(DEAD) Best Buy Upgrade & Save Returns 4/21-5/11

• Please log in to reply
476 replies to this topic

#241 TVsRobLowe

TVsRobLowe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

Had a somewhat irritating experience yesterday.

I brought in 5 movies. The clerk went through every one, checking front and back of the disc and behind the cover insert. He rejected one (The Weather Man) for what he said was "weird lines on the bottom" of the disc. It looked like the standard resurfacing waves. The other was the old Dolph Lundgren Punisher, because he said the way the disc label was "not shiny" it looked illegitimate.

I asked him why he was checking so thoroughly, when usually they just check if the disc is there. He said new requirements are that it has to be in it's original case, with any inserts.

I don't believe him, he was just being a pecker. I'm going to take the same two back today.

#242 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

A living, breathing piece of defecating meat.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

I brought in 5 movies. The clerk went through every one, checking front and back of the disc and behind the cover insert. He rejected one (The Weather Man) for what he said was "weird lines on the bottom" of the disc. It looked like the standard resurfacing waves. The other was the old Dolph Lundgren Punisher, because he said the way the disc label was "not shiny" it looked illegitimate.

I asked him why he was checking so thoroughly, when usually they just check if the disc is there. He said new requirements are that it has to be in it's original case, with any inserts.

I don't believe him, he was just being a pecker. I'm going to take the same two back today.

Yeah, when I went in Sunday, the girl needed help from a supervisor. They saw I brought in five DVDs (two or so with printed covers,) didn't check the discs, and printed off a receipt with five coupons stapled to it.

#243 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

The guy didn't even open the cases to check until he had already given me the coupons and receipt.

fs_overall.png

#244 cagfansub

cagfansub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

Wondering when will they bring Batman - Dark Knight Rises in Steelbook to $9.99 level? Perhaps next U&S?

#245 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:38 AM

I trade in a dvd and bought Summer wars today.
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#246 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:09 AM

He was just being a pecker. If some people get even a little bit of power or authority, they act like complete peckers.

At my store today no one even know how to do the promotion. They had to go bother someone who was off on their break to ask them how to do it. There was a line of 10+ people behind me waiting while they did this.

Kind of off topic and rude but,
Spoiler

Anyway, back on topic:

I searched all over my store but I couldn't find:
Grease
The Sandlot (looked the last upgrade and save also)
Minority Report (would be nice if it had oblivion movie cash like some have reported)
Army of Darkness (looked the last 2 upgrade and saves also)

People here and bluray.com have reported buying this blurays during this Upgrade and Save. I fucking looked through every bluray shelf in their disorganized Genre bullshit.

I ended up buying (prices after coupon)

Hulk - $4.99 (with movie cash)
Blade Runner - $4.99
Resident Evil Afterlife 3D - $14.99
Resident Evil Retribution 3D - $14.99 (yeah yeah, I know they suck, but they are my guilty pleasure movies. I don't care how shitty the films are because 3D Milla Jovovich is worth $14.99)

#247 FiendCameron

FiendCameron

xGrindxMoshx

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:51 AM

I got a nice lil haul today:

In Time - $5 (All U&S)
Sandlot - $5 (finally found a store stocked with these, they had a few)
and BBC Earth: Life and BBC Earth: Frozen Planet 2 Pack for $15

Funny considering they're doing either Life or Frozen Planet for $20, but this store had "Exclusive" 2 packs for $20 which were just shrinkwrapped together.

#248 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:03 AM

I got a nice lil haul today:

In Time - $5 (All U&S)
Sandlot - $5 (finally found a store stocked with these, they had a few)
and BBC Earth: Life and BBC Earth: Frozen Planet 2 Pack for $15

Funny considering they're doing either Life or Frozen Planet for $20, but this store had "Exclusive" 2 packs for $20 which were just shrinkwrapped together.

Where did you find The Sandlot in that store? Was it in a cardboard display or mixed in one of the genre's or on a random endcap?

#249 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:23 AM

I saw one at my store mixed with one of the genres.

#250 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:25 AM

Look at the narrator, the 2 $20 packs should be David Attenborough, the pair will be Oprah Winfrey

#251 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

I saw one at my store mixed with one of the genres.

Thanks. I appreciate the help. I'll check another store today. I'd assume they'd put it in the kids movies section, but I'll check them all to be safe.

#252 maxpower0965

maxpower0965

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

If anybody needs to buy some cheap DVD to trade in to BBY Hastings has DVD for sale at 2 for .99cents.

#253 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

A living, breathing piece of defecating meat.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

If anybody needs to buy some cheap DVD to trade in to BBY Hastings has DVD for sale at 2 for .99cents.

In store I'm assuming?

#254 maxpower0965

maxpower0965

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

In store I'm assuming?

Yup in store.

