Bioshock Infinite Songbird Edition Xbox 360 Still available Gamestop

I've read reviews that there are many hiccups in gameplay on consoles but the pc is the preferred system(in terms of gameplay)

[quote name='BryanDGAF']I've read reviews that there are many hiccups in gameplay on consoles but the pc is the preferred system(in terms of gameplay)[/QUOTE]

Yes the one review out there says there are small issue with consoles but nothing that takes a thing away from the game.

[quote name='nateeasy29']Its not going to be rare.[/QUOTE]

Probably like the Bioshock 2 collectors edition Im looking at right now that cost me 10 bucks or so..

i cancelled mine (ps3), don't need another statue with that price. i'm happy with the gmg deal (bioshock infinite + bioshock 1 + bioshock 2 + x-com: enemy unknown + 15$ credit for 60$)

[quote name='cancerman1120']Yes the one review out there says there are small issue with consoles but nothing that takes a thing away from the game.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for beating me to the punch. Gotta love how people blow things out of proportion online. lol

[quote name='nateeasy29']Its not going to be rare.[/QUOTE]

Sold out on Walmart.com.
Sold out on Target.com.
Sold out on Amazon.com.
Sold out (2 editions) on Gamestop.com.

Etc.

Yup, just like every other CE that went into the bargain bin, right? :roll:

I think it's dumb to speculate on CE's myself. Most do end up on clearance (which is when I buy them). But failing to recognize that this is different, based on how quickly it sold out, shows you haven't been following it at all.

And I don't trust their own online store. It's run by Digital River, and they are inept when it comes to keeping track of stock.

gs was pushing this hard at a store i went to last night. They had a poorly hand written note on the front door stating they still had them and 2 of the creatures that work there tried pushing on me.
Ill take my chances like i did with gears 3 and wait it out. Id bite at 50. Im no fan of the season pass tricks either and thats whats really keeping me from buying the regular edition at full price right now.

This version will be "Limited", as it has been sold out at most major retailers for awhile now. It has also been going in and out of stock as well for the last few weeks. I'm guessing due to cancellations and extra stock added. I believe within a few weeks these will be gone.

This is also one of the only few special editions that will be released in several regions worldwide, so they are for sure trying to make sure all fans can get a copy. So I don't think prices will ever get super high for this, but it should maintain its current value over time, as it will be sold out, but considering so many other regions will have the exact same set, prices won't go to high.

[quote name='kit352']Im no fan of the season pass tricks either and thats whats really keeping me from buying the regular edition at full price right now.[/QUOTE]

Yup, getting paid for additional work sure seems like "trickery". I mean, they rushed the "regular" game out in what? 5-6 years? Rubbish. Surely that can't be worth $60.

Yeah, the work they are continuing to do now, creating even more content, is such a ripoff. How dare they give fans more of what they want? Those scoundrels.

It has been what 4 months, a lot of people cards probably had no credit, expired cc, inputted wrong info, or tried to make multiple orders, and they got cancelled happens all the time at GameStop.

[quote name='Zippon']Yup, getting paid for additional work sure seems like "trickery". I mean, they rushed the "regular" game out in what? 5-6 years? Rubbish. Surely that can't be worth $60.

Yeah, the work they are continuing to do now, creating even more content, is such a ripoff. How dare they give fans more of what they want? Those scoundrels.[/QUOTE]

Yes, everything should be free to me because I am broke :lol:

The only one that is rare is the original Bioshock Collector's Edition as I believe it was "only" released for the 360 as it was a new IP with uncertain expectations of becoming a franchise. That CE still has the best Big Daddy due to the quality of the statue, but they really messed this item up as the drill hand could easily be broken off. Many of the boxes were carelessly shipped so they had some dents in the shipments. It was packed too tight in the box and the smallest drop could break that drill hand clean off. Thankfully, you can crazy glue it back and it looks perfect and I think they even offered a free replacement of the statue.

If I was to specualate, I think the low print run of the Bioshock 1/2 Return to Rapture will eventually be considered "rare" down the road. Fewer copies are appearing anywhere and I doubt Irrational Games will ever re-release this version. It had no hype or marketing behind it and was just released as more of a fan service to the diehards of this series to hold them over until Infinite was released and get some people onboard to the Bioshock universe for the first time. When I say rare, I think it will only go up in price from the original MSRP of $29.99.

ewwww all of that extra money for a statue (as nice as it looks). i would take the extra 70$ or so that you are spending and put it towards a bunch of games. while this version might be harder to find in the near future it true value is only if its sealed and im sure people didnt plan on spending 150$ just to leave the box on your shelf and not play this amazing game lol

[quote name='Tarskidx']That CE still has the best Big Daddy due to the quality of the statue, but they really messed this item up as the drill hand could easily be broken off. Many of the boxes were carelessly shipped so they had some dents in the shipments. [/QUOTE]

Have you actually seen that Big Daddy statue in person? I have one, and while I like it for sentimental reasons, it is not high quality. Details are light, and the paint job is laughable. Only uses a few colors, and they are slopped on, with no attention to detail or the original character model. Looks like something made by an amateur. The action figures produced for the second game look miles better.

As for the drill hand, I heard that one of the shipping crates (out of 2 or 3 total) was dropped on the dock, due to a crane cable snapping. The shipper didn't tell 2K, so all those figures arrived at the shops broken.

