(DEAD) Best Buy Upgrade & Save Returns 4/21-5/11

• Please log in to reply
476 replies to this topic

#271 ThunderChunky62

ThunderChunky62

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

Picked up Star trek, Spawn, and Attack the Block. Really want The Sandlot though. Couldn't find this damn movie. SANDLOT, WHERE ARE YOU?

#272 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

I have to admit Star Trek at $5 is mighty tempting.

Also tempted to get Best of In Your House for $17.99 on Tuesday or one of those other WWE $10 Blu Rays (before discount).

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#273 jeeper421

jeeper421

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

I got the following after coupon

Hulk 4.99
Incredible Hulk 6.99
Hellboy II 4.99
These 3 have movie cash towards Oblivion

And
Star Trek 4.99

#274 cdeener

cdeener

Love Those Price Drops!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

$4.99 Each after coupon

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Secret of the Ozee
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3: Turtles in Time
Last Man Standing/Last Boy Scout Action 2 Pack
Jackie Brown

I like how my local store clerk gave me an extra coupon after purchase to use on my next visit. Also, she didn't take the one I had attached to my trade receipt so I have two for next time.

#275 jatink129

jatink129

Mister Aladdin, sir What will your pleasure be?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:19 PM

I saw both versions at my store. The non-movie cash version was marked $9.99, w/movie cash is $12.99. They had different sku's, and I did not push for a match.

Interesting.
I bought the one with the movie cash, and it rang up as $12.99 BUT it had a $9.99 sticker on it.
So they price-modified it.

Problem is (I only noticed later) something has come loose inside. I don't know if the disc just got dislodged or if the holder is broken. The only other store that has it in stock is 40 miles away.
Now what?

The cashier told me to just buy the regular one online and then return this copy with that receipt. (!!!!) I'm thinking that I'll probably have to do that.

#276 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:11 PM

Interesting.
I bought the one with the movie cash, and it rang up as $12.99 BUT it had a $9.99 sticker on it.
So they price-modified it.

Problem is (I only noticed later) something has come loose inside. I don't know if the disc just got dislodged or if the holder is broken. The only other store that has it in stock is 40 miles away.
Now what?

The cashier told me to just buy the regular one online and then return this copy with that receipt. (!!!!) I'm thinking that I'll probably have to do that.

Just be sure you purchase the one with the same sku online, or it won't work. Everything is based off of sku's at BB - which is directly related to the UPC. Most of the releases with the movie cash just have a new upc sticker over the barcode - and the movie cash sticker is the only difference. That is why your copy most likely still had the $9.99 tag on it. It was just sent back to have the movie cash and upc stickers put on and shipped back to the store. They didn't bother to pull off the price tag.

#277 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:18 AM

Picked up Iron Man and Star Trek for 4.99/piece.

#278 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:26 AM

Couldn't resist picking up the Star Trek movies I was missing on BD (VII-X) for $5 each. It still amazes me that every time I go to do one of these trade-ins I manage to get an employee who has never done it before and has no idea what the deal is.
Posted Image

#279 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:17 AM

Couldn't resist picking up the Star Trek movies I was missing on BD (VII-X) for $5 each. It still amazes me that every time I go to do one of these trade-ins I manage to get an employee who has never done it before and has no idea what the deal is.

And then ignore you when you tell them how to do it and fiddle around for 10-15 minutes, sometimes longer, and then do exactly what you told them and act like they figured it out on their own. :p

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#280 jeeper421

jeeper421

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

I picked up after coupon

Ironman 4.99
Ironman 2 4.99

I could not resist them for 5 each

#281 jatink129

jatink129

Mister Aladdin, sir What will your pleasure be?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

Just be sure you purchase the one with the same sku online, or it won't work. Everything is based off of sku's at BB - which is directly related to the UPC. Most of the releases with the movie cash just have a new upc sticker over the barcode - and the movie cash sticker is the only difference. That is why your copy most likely still had the $9.99 tag on it. It was just sent back to have the movie cash and upc stickers put on and shipped back to the store. They didn't bother to pull off the price tag.

