[Amazon]Gold Box - Criterion Blu-Ray Sale:Brazil,The Game, Rashomon and Others [DEAD]

Egos

CAGiversary!
Amazon Gold Box
In The Mood for Love- 19.99
Rashomon- 19.99
The Royal Tenebaums - 17.49
Rosemary's Baby- 19.99
The Game- 16.49
&
Brazil - 19.99

all good movies and criterion blu editions. today only. so if you missed on criteron.com's half off deal awhile back and some of these interested you.

Based on a quick search on google shopping , it seems you are generally saving $10-15 bucks.

Amazon Gold Box Deal on Select Criterion Blu-Rays

Last edited by a moderator:
Great prices, just wish the selection was bigger as I already own Rashomon, and I'm not really that interested in getting the others.

Picked up Brazil, and then on second thought, grabbed Rashomon as well. Rashomon is on blind faith, so I'm hoping it's worth it... I suspect it will be.

[quote name='Dump1eSti1tskin']Aww man, was hoping for On the Waterfront[/QUOTE]

I caught this film last night on TCM right at the "I could have been a contender" scene. fucking amazing acting. I need to see the whole movie.

I got excited when I got the email from Amazon, but then I clicked on the "Learn More" and it was limited to these titles. I already had each of them, but a $20 Brazil set always makes a nice gift later.

Picked up Rosemary's Baby from this sale and used my Prime free 2 day shipping but got it next day, really excited to finally check out this Criterion disc, its my first Criterion, I hope its not a gateway to burning a hole in my wallet like Mondo posters have become

Criterion is kinda like aged wine compared to boxed wine. Not that extreme, since there are some good "mainstream" releases that don't necessarily get the "artistic" treatment. But when compared to like the worst : like the ones with ads. They really are refreshing.

Seriously, you bought it and they have ads. I understand the rentals and I guess they can't differentiate and I really assume they don't care and think some people LIKE IT. But god fuck those ads. "EXPERIENCE BLU-RAY!"

sorry :cool:

(note: not sure if "artistic treatment" is the best way to put it, but I think most people know what I mean.)

[quote name='brak014']Picked up Rosemary's Baby from this sale and used my Prime free 2 day shipping but got it next day, really excited to finally check out this Criterion disc, its my first Criterion, I hope its not a gateway to burning a hole in my wallet like Mondo posters have become[/QUOTE]

One of us... one of us...

Sorry for going slightly OT, but...

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I caught this film last night on TCM right at the "I could have been a contender" scene. fucking amazing acting. I need to see the whole movie.[/QUOTE]

When you do get a chance to watch OTW all the way through, make sure you get a good HD transmission and/or the Criterion Blu-ray. The DVD transfer and upconverts that get broadcast from it on some stations are head-shaking awful.

Sorry to revive the thread but, does anyone know of a good site or store that sells the clear cases these come in? My case came broken and amazon gave me a $6 refund to keep it, i cant imagine they're more than that. Thanks.

[quote name='djsmf435']Sorry to revive the thread but, does anyone know of a good site or store that sells the clear cases these come in? My case came broken and amazon gave me a $6 refund to keep it, i cant imagine they're more than that. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Criterion offers the replacements themselves through their store, 5 cases for $12...It's in their shop underneath the "Other" tab

[quote name='labelleb']Criterion offers the replacements themselves through their store, 5 cases for $12...It's in their shop underneath the "Other" tab[/QUOTE]

That is good to know, I have one title needing a replacement too, when I bought it from moviestop, it was in a regular blu case

bread's done
Back