z3razerviper

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

some of us just don't care about multiplayer I play games for the story

#32 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

Who plays Diablo offline? Why...? Playing it without co-op would be very boring.

Thanks for opening this can of worms.

When Blizzard goes away (if that happens - probably not anytime soon) and/or they decide to ever pull their servers away, you're stuck w/ a coaster.
This is pretty much true for any game that goes "Always online DRM" or decides to go full-blown MMO.

When D3 is in maintenance mode, you can't play.
If there's problems w/ Blizz's servers for D3, you can't play.
If you are having Internet connection troubles on your end, you can't play.

I played through fine w/out co-op period for D3. Played ALL alone on my first run-through purposely. {shrug}
If you can play through a game no problem w/out anybody else playing w/ you, the game should have an offline mode.
It's pretty much as simple as that.

D1 + D2 can be played offline, so why not D3?
Torchlight 1 + 2; Borderlands 1; and Hellgate: London all work fine in offline mode.
Blizz could disable RMAH and other unimportant stuff to SP-players (Achievements) in offline mode, if they really wanted.
To keep cheaters and hacking down - they could force like D2, where offline and online (BNet) characters are separate.
Plus - since PS3 version is getting offline mode, not having offline mode for PC is absolutely bullcrap.

And yes - it's fun to play w/ others online for D3, as well. I've tried that, as well.

EDIT:

Exactly.

Playing alone, it is MUCH easier to digest any sort of story, lore, and NPC banter at your own pace - which is one of the things that actually makes D3 the most "SP-friendly" game out of the series.
It sure isn't the (always online) DRM that's SP-friendly at all here!
Of course, as we know - D2 + LOD is still the best entry in the Diablo series, if you ask me.

When doing MP and playing w/ other players - you're usually focusing more on the gameplay & teamwork w/ others than say "Lore" and "Story" stuff.

Edited by MysterD, 23 March 2013 - 01:30 PM.

#33 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

Our big deal with it was we wanted to play local offline lan co op, like we did with Diablo 2, and we couldn't. And we sure were not going to spend $100 for the D3 experience.

#34 Eleven8Eighty3

Eleven8Eighty3

Art Director

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

If you got 10 haters, you need 20 haters by tomorrow. Keep them coming. Thanks for the post OP :)

#35 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

You are playing the wrong game

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312