CAGcast #317: Bo Knows Bows

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#31 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

Wombat, please clear something up regarding ads on sites. I was always under the impression that the ads only paid the site if people actually clicked on them. If this is true, what is the thinking that the people that don't want to see the ads in the first place would ever click on them to begin with?

Again, that's just my impression from what I hear people who run sites say...

#32 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

Wombat, please clear something up regarding ads on sites. I was always under the impression that the ads only paid the site if people actually clicked on them. If this is true, what is the thinking that the people that don't want to see the ads in the first place would ever click on them to begin with?

Again, that's just my impression from what I hear people who run sites say...

That is not the case for the vast majority of sites these days. Most sites get paid based on ad impressions served, not based on clicks.

Just seeing the ads will keep most sites in business.

#33 Ghetto Sithlord

Ghetto Sithlord

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

Wow you abandon Tai at a daycare when he was a baby so you could take a shit in peace and now you abandon him when he is older. This is eventually going to play out when one day you are going to leave Tai by some road, tell him he is not a real boy and drive off. LOOK FOR THE BLUE FAIRY!!

#34 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

That is not the case for the vast majority of sites these days. Most sites get paid based on ad impressions served, not based on clicks.

Just seeing the ads will keep most sites in business.

Gotcha, thanks!

I don't really see why people want to block ads. There are some that are frustrating, such as the ones that blow up in the middle of the screen and you have to search for the close button, but most are either on the side/top/bottom of the screen. Not that bad and not really worth blocking IMO.

#35 csx009

csx009

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

i thought another poop story was on the way, and i was disappointed.

also totally ready to make cag my source for neptunia information!

#36 Blue Arcana

Blue Arcana

Streets Ahead (If you have to ask you're streets behind)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

I think Cheapy knows his kid well enough to know whether he'd freak out if they left him alone for a few hours.

blueArcana.png

#37 davucini

davucini

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

Im with Cheapy, my ma and pa left me alone at my house since i was 3, aint nothing wrong with me

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life

#38 ditchell

ditchell

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:54 AM

Quick(ish) Bo story-

I'm from Birmingham and an Auburn fan so Bo is pretty much a God to me. When I was 8 or 9 we were at the spring football game in Auburn, basically a glorified practice. They lined us up on the 20 yard line, and Bo was in the back of the end zone. The idea was to race to the other end of the field, giving us a 35 yard head start. Bo motioned us forward another 10 yards. We took off and me and about 2 others were pulling away from the long line of children. I felt pretty good about it. Then- it happened. He shot past us like a cannon. I will never forget seeing him run through us like that. It was fucking unbelievable. Imagine being a 9 year old and seeing The Flash and Superman in one zip past you effortlessly.

I loved that documentary and got pretty emotional during the Auburn parts. When Auburn beat Alabama in 83 I remember seeing my dad on the verge of tears. I was too young to understand what it meant to him then.

So basically, glad you liked it. Bo was big everywhere- but nobody in Kansas City or LA can possibly understand how big he is to Auburn fans. It was not until Cam Newton 3 years ago that we really had another hero like him.

Thanks for the show. I listen every week but rarely drag my lazy ass on here to comment.

#39 4nik8tor

4nik8tor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:08 AM

lots of people fluent in Japanese law around here.

#40 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:05 AM

Im with Cheapy, my ma and pa left me alone at my house since i was 3, aint nothing wrong with me

:lol:

I'm in the "Holy shit, Cheapy/Are you serious?" camp.

#41 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:10 AM

Having seen too many animes where kids have parents working overseas makes me wonder if it's not a big deal to leave your kids alone in Japan. I'm still surprised Cheapy and Mrs. Cheapy didn't take Tai with them, though. You guys didn't know how long you were gonna be out.

#42 testudo

testudo

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:54 AM

Oh wait I get it... The whole Tai thing is some early April Fools joke, right??? Well Cheapy you finally get April Fools... the joke is something that happens to YOU.

