Photo
- - - - -

GGT 226 wants a slice of Leda's roast beef, smothered in her au jus.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
500 replies to this topic

#211 ihadFG

ihadFG

Adamustache

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:20 AM

Hyped for Infinite. Bioshock is one of my favorite games this gen. Surprised almost no one here likes it. That is uncommon.

#212 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

Apply Ubik only as directed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:20 AM

you prolly didnt even play it on pc
troll on brosef

plus sony smash people said their dlc was going to be free
w/e they got what they deserved
dont charge 60 bucks for a 30-40 dollar game
i bought the game for the first two pieces of free dlc
shows how much you know aboot business

oh yea
arent you the guy who said mgs3 sucks?
lol

opinions lol

vpnz.png2h50m13.gif2eb67tj.jpgn5qy6u.gif

#213 BlueScrote

BlueScrote

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:21 AM

If we're talking gameplay, they were strictly average. Shooting mechanics were pretty weak, but they had force powers. See the Force Unleashed 1/2 as a close example. Dodgy mechanics with powers as a hook.

This is true. I stumbled through TFU1/2 simply because playing with the powers was fun.

Shooting mechanics seemed fine to me in my... 3 playthroughs of Bioshock and 1 of Bioshock 2.

It continues to amaze me how many games to beat multiple times. How much time do you spend gaming? I mean that in a non-derogatory manner, I'm legitimately curious since I know you are an adult with responsibilities and such.

#214 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:27 AM

Hyped for Infinite. Bioshock is one of my favorite games this gen. Not surprised almost no one here likes it. That is common.

Fixed. And agreed. We hate.

This is true. I stumbled through TFU1/2 simply because playing with the powers was fun.

I played all of KOTOR simply because it was Star Wars and I wanted to be an evil ass sith and kill everyone.

Mission complete. 8-)

Posted Image Posted Image

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#215 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:28 AM

for whoknows
good luck finding an inferior ps3 version

Posted Image

#216 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:29 AM

We should play tonight <3

Maybe if my net cooperates later.

#217 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:32 AM

you prolly didnt even play it on pc
troll on brosef

plus sony smash people said their dlc was going to be free
w/e they got what they deserved
dont charge 60 bucks for a 30-40 dollar game
i bought the game for the first two pieces of free dlc
shows how much you know aboot business

oh yea
arent you the guy who said mgs3 sucks?
lol

Yeah, I'm the one trolling? Didn't realize I was trying. I'll have to put more effort into it and get some lessons from Zeki. In the meantime...

A game with an immersive atmosphere that competently pulls off an undersea utopia based on Ayn Rand's philospophies gone horribly wrong vs a game that competently makes you feel like you're stuck in some underground tunnels/sewers in Russia. There is no doubt in my mind which game has better art direction and design. And as I said, Bioshock has aged fine.

Good or bad game aside, Superbot didn't *deserve* anything. They worked hard and put a lot of effort into their vision. They made a competent Smash Bros clone, which -- roster aside -- I've enjoyed more than any Smash Bros. game, for the Playstation brand... did they deserve to sell poorly? Doesn't matter. But if you thought (1) that you needed to buy the game to get the first batch of DLC free or (2) that all DLC for the game would be free, perhaps you should learn to read and/or research more carefully.

And I stand by my opinion -- for me, MGS3 is the worst of the 4 MGS games. If I'm ranking the games, they go like this:
MGS > MGS2 = MGS4 > MGS3
Is it a bad game? No. Is it the best MGS? Not by a long shot.

#218 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:33 AM

did u even play the game?
cuz it sounds like u never finished it
seems illogical to dismiss my opinion over a game u never finished

#219 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:35 AM

for whoknows
good luck finding an inferior ps3 version

I'm not surprised she's in such a dumb and boring pose.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#220 ihadFG

ihadFG

Adamustache

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:35 AM

Fixed. And agreed. We hate.

I somehow think that both my original statement and your fixed one make sense at the same time. I am surprised to see a group of people collectively disliking Bioshock, but I am not surprised that the GGT is that group.

