Bioshock Infinite Songbird Edition Xbox 360 Still available Gamestop

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:27 AM

Not sure if it will be rare or not. GameStop seems to be the only one that has it.
http://www.gamestop....-edition/106154

#2 woz3323

woz3323

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:36 AM

Not sure if it will be rare or not. GameStop seems to be the only one that has it.
http://www.gamestop....-edition/106154

Thanks for the heads-up. Passed it up before then changed my mind too late....until tonight. Thanks!
"I am somewhere where I don't know where I am"
-Homer Simpson

#3 BryanDGAF

BryanDGAF

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:46 AM

I've read reviews that there are many hiccups in gameplay on consoles but the pc is the preferred system(in terms of gameplay)

#4 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:56 AM

I've read reviews that there are many hiccups in gameplay on consoles but the pc is the preferred system(in terms of gameplay)

Yes the one review out there says there are small issue with consoles but nothing that takes a thing away from the game.

#5 teknomedic

teknomedic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:58 AM

thanks OP... been going back and forth on this for a bit, guess I'll bite now, lol.
Gamers Unite... VOTE!
http://videogamevoters.org/

#6 Taneerian

Taneerian

Roll Dem Bones!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:45 AM

I love the statue but I can't justify the price tag.
gallery_237099_8237_20619.png

#7 nateeasy29

nateeasy29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:14 AM

Its not going to be rare.

#8 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:25 AM

Whoa, bold, italic, and underline.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#9 Camre

Camre

Duke of Earl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:27 AM

Probably like the Bioshock 2 collectors edition Im looking at right now that cost me 10 bucks or so..

#10 RainFall

RainFall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:29 AM

www.irrationalgames.com has all 3 editions for 149.99. No limits either. Looks like they charge tax to WA/FL

#11 zerobscure

zerobscure

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:30 AM

Whoa, bold, italic, and underline.

imagine if he went all caps. the emotion!

#12 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:35 AM

I can rest easy now, thank you.

#13 hecaitomix

hecaitomix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:31 AM

i cancelled mine (ps3), don't need another statue with that price. i'm happy with the gmg deal (bioshock infinite + bioshock 1 + bioshock 2 + x-com: enemy unknown + 15$ credit for 60$)

3DS friend code: Hecaitomix: 2380-3115-6693
Safari: Ground Type: Trapinch, Nincada, Gastrodon message me if you added me.
142265.png

#14 thisboywillbreak

thisboywillbreak

it's never been easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

Way too much.
I imagine most of the extra $ is for the statue, but I liked Tomb Raider's CE much better.
Posted Image

#15 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

www.irrationalgames.com has all 3 editions for 149.99. No limits either. Looks like they charge tax to WA/FL

i live in ohio and they charged me tax

#16 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

I can rest easy now, thank you.

Yeah, I was skeptical, but the underlining sold me.

#17 Zippon

Zippon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

Yes the one review out there says there are small issue with consoles but nothing that takes a thing away from the game.

Thank you for beating me to the punch. Gotta love how people blow things out of proportion online. lol

Sold out on Walmart.com.
Sold out on Target.com.
Sold out on Amazon.com.
Sold out (2 editions) on Gamestop.com.

Etc.

Yup, just like every other CE that went into the bargain bin, right? :roll:

I think it's dumb to speculate on CE's myself. Most do end up on clearance (which is when I buy them). But failing to recognize that this is different, based on how quickly it sold out, shows you haven't been following it at all.

And I don't trust their own online store. It's run by Digital River, and they are inept when it comes to keeping track of stock.

#18 kit352

kit352

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:03 AM

gs was pushing this hard at a store i went to last night. They had a poorly hand written note on the front door stating they still had them and 2 of the creatures that work there tried pushing on me.
Ill take my chances like i did with gears 3 and wait it out. Id bite at 50. Im no fan of the season pass tricks either and thats whats really keeping me from buying the regular edition at full price right now.

#19 chrislaustin

chrislaustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

This version will be "Limited", as it has been sold out at most major retailers for awhile now. It has also been going in and out of stock as well for the last few weeks. I'm guessing due to cancellations and extra stock added. I believe within a few weeks these will be gone.

