GameFly PC Downloads Spring Sale Redux - 3/23 to 3/24

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
All of these items will be on sale on 3/23 and 3/24.

icongamefly.gif
GameFly Spring Sale

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - $29.99 (orig. $59.99) (Steam)
F1 Race Stars - $15.99 (orig. $39.99) (Steam)
Resident Evil 5 - $4.99 (orig. $19.99) (GameFly)
Port Royale 3: Pirates & Merchants - $9.99 (orig. $39.99) (GameFly)
Football Manager 2013 - $19.99 (orig. $39.99) (Steam)
The Walking Dead - $8.49 (orig. $24.99) (Steam)

Max Payne 3 - $14.99 (orig. $39.99) (GameFly)
The Mass Effect Trilogy - $24.99 (orig. $59.99) (Origin)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - $4.99 (orig. 19.99) (Steam)
Hitman Absolution - $12.49 (orig. $49.99) (Steam)
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - $12.49 (orig. $49.99) (GameFly)
Aliens: Colonial Marines - $33.49 (orig. $49.99) (Steam)
Anno 2070 - $17.49 (orig. 49.99) (Tages)

XCOM: Enemy Unknown - $16.99 (orig. $49.99) (Steam)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $7.49 (orig. $29.99) (Origin)
Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition - $7.49 (orig. $29.99) (Steam)
Torchlight 2 - $6.79 (orig. $19.99) (Steam)
The Cave - $7.49 (orig. $14.99) (Steam)
Sleeping Dogs - $9.99 (orig. $39.99) (Steam)
Far Cry 3 - $34.99 (orig. $49.99) (UPlay)

Civilization V: Gold Edition - $12.49 (orig. $49.99) (Steam)
Crysis 3 - $39.99 (orig. $59.99) (Origin)
FIFA 13 - $14.99 (orig. $39.99) (Origin)
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - $14.99 (orig. $29.99) (Steam)
Civilization V: Gods & Kings - $7.49 (orig. $29.99) (Steam)

Borderlands 2 - $19.99 (orig. $59.99) (Steam)
Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition - $7.49 (orig. $29.99) (GameFly)
Dishonored - $23.99 (orig. $59.99) (Steam)
F1 2012 - $15.99 (orig. $39.99) (Steam)
Battlefield 3 Premium Edition - $32.99 (orig. $59.99) (Origin)
Syndicate - $4.99 (orig. $19.99) (Origin)
Assassin’s Creed III - $34.99 (orig. $49.99) (UPlay)

icongamefly.gif
GameFly Spring Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
*edit*

All "one day" sales will be made available once again this weekend. Thanks for the clarification CheapyD!

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Just a heads up, but each batch is a "one day only" sale. Today's is highlighted in the quote. Hope that helps some folks :D.[/QUOTE]

All the games in the OP will be on sale on 3/23 and 3/24. :)

[quote name='CheapSteam']Thanks! I might pick up Syndicate. Heard it was a great co-op game :)[/QUOTE]

That reminds me I still need to play that one. Too many games, not enough time.

[quote name='CheapSteam']Thanks! I might pick up Syndicate. Heard it was a great co-op game :)[/QUOTE]

The Co-op is a separate mode that requires (more or less) 4 players so unless you have 3 people to rope in, I would not get it for the co-op, as the community is fairly dead.

That said, it's still a fairly fun game at times, 5 bucks is a good price.

No reason not to have The Walking Dead already, but for anyone that doesn't, $8.49 is insanely good.

My only issue with it was that it was a bit of a hassle to get it running on Windows 8.

[quote name='CheapyD']Sleeping Dogs - $9.99 (orig. $39.99) (Steam)[/QUOTE]

Don't need to be buying any more games right now but wow

[quote name='MechaZain']Don't need to be buying any more games right now but wow[/QUOTE]

Sleeping Dogs is awesome and a steal at $10.

