Old school complete series releases?

Mako1215

Banned
Just wonder which ones have actually gotten a full release of all episodes....

I know Gargoyles got canceled, DuckTales/ChipnDale/TaleSpin all need 1 more DVD release. Dinosaurs got a complete release. Along with TMNT.

Are there any others that have gotten a full release? Maybe Doug?

Complete:
Rockos Modern Life
Powerpuff Girls
Samurai Jack

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Rockos.

Yea it got cancelled, because Volume 1 didn't sell enough.... Which I don't see how that's true since everyone wants it all.

[quote name='Mako1215']I have the Rockos.

Yea it got cancelled, because Volume 1 didn't sell enough.... Which I don't see how that's true since everyone wants it all.[/QUOTE]

i just love it went publishers start releasing a series and dont finish.

they really should stop with this volume 1 crap and go full series or nothing.

Disney has a stupid train of thought where they think that the only release period that matters is the first week. Gargoyles didn't sell up to their standards the first week, so they abandoned it.

Here's where CN series are at for region 1 releases:
Powerpuff Girls- complete
Samurai Jack- complete
Dexter's Lab- 1
Johnny Bravo- 1
Courage- 1
Billy and Mandy- 1
Ed, Edd, n Eddy- 2
Foster's Home- 2

IIRC, Disney wanted Gargoyles Season 2, Part 1 to sell as well as Desperate Housewives. Go Disney logic.

Freakazoid and Street Sharks got complete releases, as well as most Hanna Barbara toons.

[quote name='DNukem170']IIRC, Disney wanted Gargoyles Season 2, Part 1 to sell as well as Desperate Housewives. Go Disney logic.

Freakazoid and Street Sharks got complete releases, as well as most Hanna Barbara toons.[/QUOTE]

swap desperate housewives with american idol and we also have fox new show logic.

but yes ill never understand TV companies and their oh it doesnt sell like some crap reality TV and make us triple the money so the show must be a failure logic.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']Here's where CN series are at for region 1 releases:
Powerpuff Girls- complete
Samurai Jack- complete
Dexter's Lab- 1
Johnny Bravo- 1
Courage- 1
Billy and Mandy- 1
Ed, Edd, n Eddy- 2
Foster's Home- 2[/QUOTE]

Actually, iTunes has all of Dexter;s Lab, all of Billy and Mandy, and I think the others as well. Not a dvd release but at least it is better than them being lost forever.

[quote name='TheLiptonDipper']Where is Salute Your Shorts?[/QUOTE]

I think it was released at the same time as Clarissa and Pete & Pete a few years ago. No idea if all the seasons are released, but Target keeps a steady supply of Hey Dude Seasons 1-3 on shelves.

[quote name='elessar123']Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors got a full release... but it didn't age well.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? It did? I gotta get on this asap.

[quote name='Sycowulf']Wait, what? It did? I gotta get on this asap.[/QUOTE]

It is on Amazon for $10. Problem is, the company packages their sets in DVD sleeves inside a DVD case holder. Very annoying.

Power Rangers got a full release
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles got a full release
Zelda got a full release
Super Mario Bros got a full release I believe
Super Mario Bros 3 got one
Megaman got one but that series is a bitch to get now.
Scooby Doo got one.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Power Rangers got a full release[/QUOTE]

I assume you mean Mighty Morphin. MMPR, Zeo, Turbo, in Space, Lost Galaxy and Samurai are fully released. For some reason, Super Samurai got a season set on both DVD and Blu-ray but Samurai only has singles.

Lightspeed Rescue, Time Force, and Wild Force were never released on DVD, while Ninja Storm, Dino Thunder, SPD, Mystic Force, Operation Overdrive, Jungle Fury, and RPM only got about 1/2 their seasons released on singles. Though Shout Factory has said they will release all the seasons they have access to, but it will take a while.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']Here's where CN series are at for region 1 releases:
Courage- 1
[/QUOTE]It be nice if CN would release more seasons of Courage.

[quote name='CommanderShiro']It be nice if CN would release more seasons of Courage.[/QUOTE]

From what I understand, none of CN's "Hall of Fame" releases sold all that well.

[quote name='DNukem170']I assume you mean Mighty Morphin. MMPR, Zeo, Turbo, in Space, Lost Galaxy and Samurai are fully released. For some reason, Super Samurai got a season set on both DVD and Blu-ray but Samurai only has singles.

Lightspeed Rescue, Time Force, and Wild Force were never released on DVD, while Ninja Storm, Dino Thunder, SPD, Mystic Force, Operation Overdrive, Jungle Fury, and RPM only got about 1/2 their seasons released on singles. Though Shout Factory has said they will release all the seasons they have access to, but it will take a while.[/QUOTE]

I was only including the 90s versions.

[quote name='DNukem170']From what I understand, none of CN's "Hall of Fame" releases sold all that well.[/QUOTE]Well that is just unfortunate. :cry:

[quote name='batman1939']But Gargoyles is the one that I wish would come out one day.[/QUOTE]

Funny enough, Amazon has a listing for Season 2, Part 3 and Season 3. Been up for a few years now.

CN did the same thing with the Powerpuff Girls at first. They released Season 1 (bought day 1) then nothing for a long time. Finally, they came out with the complete series set right around the time they had that anniversary episode that they aired on CN.

I appreciate the heads up about them being on itunes, but that just frustrates me even more that they haven't released complete series sets on region 1 DVDs. I know that Dexter got more season sets released in other regions as well, and that they run it on Boomerang every day. If it's still good enough to fill airtime, it should be good enough to release on DVD.

Just release everything in a complete set that had a complete release.Even better remaster it to 720p and slap it on some blu rays lol.

When DVD sets were popular they tried the season at a time thing to make more money. For some reason the rerelease of Sports night had a complete series, then had two separate season DVDs. It was weird.

They should just learn even if the season sets failed that a complete series set would work out well for them. Even if it's an on demand printing, fans will still buy what they really love.

bread's done
Back