• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#1 soccerstud652

soccerstud652

J-E-T-S JETSJETSJETS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

Amazon has pre-orders up for (w/ a tentative release date of June 11, 2013):

Lilo & Stitch / Lilo & Stitch: Stitch Has A Glitch Two-Movie Collection (Three Disc Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Link: http://www.amazon.co...lilo and stitch

Atlantis: The Lost Empire / Atlantis: Milo's Return: Two-Movie Collection (Three Disc Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Link: http://www.amazon.co...s_2958935011_41

The Emperor's New Groove / Kronk's New Groove: Two-Movie Collection (Three Disc Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Link: http://www.amazon.co...rors new groove

I don't see any of the usual Amazon discount coupons - anyone have info on the coupons?

Edited by soccerstud652, 25 March 2013 - 11:36 PM.

My eBay link.
I am PayPal verified and have 100% feedback since June 2004.

#2 crow3232

crow3232

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

Im still waiting for the last batch from a few wks ago to drop in price. havent seen any coupons for these yet

#3 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

Eh, I am up in the air about these. Like Milan, I loved the original Lilo & Stitch and Emperor's New Groove, but I don't want the sequels.

I also have a feeling the cover art for these will be horrible.

#4 batman1939

batman1939

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

Lilo and Stitch 1 & 2
http://www.amazon.co...lilo and stitch

I don't care about the rest.

#5 Frahps

Frahps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

Im still waiting for the last batch from a few wks ago to drop in price. havent seen any coupons for these yet

They never did. Disney's latest thing is to do the whole "buy 2, get $x off!!" now, sadly... I'll be waiting for a sale for them to go down to $20 each. Usually Target does them a couple months later.

#6 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

Atlantis' coverart actually looks pretty cool (though the title placement could use some work). Lilo's is OK, but at least it doesn't shoehorn the sequel in there. Emperor's is horrible.

#7 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

Emperor's 1 & 2
http://www.amazon.co...words=emperor's

Getting this along with Stitch...never saw Atlantis, never seemed interesting to me.

#8 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

Too bad there's no release date

#9 The Questyen

The Questyen

formerly gothamcentral79

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

I don't really mind them adding the sequels in even though I have no interest in them. It's not like they are charging more for them because of it and people with kids I'm sure get use out of them.

Currently Playing: Bioshock 2 (replay) (PS3)

Recently Finished: Bioshock (replay) (PS3) / A+ - Steamworld Dig / A- (PS4)

#10 Steggy

Steggy

Shhhhhhhhh

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

preordered all, thanks op!

#11 Greenboom98

Greenboom98

End Of Time traveler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

Still need to catch up with the last batch: Pixar Volume 2, Mulan, Brother Bear, & Hunchback. And one that's OOP now.. Beauty & The Beast Xmas one :-( I usually try to get every one with the exception of Winnie The Pooh.

Oh and yeah.. that cover art for Emperor's New Groove is just awful. That's the best they could come out with? Really? :-D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#12 jumpman17

jumpman17

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

Gah, those are all on my list. My poor wallet. Bleh to the 2 packs though.

#13 Rirse

Rirse

The Death of Grammar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

Still need to catch up with the last batch: Pixar Volume 2, Mulan, Brother Bear, & Hunchback. And one that's OOP now.. Beauty & The Beast Xmas one :-( I usually try to get every one with the exception of Winnie The Pooh.

Oh and yeah.. that cover art for Emperor's New Groove is just awful. That's the best they could come out with? Really? :-D

Yeah that one was really bad. Especially after the really classy 2-disc set for the DVD with the gold llama on the cover.

Speaking of Disney releases, how come Hercules hasn't had a re-release in over a decade? The last DVD it had is still the old Gold from 1999. Every other title since got several re-releases.

#14 Frosty The Batman

Frosty The Batman

Luv that dirty water

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

Ordered them all.
Is there a list of all the released Disney animated blu rays?

Also, is there a good site that keeps tracks of future releases? Like Aladdin?

