1600 Microsoft Points plus 400 free points $19.99 at Best Buy

This is back? Awesome! MIGHT jump on it.

Edit: Forgot I had a $5 Reward Zone credit. For $14.99 I can't resist! Thanks OP.

[quote name='ryanflucas']Online only? Or is this a special offer that comes on the card?[/QUOTE]

They will give you the extra 400 points digitally

Not sure if it's in stores

[quote name='ryanflucas']Online only? Or is this a special offer that comes on the card?[/QUOTE]

If it's like last time, if you buy it in-store, the 400 point code(s) will print on the receipt (and be emailed to your RZ email address).

Just grabbed the "Gears J season pass" marked one since both the 1600pt & the 400pt codes were digital. Ordered about a half an hour ago and just got the codes in my email. Used a $5 cert to bring it down to $15, plus getting those 500 bonus reward points thing over $10. Pretty sweet deal.

[quote name='solidus_00']Just grabbed the "Gears J season pass" marked one since both the 1600pt & the 400pt codes were digital. Ordered about a half an hour ago and just got the codes in my email. Used a $5 cert to bring it down to $15, plus getting those 500 bonus reward points thing over $10. Pretty sweet deal.[/QUOTE]
Hmm, I ordered yesterday and I got my 1600 points email this morning, but no 400 points email yet.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Hmm, I ordered yesterday and I got my 1600 points email this morning, but no 400 points email yet.[/QUOTE]

just got my e-mail this morning, I'm sure you will get yours soon

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Hmm, I ordered yesterday and I got my 1600 points email this morning, but no 400 points email yet.[/QUOTE]

Did you order the one that specifically lists the 400 bonus points? Because there's two of them. One with the 400 bonus and one without. The one without got changed to instore only just a little while ago, but it was digital before that.

[quote name='solidus_00']Did you order the one that specifically lists the 400 bonus points? Because there's two of them. One with the 400 bonus and one without. The one without got changed to instore only just a little while ago, but it was digital before that.[/QUOTE]
Damn it, you're right, I don't think I ordered the correct thing. :( When I ordered, the "400 Bonus Microsoft Points: See Packages" verbiage was there, but the link wasn't working. Now I see the link takes you to the package deals. Maybe I can get support to give me the 400 points.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Damn it, you're right, I don't think I ordered the correct thing. :( When I ordered, the "400 Bonus Microsoft Points: See Packages" verbiage was there, but the link wasn't working. Now I see the link takes you to the package deals. Maybe I can get support to give me the 400 points.[/QUOTE]

Check your order history before that, see if the 400 bonus is listed in the order, it should be. If not yeah you might have ordered the wrong one, good luck with CS if so.

I ordered two, but I didn't see any option to get the 1600 points digitally (only store pickup), only the 400 bonus points were offered digitally.

Thanks OP.

[quote name='ColdBrew']I ordered two, but I didn't see any option to get the 1600 points digitally (only store pickup), only the 400 bonus points were offered digitally.

Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the 1600 points is in store or shipping only unfortunately.

Wow thanks OP I was all out of points and had purchased $5 worth online the other day to buy some songs. Hopefully there will be some more sales!

Ordered a physical card for store pick up, I'll be by the store on Thursday so I figured I'll just pick it up then.

Doh! I would have rather had them digitally delivered. Oh well I'll be by there today at lunch anyways.

I also wish I had known about that 500 reward points promotion on $10 purchases Facebook offer. I could have saved even more!

[quote name='solidus_00']Check your order history before that, see if the 400 bonus is listed in the order, it should be. If not yeah you might have ordered the wrong one, good luck with CS if so.[/QUOTE]
Just got off the phone with CS, they acknowledged that the listing was confusing but wouldn't do anything for me. Oh well.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Just got off the phone with CS, they acknowledged that the listing was confusing but wouldn't do anything for me. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

So they admit that it's confusing and still won't do anything for you?

That's fucked up.

[quote name='FlyingAce39']So they admit that it's confusing and still won't do anything for you?

That's fucked up.[/QUOTE]
Yep. I would have persisted but I had already been on the phone with them for 20 minutes and at a certain point the $5 is no longer worth my time. :p

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Yep. I would have persisted but I had already been on the phone with them for 20 minutes and at a certain point the $5 is no longer worth my time. :p[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that. Their CS really is the worst. You could try and post something over on their forums in the gaming section.

The mods over their are extremely helpful and knowledgeable unlike the general CS, especially in the gaming support. They help solve my Prototype 2 Steelbook problem months ago and just now helped solve missing pre-order DLC for my God of War CE. I'm not saying it's a gimmie that they'll hook you up, but your chances are better than with the phone CS.

[quote name='solidus_00']The mods over their are extremely helpful and knowledgeable unlike the general CS, especially in the gaming support. They help solve my Prototype 2 Steelbook problem months ago and just now helped solve missing pre-order DLC for my God of War CE. I'm not saying it's a gimmie that they'll hook you up, but your chances are better than with the phone CS.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I'll give that a try.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Thanks, I'll give that a try.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I made the same mistake, Live Chat just told me to call their customer service number. I've been on hold for 15 minutes, ugh.