Gotcha!
So how much chance do I have of that $12.99 bluray (that I'll now order) coming with movie cash?

#282 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

Went to a bigger Best Buy and once again the guy didn't even open the cases.

#283 dchrisd

dchrisd

F.U. Rosalina! ~ Daisy <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:04 PM

Slightly odd experience at my store. Trade in was really easy. Employee just quickly looked to make sure the discs were in the case and gave me my coupons. Really fast and easy. Managed to pick up a copy of Sandlot with slipcover (yeah) but my store had absolutely zero copies of the Star Trek movies (except for the most recent). Really odd.
Posted Image

#284 bfett9

bfett9

Stop Looking at Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:08 PM

YMMV on this
I able to get BBY to not only order me a blu that wasn't in the store but also PM walmart, and got it shipped to my house.

I mentioned that some people have had an issue with getting a BBY to apply the coupon to an online purchase, if the blu was not in the store
She said that if the title you want is not in store and if ship to store is not an option to just order the blu at full price to your house, then do return and re-buy with coupon at the store. (you do have 2.5 weeks) Good luck.

Reminding those who came in late in the thread. If you cant find your titles in store see above^.
Posted Image

#285 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:41 PM

Had a pretty successful trip

Traded in five and got (after coupon prices listed):

Almost Famous-$4.99
Close Encounters of the Third Kind-$4.99
Jackie Brown-$4.99
Reservoir Dogs-$4.99
Body Heat/L.A. Confidential/The Player- $6.99 (really just wanted L.A. Confidential as I'd traded my DVD in during a prior promo and not been able to find the stand alone release).

Thought I was done with those five, but now have Reservoir Dogs DVD to ditch, and will probably ditch Donnie Brasco DVD as well since the Blu is $9.99. Will pick that up, and maybe Gladiator (traded the DVD today, but didn't see the Blu) or Shutter Island..

And then I am probably done with these promos as I've got my DVD collection pared down pretty good finally. I think everything left is stuff I want to keep and don't care to upgrade to Blu.

#286 tokerblue

tokerblue

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:01 PM

Picked up Star Trek (2009), Iron Man and Iron Man 2 for $15. I'm kicking myself for not buying Willow when it was on sale for $12.99 last week. It's back up to $16.99 this week.

#287 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:56 AM

BTW, Best Buy is currently having an http://www.bestbuy.c...15&fs=16&iht=n'>online sale on various TV shows, many of them U&S sale titles. Buy 2, get 25% off (which is the same as two coupons) and Buy 3 and get 35% off, which essentially gets you one of the titles for free.

#288 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:18 AM

BTW, Best Buy is currently having an online sale on various TV shows, many of them U&S sale titles. Buy 2, get 25% off (which is the same as two coupons) and Buy 3 and get 35% off, which essentially gets you one of the titles for free.

Hmm...do you guys think Seasons 1-3 of Fringe for $38.97 before tax is a good deal? I liked the pilot episode but wasn't sure about continuing the series. :-k

Specifically (please don't start anything over this), I'm concerned about the level of...implied sexual content. I didn't enjoy both the pilot and following episode opening with a scene in a hotel room--the pilot with obvious sexual overtones and the other episode with an anticipation of such activity. It's seriously a moral issue for me if a show consistently depicts stuff like this, so if that sort of thing happens often, maybe I shouldn't invest in Fringe. Can anyone clear this up?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: Just Cause 2; MGS3 HD [Speed Run for Vita Platinum]  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/20]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#289 Chief Keef

Chief Keef

GBE 3hunna

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:48 AM

BTW, Best Buy is currently having an online sale on various TV shows, many of them U&S sale titles. Buy 2, get 25% off (which is the same as two coupons) and Buy 3 and get 35% off, which essentially gets you one of the titles for free.

Terrible sale. Boardwalk Empire for is listed there for like $70, lol.

