Photo
- - - - -

Free $10 Xbox LIVE eGift Card when you cash in $30 in coins @ Coinstar (Kroger only)

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#31 guessed

guessed

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:56 AM

No, you get your normal cash from your change (over $30) then you get a free 800MS code!

Why would you think that? It clearly states that you need to use your $30 to buy a "NO-FEE Xbox eCertificate". So, you are basically spending $30 to get $40 worth of MS points. You do not get to keep your cash.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#32 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

He obviously didn't read the fine print in the link. The $10 amazon certificate they had in the past worked similarly.

#33 CodeTrader

CodeTrader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

Interesting. I didn't realize Coinster had deals that got you out of the fee. Nice deal for who didn't load up on black Friday.

The no fee part isn't anything new. They always waive the fee if you opt for a gift certificate instead of cash.

#34 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

Crap. I have a buttload of $1 coins I could use for this.

Too bad it's is Kroger's only.

#35 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

The no fee part isn't anything new. They always waive the fee if you opt for a gift certificate instead of cash.

Yep. And with Amazon being just as good as cash to me, coinstar has always been useful. Unfortunately the last time they did an Amazon bonus I was 1000 miles away from home and couldn't take advantage. I wish I had a store in the Kroger family near me because I really need to do something with my change bucket.

#36 heyheyhey11

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

Kronger stores only. Then i guess it won't work on Waldbaum?

#37 mcpeepants

mcpeepants

EAT YR POTATO RICKY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

Kronger stores only. Then i guess it won't work on Waldbaum?

nearest Kroger to NYC/LI last I looked was South Carolina or the Pittsburgh side of PA, lot

(KESSELS 4 LYFE)

#38 Wedgie

Wedgie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:10 AM

Yes. By using the $30+ toward an Xbox Live point card, you will be spending that $30+ on Xbox-related products. And they give you a bonus $10 on top of that, to motivate you to buy their gift card instead of exercising one of the other options.
Wedgie: Why would Microsoft give you $10 for doing something that wouldn't involve them -- like getting cash for the coins?

Maybe the title could be changed to allay confusion? Something like: "Put $30 Toward Xbox Live Card at Coinstar, Get $10 Bonus Credit"

I assumed it was the way I described, I just wanted to clarify because it seemed like other people in this thread understood it as you get a code for $10 worth of points or something and wanted to make sure I was interpreting this right. I agree it makes sense that you'd have to spend the $30 to get the $10.

#39 azngtlman

azngtlman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:41 AM

Theyre called Ralphs, bro.

Wow been waiting for a long time for a coinstar deal. Unfortunately there are none of those stores in northern California

Unfortunately, Ralph's is not a store that exists in Northern California.

#40 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:18 AM

I save all my change and cash them in for no fee iTunes/Amazon credit when I get a zip lock bag full. I've got probably $20ish now but don't remember seeing a bill slot on any of the Coinstars around me... Wonder what happens if you put a dollar down the coin slot. :)

#41 Quintessence

Quintessence

The Darkness Consumes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:31 AM

Time to walk to the nearby Ralph's with a bag of coins.

:bouncy: Free Cash and Prizes :bouncy:

Sign-up: PrizeRebel

100% free and quick to earn.

#42 robbyH

robbyH

The King of EVILLLLL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:44 AM

How much does Coinstar charge? 10%?

So a net profit of $7. Not bad.

Actually, if you get a gift card/code, there is no fee. Only if you want cash.

#43 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

I took advantage of this a couple nights ago, and it worked perfectly. I managed to get the amount to $30 exactly since I didn't want any odd number of Microsoft Points, but as it would turn out, that's not really how it works. Basically, however much change you put in, you get an e-certificate worth that much towards whatever you chose. Once you enter the PIN and code on the website, it takes you to a site where you can choose what you want to redeem your credit on. Then you get to choose how much you want to spend on your membership or Microsoft Points in predetermined increments (I'm not sure about months, but MSP go in increments of $5/400 MSP), and once you spent the amount you wanted, you finalize the payment and it gives you a code to enter on Xbox's website. So don't worry about getting exactly $30 if you're OCD about points like me - just know that you probably won't be able to spend any of the extra change you end up with.