"I'm saving your future for a rainy day."
Check out the best gaming website in/for the world: sustainablegamers.tumblr.com

#43 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

I don't think that cheapy was completelynwrong to leave tai home alone in that situation. I don't think that CPS would remove his children in that situation as well either. The main thing is that cheapy felt his son was mature enough to handle the situation. Can tai call 119 in an emergency? Can he call his parents via cellphone? The fact that he's able to sleep alone in his room is an indicator that he has some independence. Also how long was cheapy and wife gone? Overall cheapy did leave some instruction for tai, and it was an emergency situation. People don't get their children removed I. That type of situation. It's the situation where the children are left home alone while the parents are out getting drunk, or using drugs where that happens. No instructions, no food, no provisions...etc. some states don't have a specific age where children can or cannot be left home alone....it's the maturity of the child; can the child handle the situation.
Cheapy should leave tai home alone awake...10 minutes as a test to see if he can actually handle it. Can he follow instructions? He doesn't have to leave..but just a test. That way if there is ever another emergency he can be sure that tai can handle it. One things for certain mrs cheapy must have been in serious pain if she went along with the plan.
Posted Image

#44 Majin Stan

Majin Stan

You have a little CAG left on your face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

damn cheapy! thats straight up shitty! my son woke up one night, he was at his moms and left the house because he thought she was gone, and her neighbor happened to find him down the street crying, as he was coming home from work.

#45 ILikePopCans

ILikePopCans

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

Jeff Gerstmann from GiantBomb said on his tumbler that the site would not survive if they did not do the paid subscriptions.

The owner of GiantBomb, before CBSI, sold GiantBomb and the other sites they made at the same time, to different companies too. I know he and the other dudes had complete control of who they were sold to.

#46 Ultramontane

Ultramontane

Kuato Lives!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

Wombat is right - your son is scarred for life.

It won't show until it's time to put you in nursing home. He will drop off you, not tell you where you are, and leave you to rot thinking you are at a 24/7 bingo tournament.

Another great show! The sales performance of the Wii U is shameful.

Don't make decisions when you're angry and don't make promises when you're happy.

#47 CozmoKhan

CozmoKhan

Go Blackhawks!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

Quote of the podcast "Something is always being stuck into her or something and she's fine. She moans and cries which is expected but, she takes a beating is what I am trying to say." Am I the only one to take this the wrong way?

There's a wrong way to take that?

#48 snargles

snargles

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

Common sense goes a long way.. In the states Cheapy would be going to jail and his son would be taken away. Being a father of a young child, totally sicken by Cheapy’s actions.. What are the Japanese Child Laws, half tempted to look into this.. I can’t believe you left your young child alone in the house for that long. We all have our dumb moments, but gambling with your son’s well being.. Wow.. father of the year..

#49 redfusion

redfusion

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

1up was shut down because Ziff Davis decided to shut them down. It has nothing to do with people using adblocker.

#50 basston3s

basston3s

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

ship, I would like a follow up on your PC situation! Update those drivers, dammit.

#51 Indifference

Indifference

gameenthus.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

I agree with Wombat's comments about adblocker. He was being a bit hyperbolic but he's right.

#52 jms493

jms493

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

Leaving your child at home.......hmm questionable.

#53 Smuglittleman

Smuglittleman

KHAAAAAAAAN!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

Hey guys, don't worry about being to "old" to game. I am much older than Cheapy D and am as passionate about video games as I was when I was in my 20s.
Posted Image

#54 Ghetto Sithlord

Ghetto Sithlord

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

I felt free to comment on Gears of War which I feel I just did.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#55 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

Xbox 360 has Gears of War. PS3 has God of War. Is the Wii U a Casualty of War?
If its free, its for me!!

#56 kpolache

kpolache

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

Hope I get a code, it would make my day.

#57 Jrittmayer

Jrittmayer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

Great show, love the Cheapy "Neglectful Parent" D part. :D

Also; In for the code! Why not :D

#58 Veridis_Quo

Veridis_Quo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

Jeff Gerstmann from GiantBomb said on his tumbler that the site would not survive if they did not do the paid subscriptions.

The owner of GiantBomb, before CBSI, sold GiantBomb and the other sites they made at the same time, to different companies too. I know he and the other dudes had complete control of who they were sold to.

Really? Wow, I didn't know that.

Also posting for GoW contest!

#59 Blickey

Blickey

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

Loved the show. I am kinda happy Gears feels like a "different" type of game. I enjoyed Gears 3 but needed something to make it feel fresh again.

#60 Dani8l

Dani8l

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

Never played Gears of War! before i am new to this type of game in sick and tired of playing good old call of duty! I wonder what it would to be like playing gears of war 1?