Skyrim players: Is the game buggy?

ID2006

CAGiversary!
I'm thinking about grabbing Skyrim during the next sale on it. How is it on PC?

Is it buggy, and are there good mods for it yet?

I regret buying Oblivion because it just never worked. I'd load just a few mods but eventually get crashes that kill my spirit and interest, or be unable to even start the game.

Also, how about cosmetic mods? Are there any that make people look better. The characters in Oblivion were hideous. I imagine that hasn't changed so much on Bethesda's part for Skyrim.

The unofficial patches/fixes are a must as well as keeping a handle on the load order but I'll leave the more in-depth mods for others to endorse as I run pretty much vanilla.

It's been a while since I've played, but I never had an issue with the texture mods I installed. For a high end computer these are a must, just brings the game more life is all.

It's the least buggy TES game, if that means anything lol. I never had any game breaking bugs during normal play(With the unofficial patches installed), and the only time it really crashes is if you install incompatible/out-of-date mods. If you stick to the simple mods, it's hard to mess the game up. Just check out the top 100 on SkyrimNexus for most of the good ones.

Character models don't actually look too terrible unmodded, but there are plenty that change/improve/fix them. Stuff like better/different facial/body models, higher res textures, blocky face fixes, hair mods, etc. All the usual for TES games.

I haven't had any serious problems with it at any point other than some very minor bugs. Ive been playing since launch and have a good 400+ hours in.

I'd recommend it.

I switched over to the PC version due to the horrible mess that came out on the PS3.

I have played around with several mods as well both through Steam and through Nexus as well before the workshop came out. Never had any issues with the PC version at all.

bread's done
Back