#255 leichstein

leichstein

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

Went to three different stores and came back witht these:

Blade Runner - $5
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - $5
Requiem for a Dream - $5
The Prestige - $5
The Town - $5
Almost Famous - $5
Moulin Rouge / Romeo + Juliet - $7
Argo - $15
Dark Knight Rises - $15

I really wanted the Kubrick triple pack and only one store I went to had it. I looked all over, but I couldn't find it so I just walked out. Whoever thought it wise to change from alphabetical to genre organization, and mix blus and dvds together, should be fired.

#256 jeeper421

jeeper421

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

Anyone had any luck price matching amazon then using the 5 dollar off coupon?

#257 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

If you also need DVDs and don't have a dollar store, MovieStop has a ton of 2-for-$5 and all used anime are B2G1 Free.

#258 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

I went back for round two.

Prices are after coupon discount

Minority Report (with 7.50 GI Joe movie money) - $7.99 - (It was marked $9.99 so I got them to adjust the final price down to $4.99).
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt 1 3D - $9.99 (yeah I know the 3D sucks)
Wrath of the Titans 3D - $9.99 (hey, at least I passed of Clash of the Titans 3D).
Ferngully/Secret of Nimh 2 pack - $6.99 (Fuck yeah, childhood nostalgia time)
Warrior $4.99

I think I'm done for this sale. There's nothing else I want except fucking Grease and the Sandlot and both stores I went to didn't have them.

The only other thing I might be interested in is the Chinatown steelbook on 5/7/13 depending on the price and depending if they get any in stock. It would also be cool to find Army of Darkness screwhead edition, but at least I have the old HD DVD.

#259 FiendCameron

FiendCameron

xGrindxMoshx

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:19 AM

Look at the narrator, the 2 $20 packs should be David Attenborough, the pair will be Oprah Winfrey

Life is Oprah. And it's still damn good. Attenborough for the Frozen one though. I don't mind her being the narrator, I mostly watch it with a friend and we do our own drunk commentary.

#260 FiendCameron

FiendCameron

xGrindxMoshx

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:20 AM

Where did you find The Sandlot in that store? Was it in a cardboard display or mixed in one of the genre's or on a random endcap?

It was in Comedy for that store. Checked Family/Kids first and was disappointed, but the comedy section had 5+ copies. If I knew it was that rare I would have picked another up for someone, but it's 40 minutes from my house.

#261 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:36 AM

Minority Report (would be nice if it had oblivion movie cash like some have reported)

I saw both versions at my store. The non-movie cash version was marked $9.99, w/movie cash is $12.99. They had different sku's, and I did not push for a match.

#262 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:40 AM

Is the Ferngully/Secret of the Nimh and Moulin Rouge/Romeo and Juliet 2 packs come with 2 blu cases or is it a double feature thing? I hate double features, but wouldn't mind getting them if they had their own discs and cases.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#263 irighti

irighti

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:55 AM

hit two stores today, traded in 8 overall.

finally got the lion king diamond edition, 14.99 after coupon. paul for 6.99, the res were scored for 4.99. decided to take a shot on the raid: redemption based on all the positive talk here.

#264 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:27 AM

Is the Ferngully/Secret of the Nimh and Moulin Rouge/Romeo and Juliet 2 packs come with 2 blu cases or is it a double feature thing? I hate double features, but wouldn't mind getting them if they had their own discs and cases.

It's a simple repackaging. Same discs as the individual release.

#265 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:49 AM

It's a simple repackaging. Same discs as the individual release.

So do they have their own cases or not? Repackaging doesnt really answer my question.

rm8ylt.gif

#266 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:50 AM

So do they have their own cases or not? Repackaging doesnt really answer my question.

No they do not. Both discs are inside a double disc case.

New sig coming soon.

#267 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:20 AM

No they do not. Both discs are inside a double disc case.

Thank you. Well if they are on separate discs I may still bite on Secret secret of the Nimh/Ferngully.

rm8ylt.gif

#268 spatenfloot

spatenfloot

Don't read this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

The Star Trek blurays are on sale this week for $9.99 so $5 after coupon.

#269 cagfansub

cagfansub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

I went back for round two.

Prices are after coupon discount

Minority Report (with 7.50 GI Joe movie money) - $7.99 - (It was marked $9.99 so I got them to adjust the final price down to $4.99).
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt 1 3D - $9.99 (yeah I know the 3D sucks)
Wrath of the Titans 3D - $9.99 (hey, at least I passed of Clash of the Titans 3D).
Ferngully/Secret of Nimh 2 pack - $6.99 (Fuck yeah, childhood nostalgia time)
Warrior $4.99

I think I'm done for this sale. There's nothing else I want except fucking Grease and the Sandlot and both stores I went to didn't have them.

The only other thing I might be interested in is the Chinatown steelbook on 5/7/13 depending on the price and depending if they get any in stock. It would also be cool to find Army of Darkness screwhead edition, but at least I have the old HD DVD.

What is Warrior $4.99?

#270 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

What is Warrior $4.99?

http://www.bestbuy.c...rrior&lp=3&cp=1