This is also one of the only few special editions that will be released in several regions worldwide, so they are for sure trying to make sure all fans can get a copy. So I don't think prices will ever get super high for this, but it should maintain its current value over time, as it will be sold out, but considering so many other regions will have the exact same set, prices won't go to high.

#20 Banana Peel Assassin

Banana Peel Assassin

RIP Arcade Infinity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

not working for me when I tried to order the PC version of Songbird. :cry:

- StayFree( ' 3')

store coming soon (sample: 1 2 3)

12/5

#21 Zippon

Zippon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

Im no fan of the season pass tricks either and thats whats really keeping me from buying the regular edition at full price right now.

Yup, getting paid for additional work sure seems like "trickery". I mean, they rushed the "regular" game out in what? 5-6 years? Rubbish. Surely that can't be worth $60.

Yeah, the work they are continuing to do now, creating even more content, is such a ripoff. How dare they give fans more of what they want? Those scoundrels.

#22 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

It has been what 4 months, a lot of people cards probably had no credit, expired cc, inputted wrong info, or tried to make multiple orders, and they got cancelled happens all the time at GameStop.

#23 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

Yup, getting paid for additional work sure seems like "trickery". I mean, they rushed the "regular" game out in what? 5-6 years? Rubbish. Surely that can't be worth $60.

Yeah, the work they are continuing to do now, creating even more content, is such a ripoff. How dare they give fans more of what they want? Those scoundrels.

Yes, everything should be free to me because I am broke :lol:
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#24 Tarskidx

Tarskidx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

The only one that is rare is the original Bioshock Collector's Edition as I believe it was "only" released for the 360 as it was a new IP with uncertain expectations of becoming a franchise. That CE still has the best Big Daddy due to the quality of the statue, but they really messed this item up as the drill hand could easily be broken off. Many of the boxes were carelessly shipped so they had some dents in the shipments. It was packed too tight in the box and the smallest drop could break that drill hand clean off. Thankfully, you can crazy glue it back and it looks perfect and I think they even offered a free replacement of the statue.

If I was to specualate, I think the low print run of the Bioshock 1/2 Return to Rapture will eventually be considered "rare" down the road. Fewer copies are appearing anywhere and I doubt Irrational Games will ever re-release this version. It had no hype or marketing behind it and was just released as more of a fan service to the diehards of this series to hold them over until Infinite was released and get some people onboard to the Bioshock universe for the first time. When I say rare, I think it will only go up in price from the original MSRP of $29.99.

#25 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

ewwww all of that extra money for a statue (as nice as it looks). i would take the extra 70$ or so that you are spending and put it towards a bunch of games. while this version might be harder to find in the near future it true value is only if its sealed and im sure people didnt plan on spending 150$ just to leave the box on your shelf and not play this amazing game lol
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#26 Zippon

Zippon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

That CE still has the best Big Daddy due to the quality of the statue, but they really messed this item up as the drill hand could easily be broken off. Many of the boxes were carelessly shipped so they had some dents in the shipments.

Have you actually seen that Big Daddy statue in person? I have one, and while I like it for sentimental reasons, it is not high quality. Details are light, and the paint job is laughable. Only uses a few colors, and they are slopped on, with no attention to detail or the original character model. Looks like something made by an amateur. The action figures produced for the second game look miles better.

As for the drill hand, I heard that one of the shipping crates (out of 2 or 3 total) was dropped on the dock, due to a crane cable snapping. The shipper didn't tell 2K, so all those figures arrived at the shops broken.

#27 Tarskidx

Tarskidx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

Maybe I am being nostalgic then, because I prefer the rusty, gritty, worn colors of that Big Daddy over the more vibrant Neca figures. I actually own 2 as I got the replacement one as well as the printed art book. I should get the Neca one come to think of it? THANKS!

#28 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

ewwww all of that extra money for a statue (as nice as it looks). i would take the extra 70$ or so that you are spending and put it towards a bunch of games. while this version might be harder to find in the near future it true value is only if its sealed and im sure people didnt plan on spending 150$ just to leave the box on your shelf and not play this amazing game lol

The statue is individually sealed I think, so you can just keep that sealed.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#29 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

i never understood the hype for this game, and I played the first two. isn't this game part fps gameplay, with the use of magic/ spells.

#30 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

The premium for $10 more looks okay.

nihilence.png