Best place to buy DDR Dance Mat/Advice on which game

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So I really LOVE rhythm games, but I was always to embarrassed to play DDR way back when my sister had it. Recently I've stopped being so stupid, and really want to pick up one of them. The games are easy, as they are $2-$3 a piece at gamestop, but I'm a little lost on finding a mat. I could probably get one at a thrift shop, but I'm not sure how reliable these are (my sister bought a dead mat once). So what would be the best place to get one? I'm asking for PS2 specifically. Thanks:)

EDIT: forgot to mention, which DDR would you guys recommend? They're so many, I don't really know which to choose

Would scope out your local area on craigslist. Lots of people are dumping their DDR collections there cheap bundled with mats, if your lucky you could score a cheap metal pad . That's what I did. Also my favorite was the ps1 DDR konamix game. Graphics are dated but soo many classic DDR tunes on it. Also you can play it on ps2 or ps3. Also get a ps2 controller port to USB ps3 converter to use your DDR matt on any playstion system.

[quote name='vic_x51']Would scope out your local area on craigslist. Lots of people are dumping their DDR collections there cheap bundled with mats, if your lucky you could score a cheap metal pad . That's what I did. Also my favorite was the ps1 DDR konamix game. Graphics are dated but soo many classic DDR tunes on it. Also you can play it on ps2 or ps3. Also get a ps2 controller port to USB ps3 converter to use your DDR matt on any playstion system.[/QUOTE]

wow, didn't know there were metal pads (outside of the arcade machines). How much would one of those cost?

The PS2 was really the golden era of DDR, and all of the American mixes will do you well:

DDRMAX
DDRMAX 2
DDR Extreme
DDR Extreme 2
DDR Supernova
DDR Supernova 2

I definitely recommend them all, particularly the earlier ones.

The metal pads New MSRP range from like $100 to $250 depending on brand. A good used price would be $50 if its not beat to hell that is, check how heavy the guy looks who's selling it to you, lol.

bread's done
Back