3 (Standard Edition)
Bejeweled 3
Dead Space 3 (Standard Edition)
Mass Effect 3 (Standard Edition)
Medal of Honor Warfighter (Standard Edition)
Need For Speed Most Wanted (Standard Edition)
Plants vs. Zombies
SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition

you must register your copy of SimCity before March 25, 2013 at 11:59 PM PDT and you must claim your free game by March 30, 2013 at 11:59PM PDT.

Awesome. Sim City is going to be on sale starting the 24th at Best Buy for 40. Gonna go pick it up and snag me a Dead Space 3.

The fact that SimCity 4 is on the list is the funniest thing to come out of this entire mess. Someone at EA either has a perverse sense of humor or, more likely, does not understand anything that is going on. :lol:

Thank god Crysis 3 isn't on the list because I just bought it yesterday heh.

I'm in for DS3. I'm shocked that such a new game is on the list. I'll take that!

[quote name='lito88']Anyone know if I buy this at best buy will I get the free game??[/QUOTE]

as long as you activate it by the deadline, yes you will

Simcity 4 being on the list just makes me laugh. I wonder if they did it to be funny... lol

I'll grab Deadspace 3 for sure :) I'm just finishing up DS1 for the first time and have DS2 from the Amazon sale.

I will probably get Dead Space 3 even through I didn't had a lot of interest in it since they did dumb stuff like remove the ammo system from the first two games.

SimCity 4 being on the list is kinda like them patching in an offline mode. :)

Anyhow, I think I'm probably going to grab Dead Space 3.

Hmm...can you change your age on Origin?

"*USERS WHO ARE BENEATH THE MINIMUM AGE REQUIRED TO ACCESS INTERACTIVE ONLINE SERVICES WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE GRANTED A COPY OF SIMCITY 4: DELUXE EDITION AND BEJEWELED 3 INSTEAD. THESE GAMES WILL BE ADDED DIRECTLY TO YOUR MY GAMES LIBRARY OVER THE COMING DAYS"

Also... "our head legal Llama". Reticulating splines, indeed.

Nice of them to offer this to the early adopters. At this point I'm just waiting for this game to be $19.99. I expect that will happen in a month since there has been so much bad press on this game.

Surprised the list is so limited, I was expecting them to offer any game below x price. Glad DeadSpace 3 is on the list as it has 2 player coop, so this should guarantee other players will be available. And I have 1 & 2 so this satisfies my game OCD.

EA seems to be missing it's numbers on quite a few games and almost insta dropping the in store price on just about every major release in the past few months.

Wish they would stop fucking around with DRM in general, I hate how they stopped NFS:MW from being playable online by 2 different family members (in the same EA Profile) due to a fucked up AutoLog.

p.s I forgot to mention I got SimCity of the Indian site during another epic EA screw up, so 2 games for 27$ is not too shabby.

I wonder if SimCity (5) and DS3 is worth $30 each for me (since that's essentially what it amounts to). I've read numerous reviews for both, but I'm not sure if I want to drop that much right now.

[quote name='deletion']I wish simcity would drop some more so i can get dead space 3 for free.[/QUOTE]

SimCity will be on sale at Best Buy on March 24th for $39.99. As long as you buy it and activate it on Sunday or Monday, you'll be entitled to a free Dead Space 3. It's like getting each game for $20.

Hrm. May have to go to Target in a couple days for their B2G1.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for Wii U
Lego City Undercover Wii U
Get SimCity PC free
Register it and get DS3 free.

I can do a little over $30 each for those 4.

[quote name='Showstoppa42']SimCity will be on sale at Best Buy on March 24th for $39.99. As long as you buy it and activate it on Sunday or Monday, you'll be entitled to a free Dead Space 3. It's like getting each game for $20.[/QUOTE]

Oh, nice. I think I'll jump on this then.

[quote name='Showstoppa42']SimCity will be on sale at Best Buy on March 24th for $39.99. As long as you buy it and activate it on Sunday or Monday, you'll be entitled to a free Dead Space 3. It's like getting each game for $20.[/QUOTE]

This is a really good idea.

[quote name='omgitsjg']what exactly does "register your game" mean?[/QUOTE]

I believe it is in the same vein as...and I may be wrong...registering as a sex offender.

It's nice to see that EA is actually giving away a free game for their mistakes. I find it hilarious that SimCity 4 is on this list and the fact that none of the other Sims games are. Haha.

Install it origin, there is not much else you can do with the code !!

Already have SimCity 4 on Steam. The rest of those games either already have or not interested in.

I may get SimCity when it goes on sale on Sunday and redeem it to also get Mass Effect 3, but I hear ME3 was just a shooter. I liked it when the franchise was an RPG.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']When you get your free game... does it directly add into your Origin account or do they supply you a key?[/QUOTE]
I says something about a game portal you can access when you login to origin account, so probably a website where you can choose a game. I just hope the little chance that it is a cd-key happens. My friend doesn't care about any other games, so I could get free game from him.
https://help.ea.com/article/simcity-something-extra

Login to your Origin account and add/register the cd-key to account.

