Photo
- - - - -

GGT 226 wants a slice of Leda's roast beef, smothered in her au jus.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
500 replies to this topic

#181 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

Yes.
Auto fail for using Deus Ex 1 and not System Shock 2.

Speaking of System Shock 2, best thing about Infinite is the 1999 mode. Nice to see something hardcore in it so you can make the wrong choices and get fucked over. :D

Posted Image Posted Image

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#182 j-cart

j-cart

PAPER TRAILS on a mountain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

It has a lot of potential. Will it be good? Most likely it will be. Will it be great? We'll have to see.

Even if it ends up being decent, it has that 1999 mode so it'll at least be fun. I love a challenge. ^_^ #KenLevine2013

Anyway, the new JT album is pretty good.

Edit: Oh right, the new Gears game was released today. Is it any good?

Totally forgot about the 1999 mode.

I still don't understand why people are so hyped for bioshock. Sure the first two games were above average shooters, but they really didn't do anything special.

I agree. At the time Bioshock 1 was pretty meh, though the story was fun. Didn't even bother with the second game. However come to 2013 and the FPS singleplayer genre is pretty much in the shitter. Crysis 3 is pretty bland, despite having a kick ass bow. Heard great things about Far Cry 3, but I'm not in the mood for that kind of FPS game. I want that SP experience and right now I think Infinite has that chance.

Plus I got it with my gfx card, so yeah :D

The level of detail put into the environment design, the core mechanics are fun, there's lots of ways to accomplish your goals, the general story/level design are great (the last 1/3 of Bioshock not included... the final boss design there was a cop out).

Now the hype about Bioshock Infinite? I'm cautious here. Levine hasn't put out a game since the original Bioshock, right? It's an entirely new world, so it's unclear as to whether or not the "magic" from the original Bioshock (that the new studio somehow managed to keep alive in the sequel) will be recreated.

Levine has a great (though very short) track record and knowing bits behind the scenes of the industry, I can say that he really has been making sure that this was the game that he wanted to make. Which is also points to why there is no MP in the game (this is a good thing, hopefully).

Shooting mechanics seemed fine to me in my... 3 playthroughs of Bioshock and 1 of Bioshock 2. Guns felt good, had interesting firing properties -- the powers worked well and allowed for improvisation. The upgrade system worked nicely and allowed further diversification.

Best FPS I've ever played, shooting mechanic wise? Probably not. But I felt it was pretty competent to say the least.

Agreed, not the worse shooting mechanics *cough* Killzone *cough* but not the best either.

#183 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

Never liked Killzone 1 or 2, never played 3. In fact, CrysisZone looks like an improvement.

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#184 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

Shit, I forgot Isaac dropped today. Gotta check that out.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 8/15/14   Shovel Knight      |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#185 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

Never liked Killzone 1 or 2, never played 3. In fact, CrysisZone looks like an improvement.

No.

(1)Totally forgot about the 1999 mode.

(2)I agree. At the time Bioshock 1 was pretty meh, though the story was fun. Didn't even bother with the second game. However come to 2013 and the FPS singleplayer genre is pretty much in the shitter. Crysis 3 is pretty bland, despite having a kick ass bow. Heard great things about Far Cry 3, but I'm not in the mood for that kind of FPS game. I want that SP experience and right now I think Infinite has that chance.

(3)Levine has a great (though very short) track record and knowing bits behind the scenes of the industry, I can say that he really has been making sure that this was the game that he wanted to make. Which is also points to why there is no MP in the game (this is a good thing, hopefully).

(4)Agreed, not the worse shooting mechanics *cough* Killzone *cough* but not the best either.

(1) What's 1999 mode?
(2) Disagree. Also Fuck "meh". Toss it in the fire with "bomba" and "gdlk" among others.
(3) I know Levine is supposed to be respected and props to him if it's the game he *wanted* to make. Not every game needs multi either, so it's great to see that he had enough clout to not carry that forward from Bioshock 2.
(4) Agree then disagree. KZ2 and KZ3 are probably my favorite console multiplayer shooters. I'm not quite sure what ranks on the bottom for me, but I can tell you the Halo games are probably down towards the bottom of my list.

#186 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

Levine has a great (though very short) track record and knowing bits behind the scenes of the industry, I can say that he really has been making sure that this was the game that he wanted to make. Which is also points to why there is no MP in the game (this is a good thing, hopefully).

Pretty much this and what Frost said.

The game was delayed because Ken thought the game was not ready yet. He wanted to release a complete game rather than a half-assed one.

I'm mostly interested in Elizabeth. She is one of the reasons the game has been delayed for so long. Ken wants us to care for her. Who wants her alive? What is her purpose? Who is Elizabeth? Plus, her AI seems great.

The combat also looks like a lot of fun. Plasmids seem to be a lot different than those in the first two Bioshock games.