#221 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:36 AM

i have to make a stand for her later trollmonger
once i do that ill whip out the bow

also the figure isnt very flexible

#222 ihadFG

ihadFG

Adamustache

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:38 AM

did u even play the game?
cuz it sounds like u never finished it
seems illogical to dismiss my opinion over a game u never finished

I am frequently tempted to dismiss your opinion because of the way you type.

#223 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:39 AM

I somehow think that both my original statement and your fixed one make sense at the same time. I am surprised to see a group of people collectively disliking Bioshock, but I am not surprised that the GGT is that group.

Hey, it makes me happy. I remember getting jumped all over when I originally dissed it after release, after I actually played the whole game and thought it had an interesting setting, but mediocre gameplay, and wasn't worth the insane amount of hype and love it was receiving.

Kinda reminds me how I said SFIV was poopy, and people said YOU JUST DON'T LIKE IT BECAUSE IT'S NOT 3RD STRIKE!! Damn right, it's not 3rd Strike. Agreed.

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#224 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:39 AM

It continues to amaze me how many games to beat multiple times. How much time do you spend gaming? I mean that in a non-derogatory manner, I'm legitimately curious since I know you are an adult with responsibilities and such.

Hard to say...

I usually game at night instead of watching TV or something. Some nights I'll game for like 5-8 hours? Some nights I don't game at all.

I can't stop laughing. :rofl:

#225 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:40 AM

Gaming is easy. Just don't waste your time watching TV.

#226 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:42 AM

Gaming is easy. Just don't waste your time watching TV.

Yup the only show I watch on tv is elementary and walking dead. I aint gots time for tv yo

#227 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:42 AM

then that shows on u bro
nikola tesla was a virgin with weird hair
alot of people didnt want to listen to him either
based on his mannerisms

its a stupid thing what humans do
when they see something different

#228 ihadFG

ihadFG

Adamustache

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:46 AM

Hey, it makes me happy. I remember getting jumped all over when I originally dissed it after release, after I actually played the whole game and thought it had an interesting setting, but mediocre gameplay, and wasn't worth the insane amount of hype and love it was receiving.

Kinda reminds me how I said SFIV was poopy, and people said YOU JUST DON'T LIKE IT BECAUSE IT'S NOT 3RD STRIKE!! Damn right, it's not 3rd Strike. Agreed.

As someone who does love the original Bioshock, I think it's perfectly fine for you to have that opinion. I like the gameplay, but I realize not everyone has to enjoy it. It's just funny to me that for a game that is pretty well regarded everywhere else, the GGT of course has the opposite opinion. I don't think any hyped game lives up to that hype for the GGT.

then that shows on u bro
nikola tesla was a virgin with weird hair
alot of people didnt want to listen to him either
based on his mannerisms

its a stupid thing what humans do
when they see something different

I think Nikola Tesla would have agreed that your typing is bad.

#229 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:48 AM

well embrace it or ignore it
but stop talking about it

#230 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:49 AM

As someone who does love the original Bioshock, I think it's perfectly fine for you to have that opinion. I like the gameplay, but I realize not everyone has to enjoy it. It's just funny to me that for a game that is pretty well regarded everywhere else, the GGT of course has the opposite opinion. I don't think any hyped game lives up to that hype for the GGT.

Again, we hate. 8-) Tomb Raider seemed to go over quite well, and there are a few Deadly Premonition fans in here. I'm waiting for the PS3 version. And I pushed Binary Domain on a lot of people because that game is awesome. So we don't hate on everything.

Maybe we are just picky. :bouncy:

#231 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:52 AM

I eventually played binary domain
because you wouldnt shut up about it hank
goty 2012

#232 ihadFG

ihadFG

Adamustache

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:52 AM

Again, we hate. 8-) Tomb Raider seemed to go over quite well, and there are a few Deadly Premonition fans in here. I'm waiting for the PS3 version. And I pushed Binary Domain on a lot of people because that game is awesome. So we don't hate on everything.