Aargh, anyone else on the fence here? Sim City + Dead Space 3 for $40 is a really good deal (plus tax and a trip to the local best buy on Sunday). Aside for the always-on DRM and the initial server problems, how is Sim City?

[quote name='mkaliaz']Aargh, anyone else on the fence here? Sim City + Dead Space 3 for $40 is a really good deal (plus tax and a trip to the local best buy on Sunday). Aside for the always-on DRM and the initial server problems, how is Sim City?[/QUOTE]

It's not bad. If you like the other SimCity games, you'll probably like it. I havent noticed any server issues since they announced the free game a week ago.

[quote name='apterous']Already have SimCity 4 on Steam. The rest of those games either already have or not interested in.

I may get SimCity when it goes on sale on Sunday and redeem it to also get Mass Effect 3, but I hear ME3 was just a shooter. I liked it when the franchise was an RPG.[/QUOTE]

Well you heard wrong about ME3. Just because the game has refined its shooter mechanics does not mean it lost all its RPG qualities. Personally a RPG with crappy fighting mechanics is way more frustrating. ME3 has plenty of RPG and customization options.

Wonder what this does to the market value of SimCity...?

Might more people be buying it now to get Dead Space 3 and sell SimCity for a nice chunk of change back?

Just watch the Trading Forum...I bet we see a few 50/50 transactions at the $40 price point - $20 SimCity & $20 Dead Space 3. Thanks, EA. :lol:

[quote name='Bizzquik']Wonder what this does to the market value of SimCity...?

Might more people be buying it now to get Dead Space 3 and sell SimCity for a nice chunk of change back?

Just watch the Trading Forum...I bet we see a few 50/50 transactions at the $40 price point - $20 SimCity & $20 Dead Space 3. Thanks, EA. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I believe you have to activate the game on your Origin account and then they allow you to add any of the listed games to the same Origin account. This would make any splitting or reselling impossible.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']I believe you have to activate the game on your Origin account and then they allow you to add any of the listed games to the same Origin account. This would make any splitting or reselling impossible.[/QUOTE]

Ah, that makes sense. Good call.

[quote name='Flowstance']Lol, this should NOT be in deals.[/QUOTE]

Well if someone doesn't own the game and did not know they could get a extra game for free then it certainly could be considered a deal.

[quote name='TheArmoredVirus']im laughing hardcore at all the people who said theyve played, let alone enjoyed sim city.[/QUOTE]

Hey... to each his own. I've enjoyed it.

[quote name='Komentra']Well if someone doesn't own the game and did not know they could get a extra game for free then it certainly could be considered a deal.[/QUOTE]

Two games that just came out for $40? That's not a deal? I mean, srsly.

Of course, yes, I'm aware that SimCity is only the barren husk of a game and Dead Space 3 is a microtransaction farm for EA, but they are technically games.

Games are no longer games. In the world we now live in, games are like bait. Consumers, innocent and naive, swim toward the bait thinking it is yummy worms. Delicious worms. Wriggling, twisting, tasty worms. Oddly rubbery worms, but worms nonetheless and worms are all tasty, aren't they? We open our mouths to eat the delicious worms and--

OW OW OW! OMG! THERE'S A HOOK IN THAT WORM! WHO THE HELL PUTS A NASTY RUSTY SERRATED HOOK IN A F'ING WORM? OMG! THAT NASTY RUSTED METAL IS IN MAH LIP! HELP! HELP! I'M BEING REELED IN! OMG... WHAT IS THAT? WHY IS HE RUBBING HIS BELLY AND SLAPPING HIS LIPS TOGETHER?

And then into the cooler we go. We struggle and we twitch, but Origin is a cool (not cold), tight space filled with all the other suckers...er... I mean, consumers...er... I mean, fish to go. Plop, plop, plop! We all fit in the Origin cooler.

At the end of a long, hard day of hooking suckers, we can't see anything but the white around us. However, we hear the distant sound of a motor and feel the vibration of the boat as it begins to move towards shore. Your buddy down south asks, "Do you think they're going to let us go?"

"Yeah," you lie with tears in your eyes. "I'm sure they're just taking us farther out to sea. I'm sure they'll let us go. Close your eyes and try to get some sleep."

But you know the truth. Once EA's got you, they ain't ever lettin' you go.

I don't like Sim City in general but was thinking about getting this for the free game. Then I realized that since I hate sim city I'd be paying for the "free game".

Yes this should be posted here. $40 for both the games is a great deal. Thankfully I paid $28 for it during that India price mistake, so I didnt really care if we got something or not.

[quote name='etcrane']It's a good deal for $40 if you were wise enough to wait ...[/QUOTE]

Why wait? Just get it now from Best Buy for instore pickup, then call CS and PM this Sunday

bread's done
Back