• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

I'd love some DS games but my GS tosses all the boxes. :(

#34 therealdeal19

therealdeal19

GIANT ENEMY CRABS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

Ok Gamestop, nice try there but April fools is still a week away. Oh wait, they're being serious. :|

516078.png
TheHolyPickle.jpg

#35 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

Cool. I was looking for a good deal on Wii games. I traded all mine in years ago and now that I have a Wii U all I want to play are Wii games lol. Looks like I'm getting Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario, and another game... not sure what yet.

Have fun with those beat up coasters, don't count on any cases or manuals.

#36 Francision

Francision

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

Meh, nothing for me.
Posted Image

#37 Enigmatticus

Enigmatticus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

Oxymoron imo

:applause:
Anytime the words "Gamestop" and "sale" are used in the same phrase, lol yup.

#38 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

Dang I got excited when I saw that Gears 3 was on sale... shame they only "discounted" the new versions. I was hoping to go pick up a $10 used copy.

#39 GodofGambler

GodofGambler

God of Gambler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

I see Spring. Don't see the sale.

lol :applause:

#40 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

Thanks OP.

And a tremendous thanks to all the very clever posters with their great Gamestop jokes we all have never heard before. Very helpful.

#41 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

Gamestop sure knows how to troll.

#42 bg2001

bg2001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:07 PM

Bumping because this is the better duplicate thread.

#43 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:11 PM

Farcry 3 for PC $19.99 isn't bad but not digital download.

#44 MagicMurderBag7

MagicMurderBag7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

Have fun with those beat up coasters, don't count on any cases or manuals.

Got them already. All had boxes (got Okami as my 3rd). Only Okami had a manual but I really don't care as I will likely never even open it.

#45 Sion

Sion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

Dam nothing at all that interests me.

sig.gif Sionz.png
My Game Collection: Currently at 1,272 games owned!
Completed Games: 2013

#46 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

ZZZZzzzzzz......

593839.png

#47 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

Far Cry 3 is great...a,azon matched it so I'm hoping AWD has a copy cheap!!

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#48 burritoman

burritoman

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

MLB 2k12 is 2 years old now, right? Because if 2k13 is the newest one, that's not a horrible deal on a year old sports game.

I usually buy sports games that are 2-3 years old to save some cash anyways.

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

#49 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

weak deals

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#50 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:03 AM

Merged threads.

Nice, I get $5 back from my Animal Crossing preorder.
gwensigol8.png

#51 keyblader1985

keyblader1985

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:10 AM

I just had the most ridiculous experience. I'm not even one of those Gamestop haters; I go there all the time and never have any problems, because I know what they're good for and what they're not. But this was pathetic.

Yesterday I made a Pick Up order for three DS/Wii games, which were all in stock at a store near me. I went over there today after work to pick them up, and they said they didn't have them in stock. Neither I or they could find them anywhere in the store, and they said the only explanation was that they sold it earlier that day. I nearly blew up right then and there at the absurdity of it - what the hell is the point of reserving something if it doesn't actually get RESERVED?

The guy wasn't being particularly helpful, so I went over to one of those module things. Two of the games were available at another store, but the other one wasn't showing up in the computer at all. I asked the guy if there was any way I could get the games from different stores and still get the B2G1 discount (which was reasonable in this situation), and he flatly said no, and immediately started helping another customer.

I stormed out and just decided to buy them online... and they're not available.

#52 nadohawk

nadohawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:20 AM

I just had the most ridiculous experience. I'm not even one of those Gamestop haters; I go there all the time and never have any problems, because I know what they're good for and what they're not. But this was pathetic.

Yesterday I made a Pick Up order for three DS/Wii games, which were all in stock at a store near me. I went over there today after work to pick them up, and they said they didn't have them in stock. Neither I or they could find them anywhere in the store, and they said the only explanation was that they sold it earlier that day. I nearly blew up right then and there at the absurdity of it - what the hell is the point of reserving something if it doesn't actually get RESERVED?