6041.png

#15 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

Is the second Lilo and Stitch even worth watching? If not, that's a waste of $7 over what I'd pay for the original Lilo and Stitch.
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#16 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:26 AM

Ordered them all.

http://disneydvd.dis...com/a-to-z.html

#17 JediDeath

JediDeath

Casual Fribsday 2024

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:21 AM

Too bad there's no release date

Digital Bits has them listed for June 11th

http://www.thedigita...nts/032213_1300

Also, I'm super excited about Emperor's New Groove. I've been waiting forever to get this (even though I own it digitally several times over) :whee:

And while not a Disney movie, Universal is finally bringing The Shadow to blu-ray on June 6th! Excited for that one too.

Ordered them all.

I think I read somewhere (probably Bluray.com) that Aladdin was pushed back until next year, because they were making it 3D and putting it back in theaters. The Little Mermaid is supposed to be their last "big one" this year.

#18 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:24 AM

Definitely want L&S. As for new groove, I think the only reason I want that one is for Pat Warburton lol.

#19 jazzman

jazzman

Carpe diem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:18 AM

Love both the original Lilo and Emperor's, but WTF Disney where are my Digital Copy's. I hate that they excluded a DC from Mulan. At least just offer the DC for the original and not the sequel.

#20 Trojann

Trojann

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

Is it true they are closing the vault for some Disney movies already? I read it in my Peter Pan blu ray

#21 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

Stitch has a glitch, while not as good as the original movie, is actually a pretty good movie. It's one of the better straight to video movies.
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#22 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

Is it true they are closing the vault for some Disney movies already? I read it in my Peter Pan blu ray

Probably only the big releases. They will put it in the vault then re-release it in a year or two.

I'd like to know when Disney is going to give their live-action family films the Blu-ray treatment.

#23 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

Disney Vault titles don't get re-released in a year or two. More like 5+ years..

There are several in the vault already:

Snow White
Pinocchio
Sleeping Beauty
Bambi
Fantasia/Fantasia 2000
Beauty and the Beast

The following are going in the vault in April:

The Lion King
Lady and the Tramp

#24 Dredd

Dredd

CAG in Training

• Validating

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

will get lilo and stitch

#25 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

Disney Vault titles don't get re-released in a year or two. More like 5+ years..

Snow White
Pinocchio
Sleeping Beauty
Bambi
Fantasia/Fantasia 2000
Beauty and the Beast

The Lion King
Lady and the Tramp

Yeah I thought it was 10 wasn't it?

#26 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

Snow White
Pinocchio
Sleeping Beauty
Bambi
Fantasia/Fantasia 2000
Beauty and the Beast

The Lion King
Lady and the Tramp

Seems like they open it every 5th anniversary though. The only one I missed and regret is Pinocchio.

#27 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

D'oh! I'm missing Snow White, Pinocchio, and Bambi from that list. Although you can get them from Amazon for $50+ each. Fucking scalpers.

Does anyone know the other movies that are in the 'vault' rotation?
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#28 Rictor

Rictor

I like big butts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

$15 seems to be the magic price point for Disney movies if you're patient and can wait 6 months or so. I'll pay $20 for some blu-ray+DVD combos though.

The only one I've ever paid full price for was Frankenweenie when it came out because I took my daughter to see it at the second run theater and she loved it so much she wanted to watch it again and again. We went to Target a few days later and it had just been released on Blu-Ray, so I gave in and bought it for her. She loved the extra features.

She's 3 and a half and Frankenweenie was one of her first movies in the theater...she also saw Rise of the Guardians when it came out and loved it. I just ordered her that blu-ray for $15 on BestBuy.com with their $10 free gift card offer. We are going to all of the movies at the second-run theater now.

#29 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:05 PM

I'm guessing Cinderella, Dumbo, and Alice in Wonderland might go in the vault soon. Basically any of the classic disney "diamond edition" releases.

Bambi is still available at non-vault prices at amazon though. I won't pay vault scalper prices for the others. Will just wait for the next release, probably with 3d if they didn't do it already last time.

#30 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

I'm guessing Cinderella, Dumbo, and Alice in Wonderland might go in the vault soon. Basically any of the classic disney "diamond edition" releases.

Bambi is still available at non-vault prices at amazon though. I won't pay vault scalper prices for the others. Will just wait for the next release, probably with 3d if they didn't do it already last time.

I read that Disney cancelled the theatrical release of The Little Mermaid 3D due to poor ticket sales for Monsters Inc 3D. I'm not sure if we'll see any of the other Disney classics converted.
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson