Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate CAG Group

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#31 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

That is one thing I would like Capcom to incorporate in this series, a possible "Guild system". I would love to have a 3DS XL with MH3U, but it would be too much of a distraction for me with school and work. I feel bad for my PS3 and Ni No Kuni collecting dust.

fs_overall.png

#32 skubish

skubish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

Anyone having problems with the 3DS transfer tool? My Wii U and 3DS never can find each other. I don't know what the trick is.
Posted Image

Posted Image

3DS Friend Code: 2406 5141 9292

#33 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:55 AM

Anyone having problems with the 3DS transfer tool? My Wii U and 3DS never can find each other. I don't know what the trick is.

Mine worked fine for me on the first try. I usually start the WiiU version first then the 3DS picks it up right away. Maybe turning off Wifi on your WiiU might help or something?

Also gonna be out of town for like a week and a half. Please don't delete me for being inactive, gonna play the living hell out of the game the moment I get home. Still trudging through the 3DS version in the mean time

Edited by dgwillia006, 30 March 2013 - 05:37 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#34 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

No need for deletions. Reached HR2, and essentially helping others get there. One upgrade away from my Binding Bludgeon. Rocking Jaggi Armor, looks nice next step is going to be Rathian.

fs_overall.png

#35 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

Been running some co-op with the lady friend. Takin' it slow but having fun. Using the Hunter Horn and working on wrapping up my Qurupeco set. Gotta smash some more flints off of that thing. We stopped at Barroth, I think.
You guys get any good sessions going here?

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#36 Mad D

Mad D

CAG lurker since 04

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

Not yet, I've been playing with a close friend of mine but any of you are welcomed to add me and I'll be willing to help out.

#37 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

I feel bad for my PS3 and Ni No Kuni collecting dust.

Ugh. This is why I feel like I really should hold off on this huge timesink. I just really got started on Ni No kuni and then I've still got Xcom, FFXIII-2 Valkyria Chronicles & Darksiders I & II to beat which are all really long games (that's not even counting Sticker Star & Fire Emblem but portable games are almost a different category for me). I hope people are still playing in a few months because I would like to get into it I've just got too much of a backlog.

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30

#38 synnarc

synnarc

old & crotchety

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

synnarc | synnarc | Undecided | Eastern | Brand New to the series

Brand new to the series. I currently have ZERO WiiU friends. I'm a pretty friendly old guy if anyone is interested in adding me. Kids usually go to bed around 8:30.

Posted Image

#39 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

After putting 93 hours into the game in 8 days I had to take a break. I just need a few days off so I can put some time into Metal Gear Rising, Walking Dead SI & some other stuff.

538822.png

#40 synnarc

synnarc

old & crotchety

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

I stayed up until 2am playing last night without realizing what time it had become. My alarm clock for work was down right rude to my ear at 6.

Couple of noob questions. How do you use the BBQ spit to cook? It's always x'd out for me. And the golden fish 1 star quest - catching the first one spooked the others away. I went back to camp and traveled to all the other parts of the map and they never came back. I also fished out all the other fish in the area. What am I missing here?

#41 sirdudeoi

sirdudeoi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

sirdudeoi | sirdudeoi | Undecided - liking sword & shield best right now | Pacific Standard Time | Brand New to the series

Just picked my copy up yesterday. Plan to be on in evenings and will be able to play much more often once the patch comes out and I can play the game on my gamepad instead of TV.

#42 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:57 AM

I stayed up until 2am playing last night without realizing what time it had become. My alarm clock for work was down right rude to my ear at 6.

Couple of noob questions. How do you use the BBQ spit to cook? It's always x'd out for me. And the golden fish 1 star quest - catching the first one spooked the others away. I went back to camp and traveled to all the other parts of the map and they never came back. I also fished out all the other fish in the area. What am I missing here?

For the BBQ spit you have to wait till a little after the music ends and then hit the confirm button.

You will see the meat change colors and you want to hit the button right when it turns the right shade of red/orange.

With the golden fish I believe you can use a certain bait to make it easier.

Man I have to say I've been hooked on this game.

Been completely ignoring all my other games and having a blast with it. Love that they incorporated colored beasts in this game and the online mode is really revamped from the original Tri.

One thing I don't like however is that if the host of a room leaves everyone gets booted from the lobby. Wish it would transfer the host to another user. :/

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#43 MidRetro

MidRetro

Game Completist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:11 AM

I've added most of the posters in this thread, including synnarc and sirdudeoi.

I'm going to try to and finish the 1 star quests this week so I can join everybody online soon.

Currently Playing:
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Animal Crossing:New Leaf & Mario Golf: World Tour
:ds: Nothing
:360: Shinobi+Hanzo.jpg

#44 Mogambi

Mogambi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:41 PM

Feel free to add me. I have played about 25 hours. I am new to the Monster Hunter series.

Nintendo ID - Mogambi

#45 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:19 AM

Finally got home, didnt get as much time to play while I was gone as I hoped. Still HR1 (Though I think I only need to beat Gobul and Lagiacruz). So i'm up for a group if anyone wants, using a HH with Quropeco armor at the moment
Posted ImagePosted Image

#46 Mad D

Mad D

CAG lurker since 04

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:29 AM

Finally got home, didnt get as much time to play while I was gone as I hoped. Still HR1 (Though I think I only need to beat Gobul and Lagiacruz). So i'm up for a group if anyone wants, using a HH with Quropeco armor at the moment

I need a Gobul lantern for a town quest just never got around to hunting one again, hope I catch you when you're on.

#47 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

TrumpetDan | TrumpetDan | Sword & shield currently | Pacific time zone | New to the series |

#48 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

Gonna be on for the next 2-3 hours if anyone else wants to do some HR1/Event Quest stuff
Posted ImagePosted Image

#49 Mad D

Mad D

CAG lurker since 04

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

Your games were always full when I checked DG, next time.

Me and a friend got to G rank, I really don't mind helping out lower rank quest.

#50 synnarc

synnarc

old & crotchety

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:08 AM

Does anyone have the time and patience to teach me the ropes? I've yet to play online and finished up to the 3* stuff in the main town. I have a phobia of being the group scrub in online games.
Posted Image

#51 Mad D

Mad D

CAG lurker since 04

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:24 AM

Does anyone have the time and patience to teach me the ropes? I've yet to play online and finished up to the 3* stuff in the main town. I have a phobia of being the group scrub in online games.

3 stars, I think you're ready enough to get online. I've played online plenty of times with people who launch me into the air with their great swords or continuously slashing away with their dual swords without stopping so I can get out of the way. As long as you don't do without an occasional "sorry about that" you'll be fine.

You can add me sometime if you'd like to. After making it to G rank with a friend he seemed to have lost interest in playing. Any of you can add me if you'd like.

#52 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

Your welcome to add me, my ID is SgtWiggles. I'm not planning on going past HR3 for a bit until I can get some better gear and start some of the High Rank village quests
Posted ImagePosted Image

#53 synnarc

synnarc

old & crotchety

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:32 PM

Thanks guys, I sent friends requests. I'm usually available after 9PM eastern after the kids go to bed.
Posted Image

#54 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

Just picked up a 3DS XL and this to compliment my Wii-U and MH3U there.

fs_overall.png

#55 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:58 PM

ANyone using Circle Pad Pro for the 3DS XL? If so is it good? I'm contemplating on picking this up. Also you maybe we should designate a "room" for CAG?

fs_overall.png

#56 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

If your playing solely on the 3DS, then yeah you'd need it. Especially for the underwater battles or maybe if your using a Bow/Bowgun. I couldn't imagine trying to fight Caedeus without it, even Ludroth was giving me trouble underwater
Posted ImagePosted Image

#57 BREVITY

BREVITY

The Soul of Wit.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

BREVITY
New to the series. I have the 3DS and Wii U versions. 5h in.
3DS Friend Code:4382-1988-8437 QR Image http://yfrog.com/gzvezjyj
iOS GameCenter Name: BREVITY
Posted ImagePosted Image
Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

#58 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

ANyone using Circle Pad Pro for the 3DS XL? If so is it good? I'm contemplating on picking this up. Also you maybe we should designate a "room" for CAG?

Absolutely get one. I couldn't recommend it more.

#59 MrBigFeathers

MrBigFeathers

Man on the Corner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

I have been reading and watching quite a bit about this game and it looks like it may be a good PSO replacement. I know the games aren't terribly similar but I really enjoy the multiplayer hunting aspect. Is this anyone's first Monster Hunter game? If so, how hard is it to get into and is it worth buying a WiiU for?

Tonight's forecast... Dark.

#60 Mad D

Mad D

CAG lurker since 04

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

I have been reading and watching quite a bit about this game and it looks like it may be a good PSO replacement.

I've read that is a common comparison, even that Monster Hunter was inspired by PSO. Monster Hunter is a methodical game relying on the player's approach and strategy to the monsters where as you know, Phantasy Star is more hack and slash grinding dungeon crawler.

It's a game that a purchase or a rent may be required in order for you to see if you'll be pleased with the game, the demo is not a good representation of the game. Tri for the old Wii was my first entry to the series and at one point I felt that I couldn't get into the series. I ended up putting more than a hundred hours into it. I feel that with off screen play you'll be able to put many hours into it thanks to that quick handheld session feeling.

I'm contemplating on picking this up. Also you maybe we should designate a "room" for CAG?

World C Lobby 3? I usually join games from the search bar but if I ever see a room named CAG in that lobby I'd stop on in. I've added you to my friend list.

Edited by Mad D, 30 April 2013 - 07:47 PM.