Dragon's Dogma (PS3 and 360) for under $18.99 at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Ivajosh

Ivajosh

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

Thought I'd post this since I enjoyed this game thoroughly when it came out. Hoping noone posted it before, Amazon just recommended it for me. :3

#2 TylerDurden313

TylerDurden313

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

PS3
Xbox 360

Nice find OP

#3 The Carrot Cake Kid

The Carrot Cake Kid

Luvs Creamy Frosting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

Good deal but probably better to wait for Dark Arisen a month from now.

#4 The Questyen

The Questyen

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

Good deal but probably better to wait for Dark Arisen a month from now.

Yeah, not sure why anyone would buy this unless it was like $5 considering a superior version of the game is coming out shortly.

Now Playing: Cate West: The Vanishing Files (Wii) / Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

Recently Finished:  Klonoa (Wii) B- / Velocity 2X (PS4) A- / Dead Space: Extraction (Wii) B-

#5 zeldaking

zeldaking

I LOVE BOOBS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

nice deal OP

#6 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

Weird Fact: Xbox has the vanilla Dragon's Dogma listed as DD: Dark Arisen now when you play it. My nephew was playing some DD the other week and I thought he got his hands on an early copy of Dark Arisen (or that my release date was off), turns out he was playing the regular release.

This should pre-answer the question of "will there be separate/more achievements for the new release?"

I'm definitely waiting for DD: DA, I need as much quick-travel as possible due to sucking at 3-D map navigation.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#7 kdiddy1989

kdiddy1989

2011 NBA Champions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

Weird Fact: Xbox has the vanilla Dragon's Dogma listed as DD: Dark Arisen now when you play it. My nephew was playing some DD the other week and I thought he got his hands on an early copy of Dark Arisen (or that my release date was off), turns out he was playing the regular release.

This should pre-answer the question of "will there be separate/more achievements for the new release?"

I'm definitely waiting for DD: DA, I need as much quick-travel as possible due to sucking at 3-D map navigation.

I was wondering about that! Had an Xbox friend with "Dark Arisen" on his list of games. I flipped out for a sec haha.

#8 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

Damn, I was wondering why the value tanked so much on ebay. Was trying to sell off my copy, oh well.

#9 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

Yeah, not sure why anyone would buy this unless it was like $5 considering a superior version of the game is coming out shortly.

So Dark Arisen isn't a sequel, it's like Super Street Fighter?

#10 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

So Dark Arisen isn't a sequel, it's like Super Street Fighter?

Yep

#11 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

Friggin capcom!

#12 htz

htz

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

$15 @ Best Buy if you can find it in-store.

#13 G1Burgertime

G1Burgertime

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

They did enough tweaking to the original game in the upcoming expansion that they're saying they couldn't release the new content as DLC. Take it as you well, but quite frankly I'm sick of the Capcom hate as of late. Seems they're damned if they do, and damned if they don't. Still can't get a straight answer as to whether or not these two editions will share a combined trophy list, or buying both will result in two different lists.

Tempted to grab this, but as htz said, Best Buy also has it for $15. Plus this is a 3rd party seller, and I really don't feel like dealing with one of those again right now.

#14 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

We preordered DD DA for $24 shipped last week from the tipoff here, and dumped our unopened DD we picked up around the holiday season for $15 I think, on ebay this last week for $24.

So DD DA will end up bing a great deal for us. We still have skyrim to keep us warm till its released.. ;)

#15 UnlockPotential

UnlockPotential

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

I thought Dark Arisen was a sequel or some kinda big DLC expansion kinda thing but if they're just fine tuning and expanding the same game then I'll wait for DA to be on sale. I got a huge backlog anyway. CAN'T FOOL ME, CAPCOM. AHHAHAHA. MY MONEY'S GOING TO ATLUS!

#16 the_grimace

the_grimace

It's Wondiferous!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:50 PM

I'm glad I read the comments. I almost purchased this and didn't realize they were doing a re-release in like a month. Really no point to buy this considering how much better Dark Arisen sounds.

#17 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

$15 @ Best Buy if you can find it in-store.

It shows 49.99 not 15

#18 Datajack

Datajack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

It shows 49.99 not 15

It's $15, review the coupon info in the header.

#19 Ivajosh

Ivajosh

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

What's in the Dark Arisen expansion though? Has any info been revealed? Havent looked into DD since a month after the original release date (loved the game but i broke it farming ur Dragon lol).

#20 retrad

retrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

It's $15, review the coupon info in the header.

you have to buy the magazine if you dont already therefore its not $15 if you factor the cost of the magazine in which you should.
Posted Image

#21 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

Absolutely no reason to get this now with DA coming out.

#22 Skooba81

Skooba81

Baby Cheesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

It's actually a coupon for reward zone members. You can claim the offer in the bestbuy app, no need to buy a magazine, just simply be a rewards member.

you have to buy the magazine if you dont already therefore its not $15 if you factor the cost of the magazine in which you should.

#23 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

Which version is better PS3 or 360? If one is better.

#24 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:15 AM

not much of a deal with the superior version coming out!

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#25 R_Fated_Circle

R_Fated_Circle

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:43 AM

I followed up on this deal last week, having never played dragons dogma i wanted to try it out before dark arisen came out for the save bonuses. Turns out I really like the game and was able to get a mage to lvl 10 before selling it back to gamestop for $15 and preordered dark arisen so I'd say for those on the fence or wanting to give it a try consider this a solid purchase or at least rental until the superior version comes out.

#26 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:30 AM

So Dark Arisen isn't going to offered as DLC or anything to buyers of the core version?

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#27 Morpha

Morpha

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:44 AM

So Dark Arisen isn't going to offered as DLC or anything to buyers of the core version?

As of right now, that is correct.

#28 Mad dog

Mad dog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:47 AM

Someone mentioned pre-ordering DA for $25 shipped. What is this about, is it still available? I'm about to put in for my copy on Amazon, but I'd like something less than $39.99+tax if possible.

Posted Image

#29 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:48 AM

Which version is better PS3 or 360? If one is better.

Ps3 had fewer issues. Just know that if you spam Magic Cannon, you'll be getting about 3 fps.
As for the sale on DA, not positive where it is, but I do know it's the UK version. You can play it just fine, but you'll need a UK psn to buy dlc.

#30 dilemna

dilemna

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:50 AM

which version is better ps3 or 360? If one is better.

Edited by dilemna, 28 March 2013 - 06:58 AM.