Maybe we are just picky. :bouncy:

Tomb Raider has only been played by a few people in here so far. I'm sure the hate (or at least the mehs) will come. And I'm not sure if Deadly Premonition or Binary Domain count as hyped games. Not saying the GGT hates everything. Just that there tends to be more dissenting opinions towards big critically acclaimed AAA games.

And yes, most of the GGT is indeed picky.

#233 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:53 AM

Fuck yeah. I'm a pusher man.

#234 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:54 AM

Maybe if my net cooperates later.

Sounds good to me!

Also, I like Bioshock a lot. Super stoked for Infinite next week. Can't wait to download it.

#235 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:56 AM

Fuck yeah. I'm a pusher man.

#236 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:58 AM

:rofl:
Yeah man, CoD is as immersive as it gets man. I felt like I've fought in about 6 wars now.
And don't even get me started on Metro... I don't understand why people praise that game... I'll give it a shot one day, but I doubt it will live up to the hype.

It doesn't. Feels like a bargain bin title and has so many glitches that it becomes infuriating to play on anything about easy which makes it crazy boring. I have no idea how it got such a cult following. I love just about everything Russia and Post-Apocalyptic and I couldn't stand more than 5 hours.

#237 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:58 AM

Tomb Raider has only been played by a few people in here so far. I'm sure the hate (or at least the mehs) will come. And I'm not sure if Deadly Premonition or Binary Domain count as hyped games. Not saying the GGT hates everything. Just that there tends to be more dissenting opinions towards big critically acclaimed AAA games.

And yes, most of the GGT is indeed picky.

But those people liked Tomb Raider, no? That was my point. Looks sweet to me, so Imma play it eventually. And they aren't hyped games, never said they were. I just used them as examples of games that people in here like. We just see through the hype usually, and take a game for what it is, and get what we want out of it. Do we like Halo in here? Joel does, and I'm going to assume there are a few others. I think Halo is alright. It is what it is.

We all have differing opinions on things, and rarely do we have a hive mind mentality on everything. It's what makes things interesting in here, rather than it being 500 posts about how Hyped Up Flavor Of The Week is going to be the Game Of The Forever, or waxing poetically about a "classic" that's still within the same gen. My two cents on it all.

#238 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:02 AM

It doesn't. Feels like a bargain bin title and has so many glitches that it becomes infuriating to play on anything about easy which makes it crazy boring. I have no idea how it got such a cult following. I love just about everything Russia and Post-Apocalyptic and I couldn't stand more than 5 hours.

overeacting

i beat the game on xbox 360 with no problems
it is better on pc
but has poor optimization.

at the time of release it used just as much resources as crysis 1
so alot of people skipped over it

the "cult" are the people who didnt encounter bad bugs
or had a good enough pc

europeans arent very good at programming for consoles

#239 ihadFG

ihadFG

Adamustache

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:18 AM

But those people liked Tomb Raider, no? That was my point. Looks sweet to me, so Imma play it eventually. And they aren't hyped games, never said they were. I just used them as examples of games that people in here like. We just see through the hype usually, and take a game for what it is, and get what we want out of it. Do we like Halo in here? Joel does, and I'm going to assume there are a few others. I think Halo is alright. It is what it is.

We all have differing opinions on things, and rarely do we have a hive mind mentality on everything. It's what makes things interesting in here, rather than it being 500 posts about how Hyped Up Flavor Of The Week is going to be the Game Of The Forever, or waxing poetically about a "classic" that's still within the same gen. My two cents on it all.

Not saying that the GGT should like all the hyped games or anything. I agree that the differing opinions keep things interesting. Just saying that the trends here tend to be the opposite of the general opinion when it comes to the kind of games that receive a lot of love elsewhere. There's of course exceptions once in a while (and Tomb Raider could very well be one of them once the rest of us get around to playing it), but I've come to expect the opposite opinion here towards things like Bioshock.

#240 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:05 AM

Yo, Josh. Josh. Josh.

Posted Image

Posted Image