[quote name='solidus_00']For those of you who want both codes digitally pick the http://www.bestbuy.com/site/1600+Mi...s of War: Judgment Map Pass & 400 Free Points1600 Microsoft Points for Gears of War: Judgment Map Pass & 400 Free Points.

It's actually just 1600 Ms points to buy the Pass on Xbox Live, but you can spend it on anything. If you want make sure click check all right & requirements on the page it says both for digital delivery and will say so when checking out as well. I literally just did it.[/QUOTE]

It's showing as "Temporarily Unavailable for Download" atm and "check back later".

I wonder if they are going to adjust it for in-store pick-up for the 1600 point code. :whistle2:k

I hope it comes back.

[quote name='solidus_00']For those of you who want both codes digitally pick the 1600 Microsoft Points for Gears of War: Judgment Map Pass & 400 Free Points.

It's actually just 1600 Ms points to buy the Pass on Xbox Live, but you can spend it on anything. If you want make sure click check all right & requirements on the page it says both for digital delivery and will say so when checking out as well. I literally just did it.[/QUOTE]

Be careful with this option, it may add tax to your order for the digital delivery Gears season pass.

As, I posted in the other thread it did for me, so I switched to ordering the 1600 point card shipped (the 400 still emailed) and was not taxed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone else get the email with the 400 points code before they picked up the 1600 point card from the store?

I ordered for store pickup, got the notice that it was ready for pickup, and then about 10 minutes after that I got the 400 point code in an email.

Seems like BB might get screwed on that if people "change their mind" and don't pick the 1600 point card up. Or has the policy changed on store orders that don't get picked up?

[quote name='johnnymavrik']Did anyone else get the email with the 400 points code before they picked up the 1600 point card from the store?

I ordered for store pickup, got the notice that it was ready for pickup, and then about 10 minutes after that I got the 400 point code in an email.

Seems like BB might get screwed on that if people "change their mind" and don't pick the 1600 point card up. Or has the policy changed on store orders that don't get picked up?[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing, and being curious I tried to redeem the code and got an error:

"An error has occurred during the transaction. Please try again later"

My guess is that the code won't actually be "activated" until you pick up the order. That, or they sent me a bad code. :\

[quote name='outcast529']Be careful with this option, it may add tax to your order for the digital delivery Gears season pass.

As, I posted in the other thread it did for me, so I switched to ordering the 1600 point card shipped (the 400 still emailed) and was not taxed.[/QUOTE]

Are you seriously concerned about tax on a $20 purchase? I know this is CAG and all, but jesus fucking christ. I'd much rather pay the extra $1-2 and have the code instantly emailed to me versus waiting for the shipping service to lose it (has happened multiple times).

I just picked up two of these cards (with the matching SKU from the website) and have not been e-mailed the codes.

I am about to start the journey down the live chat road, but from what it looks like there is little hope.

What is their policy on returning these cards? The cards themselves have not been scratched and the last four digits they put on the receipt match.

Anyone else have issues redeeming the 400pt bonus code? Both my friend and I are getting error msgs. The 1600 pts one worked just fine though.

To anyone that has had the issue with the incorrect card: Have you tried going into the store and talking with a manager?

[quote name='joeyatog']Anyone else have issues redeeming the 400pt bonus code? Both my friend and I are getting error msgs. The 1600 pts one worked just fine though.[/QUOTE]

I'm having an issue redeeming my 400 point code. The 1600 point code worked fine. :cry:

UPDATE :: Code worked late last night.

[quote name='joeyatog']Anyone else have issues redeeming the 400pt bonus code? Both my friend and I are getting error msgs. The 1600 pts one worked just fine though.[/QUOTE]

my 400 isn't working as well. google search of the error code leads me to believe they aren't activating at same time as 1600 points.

UPDATE:

Code worked now.

I just got done with an Xbox Support Chat. It seems this issue is known to Microsoft and they are working on fixing the codes. The lady was very friendly and helpful, although she said it may take 24-48 hours for this to be corrected. Not a big deal to me, at least the 1600 pt card went through OK so I can buy some stuff!

[quote name='Alien Spider']I thought the same thing, and being curious I tried to redeem the code and got an error:

"An error has occurred during the transaction. Please try again later"

My guess is that the code won't actually be "activated" until you pick up the order. That, or they sent me a bad code. :\[/QUOTE]

I think you got a bad code. I ordered this after they closed last night so my pickup date got moved to today. My code still came within 10 minutes and redeemed no problem. I wondered about the changing of people's mind as well..

[quote name='kburns10']I think you got a bad code. I ordered this after they closed last night so my pickup date got moved to today. My code still came within 10 minutes and redeemed no problem. I wondered about the changing of people's mind as well..[/QUOTE]

Crap, well I guess several of us are in the same boat too judging by the other posts. Though, it could be on Microsoft's end like joeyatog said.

I'll wait until I pick up my card tomorrow before I make a ruckus about it. Everyone, please post an update if/when your code starts working. It looks like either Best Buy sent us bad codes, or it's a redemption issue with Microsoft.

I'm getting an error on the 400 point code as well. I think Best Buy or Microsoft has screwed up.

bread's done
Back