(DEAD) Best Buy Upgrade & Save Returns 4/21-5/11

• Please log in to reply
476 replies to this topic

#121 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

I got 10 things (they let me do 2 transactions). They actually had quite a few things they didn't have recently that I thought was only available online.
FadeToOne.png

#122 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

A living, breathing piece of defecating meat.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

Went alright for me. The first BB kinda freaked - they didn't know the promo was on and told me a horror story about last time upgrade and save ran. Somerhing about a blockbuster nearby that was closing. I was only trading five so their terror quickly subsided. They made me do everything at customer service which meant a lot of waiting.

I was denied Paul for some reason. Might have been the Fandango promo attached to it. I pretty much loathe Seth Rogen but I love Nick Frost and Simon Pegg so no biggie, I'll pick it up someday.

Got everything but Inglorious Bastards which I really wanted so I headed to another BB.

The second BB sent me to customer service and actually looked over the discs. This BB let me check out up front which worked much better.

Tried to stick with $9.99 movies but splurged a bit.

LA Confidential
There Will Be Blood
Star Trek 2009
Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Inglorious Bastards
Attack the Block

Trek and Attack the Block were third string fillers. Everything else I want is still twenty bucks or more. I'm more of a $10 Blu Ray guy.

Have you watched Attack the Block yet, or were you interested but not necessarily in the market for it? It's definitely high up on my list. Great film.

#123 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

Yeah, man, NO SHAME in getting ATTACK THE BLOCK. That thing is terrific!

#124 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

Oh, and just a heads up, the copy of The Thing I picked up was $12.99, although it was in the area with the $9.99 shelf tag. I didn't want to cause a stir, as the girl gave me my coupons back, but the sku for the copy I picked up was: 8822096

#125 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

I was surprised that my BB had several movies that according to the website said "not available in stores" as well. They only had The Sandlot on DVD, but I was able to grab, Warrior, Miracle, and Coyote Ugly for about $16 total. I was also going to pick up the Walk The Line/Crazy Heart combo...but after waiting in line 15 minutes for the cell phone upgrade check, the girl told me "we haven't done that promotion in months". I tried mentioning that I heard it started back today, and she just asked her co-worker next to her who repeated the same thing. Has anyone actually confirmed that that is going on again? I saw the post in this thread, but I tried looking on Bestbuy.com and haven't found anything for it.

#126 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

This was my haul from today (prices before discount):

The Amazing Spider-Man 3D $19.99
Coraline 3D $19.99
Hotel Transylvania 3D $19.99
Hugo 3D $14.99
I, Robot 3D $19.99
Prometheus 3D $19.99
Under the Seas 3D $14.99

Need to track down Dredd 3D and Abe Lincoln Vampire Killer 3D. Will probably get The Lorax 3D and Despicable Me 3D too. All should be $19.99.

I need to get 2-3 more DVDs at least. Any stores have $0.50 DVDs?

Edited by freshzen, 21 April 2013 - 10:24 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#127 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:13 PM

I was surprised that my BB had several movies that according to the website said "not available in stores" as well. They only had The Sandlot on DVD, but I was able to grab, Warrior, Miracle, and Coyote Ugly for about $16 total. I was also going to pick up the Walk The Line/Crazy Heart combo...but after waiting in line 15 minutes for the cell phone upgrade check, the girl told me "we haven't done that promotion in months". I tried mentioning that I heard it started back today, and she just asked her co-worker next to her who repeated the same thing. Has anyone actually confirmed that that is going on again? I saw the post in this thread, but I tried looking on Bestbuy.com and haven't found anything for it.

Grab an ad and shove it in their faces.

#128 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:14 PM

Best Buy I went to was out of The Green Hornet (non 3d) and The Sitter, they did have all three lord of the rings but so do all the others so I'll pcik those up when i find 2 other movies.

I did however pick up the hardcover FFXIII-2 guide for $4.99

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#129 Haggar

Haggar

Mayor of Metro City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:59 PM

Please forgive me if this has been asked before- Do you have to use the coupons the same day you get them, and if not, how long until they do expire?

I had a great easy transaction today. traded in 5 old dvds and got all 5 Resident Evil movies for $50. I'd like to trade more dvds in during the week, but wont have money to buy more blu rays until Friday.

Thanks.