I just want to confirm

Torchlight 2 is going to be on sale again tomorrow ?

Because I saw that I missed it (on the 21st) and was pretty pissed

Especially because I have 5$ in gamefly bucks that I can spend on it

[quote name='CheapyD']All the games in the OP will be on sale on 3/23 and 3/24. :)[/QUOTE]

Ahhhhhh, was only aware of the one-day sales this week. Good to hear that the whole shebang will be available at once this weekend.

Cool.

I'm almost positive Black Ops II was $39.99 and not $29.99 on the first sale day. I remember, very distinctly, being bummed since I was willing to drop $30 on it, but not 40.

[quote name='dcm1602']any idea what time this should go live?

I'm dying to jump into TL2 this weekend[/QUOTE]

"About tree fiddy"

I'm not entirely sure, but I think I've seen Gamefly deals go active around 2 a.m. Central time - ish.

It is a great coop game. The leveling system is terrific, and it really scales well to the gameplay/difficulty levels. When you first start though you will have to play at "normal" difficulty unless you are playing with a bunch of veterans, or you will get your ass handed to you and may get frustrated.

Make sure you join a syndicate too because you will level up much faster if you do. You can create your own syndicate if you wish, but I recommend that you join an existing one with many members because you will level up much more quickly because you get extra points from other members through challenges, etc. even if they are not playing with you. The syndicate I am part of is/was ranked 16 on the leaderboards so hit up a member for an invite. That syndicate has members who still actively play the game. If you can't find one to ask, private message me on this forum, and I will send you an invite to join. I may even play a round or two with you for old times' sake.

I recently stopped playing the game because I eventually grew tired of the nine maps that are included and there is no way to make more. They're all great maps and each time you play the AI spawn a little differently, but I'm not one of those people who play de_dust or 2Fort ad nausea. However, before I quit playing I made it all the way up to 30 or so in rank on the leaderboards so I put plenty of hours into the game.

Syndicate is a great buy for $5 if you like FPS coop games, and the campaign/story mode is not bad either although it's not great.

[quote name='Detruire']Are there currently any active Gamefly coupons?[/QUOTE]
ditto. I would be interested in Resident Evil Operation Raccoon since it is co-op if it were cheaper.

[quote name='Corpekata']The Co-op is a separate mode that requires (more or less) 4 players so unless you have 3 people to rope in, I would not get it for the co-op, as the community is fairly dead.[/quote]
First, the community is NOT dead. You can find games online day or night if you know how to search and have some patience. The lobby system is console-fied so game searches are by difficulty setting, e.g. if you search on "hard" difficulty you won't find any games on "normal" or "expert." Your best bet to find sessions is to search on normal difficulty. Then if you don't find any, host your own session, and someone will find you and join. You can change the difficulty setting in the lobby before you launch the next map/mission if you want something harder than normal and your existing players usually won't leave.

Second, you don't need four people to play the game especially once you level up. I've actually completed all of the co-op levels playing solo on all three difficulty settings since I am fully levelled up on abilities, apps, and weapons. If you use the right loadout and choose an appropriate difficulty setting for your skills, you don't need four players. Just one who knows how to play will do.

Had to go for GTA IV complete, it does suck that you have to use GF client for GTA IV and GFW for the add ons I hope I don't have to have them both running to play. I wish it had been steam.

[quote name='tightclaws']Had to go for GTA IV complete... I wish it had been steam.[/QUOTE]
The Gamefly version of the game only requires GFWL to play the game. The Steam version requires Steam client running plus GFWL.

[quote name='JEKKI']been looking out for a drop on Dishonored![/QUOTE]

Same. This is the first sale I've seen on the game that brought it under 30. I jumped on it asap.

[quote name='cutter2']The Gamefly version of the game only requires GFWL to play the game. The Steam version requires Steam client running plus GFWL.[/QUOTE]

It won't even install on Win 8 gaming laptop, it's a piece of shit.