Edit: 1999 mode is similar to old school games; limited resources, penalties for respawing, decisions that will affect the rest of your game. If I remember correctly, if you specialize in one weapon you are stuck with it. So you can end up screwing yourself over if you don't plan accordingly. I haven't really kept up with it though so I'm not sure if they've spoken about it again.

#187 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

That's the cost of Isaac/Zeus/New Stage, man.

No, $10 is the cost for that. I'm too much of a jealous baby to play it with those who get them for free. [-(

#188 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

I'm definitely glad they aren't wasting time with multiplayer for Infinite. Smart move.

#189 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

Ugh, the DLC is $10? No thank you. ._.

#190 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

Ugh, the DLC is $10? No thank you. ._.

Yeah, that changes things. Bummer.

#191 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

(4) Agree then disagree. KZ2 and KZ3 are probably my favorite console multiplayer shooters. I'm not quite sure what ranks on the bottom for me, but I can tell you the Halo games are probably down towards the bottom of my list.

I had ton of fun with KZ MP, but the FPS controls for that game were just not smooth at all.

#192 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

Apply Ubik only as directed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

not sure what you guys are on
bioshock infinite is a 8/10 tops

original bioshock hasnt aged well either
not sure what is to be expected
from a bunch of dudes who made their last game in 2006

vpnz.png2h50m13.gif2eb67tj.jpgn5qy6u.gif

#193 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:31 PM

wtf
why arent sony smash characters free?
thats sum bullshit

#194 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:34 PM

Bioshock was in 2007 nubcake and if u play it on pc it still looks greats and runs at around 40-60 fps on my laptop bitch. I got Gears: Judgement, who be co-oping with me yo
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#195 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:36 PM

i dont care how it looks
shits old
there have been many set piece games since that are way better

#196 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:39 PM

not that many doe. name em lol
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#197 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:42 PM

calladuty

metro

#198 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:42 PM

Resistance 3.

Conduit 2.

#199 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

Resistance 3.

Conduit 2.

Conduit 2 lmao. bioshock 1 and metro are scary and immersive, the other ones are just shooters dawg

Posted Image
Posted Image

#200 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

metro was waaayyyy better than bioshock

#201 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:47 PM

Posted Image

#202 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

This thread got hilarious.

#203 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

yo jcart is the exp glitch still up

#204 Krymner

Krymner

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:08 AM

I thought Bioshock 1 was alright. Then I played #2 and I was all "WTF? I thought I done beat this game." I just never could get myself motivated to get thru more than half of it. Might get Infinite when it hits <$20 just like I did the other two.

Almost done with my second playthru of ME. Being renegade really dont change much at all so far. I am disappoint.

#205 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:17 AM

yo jcart is the exp glitch still up

Nope. Tonight's maintenance will fix the bolstering gain on Ilum.

Either way, I need to complete the story quests for the legacy buff to work, which is to complete chapter 2 of each class story.

#206 weevles

weevles

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

Posted Image

#207 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:26 AM

No, $10 is the cost for that. I'm too much of a jealous baby to play it with those who get them for free. [-(

We should play tonight <3

Conduit 2 lmao. bioshock 1 and metro are scary and immersive, the other ones are just shooters dawg

I still need to give Metro a go on PC. The 360 version is a pile of shit. One of the biggest technical messes I've seen this gen.

Posted Image

God, how I love a woman with a deep throat.

#208 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:32 AM

why would u do that in a parking lot
rape

#209 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:51 AM

http://www.videogame...ry-2013-usa.htm

people need to buy more games

#210 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:13 AM

wtf
why arent sony smash characters free?
thats sum bullshit

Yeah. Their game didn't sell well at all and let's have them work to develop two new characters and a new stage and then give it away for free! That's great business acumen. Remind me to invest in whatever you're selling.

not sure what you guys are on
bioshock infinite is a 8/10 tops

original bioshock hasnt aged well either
not sure what is to be expected
from a bunch of dudes who made their last game in 2006

Can't say about infinite, but Bioshock has aged fine. I played it for the 3rd time in 2010 or maybe even 2011 and it was still a great time.

I had ton of fun with KZ MP, but the FPS controls for that game were just not smooth at all.

If you say so, boss. Seems smooth enough to me.
Then again, I didn't mind Killzone 2 before the patch... I've always thought the controls felt like there was some "weight" to them, which I kind of liked.

i dont care how it looks
shits old
there have been many set piece games since that are way better

Not really. There are relatively few games where I felt as immersed in the world as I did when I played Bioshock. The Dark/Demon's Souls games are two of them... but other than that...

calladuty

metro

:rofl:
Yeah man, CoD is as immersive as it gets man. I felt like I've fought in about 6 wars now.
And don't even get me started on Metro... I don't understand why people praise that game... I'll give it a shot one day, but I doubt it will live up to the hype.

Resistance 3.

Conduit 2.

Better choices than the last two. :rofl:

metro was waaayyyy better than bioshock

I know opinions generally aren't wrong... but holy Fuck.