As for the bonus $10, that prints on the bottom of the "receipt," and it works exactly like the credit you get for your change. So make sure you don't toss it before you redeem that too, because it doesn't come included in the other code. :P

#44 azngtlman

azngtlman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

I took advantage of this a couple nights ago, and it worked perfectly. I managed to get the amount to $30 exactly since I didn't want any odd number of Microsoft Points, but as it would turn out, that's not really how it works. Basically, however much change you put in, you get an e-certificate worth that much towards whatever you chose. Once you enter the PIN and code on the website, it takes you to a site where you can choose what you want to redeem your credit on. Then you get to choose how much you want to spend on your membership or Microsoft Points in predetermined increments (I'm not sure about months, but MSP go in increments of $5/400 MSP), and once you spent the amount you wanted, you finalize the payment and it gives you a code to enter on Xbox's website. So don't worry about getting exactly $30 if you're OCD about points like me - just know that you probably won't be able to spend any of the extra change you end up with.

As for the bonus $10, that prints on the bottom of the "receipt," and it works exactly like the credit you get for your change. So make sure you don't toss it before you redeem that too, because it doesn't come included in the other code. :P

So if you go over their predetermined increments, do you just have left over money you can't use until you enter more money to hit the next level increment?

So if you cashed in $30.50 you would have 50 cents sitting there until you enter more to get to $5?

#45 sethrhf

sethrhf

The Watcher

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:13 PM

So if you go over their predetermined increments, do you just have left over money you can't use until you enter more money to hit the next level increment?

So if you cashed in $30.50 you would have 50 cents sitting there until you enter more to get to $5?

That is correct.

#46 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:31 AM

you get to choose how much you want to spend on your membership or Microsoft Points in predetermined increments (I'm not sure about months, but MSP go in increments of $5/400 MSP), and once you spent the amount you wanted, you finalize the payment and it gives you a code to enter on Xbox's website.

Would I be able to redeem my $30 credit for 6x400point codes or does it have to be all at the same time? It would be great to not have to dump large amounts of points into my live account and I could use some of 400point codes as gifts/trades.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#47 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:08 AM

Need to come up with $30. Haha. Thanks op.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#48 The Carrot Cake Kid

The Carrot Cake Kid

Luvs Creamy Frosting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

Just got back from Kroger, worked great. Rest of my change went to Amazon credit.

#49 edison

edison

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

Does anyone know if this is still working today?

On the Coinstar page in one place it says 3/13-3/30 and in the fine print it says 3/13-3/31. I didn't see the actually machine mentioned anything about the bonus anywhere I could find.

#50 GrafixGuerilla

GrafixGuerilla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:51 AM

Took advantage of this deal as well, worked great. Cashed in all the coins found with my new metal detector.

#51 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

Damn. Finally got around to gathering up $30 in coins and the offer is expired. Ya snooze ya lose...

mqqgUvv.jpg   ECqYO0a.jpg
My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.

#52 The Carrot Cake Kid

The Carrot Cake Kid

Luvs Creamy Frosting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:31 PM

damn. Finally got around to gathering up $30 in coins and the offer is expired. Ya snooze ya lose...

cool
story
bro

#53 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

So the deal is dead? Better deal than Best Buy 400 bonus with 1600 ms points card. Much less out of my way, aside from withdrawing change from the bank.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#54 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:05 AM

cool
story
bro

I was alerting people the deal is dead. It may not be relevant to you as you already got in on the deal -- which begs the question why you're reading/replying any more, but I digress -- but other people may want to know. Some may even consider that downright neighborly of me.

My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.

#55 The Carrot Cake Kid

The Carrot Cake Kid

Luvs Creamy Frosting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

I was alerting people the deal is dead. It may not be relevant to you as you already got in on the deal -- which begs the question why you're reading/replying any more, but I digress -- but other people may want to know. Some may even consider that downright neighborly of me.

Solid work bumping a thread who's last response was 10 days old and was buried god knows how many pages back to "update" everyone.

#56 daminion

daminion

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

So much confusion here. You always get the full value of the coins that you turn into gift cards. Drop $30 of coins in, get a gift certificate for $30 to amazon, fandango, etc.

Sometimes they run promos like these where you get a bonus.

Coinstar makes money either way because they get a discount on the gift cards they sell since they do such a high volume. Amazon probably offers them a 13% discount due to the volume they drive. Fandango offers higher, likely 18%.

So you turn in $100 in coins and get a $100 gift certificate to Amazon and coinstar makes $13 since that $100 gift cert only cost them $87 to buy.

#57 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:20 PM

Sadly no Krogers around here. It's a pretty good deal, especially if the change was just sitting in a drawer.

#58 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:58 AM

Solid work bumping a thread who's last response was 10 days old and was buried god knows how many pages back to "update" everyone.

*whose