It's got good prices on Fringe and Vampire Diaries... but that's it.

Dirty Sprite baby that's that dirty citrus

Flexin on these niggas bally total fitness

I'm in LA at LA fitness

What I'm doin bitch I'm tryna get some bitches

BANG 3 COMING SOON ~~~~ 300 

#290 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

Hmm...do you guys think Seasons 1-3 of Fringe for $38.97 before tax is a good deal? I liked the pilot episode but wasn't sure about continuing the series. :-k

Specifically (please don't start anything over this), I'm concerned about the level of...implied sexual content. I didn't enjoy both the pilot and following episode opening with a scene in a hotel room--the pilot with obvious sexual overtones and the other episode with an anticipation of such activity. It's seriously a moral issue for me if a show consistently depicts stuff like this, so if that sort of thing happens often, maybe I shouldn't invest in Fringe. Can anyone clear this up?

That's certainly an interesting issue for someone with the tag "I CAN FIST" but anyway [edit: oh, CAST, I read it wrong], I think it was a pretty good sci-fi show, if not slightly boring at times. It definitely picked up at the end of the first season. You're going to get minor sexual undertones in most shows these days.
FadeToOne.png

#291 cbulas1

cbulas1

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed Fringe. It is an excellent sci-fi show with very strong actors occupying the lead roles. Some seasons are definitely better than others, and some episodes were definitely misses, but I recommend it overall.

However, as has been mentioned, pretty much any primetime show on television is going to have, at the very least, implied sexual content (if not much more than "implied"), and Fringe is no exception. It's certainly not the focus of the show, nor is it important to the plot of most story lines, but it's there sometimes.

#292 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

Also, don't think too much about the actual science or plot holes.

#293 cbulas1

cbulas1

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

Also, don't think too much about the actual science or plot holes.

Definitely this.

Just go along for the ride and enjoy how awesome John Noble is.

#294 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

So can u pm and use the coupon on a movie

#295 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

If you have Netflix the first four seasons of Fringe is available on that.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#296 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

So can u pm and use the coupon on a movie

Typically not. They consider it double dipping.

#297 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

Stopped by a different BB when running other errands last night and traded the other two.

Got Donnie Brasco for $4.99 after coupon, and Hugo 3D for $9.99 after coupon.

Had to argue a bit on Hugo as it was ringing up at $34.99 instead of $14.99. Apparently there are two skus (looks like one has a digital copy and one doesn't--which is what I got) and they have it in the system under different skus.

That should have me done with Upgrade and Save deals as I'm pretty happy with the DVD collection I have now and don't think there's anything else I want to ditch or upgrade to Blu.

I do need to buy Gladiator on Blu at some point as I traded that in yesterday but couldn't find it on Blu at either store.

#298 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

Stopped by a different BB when running other errands last night and traded the other two.

Got Donnie Brasco for $4.99 after coupon, and Hugo 3D for $9.99 after coupon.

Had to argue a bit on Hugo as it was ringing up at $34.99 instead of $14.99. Apparently there are two skus (looks like one has a digital copy and one doesn't--which is what I got) and they have it in the system under different skus.

That should have me done with Upgrade and Save deals as I'm pretty happy with the DVD collection I have now and don't think there's anything else I want to ditch or upgrade to Blu.

I do need to buy Gladiator on Blu at some point as I traded that in yesterday but couldn't find it on Blu at either store.

I think the only way I've seen Gladiator Blu is in the double or triple pack with Troy and maybe another movie.

#299 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

Looking at next week's ad, I am probably done with this promo. I do see that you will be able to snag Horrible Bosses for $5 after coupon. That movie is hilarious and a steal at that price.

#300 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

I stopped into best buy today and saw all the Star Trek blu-ray titles available on an end-cap. Their website, and Amazon, both listed some of those back catalog titles as releasing today, so if you couldn't find them Sunday or Monday at your local store, you may want to try again today.

Also got a copy of Serenity for $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) that includes the $8 movie cash code.