TODAY ONLY! $99 Purple 3DS from Best Buy

Hm. Those who have used both, is the XL worth the extra $60? Portability isn't an issue as this thing wouldn't be leaving the house, I've just been more interested in the XL as it seems like a considerable step up in screen size.

The XL's screens are huge.

I have next-to-no experience with the standard 3DS, but from what I've read, the 3D's sweet spot is much easier to maintain with an XL. The screens are somewhat darker, though.

[quote name='adayinthelife']Hm. Those who have used both, is the XL worth the extra $60? Portability isn't an issue as this thing wouldn't be leaving the house, I've just been more interested in the XL as it seems like a considerable step up in screen size.[/QUOTE]
If you're planning to get a game like Luigi's Mansion with the XL, you get a choice of one free 3DS game from a short list, so that can make up. The XL's larger screen size does help the eyes in longer playtimes, so I would say go for that. The original will hit this price again

[quote name='adayinthelife']Hm. Those who have used both, is the XL worth the extra $60? Portability isn't an issue as this thing wouldn't be leaving the house, I've just been more interested in the XL as it seems like a considerable step up in screen size.[/QUOTE]

I've owned both and can honestly say the XL is better than the vanilla in every possible way.

Ive owned a regular 3DS for awhile and its great. Only problem is that I have big hands so i sometimes get cramps while playing Mario Kart or games where im always using the left and right bumpers.

Went to Best Buy not long ago and they've switched their display 3DS to an XL version and I loved it. Fits nicely in plus big hands for $30 extra its well worth it

Aww, got my hopes up but looks like the XL is only 10 bucks off at Futureshop.

EDIT: whoops, I misunderstood. The discount applies at checkout.

[quote name='ikariwarriors']Aww, got my hopes up but looks like the XL is only 10 bucks off at Futureshop.

EDIT: whoops, I misunderstood. The discount applies at checkout.[/QUOTE]

They are $160. $30 credit applied once added to cart.

Get the XL it's worth the extra $60 especially if you dont plan on leaving the house with it.

Seriously considering to upgrade from my original 3DS at this price for the XL. Will have to think about it for a bit though. I'd love the bigger screens, but I also like carrying my 3DS in my pocket and this model might be uncomfortable to carry in such a way.

Depends how big your pockets are.

baggypants.jpg

Best colour. Midnight Purple is really great looking (we have one). Too bad it's stuck to the OG model, which is a terrible piece of hardware. XL, even if you don't fancy the larger screen, feels like a better, more comfortable, solid piece of equipment.

[quote name='ikariwarriors']Seriously considering to upgrade from my original 3DS at this price for the XL. Will have to think about it for a bit though. I'd love the bigger screens, but I also like carrying my 3DS in my pocket and this model might be uncomfortable to carry in such a way.[/QUOTE]

When the system is closed it's honestly not that much bigger than the OG 3DS. It does fit in my pocket but I suppose if you plan to carry it that way for a while it may be sort of awkward.

http://images.eurogamer.net/2012/articles//a/1/4/9/7/2/3/5/IMG_0726.JPG.jpg/EG11/resize/1920x-1

Thanks, guys. The side-by-side picture makes it seem pretty similar in size, so the pockey thing won't be a problem, I think. Though I can always get gangsta pants like that picture. :D

I went with a red one, and since I'm getting Luigi's Mansion tomorrow anyway, that means I get a free game download as well, yay!

What free game will you choose? I'll be getting a 3DS XL tomorrow too, along with Luigi's Mansion. I lean naturally towards Star Fox, even though I have that on virtual console already. Art Academy has gotten buzz every now and then, I've seen.

Layton and Mario are the best value. Art Academy is supposed to be good if you want to learn how to paint and such. Freakyforms and Starfox can be found on the cheap.

If only I had waited seven months to register my XL, haha :p (I guess I'm not all that interested in the games that I don't already have, though.)

[quote name='VetraX']What free game will you choose? I'll be getting a 3DS XL tomorrow too, along with Luigi's Mansion. I lean naturally towards Star Fox, even though I have that on virtual console already. Art Academy has gotten buzz every now and then, I've seen.[/QUOTE]

It's a tough decision, because I already have Mario 3D Land, Starfox and Layton.

The other two don't interest me that much, so I may just give the code to a friend.

[quote name='VetraX']What free game will you choose? I'll be getting a 3DS XL tomorrow too, along with Luigi's Mansion. I lean naturally towards Star Fox, even though I have that on virtual console already. Art Academy has gotten buzz every now and then, I've seen.[/QUOTE]

3D Land is the best 3DS game I've played.

[quote name='shouamabane']3D Land is the best 3DS game I've played.[/QUOTE]

3D Land is awesome. Have you played Fire Emblem? It's incredible.

Yes, Fire Emblem is amazing. I've put in 30 hours already from just doing extra missions and level grinding, very little time in the main story. It was hard to find a copy, but it's totally worth finding.

3D Land is the one I'd most likely choose for a free game. Star Fox is pretty easy to find cheap now, and Layton doesn't have the replayability of Mario.

Such a good deal but I'm so jaded on this whole portable thing. I find when I'm out of the house I got other things to focus on.

[quote name='Naylord']Such a good deal but I'm so jaded on this whole portable thing. I find when I'm out of the house I got other things to focus on.[/QUOTE]

You can play it inside the house too.

[quote name='feelgoodinc']You can play it inside the house too.[/QUOTE]What!?!! When did they add this feature? ;)

When my 3DS XL eventually comes in the mail, I'm going to return it to Futureshop.

Superstore has them on for 149 right now.

bread's done
Back