#130 farva2

farva2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:00 AM

Looper-13
tmnt-5
tmnt 2-5
limitless-5
attack the block-5
All for $35! also ordred the jurassic park trilogy from amazon uk for $18! good blu ray day for me. Might go back for jaws and the hobbit later in the week.

#131 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:06 AM

Please forgive me if this has been asked before- Do you have to use the coupons the same day you get them, and if not, how long until they do expire?

I had a great easy transaction today. traded in 5 old dvds and got all 5 Resident Evil movies for $50. I'd like to trade more dvds in during the week, but wont have money to buy more blu rays until Friday.

Thanks.

Nope, you can hoard coupons as long as you want as long as you use them by May 11th.

#132 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:09 AM

Thanks.

So. You were AT the store and didn't ask? Best Buys can be so random, even with some store policies. You'd be better off asking that specific store. I thought I read contradicting answers toward that question a while ago.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#133 Haggar

Haggar

Mayor of Metro City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:11 AM

Nope, you can hoard coupons as long as you want as long as you use them by May 11th.

Thank you for the info.

#134 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:24 AM

Yeah, this promo has gotten a bit inconsistent. They don't even do the coupons anymore (or at least the little cards like they used to). All I got was a printed receipt, indicating that I had traded in 3 DVDs. The guy at the customer service desk also told me to remind the cashiers to just use the SKU# in case they had forgotten how to do the promo.

#135 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:26 AM

Yeah, this promo has gotten a bit inconsistent. They don't even do the coupons anymore (or at least the little cards like they used to). All I got was a printed receipt, indicating that I had traded in 3 DVDs. The guy at the customer service desk also told me to remind the cashiers to just use the SKU# in case they had forgotten how to do the promo.

They had the coupons at the store I went to today, but the last two times they didn't have them. Inconsistent is the perfect word for U&S.

#136 fight_the_youth

fight_the_youth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:16 AM

http://pisces.bbysta...3827795;size=m2

9.99 - 5.00 bb coupon - 2.50 mfc = 2.49

Not sure if this is limited because website didnt have store pick up
but the store I went to had it in stock

#137 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:28 AM

They don't even do the coupons anymore (or at least the little cards like they used to).

My store had stacks of the coupons at the register.
Posted Image

#138 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:35 AM

http://pisces.bbystatic.com/entertainment/movie/image/id/024543827795;size=m2

9.99 - 5.00 bb coupon - 2.50 mfc = 2.49

Not sure if this is limited because website didnt have store pick up
but the store I went to had it in stock

Daaaaamn...that's exactly what I wanted. Amazing deal with the MFC to boot. My store only had the old version of the DVD. I really hate how they organize by genre now though. Did you find that in the "family" section?

#139 cgxcswim

cgxcswim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:08 AM

Will they take the Sandlot coupon even though it says "redeem at Walmart" on it?

#140 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:30 AM

Hmm I didn't see the sand lot either... now I need to keep an eye out
FadeToOne.png

#141 mike568

mike568

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:54 AM

Will they take the Sandlot coupon even though it says "redeem at Walmart" on it?

They have to if you buy the Blu-ray + DVD combo pack because it says "Manufacturer Coupon" not Walmart only. It has the bar code that the manufacturer scans to pay the retailer back.

#142 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:56 AM

My store had stacks of the coupons at the register.

You only need the receipt but they are obligated to give you a coupon. Some stores who do not have the cards just print them out.

#143 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:03 AM

Picked up 15 movies today & more later this week ;)
"Evil is Funs"

#144 blazers29

blazers29

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

Can we pricematch and use coupon?

#145 Pounce!

Pounce!

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

Register Double Dip NO or ymmv manager override.

#146 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

Do you guys know if there will be a free ticket promotion for the upcoming Superman movie? I'd like to use the $5 coupon towards Superman Returns or one of the animated movies if this happened.

What's the current price for Django Unchained?

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#147 cagfansub

cagfansub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

Wow.. Hansel and Gretel already been released and on $10 list?

#148 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

Wow.. Hansel and Gretel already been released and on $10 list?

Not sure which you're talking about, but there was a Hansel and Gretel released on bluray several years ago. I assume you're thinking of a different one.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#149 Kain

Kain

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

Probably the http://en.wikipedia....etel_(2013_film)'>Asylum mockbuster.

Last Six Years of Completed Games: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014.

#150 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

Not sure which you're talking about, but there was a Hansel and Gretel released on bluray several years ago. I assume you're thinking of a different one.

Probably the new one with Jeremy Renner.