Free $10 Xbox LIVE eGift Card when you cash in $30 in coins @ Coinstar (Kroger only)

[quote name='chris00cm']How much does Coinstar charge? 10%?

So a net profit of $7. Not bad.[/QUOTE]

Well this particular deal requires you to put that $30 towards the no fee e-cert. It is more like add $30 get a $40 e-cert for MS points.

No fee for this.

Score a $10 bonus code for Xbox LIVE products when you cash in $30 or more at Coinstar in Kroger for a NO-FEE Xbox eCertificate. Your $10 bonus code will print on your receipt. Your eCertificate can be used for either an Xbox Live Gold Membership or Microsoft Points. 

So if you need points. Go to the bank, ask for $30 in quarters, go to Kroger, get $30 in MSP and get $10 free, so 3200 MSP for $30, not bad.

They don't charge anything for E-certificates

Wish I had a Kroger's here. I know its a huge chain though, so should work for quite a few CAGs. I would definitely do this if I could.

[quote name='Methoes']DO you still get the $30 back?[/QUOTE]

No you just get the $10, so a net loss of $20, great deal right? /sarcasm

[quote name='The Lord of Awesome']Doesn't coinstar accept bills now? I'll be all over this if they do[/QUOTE]

That would defeat the purpose. Insert cash to cashout in cash minus 10%?

What is a Xbox live ecertificate?

[quote name='Daniel09']That would defeat the purpose. Insert cash to cashout in cash minus 10%?

What is a Xbox live ecertificate?[/QUOTE]

I know it doesn't make a lot of sense but it's true. I believe it's so people can essentially use the machines as gift card vending machines.

I know I'll gladly 1/4 off some MS points.

[quote name='Daniel09']That would defeat the purpose. Insert cash to cashout in cash minus 10%?

What is a Xbox live ecertificate?[/QUOTE]

Coinstar DOES in fact accept paper money, I guess if people really want to buy gift cards for friends as gifts they don't need to throw quarters in the chute for 10 minutes. I put two $20 bills in a coinstar machine to get a $50 Amazon gift card when that promotion was running like two years ago.

Just 2 weeks ago I cashed in $50 in coins, this would have been a great offer. Oh well, I'm starting to now save all my coins (that time was my first time) so I'll be on the look out for these.

Didn't even think I'd get $50 from my coins. I started saving those for about 2 - 3 months before cashing it in. They were mostly change from my delivery tips and random change I find.

This pays for some of my bills every so often months. Life is good being cheap!

Offer available March 17-30, 2013, at the Kroger Co. family of stores: Kroger, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers, Dillons, City Market, Smith's, Baker's, Ralphs, QFC, and Gerbes.

None of those stores in my area. Lame. :(

Whoa, great timing. I was just considering picking up Darkstalkers Resurrection for 360. The only thing is, I might need that in actual money with Final Round XVI coming up. Decisions, decisions...

Might be best to stick with cash. I've read that some machines don't always count the coins accurately. So if you don't know exactly how much you are putting in, you could possibly be cheated if the machine "mistakenly" misses some coins.

This would be awesome if it were $20, I'd even be happy with $20+$5 free. But $30 is a bit much. Of course, if they offered 20+5 OR 30+10 it would be stupid not to go with the $30, so now we're back at square one.

Maybe I'll go there with a $20 and a $10 to see if that actually works, then I'll finally buy Microbot at full price :oldman:

Just last week (when GoW Ascension came out) I used a Meijer coinstar with $38 worth of coins. Should have just waited a week...

Interesting. I didn't realize Coinster had deals that got you out of the fee. Nice deal for who didn't load up on black Friday.

[quote name='XF Gator']So this is basically 2 1600 MS point cards for $15 each... I'll pass.[/QUOTE]

No, you get your normal cash from your change (over $30) then you get a free 800MS code!

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Wow been waiting for a long time for a coinstar deal. Unfortunately there are none of those stores in northern California[/QUOTE]

Theyre called Ralphs, bro.

This seems like a good deal to me. Nothing much I didn't pick up last round of XBLA sales, but would be good to have a balance of credit should something great come out. I may shlep my jug'o'coins over to Ralph's.