The guy wasn't being particularly helpful, so I went over to one of those module things. Two of the games were available at another store, but the other one wasn't showing up in the computer at all. I asked the guy if there was any way I could get the games from different stores and still get the B2G1 discount (which was reasonable in this situation), and he flatly said no, and immediately started helping another customer.

You can buy three games and one store and just exchange the third copy at another store....just make sure it's the cheaper game if you want to do it after the sale is over. It's worked for me in the past.
1 John 1:7,9
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

#53 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:23 AM

Merged threads.

Nice, I get $5 back from my Animal Crossing preorder.

Hey DW fan wanted to say hi, you've been a long time member! I remember doing some trades, buys from you in the past!

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#54 midlifecrisisMkII

midlifecrisisMkII

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:28 AM

Not the all encompassing B2G1 I wanted, but I'll probably check it out for some Wii games. Wonder if they'll have separate B2G1 sales for the PS3 and 360?

#55 keyblader1985

keyblader1985

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:02 AM

You can buy three games and one store and just exchange the third copy at another store....just make sure it's the cheaper game if you want to do it after the sale is over. It's worked for me in the past.

I've tried that before & it didn't fly.

But it's settled now anyway. The games were suddenly in stock online, so I just ordered them there & saved some money by using codes. In the beginning I was willing to pay a bit more for the convenience of having them right away. But that fell through, so I had to go the extreme CAG route.

After using some store credit, the three games only cost me 37 cents.

#56 bulldozer86

bulldozer86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:42 AM

CAG's never steer me wrong, so I'll reach out once again. Is Assassin's Creed 3 worth the 30 bucks? (I've got some trade in credit and games to trade in)

I was a big fan of AssCreed II, but couldn't muster the strength to play Brotherhood (even though I heard it is great) or Revelations since I was so exhausted of that style after dumping many, MANY hours into Assassin's Creed II. I love games that give me stealth opportunities and have visceral, up close combat options along with some more traditional options (guns and stuff, you know).

THANKS in advance for any advice given, and I hope y'all are having a better first few days of spring that we are on the east coast =)

#57 caca13

caca13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:37 AM

Keyblader1985 next time buy a 99 cent game or something cheap and take the survey. Write what happen and the DM of the area will see it. Make sure to get the name of the person that did not help you at all. This will get that person to be more helpful the next time.

#58 razrvamp

razrvamp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:03 AM

CAG's never steer me wrong, so I'll reach out once again. Is Assassin's Creed 3 worth the 30 bucks? (I've got some trade in credit and games to trade in)

I was a big fan of AssCreed II, but couldn't muster the strength to play Brotherhood (even though I heard it is great) or Revelations since I was so exhausted of that style after dumping many, MANY hours into Assassin's Creed II. I love games that give me stealth opportunities and have visceral, up close combat options along with some more traditional options (guns and stuff, you know).

THANKS in advance for any advice given, and I hope y'all are having a better first few days of spring that we are on the east coast =)

I'm a fan of the Assassins Creed games and play them all and have gotten the Platinum on every single 1 and I hate Assassin's Creed 3 I can't bring myself to finish it the story is awful.I would say wait till 4 comes out and then 3 will be super cheap

#59 Wolfman

Wolfman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

I wonder if Lego Lord of the Rings actually dropped to $30 that week or its just their "advertisement". I've been waiting for it to drop to $20 haha.

Target has it for $19.99 this week, and perhaps longer.

#60 savagepastry

savagepastry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

Keyblader1985 next time buy a 99 cent game or something cheap and take the survey. Write what happen and the DM of the area will see it. Make sure to get the name of the person that did not help you at all. This will get that person to be more helpful the next time.

Yes. They seem to actually take the negative feedback from those with a degree of seriousness. I've been present when an employee was getting chewed out for getting one.