Photo
- - - - -

[Amazon]Gold Box - Criterion Blu-Ray Sale:Brazil,The Game, Rashomon and Others [DEAD]

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Egos

Egos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

Amazon Gold Box
In The Mood for Love- 19.99
Rashomon- 19.99
The Royal Tenebaums - 17.49
Rosemary's Baby- 19.99
The Game- 16.49
&
Brazil - 19.99

all good movies and criterion blu editions. today only. so if you missed on criteron.com's half off deal awhile back and some of these interested you.

Based on a quick search on google shopping , it seems you are generally saving $10-15 bucks.

Amazon Gold Box Deal on Select Criterion Blu-Rays

Edited by Egos, 21 March 2013 - 01:50 PM.

#2 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

Great price for Brazil :)
"Evil is Funs"

#3 The Questyen

The Questyen

Wii game total at 528!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

Thanks. Picked up the only two I didn't have (Brazil and In the Mood for Love).

Now Playing: Bioshock Infinite (replay) (PS3) / Shovel Knight (Wii U) / To the Moon (PC)

Recently Finished: Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PS4) A / Entwined (PS4) B- / Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS4) A- / Kentucky Route Zero Act III (PC) A-

#4 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

Great prices, just wish the selection was bigger as I already own Rashomon, and I'm not really that interested in getting the others.

#5 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

Picked up Brazil, and then on second thought, grabbed Rashomon as well. Rashomon is on blind faith, so I'm hoping it's worth it... I suspect it will be.

#6 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

Ordered The Game.

#7 granturismo

granturismo

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

A little underwhelming

#8 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

Thanks OP. I had to order the Game at this price. If I had the money, I'd have to get Brazil and Rosemary's Baby too.

#9 Qildail

Qildail

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

Wish they had more options, but I snagged "Brazil". Thanks OP.

#10 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:13 PM

Aww man, was hoping for On the Waterfront

536739.png

#11 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

Aww man, was hoping for On the Waterfront

I caught this film last night on TCM right at the "I could have been a contender" scene. Fucking amazing acting. I need to see the whole movie.

#12 SilentBob50023

SilentBob50023

Kneel Before Zod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:25 AM

I got excited when I got the email from Amazon, but then I clicked on the "Learn More" and it was limited to these titles. I already had each of them, but a $20 Brazil set always makes a nice gift later.

#13 brak014

brak014

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:06 AM

Picked up Rosemary's Baby from this sale and used my Prime free 2 day shipping but got it next day, really excited to finally check out this Criterion disc, its my first Criterion, I hope its not a gateway to burning a hole in my wallet like Mondo posters have become
PSN: brak014
Steam: brak014
Twitter: TheAdamWells

#14 Egos

Egos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:12 AM

Criterion is kinda like aged wine compared to boxed wine. Not that extreme, since there are some good "mainstream" releases that don't necessarily get the "artistic" treatment. But when compared to like the worst : like the ones with ads. They really are refreshing.

Seriously, you bought it and they have ads. I understand the rentals and I guess they can't differentiate and I really assume they don't care and think some people LIKE IT. But god Fuck those ads. "EXPERIENCE BLU-RAY!"

sorry 8-)

(note: not sure if "artistic treatment" is the best way to put it, but I think most people know what I mean.)

#15 georox

georox

The Captain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

Picked up Rosemary's Baby from this sale and used my Prime free 2 day shipping but got it next day, really excited to finally check out this Criterion disc, its my first Criterion, I hope its not a gateway to burning a hole in my wallet like Mondo posters have become

One of us... one of us...

3DS Friend code - 1418-6866-3699

#16 Qildail

Qildail

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

Sorry for going slightly OT, but...

I caught this film last night on TCM right at the "I could have been a contender" scene. Fucking amazing acting. I need to see the whole movie.

When you do get a chance to watch OTW all the way through, make sure you get a good HD transmission and/or the Criterion Blu-ray. The DVD transfer and upconverts that get broadcast from it on some stations are head-shaking awful.

#17 djsmf435

djsmf435

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

Sorry to revive the thread but, does anyone know of a good site or store that sells the clear cases these come in? My case came broken and amazon gave me a $6 refund to keep it, i cant imagine they're more than that. Thanks.

#18 labelleb

labelleb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

Sorry to revive the thread but, does anyone know of a good site or store that sells the clear cases these come in? My case came broken and amazon gave me a $6 refund to keep it, i cant imagine they're more than that. Thanks.

Criterion offers the replacements themselves through their store, 5 cases for $12...It's in their shop underneath the "Other" tab

#19 zman73

zman73

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

Criterion offers the replacements themselves through their store, 5 cases for $12...It's in their shop underneath the "Other" tab

That is good to know, I have one title needing a replacement too, when I bought it from moviestop, it was in a regular blu case

#20 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

You can also get them from casetopia. They're exactly the same as the ones Criterion uses.

http://stores.caseto.../Categories.bok