Final Fantasy X & X-2 HD (PS3/PSV)

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

Definitely gonna get this on PS3, FFX was one of my favorite games and I just couldn't get into X-2 but it's been a while so this was I'll be able to give it another shot while getting a game I know I'll like for sure as well.

659629.png?68329996

#32 WRXKayaker

WRXKayaker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

I enjoyed FFX, even though it wasn't quite on the same tier as the PS1 era games. I never played X-2, so I will probably pick this up at some point....probably when it hits $20.

Currently Playing:   :pc: Batman: Arkham Origins     :ps3: Far Cry 3

Recently Completed:    :pc: Bioshock Infinite   :ps3: GTA V

Steam Profile

#33 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:08 AM

i had both games no reason to spend $40 for it. I waits for $20 or less or B2G1 Free deal ;)
"Evil is Funs"

#34 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:12 AM

I'll get it because I never beat. I just really did not care for Tidus and he annoyed me. This I'll wait til below 30 or a b2 g1. I watched someone play X2 and think I might actually like it so I'll play through X first before getting to that.

#35 ThePriceIsRight

ThePriceIsRight

Kupo b*tch!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

Just thought about this a second ago, but I haven't played this game since it originally game out (never finished it either). What was the save system like? The thing I loved about Persona 4 Golden on the Vita was I could generally save just any anywhere/anytime I wanted outside of the TV world. The last thing I want is to get stuck in a sequence where I cannot save and I've been playing for a couple of hours.

Its the same standard with every other FF game, you gotta find and use a save point to save your game. No autosave. If I remember correctly, the save spot in FFX is a blue globe/sphere kinda thing......its also how you play Blitzball.

I'm really looking forward to this. I'm glad they will bundle both X & X-2 on disc....I just hope they wont ruin it for me charging $50 *cough* MGS HD *cough*. I guess I'll try X-2 again. I remember the first time playing X-2.....I saw the opening video with Yuna being like a wanna-be Britney Spears......stared @ the screen for a good 5 mins saying "WTF is this $hit???"....never touched it again,lol.

I bet this HD bundle will sell more copies than XIII-3 (A.K.A. Lighting Returns).....when it does, hopefully someone will realize they need to start making FF games the fans want. The vast majority didnt want another stupid sequel...yet that's their plan. Hope it bombs. SE's president stepped down couple days ago, so maybe things will change next generation.

#36 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

I actually find Tidus to be a great lead character. The only thing that irritated me about him was his outfit. Besides that, I found him to have some good dialogue and tension at times. However, I will get this simply because Auron and Rikku are two of my favorite characters in any medium. I'm also a huge fan of the sphere grid, plus I will most likely get those feels again.

As for X-2, I'm one of the staunchest supporters of the game. Paine and Rikku were awesome. I loved the music, though some of it got a little repetitive. The story was all kinds of wonky, though.

I also hope this really successful so that my dream game of a prequel staring Braska, Jecht and Auron can maybe someday happen.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#37 Krymner

Krymner

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

This is already a buy for me, but I have a couple of hopes: Japanese voices for both games, and Last Mission for X-2.

#38 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

Another game I never played yet. Between this and the remake of Zelda on Wii U looks like I will be catching up on all the games I missed because of college.=-)