And TKSJOHN is wrong. You have to put $30 into an Xbox gift certificate, THEN you get a bonus $10 added. Don't confuse people by dishing out incorrect information.

For those who keep talking fees, it's also fee-free to get your Coinstar balance as an Amazon gift card (of course, you wouldn't get the XBox $10 bonus that way). Here's a list of all the places you can get fee-less gift cards for with your change: https://www.coinstar.com/freecoincounting.aspx

[quote name='ViolentLee']This seems like a good deal to me. Nothing much I didn't pick up last round of XBLA sales, but would be good to have a balance of credit should something great come out. I may shlep my jug'o'coins over to Ralph's.

And TKSJOHN is wrong. You have to put $30 into an Xbox gift certificate, THEN you get a bonus $10 added. Don't confuse people by dishing out incorrect information.

For those who keep talking fees, it's also fee-free to get your Coinstar balance as an Amazon gift card (of course, you wouldn't get the XBox $10 bonus that way). Here's a list of all the places you can get fee-less gift cards for with your change: https://www.coinstar.com/freecoincounting.aspx[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? So the code you get isn't for a free 800pts? You have to use the $30 you just cashed in to buy a $30 gift card which then becomes $40?

So basically you have to give Microsoft your $30 you just cashed in for an additional $10?

last time a coinstar offer ram (amazon MP3's) I just inserted $ bills and still got the offer. If your nervous with that approach go to the bank and get a coin roll

[quote name='Wedgie']Wait, what? So the code you get isn't for a free 800pts? You have to use the $30 you just cashed in to buy a $30 gift card which then becomes $40?

So basically you have to give Microsoft your $30 you just cashed in for an additional $10?[/QUOTE]

Makes sense to me (serious)

This is slightly a better deal than the BestBuy/GameStop bonus point offer, assuming you don't use the BestBuy Reward Zone app thing.

BestBuy / GameStop Bonus Point offer comes out to:
$0.010000 per Microsoft Point.

This deal comes out to:
$0.009375 per Microsoft Point.

I am glad that I held on to my $30+ in coins. ;)

[quote name='tribalnoise']Makes sense to me (serious)[/QUOTE]
Yes. By using the $30+ toward an Xbox Live point card, you will be spending that $30+ on Xbox-related products. And they give you a bonus $10 on top of that, to motivate you to buy their gift card instead of exercising one of the other options.
Wedgie: Why would Microsoft give you $10 for doing something that wouldn't involve them -- like getting cash for the coins?

Maybe the title could be changed to allay confusion? Something like: "Put $30 Toward Xbox Live Card at Coinstar, Get $10 Bonus Credit"

[quote name='TKSJOHN']No, you get your normal cash from your change (over $30) then you get a free 800MS code![/QUOTE]

Why would you think that? It clearly states that you need to use your $30 to buy a "NO-FEE Xbox eCertificate". So, you are basically spending $30 to get $40 worth of MS points. You do not get to keep your cash.

[quote name='mrclutch']Interesting. I didn't realize Coinster had deals that got you out of the fee. Nice deal for who didn't load up on black Friday.[/QUOTE]

The no fee part isn't anything new. They always waive the fee if you opt for a gift certificate instead of cash.

[quote name='CodeTrader']The no fee part isn't anything new. They always waive the fee if you opt for a gift certificate instead of cash.[/QUOTE]

Yep. And with Amazon being just as good as cash to me, coinstar has always been useful. Unfortunately the last time they did an Amazon bonus I was 1000 miles away from home and couldn't take advantage. I wish I had a store in the Kroger family near me because I really need to do something with my change bucket.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Kronger stores only. Then i guess it won't work on Waldbaum?[/QUOTE]

nearest Kroger to NYC/LI last I looked was South Carolina or the Pittsburgh side of PA, lot

(KESSELS 4 LYFE)

[quote name='ViolentLee']Yes. By using the $30+ toward an Xbox Live point card, you will be spending that $30+ on Xbox-related products. And they give you a bonus $10 on top of that, to motivate you to buy their gift card instead of exercising one of the other options.
Wedgie: Why would Microsoft give you $10 for doing something that wouldn't involve them -- like getting cash for the coins?