[quote name='cutter2']The Gamefly version of the game only requires GFWL to play the game. The Steam version requires Steam client running plus GFWL.[/QUOTE]
GTA4 Steam-version can actually be ran w/out Steam, after downloading and installing it from Steam.
Actually, some Steam-versions of games can be ran w/out Steam program going - this really depends on the publisher, dev's, and possibly Valve too, of course.

[Trick]
There's a trick to seeing if this trick works...or not.

First off - don't have Steam going. If it's open, close Steam client-program out.
Now, you have to hop into Windows Explorer/My Computer and go to the actual Steam-folder where your game is (in this case, GTA4) and run the game's EXE file.
If the game boots w/out Steam being forced, your game isn't fully protected by Steam-DRM.
Yes, this works for GTA4 + EFLC.
So, if you want - create a shortcut exactly from that game-folder's EXE (not from within Steam) - so you don't have to navigate to the game-folder if you want to boot it up w/out Steam. :D

That same above-said trick can be done for Steam-versions of the following -> Borderlands 1; and some other-required G4WL games (like Red Faction Guerrilla).
That trick doesn't work on all G4WL games - Dark Souls: PTD, trick doesn't work - it forces boot of Steam-client program.

All speaking from experience here.

End of trick.
[/end of trick]

Also, if you're curious - on GOG Forums, there's a list of DRM-FREE games on Steam, that seems to be growing.
That trick to booting those games w/out Steam going should work on those games not fully-protected by Steam-DRM.

I just deleted everything, not worth the trouble GTAIV and addons are officially crap. This type of garbage is why stopped PC gaming.

[quote name='MysterD']That same above-said trick can be done for Steam-versions of the following -> Borderlands 1;[/quote]
That's because Borderlands has SecuROM DRM in the main executable. It's not DRM-free.

While the games in that list may launch without the Steam client running, the person who posted the list is dead wrong where he states that the games are DRM-free because they don't use Steam's CEG. CEG is not Steam's only form of DRM. Steam "stub" DRM is in at least 85% of the games on Steam which means the games won't run without the Steam client and subscription authentication/verification.

[quote name='tightclaws']I just deleted everything, not worth the trouble GTAIV and addons are officially crap. This type of garbage is why stopped PC gaming.[/QUOTE]
Wow, you have no patience. You epitomize exactly what is wrong with PC gaming, i.e. the consolization of PC games.

I'm all for more simplified installation of PC games, but the diversity of the PC/Windows platform means that some compatibility problems and workarounds are inevitable. But the strengths of that PC diversity in terms of superior performance, graphics quality, and cost options make the additional effort worth it. I'm old enough to have purchased and built my first IBM-compatible PC in the 1980's, so I well remember when getting PC games to install and run meant editing DOS configuration files, fiddling with audio and CD-ROM drivers, and trying to free up a few more kilobytes of lower RAM. In comparison to that, PC gaming today is a cakewalk.

GTAIV will almost certainly run on your PC if you are willing to put in a little effort to make it happen.

[quote name='cutter2']That's because Borderlands has SecuROM DRM in the main executable. It's not DRM-free.[/quote]
I never said Borderlands 1 (Steam version) was full-blown DRM-FREE.

I said you could run Borderlands 1 without Steam going, after you actually download and installed the game via Steam.
That's always going to be the thing w/ games from Steam - you're going to have to download and install them first via Steam, before you can actually try that "Trick" to not boot Steam w/ certain non-Steam games.

Same goes for other Steam-versions of games - like some games that require G4WL, such as RFG + GTA4 & EFLC (all which require activation via G4WL).

[quote name='Stingercjc']Didn't see this mentioned yet here - the coupon code SLICKSPRING10 takes 10 percent off.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Been playing Syndicate, it's a great game especially in co-op. Campaign is nothing special. Its been giving me runtime error but it still plays, and there's way too much bloom. Well worth it for its quality.

bread's done
Back