Maybe I am being nostalgic then, because I prefer the rusty, gritty, worn colors of that Big Daddy over the more vibrant Neca figures. I actually own 2 as I got the replacement one as well as the printed art book. I should get the Neca one come to think of it? THANKS!

[quote name='strait edge follower']ewwww all of that extra money for a statue (as nice as it looks). i would take the extra 70$ or so that you are spending and put it towards a bunch of games. while this version might be harder to find in the near future it true value is only if its sealed and im sure people didnt plan on spending 150$ just to leave the box on your shelf and not play this amazing game lol[/QUOTE]
The statue is individually sealed I think, so you can just keep that sealed.

i never understood the hype for this game, and I played the first two. isn't this game part fps gameplay, with the use of magic/ spells.

I got a copy of the Bioshock 2 CE like, eight months after the game came out, for twelve dollars from Best Buy.

I have a feeling this is not going to be rare.

[quote name='YBX87']i never understood the hype for this game, and I played the first two. isn't this game part fps gameplay, with the use of magic/ spells.[/QUOTE]

Bioshock in general leads the story driven / atmospheric "genre"

[quote name='RainFall']www.irrationalgames.com has all 3 editions for 149.99. No limits either. Looks like they charge tax to WA/FL[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I ordered the PC version yesterday & just got a UPS tracking number. I had given up hope of finding a PC Collectors Edition. So glad this worked out.

[quote name='nibbs159']Thank you! I ordered the PC version yesterday & just got a UPS tracking number. I had given up hope of finding a PC Collectors Edition. So glad this worked out.[/QUOTE]
Good for you. Next time, just preorder it a little early on. BestBuy and Gamestop had these for a long time, don't wait for near release on CEs that you want. I just can't stress this enough, it saves you so much trouble.

[quote name='Tarskidx']

If I was to specualate, I think the low print run of the Bioshock 1/2 Return to Rapture will eventually be considered "rare" down the road. Fewer copies are appearing anywhere and I doubt Irrational Games will ever re-release this version. It had no hype or marketing behind it and was just released as more of a fan service to the diehards of this series to hold them over until Infinite was released and get some people onboard to the Bioshock universe for the first time. When I say rare, I think it will only go up in price from the original MSRP of $29.99.[/QUOTE]

Lol. No offense, but there isn't a chance in hell of that becoming rare. They made that edition so they wouldn't have to reprint 2 games that are barely worth their packaging at retail. You can still buy it basically anywhere, they will obviously print more if they are selling, rather than print the separate games.

[quote name='YBX87']thanks, i guess that might be from cancelled orders/ extra shipments.[/QUOTE]

I cancelled a 360 and PC copy of Songbird yesterday and today. Thinking about it for past few weeks and the CE just wasn't worth the $150, especially since I already had the game from the AMD reloaded promo.

[quote name='El Toro Fuerte']I cancelled a 360 and PC copy of Songbird yesterday and today. Thinking about it for past few weeks and the CE just wasn't worth the $150, especially since I already had the game from the AMD reloaded promo.[/QUOTE]

Lol, same here. I imagine they had a ton of cancels. I did sell one for $240, but they went way down after January on Ebay.

[quote name='Tarskidx']The only one that is rare is the original Bioshock Collector's Edition as I believe it was "only" released for the 360 as it was a new IP with uncertain expectations of becoming a franchise.[/QUOTE]

I think it also came out on PC

[quote name='Flowstance']Lol, same here. I imagine they had a ton of cancels. I did sell one for $240, but they went way down after January on Ebay.[/QUOTE]
I went ahead and grabbed the PS3 version, as this has been going in and out of stock, and even though I don't think it will be super rare, I think it will be sold out soon.

Ebay prices for this will probably never be to high, as this edition is being released in almost every region, so there just isn't the need for Ebayers to buy(Most of my sales are from international buyers). Once it sells out, I'm sure prices might go up a bit, but nothing to high. If prices drop to much, I'll just return mine to Amazon, and wait to get it cheaper at a later date.

i will grab one from amazon warehouse, when it is under $80. I see this game do poorly in sales, because of the original delay it had made.

[quote name='YBX87']i will grab one from amazon warehouse, when it is under $80. I see this game do poorly in sales, because of the original delay it had made.[/QUOTE]

Dat English....

This game has been delayed a few times, but that won't have any effect on sales. This game is either going to sell or it won't. People know this is coming from the studio that made System Shock 2 and Bioshock. The Bioshock name is well respected. It's going to be one of the best reviewed games ever.

[quote name='slickkill77']Dat English....

This game has been delayed a few times, but that won't have any effect on sales. This game is either going to sell or it won't. People know this is coming from the studio that made System Shock 2 and Bioshock. The Bioshock name is well respected. It's going to be one of the best reviewed games ever.[/QUOTE]

it is already one of the highest rated game I have seen this year. MOstly 9+ out of a total score of 10 from most review sites. I am sorry for my poor grammar. I did not know I was writing a paper here.

[quote name='TaylorM06']Free shipping at Amazon...Or an extra $3-4 at GS but get all the points my PUR account...[/QUOTE]
if you want to gamble on amazon potentially screwing up the shipment, and the statue being damaged. i Would choose the gamstop, if you do not want to risk it.

[quote name='YBX87']if you want to gamble on amazon potentially screwing up the shipment, and the statue being damaged. i Would choose the gamstop, if you do not want to risk it.[/QUOTE]

You can't pick it up in store at gamestop so what difference would it make? They're both going to be shipped

bread's done
Back