Maybe the title could be changed to allay confusion? Something like: "Put $30 Toward Xbox Live Card at Coinstar, Get $10 Bonus Credit"[/QUOTE]

I assumed it was the way I described, I just wanted to clarify because it seemed like other people in this thread understood it as you get a code for $10 worth of points or something and wanted to make sure I was interpreting this right. I agree it makes sense that you'd have to spend the $30 to get the $10.

[quote name='smokeyjoey8']Theyre called Ralphs, bro.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Wow been waiting for a long time for a coinstar deal. Unfortunately there are none of those stores in northern California[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, Ralph's is not a store that exists in Northern California.

I save all my change and cash them in for no fee iTunes/Amazon credit when I get a zip lock bag full. I've got probably $20ish now but don't remember seeing a bill slot on any of the Coinstars around me... Wonder what happens if you put a dollar down the coin slot. :)

Actually, if you get a gift card/code, there is no fee. Only if you want cash.

I took advantage of this a couple nights ago, and it worked perfectly. I managed to get the amount to $30 exactly since I didn't want any odd number of Microsoft Points, but as it would turn out, that's not really how it works. Basically, however much change you put in, you get an e-certificate worth that much towards whatever you chose. Once you enter the PIN and code on the website, it takes you to a site where you can choose what you want to redeem your credit on. Then you get to choose how much you want to spend on your membership or Microsoft Points in predetermined increments (I'm not sure about months, but MSP go in increments of $5/400 MSP), and once you spent the amount you wanted, you finalize the payment and it gives you a code to enter on Xbox's website. So don't worry about getting exactly $30 if you're OCD about points like me - just know that you probably won't be able to spend any of the extra change you end up with.

As for the bonus $10, that prints on the bottom of the "receipt," and it works exactly like the credit you get for your change. So make sure you don't toss it before you redeem that too, because it doesn't come included in the other code. :p

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I took advantage of this a couple nights ago, and it worked perfectly. I managed to get the amount to $30 exactly since I didn't want any odd number of Microsoft Points, but as it would turn out, that's not really how it works. Basically, however much change you put in, you get an e-certificate worth that much towards whatever you chose. Once you enter the PIN and code on the website, it takes you to a site where you can choose what you want to redeem your credit on. Then you get to choose how much you want to spend on your membership or Microsoft Points in predetermined increments (I'm not sure about months, but MSP go in increments of $5/400 MSP), and once you spent the amount you wanted, you finalize the payment and it gives you a code to enter on Xbox's website. So don't worry about getting exactly $30 if you're OCD about points like me - just know that you probably won't be able to spend any of the extra change you end up with.

As for the bonus $10, that prints on the bottom of the "receipt," and it works exactly like the credit you get for your change. So make sure you don't toss it before you redeem that too, because it doesn't come included in the other code. :p[/QUOTE]

So if you go over their predetermined increments, do you just have left over money you can't use until you enter more money to hit the next level increment?

So if you cashed in $30.50 you would have 50 cents sitting there until you enter more to get to $5?

[quote name='azngtlman']So if you go over their predetermined increments, do you just have left over money you can't use until you enter more money to hit the next level increment?

So if you cashed in $30.50 you would have 50 cents sitting there until you enter more to get to $5?[/QUOTE]

That is correct.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']you get to choose how much you want to spend on your membership or Microsoft Points in predetermined increments (I'm not sure about months, but MSP go in increments of $5/400 MSP), and once you spent the amount you wanted, you finalize the payment and it gives you a code to enter on Xbox's website.[/QUOTE]

Would I be able to redeem my $30 credit for 6x400point codes or does it have to be all at the same time? It would be great to not have to dump large amounts of points into my live account and I could use some of 400point codes as gifts/trades.

Does anyone know if this is still working today?

On the Coinstar page in one place it says 3/13-3/30 and in the fine print it says 3/13-3/31. I didn't see the actually machine mentioned anything about the bonus anywhere I could find.

bread's done
Back